Bit Of A Yarn

30 HOURS TO THE BIGGEST COCK UP BY TAB

59 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

True indeed, TAB just dont get it. Its just the basic common sense things that annoy punters the most, not even mentioning the big mistakes. 

I was reading the “Sharks” super rugby preview on the blues and in the first line it says the blues finished 5th in the Australian conference in 2018. It’s a bit hard to take the information in an article serious when they don’t even know what country the team is from and such a glaring error doesn’t get picked up in editing before posting. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Hey TAB, 

Another thing you tossers need to change. Took several bets on tab app this morning before going to beach with kids. Thought i might watch first race on app, ooops balance nill, sorry cant watch???

Yet, someone can have 10c in their account, not had bet since melbourne cup, yet they can watch???

FFS, get your shit sorted.

Surely with 50 million spent they could of fixed that and put something in place that allows streaming until after your last bet runs. Its like being in a retail store and give the operator you last fiver and he then turns all the TVs off before race runs. I agree biggest bunch of BS ever, in any other form of entertainment this would not happen at all. It be like using your last $40 on a hurricanes ticket and be handed a blindfold to wear while you sit in the caketin.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Hey TAB, 

Another thing you tossers need to change. Took several bets on tab app this morning before going to beach with kids. Thought i might watch first race on app, ooops balance nill, sorry cant watch???

Yet, someone can have 10c in their account, not had bet since melbourne cup, yet they can watch???

FFS, get your shit sorted.

Yep, had 20c in mine for yonks to watch. Probably since about the 2014 Melbourne Cup :)

Edited by curious
  • Like 4

I've been caught out by this. I had $300 worth of trebles all live but a nil balance so was prevented from watching my "investments". Incredibly short sighted by the decision makers at the NZ TAB. More likely they didn't think of it at all and don't care. Even if they did care, they wouldn't know how to fix this small but significant issue. Last week, I had a balance of 3 cents but no live bets at all. I was able to watch races to my hearts content. This needs to be addressed. The anomaly fits in perfectly with the TAB's mantra expressed via Trackside. "We have your money, now you can fuck yourself" 

Another issue I find perplexing is the complete lack of bet amount limit you can set. The new site makes it easier than ever to put on a $100 trifecta for example in error when you only wanted a $1 trifecta. On the old site, you could set a limit so you'd get an alert prior to making the final click if the intended bet exceeded your previously nominated limit amount. That no longer exists. Ridiculous. The new site is about ten seconds behind the live action which encourages punters to rush their bet if wagering late. The only limit you can have input into is the size of the deposits into your account. If you need to set limits in that area, you should find another hobby. It's nothing more than a perfunctory PC setting. 

The countdown clock to next race to go is utterly useless and totally unreliable. You're being told often there is 4 minutes to go for example until the next race and then ten seconds later, the race starts. I've spoken to the TAB about this significant issue. They are aware of it, frustrated by it, but have no idea how to fix the issue and no real plan to fix it.

I've had numerous issues with bet slips on the new site. Boxes I've ticked not being highlighted is not rare.

There are improvements with the new site but a shitload of serious issues. It's been poorly thought out and the way these issues have been managed / addressed by the TAB is woeful. Heads should roll but won't. There is an arrogance from the TAB toward their customer base that is alarming. The ignorance and arrogance starts on at the top with John Allen best known for pissing down your back and then trying to tell you it's raining.

His ethos is :

"and they lived happily ever after".

Fantastic. Give this monkey another toffee pop and a pay rise. 

• Like 3

Guest CrossCodes

I emailed the TAB enquiring about why they don’t tell you whether it is a 2 or 3 div paying race or not, this was the response.

Apologies for the back and forth.
This is an issue several customers have raised and it is with the internet content team to see if this functionality can be added in the next release.
The reason it is not there is because the design team didn't think it was a necessity and so it was not considered during the initial building of the website.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

15 hours ago, Tonkatime! said:

I was reading the “Sharks” super rugby preview on the blues and in the first line it says the blues finished 5th in the Australian conference in 2018. It’s a bit hard to take the information in an article serious when they don’t even know what country the team is from and such a glaring error doesn’t get picked up in editing before posting. 

editing before posting?? hush yaw mouth, Tonka! We cant have basic operational competence in the TAB..it's create a dangerous precedent and customers might flock to the site on account of its quality content, credibility and attention to detail !!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

I emailed the TAB enquiring about why they don’t tell you whether it is a 2 or 3 div paying race or not, this was the response.

Apologies for the back and forth.
This is an issue several customers have raised and it is with the internet content team to see if this functionality can be added in the next release.
The reason it is not there is because the design team didn't think it was a necessity and so it was not considered during the initial building of the website.

We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing.

That’s an astounding thing to revel. Really shows how little they know about wagering and what there customers want. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, JasonMc said:

Surely with 50 million spent they could of fixed that and put something in place that allows streaming until after your last bet runs. Its like being in a retail store and give the operator you last fiver and he then turns all the TVs off before race runs. I agree biggest bunch of BS ever, in any other form of entertainment this would not happen at all. It be like using your last $40 on a hurricanes ticket and be handed a blindfold to wear while you sit in the caketin.

