Bit Of A Yarn

Westport- Such a rails dominated course.

Brodie

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

They do not want to increase turnover Shad!

It seems to be all about yield and that is why the NZ TAB is faltering.

If they let me on, I could increase their turnover significantly but they dont want my $ and they treat me as a money launderer.

Unless they change their policies the NZ TAB is going to decline.

I think the TAB are concentrating on Sports betting, my old mate. They can make a killing there. Look at all the money The Warrior fans invest. One game was the second or third highest turnover. WTF. The Warriors are useless, overhyped and overrated. They seldom win but their dumb fans keep on backing them. TAB must make millions of the Warrior fans alone. Then there's the Blues too. 

Why would they want to attract punters that can win consistently like you and me, when they can get mug Warrior fans that lose every week? Joke mate. 

• Like 1

Reality is that the NZ TAB has a betting monopoly in NZ but they are very poorly run!

Instead of restricting punters they should be encouraging them, which will make the industry  far mire sustainable!

By giving away free bets to certain punters obviously increases turnover but makes them less profit.

Yes I know they want to retain  the losing punters by giving them back some money but at the same time not allowing others on for what they want.

There business plan as such is totally flawed and is hurting them majorly.

By favouring the losing punters over the more astute punters is driving punters out of punting on harness and ownership.

They need to forget about the yield and get turnover growing and ultimately they will be better off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Davis said:

I think the TAB are concentrating on Sports betting, my old mate. They can make a killing there. Look at all the money The Warrior fans invest. One game was the second or third highest turnover. WTF. The Warriors are useless, overhyped and overrated. They seldom win but their dumb fans keep on backing them. TAB must make millions of the Warrior fans alone. Then there's the Blues too. 

Why would they want to attract punters that can win consistently like you and me, when they can get mug Warrior fans that lose every week? Joke mate. 

You are correct Davis, if harness racing died in NZ the NZ TAB would be happy but the participants would not be.

Yes they love the Sports betting!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Reality is that the NZ TAB has a betting monopoly in NZ but they are very poorly run!

Instead of restricting punters they should be encouraging them, which will make the industry  far mire sustainable!

By giving away free bets to certain punters obviously increases turnover but makes them less profit.

Yes I know they want to retain  the losing punters by giving them back some money but at the same time not allowing others on for what they want.

There business plan as such is totally flawed and is hurting them majorly.

By favouring the losing punters over the more astute punters is driving punters out of punting on harness and ownership.

They need to forget about the yield and get turnover growing and ultimately they will be better off.

i understood they give away the bonus bets mostly to encourage people to put money in their accounts. no deposit,no bonus bet.They aren't forcing anyone to put money in and obviously think it pays off in that their return will be greater than what they have given away.i can see the logic. Also some of the bonus bets are given away based on turnover.

like you have said,if they do what they can to discourage winning clients,then that will come back and bite them in the bum when it comes to tote turnover.and when they end up losing more than they gain from that policy then its a really dumb policy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, the galah said:

i understood they give away the bonus bets mostly to encourage people to put money in their accounts. no deposit,no bonus bet.They aren't forcing anyone to put money in and obviously think it pays off in that their return will be greater than what they have given away.i can see the logic. Also some of the bonus bets are given away based on turnover.

like you have said,if they do what they can to discourage winning clients,then that will come back and bite them in the bum when it comes to tote turnover.and when they end up losing more than they gain from that policy then its a really dumb policy.

They need to be giving the Power Plays and Head to heads and Option No.!

Punters want to have a crack but do not want to be restricted to netting $30 on a power play on account, just pointless!!

When they announce bets of $200 as a bet worthy of mentioning on Trackside you know they are not allowing punters on for much.

One bet last week announced snd obviously worth mentioning by the Bookies was $1k @2.30 ffs!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, the galah said:

i understood they give away the bonus bets mostly to encourage people to put money in their accounts. no deposit,no bonus bet.

I think the account has to be pretty much empty as well.

Nice offer but you would be mad to deposit if the Whale is beached at some exotic resort.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

That's correct. I have had a few bonus bets, they were generous at the beginning, $70, but after I won a few in a row with healthy returns and then the bonuses offered not so generous. Now I get $40 bonus offer if lucky. I seldom take them up unless I have a special but not many of those around for me at the moment. You also don't get the full odds because they deduct the bonus bet from the winnings. I guess if you lose consistently the bonus bets keep on coming?

• Like 1

I got 3 in three weeks, still had plenty in my tab account, two were sports bets which I've never placed one in my life till now, sports betting never interested me, had one and let the other expire, that's my lot for the year id say, on another note still waiting to read the stipes report on reefton today, apparently meant to be posted not long after last race, been a long time now. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brodie said:

They need to be giving the Power Plays and Head to heads and Option No.!

Punters want to have a crack but do not want to be restricted to netting $30 on a power play on account, just pointless!!

When they announce bets of $200 as a bet worthy of mentioning on Trackside you know they are not allowing punters on for much.

One bet last week announced snd obviously worth mentioning by the Bookies was $1k @2.30 ffs!

I thought account holders could still win 2K when restricted?  So your 30 would be at 66.6 odds then.

