Bit Of A Yarn

Late Scratching: Leo Molloy Drops Out Of Auckland Mayoral Bid for 2022.

• Chief Stipe changed the title to Late Scratching: Leo Molloy Drops Out Of Auckland Mayoral Bid for 2022.

In the current climate e.g. National and bullying MP's hardly a good bet when you've been fined for bullying and assaulting a female employee. Getting a criminal conviction for disregarding a court order hardly showed good judgement. Thats even before starting on the bullying at the abuse factory where he got most of his thousands of postings deleted. Oh yes in his own words "business leader" yeah right when you've been a bankrupt.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

In the current climate e.g. National and bullying MP's hardly a good bet when you've been fined for bullying and assaulting a female employee. Getting a criminal conviction for disregarding a court order hardly showed good judgement. Thats even before starting on the bullying at the abuse factory where he got most of his thousands of postings deleted. Oh yes in his own words "business leader" yeah right when you've been a bankrupt.

Not to mention the recent 12 month ban from all NZ racecourses.  The timing of his withdrawal is interesting and the reasons questionable when there is so much in the news about about bullying and this angry little man has more victims of his online assualts than LIsa lewis clients have had happy endings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

Meanwhile the 2nd highest elected representative in NZ - The Speaker of the House - Trevor Mallard, Labour MP gets convicted for assault WHILE elected and loses a defamation case while speaker costing the NZ taxpayer $300k.   No worries - lets give him a cushy diplomatic post in Ireland. 

• Champ Post 1

I may have read the form book incorrectly.

Here is a different slant to the story:

Yesterday we were treated to a small blessing: Leo Molloy quitting the Auckland mayoralty race after a dreadful poll that saw him slump to third place behind Efeso Collins and Wayne Brown. Now, if only someone would take Viv Beck aside and tell her to quit as well.

Leading Auckland mayoral candidate Leo Molloy has confirmed he is dropping out of the race.

“It’s the right thing to do for the city,” he said in a surprise statement on Friday.

Molloy said the result of a new poll which he received last night, showed he had slipped to third place behind Wayne Brown.

“I was mortified,” Molloy told media on Friday afternoon, and that began the internal discussion that he should withdraw before midday, after which time his name would be on the ballot paper.

Stuff

It wasn’t really surprising that Molloy quit. Most of his campaign team had quit in the past few weeks or quietly walked away mouthing platitudes. But he is correct, it was the right thing to do. Otherwise his name would have been on the ballot paper and he would have shared the blame, alongside other putative centre-right candidates, in making sure Auckland is inflicted with yet another Labour donkey for mayor.

There has been quite a concerted effort on the centre-right to get the three egos to pull their heads in and pull out in favour of the highest polling candidate. That is Wayne Brown right now.

There are two types of people who stand for council, and you need to craft your campaign around the personality type. There are those who need slowing down, which is easier to do than the second type of candidate, who needs speeding up. It is much easier to slow someone down than to speed someone up.

Wayne Brown is one that needs slowing down. He has a proven track record in local government and health bureaucracies and has a reputation for cracking skulls on intransigent civil servants. But he is prone to rash action, hence the need to slow him down.

Viv Beck is theoretically the second type, but she is a long way away from even being in a position to speed up. One wag suggested she needed to wake up first before even trying to speed up. About the only chance she would have of winning would be if the National Party broke the habit of a lifetime and actually endorsed a candidate.

Some senior people inside the National Party or C&R should now quietly pay a visit to Viv Beck and get her to quit too. She stupidly will be on the ballot paper and will attract some votes, but disaster can still be averted. I’m not sure Viv Beck wants to go down in history as the person most responsible for delivering a Labour mayor from South Auckland.

There comes a time in a campaign where candidates have to shit or get off the pot. Viv Beck hasn’t even taken her seat on the pot. She should just quit now.

Kudos to Leo Molloy, he knew he couldn’t win, and so quit at exactly the right time.

Written by Cameron Slater.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

If the gutless wonders on that other racing forum had pulled up Molloy say a dozen years ago for his abusive and narcissistic social media behaviour he may well have learnt his lesson. Instead its cost him hundreds of thousand dollars in damages and fines and now no doubt contributed to the failed mayoralty campaign. The current owner of the site instead has retaliated against complainers in various ways so the contributors know they can't criticize Molloy. Therefore I would argue its the sites owner who has indirectly caused the failed campaign.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Centaur said:

If the gutless wonders on that other racing forum had pulled up Molloy say a dozen years ago for his abusive and narcissistic social media behaviour he may well have learnt his lesson. Instead its cost him hundreds of thousand dollars in damages and fines and now no doubt contributed to the failed mayoralty campaign. The current owner of the site instead has retaliated against complainers in various ways so the contributors know they can't criticize Molloy. Therefore I would argue its the sites owner who has indirectly caused the failed campaign.

I stopped posting there years ago when Molloy owned the site and knew personal details and used it for his soap box to stand on which still left him looking up at just about everybody else and trying to put them down. Purcell, Archer, Poppelwell, Ivil, James  etc etc the list is endless of the people he abused. The new owner lets him keep doig it and shuts down anyone who gives it back. its typical bully behaviour and nothing but cowards. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Peanut said:

I stopped posting there years ago when Molloy owned the site and knew personal details and used it for his soap box to stand on which still left him looking up at just about everybody else and trying to put them down. Purcell, Archer, Poppelwell, Ivil, James  etc etc the list is endless of the people he abused. The new owner lets him keep doig it and shuts down anyone who gives it back. its typical bully behaviour and nothing but cowards. 

Exactly. About ten years ago I gathered up a bundle of Molloy's postings and forwarded them to NZTR. As a license holder at the time he was turning away potential participants in racing as people don't get into racing to be abused so why bother. NZTR did nothing but when one of their own was abused oh how quickly they acted e.g. Purcell. I believe that set Molloy back about $200,000. Still he never learnt. However the bullying of his was methodical. He would research a posters background as you say, twist it around and sit back and enjoy denigrating and humiliating the person. Most of these people just walked away but still the abuse followed online.

One example of the vicious abuse with his so called mates joining in was against the handicapper at the time. All the handicapper did was have a few bets outside of paid hours. Had no possible effect on any outcome and the information was the same for everyone. OK one or two postings saying the rules were such and such should have been enough. But no the personal abuse was just astounding. Any postings saying enough is enough had McKenzie the site owner retaliating with his own personal abuse and he is supposed to have been the moderator. 

Then you had the wannabe's. I objected to Molloy's ageist abuse against one poster. It was painful seeing the "victim" crawling to the abuser without at least sticking up for someone willing to point out the abuse.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, Newmarket said:

Now he says, I May Be Back In 2025????

FFS, he didn’t even compete in 2022. He calls himself a Hospo Legend, more like Hospital Luanatic.

I went to that horrible HQ once for a Racinggroup function and Molloy pranced around surrounded by goons like some little mobster thinking he was the man for mxing with a cool young crowd.  they all thought he was a complete wannabe dickhead. 

• Like 1

I just challenged him to a charity boxing fight - he blocked me after telling me to disappear. It seems like his tune has changed?

Or is he now self-aware about how bad getting pummeled by Sunlineboy would look for his 2025 Mayoral candidacy would look?

55 minutes ago, SLB2.0 said:

I just challenged him to a charity boxing fight - he blocked me after telling me to disappear. It seems like his tune has changed?

Or is he now self-aware about how bad getting pummeled by Sunlineboy would look for his 2025 Mayoral candidacy would look?

He want's to fight NZH columnist Simon Wilson-old,frail and diagnosed with...cancer.He's tough....yeah...right.