Bit Of A Yarn

Westport- Such a rails dominated course.

Brodie

On 1/01/2023 at 1:31 PM, Davis said:

i don't believe it my old mate. Just been to Roxborough on TAB website and still no markets. What the fuck is going on Brodie? It is so incompetent. I reckon you or I could do a market for that meeting in half an hour mate! Fuckling hopeless. You know what mate, I can't be bothered. I'm not going to bet at Roxborough lost interest. 

Wake up TAB, I"m close to giving up betting...

You are seriously joking posting this yesterday?????

• Champ Post 1
  • Fake News! 1

13 hours ago, boobybec said:

You are seriously joking posting this yesterday?????

It wasn't yesterday, get it right. It was the day before 1/1... JOKE

Are you pissed again.

Both meetings should have been marketed late last week...

What Davis is saying is that fixed odds could. E brought out earlier than they currently are!

They bring out gallops odds earlier than harness generally.

Yes we do better than Ozzie, but they need to be enticing punters to get on early so it will   Increase turnover and that is what they need!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

What Davis is saying is that fixed odds could. E brought out earlier than they currently are!

Yes we do better than Ozzie, but they need to be enticing punters to get on early so it will   Increase turnover and that is what they need!

Yes i understand what you are saying.  But a 2 day meeting in central otago ..... how can you expect odds out for both days?  

• Like 1
  • Fake News! 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Exactly my old mate. You are I are the only two on here with a clue. These others just come here to make smart comments or take the piss. Fuck them

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, boobybec said:

Yes i understand what you are saying.  But a 2 day meeting in central otago ..... how can you expect odds out for both days?  

Easy, fields almost the same and small fields. Can easily do markets at the same time. Both should have been up last week. Crazy stuff. None of the horses at Omakau are going to improve that much in two days then Roxborough. Get real. They need to be getting the odds out earlier to entice punters like me and Brodie, Gamma... we will win some, Brodie probably most times, but we will lose too and lTAB turnover up. No brainer?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 1:31 PM, Davis said:

i don't believe it my old mate. Just been to Roxborough on TAB website and still no markets. What the fuck is going on Brodie? It is so incompetent. I reckon you or I could do a market for that meeting in half an hour mate! Fuckling hopeless. You know what mate, I can't be bothered. I'm not going to bet at Roxborough lost interest. 

Wake up TAB, I"m close to giving up betting...

Roxburgh, its a arse of a name to spell.

As for betting, i havnt had a bet since before xmas, im still alive, you can survive without it, only watched the odd race on tv as well, the product that harness is producing is poor and repetitive, a lot of the gallops too, others may disagree, but as this is a industry that survives through punters they need to look after the dwindling numbers they still have, no radio either so i just tune out, literally.

Talking about radio, im on zb, why the fuck do everybody ring radio or text them after a earthquake, do they think they are the only ones who experienced it.

• Like 1
  • Bad Post 1

Spose i should add i can survive 

21 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Roxburgh, its a arse of a name to spell.

As for betting, i havnt had a bet since before xmas, im still alive, you can survive without it.

Spose i should add i can and others can survive without betting,  racings problems are simple, betting simply aint keeping pace with cost, same as many industrys, so look after your customer, not deter them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Spose i should add i can survive 

Spose i should add i can and others can survive without betting,  racings problems are simple, betting simply aint keeping pace with cost, same as many industrys, so look after your customer, not deter them.

You are correct Mickey.

In this day and age you have to be professional and give great customer service to retain customers in any business!

The TAB is lucky that it has a monopoly on racing wagering, however their performance is not great in trying to retain customers!

They do do an excellent job in trying to deter customers.

You are correct no punter actually needs to offload, however racing can not afford to keep losing and not attracting  new customers.

The paid employees from the NZ TAB do not seem to care as long as they retain their salaries.

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

You are correct Mickey.

In this day and age you have to be professional and give great customer service to retain customers in any business!

The TAB is lucky that it has a monopoly on racing wagering, however their performance is not great in trying to retain customers!

They do do an excellent job in trying to deter customers.

You are correct no punter actually needs to offload, however racing can not afford to keep losing and not attracting  new customers.

The paid employees from the NZ TAB do not seem to care as long as they retain their salaries.

Heres an example of one of the tab's policies.

The other day i spoke to someone who had got annoyed at how  placing $20 bets on ff on an account was impacting the ff dividends ,and as always subsequently the tote dividends.

So in one race they placed every minute  for 5 minutes,1 $20 win bet on a horse that they did not give any chance but was 3rd favorite. Each time after the bet was placed,it was then cashed out the bet prior to placing the next bet.

The ff dividend of that horse dropped from $7 to $6 to $5.50 to $5 to $4.50. All within the 5 minutes which was about quarter of an hour before start time. This is because of the algorithms they have set up on the account which monitor its bets,and slashes the odds on any bet placed..

So there was no money whatsoever placed on the horse,because each bet was cashed out. Yet the price dropped. The horse i believe started around $5 ff,and $5 on the tote because people had assumed it was a real win mover.

Of note the commentator said that the money had really come for that runner,which while understandable, is a comment often made by trackside presenters and commentators,but in reality it was all an illusion.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Heres an example of one of the tab's policies.

The other day i spoke to someone who had got annoyed at how  placing $20 bets on ff on an account was impacting the ff dividends ,and as always subsequently the tote dividends.

So in one race they placed every minute  for 5 minutes,1 $20 win bet on a horse that they did not give any chance but was 3rd favorite. Each time after the bet was placed,it was then cashed out the bet prior to placing the next bet.

The ff dividend of that horse dropped from $7 to $6 to $5.50 to $5 to $4.50. All within the 5 minutes which was about quarter of an hour before start time. This is because of the algorithms they have set up on the account which monitor its bets,and slashes the odds on any bet placed..

So there was no money whatsoever placed on the horse,because each bet was cashed out. Yet the price dropped. The horse i believe started around $5 ff,and $5 on the tote when of course it should have been much more.Of note the commentator said that the money had really come for that runner,which while understandable, is a comment often made by trackside presenters and commentators,but in reality it was all an illusion.

How do you know it was an illusion?  You have no idea what other amounts were bet during the time the $20 bets were made.

Did you compare odds for the same bet at the same time from a different account?

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

How do you know it was an illusion?  You have no idea what other amounts were bet during the time the $20 bets were made.

Did you compare odds for the same bet at the same time from a different account?

Believe what you want to believe chief.I can't work out why some people  can't believe what i say. 

To prove the point I had thought  you could give me  a name of any horse running at any up coming nz harness meeting,and you could watch how it works. But then i already did that about 6 months ago when discussing this topic previously. At the time i posted the algorithms also effected me,and i was going to back 3 horses, watch the dividends drop. I did so,they dropped immediately as i predicted.

And what was the response i got from you chief and a couple of other posters,well the same as what you have suggested above.So i'm not going to do that again.

Oh well,i know whats true and what isn't as far as this goes. You may find it hard to believe chief,,i'm not sure why though. 

Edited by the galah

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

@Brodie you'll be pleased to know that the site that champions free speech has openly said they will never allow you to post there!

The only topic of conversation on that site appears to be, Bag Mr Brodie. Very sad. I think they're just jealous that their site is full of has beens  who couldn't handle energetic, mischievous debate.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1