Bit Of A Yarn

Kango??

Newmarket

The beauty of handicaps racing!!!!!! . Everyone gets a chance at winning.

The Franklin Cup a perfect example of 5 of New Zealands very best horses unable to go a second faster from 10m or 2 seconds faster from 20m , than the Quinella horses off the front . (As Long as They Roll along) 

The low class trotter made Group 1 winners Bolt for Brilliance and Temporale work for it too in the feature trot. (with a great 3rd to Anditover leading out and running along on his own for a long way ) Great drive Todd MacFarlane !!!!

Great drive on Kango too by the Wizard ? waving his wand lol. 

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Wow, got attacked twice yet still fought back. Nothing in his past few starts suggested he could do that. 
For the sake of punters, hope it gets tested. 

Be nothing untoward with Arna's training. His last run nothing went right for him after he got the 1x1 last week,and it was also his first run since he ran during Cup Week in races like the Cup and then the Free For All,where he performed creditably. It's not the first time he's been attacked in the lead and fought back and won. The horse is more than useful and this is his first season in the Open grade,so as i said there will be nothing untoward with Arna's training,if that's what was being implied.

• Champ Post 2

16 hours ago, Mardy said:

Be nothing untoward with Arna's training. His last run nothing went right for him after he got the 1x1 last week,and it was also his first run since he ran during Cup Week in races like the Cup and then the Free For All,where he performed creditably. It's not the first time he's been attacked in the lead and fought back and won. The horse is more than useful and this is his first season in the Open grade,so as i said there will be nothing untoward with Arna's training,if that's what was being implied.

My main point was it got attacked twice yet still won. I know it’s a pretty handy stayer, but didn’t think it could still win. Shows calibre of the also runs, open class fields are shit nowadays. Good to see driver staying in front, if that was in sth island, nobody would have attacked

48 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

My main point was it got attacked twice yet still won. I know it’s a pretty handy stayer, but didn’t think it could still win. Shows calibre of the also runs, open class fields are shit nowadays. Good to see driver staying in front, if that was in sth island, nobody would have attacked

You are correct, the standard of the open class horses are well down on years ago.

Personally don’t enjoy the tighter class horse races as they are pretty boring most of the time.

It is only  enthusiasts that don’t bet like the clown that uses the Bob Cameron open class horse non de

plume from the Darkside that get off on open class horses.

Wonder what the TAB turnover is like this year when they are stopping the intelligent ones from betting with them?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

You are correct, the standard of the open class horses are well down on years ago.

Personally don’t enjoy the tighter class horse races as they are pretty boring most of the time

You are incorrect Brodie.

The standard has never been higher. The Open class trotter Sundees Son broke the NZ record by more than 4 seconds at his last start, in a performance that even the most harshest critic like yourself would have to say was pretty good. One of the highest standard runs I've ever seen in 40 years following.

LIKEWISE, The NZ Cup and NZ FFA were won by NorthIslanders,,,,, breaking several years of dominance by Allstars. Normally you would be plaesed with this instead of critical. But you've lost All enjoyment from the sport ? The champions of the sport shouldn't be described as boring. Are they boring being North Islanders maybe? 

The Franklin Cup was a 'Thrilling ' race last night , with the handicaps un-doing some of the stars of the sport like KRUG (the double derby winner) who is a Very high Standard horse.  as well as Bettor Twist. Well done to KANGO connections. It certainly wasn't boring . and thoroughly well deserved .

boring is a poor description of feature racing. place has gone to the pack. probably vaccine syndrome.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Gammalite said:

You are incorrect Brodie.

The standard has never been higher. The Open class trotter Sundees Son broke the NZ record by more than 4 seconds at his last start, in a performance that even the most harshest critic like yourself would have to say was pretty good. One of the highest standard runs I've ever seen in 40 years following.

LIKEWISE, The NZ Cup and NZ FFA were won by NorthIslanders,,,,, breaking several years of dominance by Allstars. Normally you would be plaesed with this instead of critical. But you've lost All enjoyment from the sport ? The champions of the sport shouldn't be described as boring. Are they boring being North Islanders maybe? 

The Franklin Cup was a 'Thrilling ' race last night , with the handicaps un-doing some of the stars of the sport like KRUG (the double derby winner) who is a Very high Standard horse.  as well as Bettor Twist. Well done to KANGO connections. It certainly wasn't boring . and thoroughly well deserved .

boring is a poor description of feature racing. place has gone to the pack. probably vaccine syndrome.

Gamma, Brodie incorrect?

Maybe boring is not the right word then!

The tighter class horse no.s are well down on what they were a decade or two ago.

Many good horses are sold off oversees as it generally not profitable to race them as the no.of races for their like are more limited.

You only have to look at the size of the fields at borh Auckland and Addington at most times of the year.

Addington tighter class races and I am not talking Cup Class necessarily, often have 6 or 7 starters and on,y get off the ground because of-the Dunn and Allstars stables providing all the starters.

Auckland racing has become a yawn fest and has been for several seasons.

Betting turnover is well down on the Auckland races and how they are able to put up the stake money at the levels they are currently at is hard to fathom.

Guerin says get behind them as they will survive!

