Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

Just now, Rangatira said:

because people do behave stupidly

It would be pretty dumb I would think!

This topic will go on for months with accusations but at the end of the day, hopefully the right outcome will occur.

Might make it easier for the TAB to shut Harness down!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Might make it easier for the TAB to shut Harness down!

I can see an upside for you in that.

I can't imagine many people with half a clue thinking that the dunn and purdon stable are getting their heads together to fix races let alone with 6 other canterbury stables

did they raid 5 stables over blue magic only to find how much blue magic

Edited by Rangatira

Christchurch car industry king pin, racehorse owner and major punter Graham Beirne, speaking to Stuff from Bali where he is on holiday, said he had heard about the raids on Canterbury trainers and knew police wanted to interview him.

"I'm a suspect put it that way. The police have been to our place this morning but I'm not there. All I have to say is one word: nonsense.

"I don't know where it's coming from. If they are talking race fixing, it's nonsense. It doesn't happen, so we'll see what they come up with but they are obviously taking it seriously because they have raided stables all over the place."

Four police cars and 12 police officers had come to his Fendalton house to execute a search warrant on Tuesday morning and apparently seized computers and devices, he said.

"There is nothing to worry about. 

"I am a big bettor. They would pick on me probably because three or four years ago there was an article in the Sunday Star Times which said I was the most successful punter in New Zealand and they couldn't beat me, and that was true at the time.

"But I haven't made any money in the last two years. The TAB records will show that."

Race fixing may have occurred in the distant past but checks and balances in the current system made it too difficult, he said.

The other issue in the industry was doping but he didn't know anything about that.

Beirne said he would not return immediately to New Zealand and planned to come back as scheduled on Saturday.

"By all accounts they are going to meet me at the airport."

He said he was "flippant" about the investigation but "I feel sorry for the trainers involved. I feel bad for the guys and the people they are interviewing. It's their livelihood. It's terrible for them".

"It tarnishes all their reputations even if nothing is found which there won't be."

He didn't know if any other big punters were part of the investigation. "I'm a reclusive creature so I don't know who else.

"It's a game for me although you always need the money. I like beating the system. It's only pacers and trotters."

He had about 30 horses that were trained by a number of trainers, he said.

"I don't need to race fix. I've got the pension now."

14 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

john blair nigel all clean

Blair has been arrested and charged,And word on the street is that your trainer not looking good Pete,

Mark P hasn't been spoken too even though they were at his stable and Nat has been spoken too but no charges laid but investigations are continuing

John and Dexter along with 2 other Canterbury stables are still under investigation

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Word could be out that the $2 ew punter known as “The Brodster” could well be questioned!

Not too sure when he was given a tip that he backed though?

sing out if you want me to send your betting disguises to you in bali

Edited by Rangatira

Guest CrossCodes

Everyone knows how dodgy McGrath is, has been in trouble for all the wrong reasons for a long time so it would be no surprise to see him in trouble again.

Dunns the same, dodgy all the way so no surprises there either.

Blair always comes across squeaky clean, guess sometimes its the quiet ones you have to look out for, the whole thing makes me sick and makes you wonder why you bother betting at all when clearly some of the results are decided before the race is run.

44 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Michael Guerin‏ @GuerinSports 11m11 minutes ago

More

Multiple sources have now confirmed to me leading NZ driver Blair Orange has been arrested, charges with race fixing or similar and released on bail. He won last season’s premiership. Police press conference in 5 minutes.

What a load of bullshit he would be one of the cleanest guys I know. 

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

chances are you are on the money but your character reference will hold little weight if this actually gets to trial

What are the chances of the RIU getting the wrong end of the stick "AGAIN" and going off half cocked without the evidence to back it up and hoping the police can find something for them?

End result lots of damaged reputations and nothing to show for it!

• Like 1