It be like using your last $40 on a hurricanes ticket and be handed a blindfold to wear while you sit in the caketin.

A) no one would put their last $40 on a Hurricanes ticket

B) anyone who did should have their blindfold removed and be forced to watch.

Just kidding, mate!! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Weasel said:

It be like using your last $40 on a hurricanes ticket and be handed a blindfold to wear while you sit in the caketin.

A) no one would put their last $40 on a Hurricanes ticket

B) anyone who did should have their blindfold removed and be forced to watch.

Just kidding, mate!! 

Not the way to speak about the 2019 champs?

The site still does my head in but I am happy to see a SCRATCHINGS tab. It even has the added bonus of listing the Fixed Odds option numbers next to the scratched runners. Could be handy if you are in-store or on-course filling out a bet slip away from the sheets on the wall

Guest CrossCodes

Seems we have gone back 5 years when the divs that come up on screen after they cross the line don’t match that they actually pay out, fucks  sake they are incompetent pricks.

Guest CrossCodes
On 11/02/2019 at 9:19 AM, Tonkatime! said:

That’s an astounding thing to revel. Really shows how little they know about wagering and what there customers want. 

I even rang the help desk today to ask before placing a bet whether they were paying 2 or 3 divs, there were 7 dogs in the field but as the website does not state whether there are any late scratchings or not you have no way of telling.

The gentleman said he had no idea and he had no way of even finding out for me, what a pack of useless morons.

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

I even rang the help desk today to ask before placing a bet whether they were paying 2 or 3 divs, there were 7 dogs in the field but as the website does not state whether there are any late scratchings or not you have no way of telling.

The gentleman said he had no idea and he had no way of even finding out for me, what a pack of useless morons.

I don't know what you are complaining about. This is a sports betting web why should they bother about tote dividends for horse racing although some of the fields from Aquaduct look a bit thin. Maybe they'll rethink.

Guest CrossCodes

So not only does the TAB crapsite not provide any ‘basic’ form when you click on the extended from link you get this crap from a totally different code, I’m totally over this crapsite.

76977DF9-35BB-47BD-A54F-6669BFB7EB78.png

E41C9CF1-AF1F-49E9-B135-8209D0C66E27.png

There's still multiple functionality problems when trying to get a bet on., the betslip still throws up error messages and you've no way of knowing wether your bet has made it successfully as it shows a complicated function to go through and even if you try and do the steps it suggests, it just ties itself up into disfunctionality.

...There is just too many disfunctions to be able to mention..it is a fuckin' disaster., John Allen you have Nil credability and your team, the same.

• Like 9
  • Champ Post 1

On 11/02/2019 at 8:08 AM, Joe Kidd said:

Another issue I find perplexing is the complete lack of bet amount limit you can set. The new site makes it easier than ever to put on a $100 trifecta for example in error when you only wanted a $1 trifecta. On the old site, you could set a limit so you'd get an alert prior to making the final click if the intended bet exceeded your previously nominated limit amount. That no longer exists. Ridiculous.

I may be wrong but from memory the problem of putting on unwanted bets like in $10 units instead just a $10 percentage caused a  response from Dept of Internal Affairs about a dozen years ago.  Also the consumer trading watchdog who are quite strict that no consumer should ever buy something they don't want.  AS a result the TAB put in the controls and alerts.

Therefore the TAB have now completely ignored and disrespected the Department.previous ruling.  Thats how rogue organisations behave.

• Champ Post 1

On 10/02/2019 at 5:29 PM, Tonkatime! said:

This whole "Shark" BS pisses me off - ie using the shark to (supposingly) pick everything gallops, trots, sports the whole lot.  Clearly not the same person.  Prefer to follow someone with at least a few known credentials even someone like Staf or not like Bev.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark D said:

This whole "Shark" BS pisses me off - ie using the shark to (supposingly) pick everything gallops, trots, sports the whole lot.  Clearly not the same person.  Prefer to follow someone with at least a few known credentials even someone like Staf or not like Bev.

Content of the website and structure are two different topics unless the structure has removed or altered the presentation of the content. If TAB see the complaints just about content they will crow "no complaints how we spent $50M. on structure"

38 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

I may be wrong but from memory the problem of putting on unwanted bets like in $10 units instead just a $10 percentage caused a  response from Dept of Internal Affairs about a dozen years ago.  Also the consumer trading watchdog who are quite strict that no consumer should ever buy something they don't want.  AS a result the TAB put in the controls and alerts.

Therefore the TAB have now completely ignored and disrespected the Department.previous ruling.  Thats how rogue organisations behave.

I had a large bet yesterday on the blues v crusaders score....I backed what I thought was under 44 points at 1.86 ....I looked at the bet that went through and it had changed to under 49 points, there is no warning it just changes as you put your bet on.....I have already stopped using the tab for horse racing, so that's it for me for sports for the tab as well!! Sports and overseas racing laddies u.k and last month going to the tab outlet for NZ horse racing bets the website is a dog!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Centaur said:

Content of the website and structure are two different topics unless the structure has removed or altered the presentation of the content. If TAB see the complaints just about content they will crow "no complaints how we spent $50M. on structure"

Whatever