Total incompetency has  brought the once financial club to its knees, and owners, trainers and punters are deserting it.

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone and hopefully it will be mkre enjoyable than the last couple, although you wouldnt want to hold your breath.

A totally out of her depth Communist Dictator at the helm and the Tubby Assistant have only one goal in mind!

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, Brodie incorrect?

Maybe boring is not the right word then!

The tighter class horse no.s are well down on what they were a decade or two ago.

Many good horses are sold off oversees as it generally not profitable to race them as the no.of races for their like are more limited.

You only have to look at the size of the fields at borh Auckland and Addington at most times of the year.

Addington tighter class races and I am not talking Cup Class necessarily, often have 6 or 7 starters and on,y get off the ground because of-the Dunn and Allstars stables providing all the starters.

Auckland racing has become a yawn fest and has been for several seasons.

Betting turnover is well down on the Auckland races and how they are able to put up the stake money at the levels they are currently at is hard to fathom.

Guerin says get behind them as they will survive!

Total incompetency has  brought the once financial club to its knees, and owners, trainers and punters are deserting it.

Anyway, Happy New Year to everyone and hopefully it will be mkre enjoyable than the last couple, although you wouldnt want to hold your breath.

A totally out of her depth Communist Dictator at the helm and the Tubby Assistant have only one goal in mind!

Always a political under tone Brodster.  Perhaps you will be happy with uncle fester leading the nats lol

To call Sundees Son win in the dominion boring is like saying covid 19 is a hoax lol

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Always a political under tone Brodster.  Perhaps you will be happy with uncle fester leading the nats lol

To call Sundees Son win in the dominion boring is like saying covid 19 is a hoax lol

Happy New Year Booby.

Not sure I mentioned anything about the trotters?

The trotting races are normally better than the tightly assessed pacers.

They are also not very good races to bet into however unless you want the shorties.

16 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not sure I mentioned anything about the trotters?

The trotting races are normally better than the tightly assessed pacers.

They are also not very good races to bet into however unless you want the shorties.

Well you are correct with that one Brodster ! 

Sundees Son is going to Omakau today and likely to be pretty short odds. I enjoy the harness racing without betting most of the time so odds don't worry me too much. I just like seeing good horses go round.

The locals at Omakau (not sure where that is but sounds remote)  are in for a real treat.!!!!!  Sundees Son in front of them strutting his Stuff. Also great pacers like Laver and Terry and Classie Brigade too. ecellent.

For the life of me, for punters sake , can't see WHY they don't exclude Sundees Son from the betting today ???

He must be paying a $1 and $1 place you would think.? 

That way the punters still win if they can pick 2nd, as that could be the win divvie,  and the race can become a Normal Betting race. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well you are correct with that one Brodster ! 

Sundees Son is going to Omakau today and likely to be pretty short odds. I enjoy the harness racing without betting most of the time so odds don't worry me too much. I just like seeing good horses go round.

The locals at Omakau (not sure where that is but sounds remote)  are in for a real treat.!!!!!  Sundees Son in front of them strutting his Stuff. Also great pacers like Laver and Terry and Classie Brigade too. ecellent.

For the life of me, for punters sake , can't see WHY they don't exclude Sundees Son from the betting today ???

He must be paying a $1 and $1 place you would think.? 

That way the punters still win if they can pick 2nd, as that could be the win divvie,  and the race can become a Normal Betting race. 

Don't know where Omakau is? Just the nightlife capital of NZ.

• Haha 3

On 1/1/2022 at 4:02 PM, Brodie said:

Personally don’t enjoy the tighter class horse races as they are pretty boring most of the time.

It is only  enthusiasts that don’t bet like the clown that uses the Bob Cameron open class horse non de

plume from the Darkside that get off on open class horses.

Wonder what the TAB turnover is like this year when they are stopping the intelligent ones from betting with them?

Mate, I disagree with most of this, all though I hear what you are saying. Group One races are great and you can find value if you look. A few recent examples. ace mare Amazing Dream     paid over $19 winning on the Gold Coast, twice. Laver paid $19 a place when third in jewels. Gerard O'Reilly's filly ran third in jewels and paid $7(?) a place when third in Jewels. There are many other examples too. 

Group One races offer real value if you open your mind and study closely. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davis said:

Mate, I disagree with most of this, all though I hear what you are saying. Group One races are great and you can find value if you look. A few recent examples. ace mare Amazing Dream     paid over $19 winning on the Gold Coast, twice. Laver paid $19 a place when third in jewels. Gerard O'Reilly's filly ran third in jewels and paid $7(?) a place when third in Jewels. There are many other examples too. 

Group One races offer real value if you open your mind and study closely. 

Every now and then there probably is value in Group races, however I never look for value in the tighter assessed races.

Prefer to sort out the horses worth investing on in loose class racing, just the way I operate and has worked for me.

Personally not bothering much at the moment for several reasons lol.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Every now and then there probably is value in Group races, however I never look for value in the tighter assessed races.

Prefer to sort out the horses worth investing on in loose class racing, just the way I operate and has worked for me.

Personally not bothering much at the moment for several reasons lol.

Investing and finding value in G1 races works for me...

• Like 2