11 hours ago, Shad said:

I got 3 in three weeks, still had plenty in my tab account, two were sports bets which I've never placed one in my life till now, sports betting never interested me, had one and let the other expire, that's my lot for the year id say, on another note still waiting to read the stipes report on reefton today, apparently meant to be posted not long after last race, been a long time now. 

Never been offered a “Bonus Bet” lol.

The Stipes probably left the course heading for home straight after the races.

Hard to write a report on the winding roads!

58 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

I thought account holders could still win 2K when restricted?  So your 30 would be at 66.6 odds then.

Na that 2k is for win bets only, nothing else!!

Just dont bother on account anymore, Power Plays net $30, so just pointless.

One day the NZ TAB will wake up and realise that what they are doing has done major harm to their client base.

I do not know a single person who has started wagering on harness racing in the kast decade do you?

• Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Never been offered a “Bonus Bet” lol.

The Stipes probably left the course heading for home straight after the races.

Hard to write a report on the winding roads!

Well you do say your on the money, they must think your a man of wealth, report wasn't posted as at 10pm last night, they must been over worked, even though having a typist to record it, anyhow merry new year everyone, be going from the new you for 2022 to the new me for 2023, been a tough year, and not sure this one coming will be any easier.Good luck on the punting wherever it may be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Na that 2k is for win bets only, nothing else!!

Just dont bother on account anymore, Power Plays net $30, so just pointless.

One day the NZ TAB will wake up and realise that what they are doing has done major harm to their client base.

I do not know a single person who has started wagering on harness racing in the kast decade do you?

On the money again my old mate. Don't get me started on the tAB bookies. How useless are they. I would like to know why there are no fixed odds up for the Central meetings yet? WTF The fields have been out for days. Fixed odd betting should be available now on the upcoming Omakau and Roxburgh harness meeting. Hopeless mate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davis said:

On the money again my old mate. Don't get me started on the tAB bookies. How useless are they. I would like to know why there are no fixed odds up for the Central meetings yet? WTF The fields have been out for days. Fixed odd betting should be available now on the upcoming Omakau and Roxburgh harness meeting. Hopeless mate

I agree the odds should be out early but to be fair we get them  earlier than what the Ozzies get!

There are so many things that can be better than what is currently happening.

It is a gambling business and being such, they should take the losses with the wins, and the law of averages they are going to be the major winners!

The fact that they do not want to having punters that win is a recipe for disaster for the industry in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I agree the odds should be out early but to be fair we get them  earlier than what the Ozzies get!

It is a gambling business and being such, they should take the losses with the wins, and the law of averages they are going to be the major winners!

The fact that they do not want to having punters that win is a recipe for disaster for the industry in the future.

Mate, come on. I am hearing you but what happens in Australia nothing to do with the Central meeting. The bookies are useless. They must know all the horses racing at Omakau and Roxbourughout surely. Most fields same horse start week in week out down there. Form is obvious so should be able to make a market easily I would have though. Bloody computer would do a better job than those hopeless TAB bookies fucking uselesss m old mate. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

And another thing mate I want to get on early and then forget about it. I don't want to be sitting around watching markets etc. Get them on and get outside, forget about life. It's OK if you sit at home with the sound off watching Trackside because their gf or boyfriend doesn't like racing like many on here my old mate. Then they can whack on the Whales tips or some other hot tip. But that's not for me mate. I want to get on early and get outside. 

• Champ Post 1

25 minutes ago, Davis said:

And another thing mate I want to get on early and then forget about it. I don't want to be sitting around watching markets etc. Get them on and get outside, forget about life. It's OK if you sit at home with the sound off watching Trackside because their gf or boyfriend doesn't like racing like many on here my old mate. Then they can whack on the Whales tips or some other hot tip. But that's not for me mate. I want to get on early and get outside. 

Yes would be great if they did get the harness odds out earlier, as the gallops meetings are often out days before a meeting!

Gallops does get preferential treatment!

They probably worry that if they have them out 2 days before, then they may miss out on punters not betting on the meeting the day before?

But they need to be encouraging punters to get on!

• Champ Post 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, Brodie said:

They do not want to increase turnover Shad!

It seems to be all about yield and that is why the NZ TAB is faltering.

If they let me on, I could increase their turnover significantly but they dont want my $ and they treat me as a money launderer.

Unless they change their policies the NZ TAB is going to decline.

i don't believe it my old mate. Just been to Roxborough on TAB website and still no markets. What the fuck is going on Brodie? It is so incompetent. I reckon you or I could do a market for that meeting in half an hour mate! Fuckling hopeless. You know what mate, I can't be bothered. I'm not going to bet at Roxborough lost interest. 

Wake up TAB, I"m close to giving up betting...

• Haha 1

On 1/01/2023 at 1:31 PM, Davis said:

i don't believe it my old mate. Just been to Roxborough on TAB website and still no markets. What the fuck is going on Brodie? It is so incompetent. I reckon you or I could do a market for that meeting in half an hour mate! Fuckling hopeless. You know what mate, I can't be bothered. I'm not going to bet at Roxborough lost interest. 

Wake up TAB, I"m close to giving up betting...

Why would they put up odds for Roxburgh the day before omakau races when there are many horses entered at both meetings!!!

• Haha 1