Bit Of A Yarn

Just got this pm on Racecafe

pete

From the Welcome All message, but private messaging is just that, and I would have thought not subject to even a court order

1. The Privacy of posters/members of this site is paramount.  At no stage will a person's personal details be passed to a third party.  If they are requested by an authority we will first contact the individual concerned and wait for a court order for a release of the information.  In our experience such requests are very very rare and only occur if an individual has overstepped the mark by a very long margin;

20 minutes ago, hesi said:

From the Welcome All message, but private messaging is just that, and I would have thought not subject to even a court order

1. The Privacy of posters/members of this site is paramount.  At no stage will a person's personal details be passed to a third party.  If they are requested by an authority we will first contact the individual concerned and wait for a court order for a release of the information.  In our experience such requests are very very rare and only occur if an individual has overstepped the mark by a very long margin;

Cheers Hesi. That talks about disclosure of identity. Not whether an administrator will trawl through members' PMs ... would be interested in what the Chief has to say about his site / position on this ...

I would have thought a private message is just that, but with P4P involved with site, anything goes I suppose. At least if it ends in court, he will know how to get there.

The thing that amazes me most?? Nothing about this on his site, not one person with a set of balls that says, THIS IS NOT RIGHT!! 

What about the others on PJs comp? Nothing has been said? It just goes to show how weak & scared some people are.

Shame on you all, you should be sticking up for your mates, especially on Anzac Day, show some fight. 

• Like 1

The other thing i suspect the Chief is awake to is undue influence of others.

Beware who you get into bed with (in a business sense). Initially it may appear they bring riches however all that glisters (glitters) is not gold - those riches may have conditions attached. A sting in their tail. Everyone has an agenda. Nek minute your site, your standards & your mana have been hijacked by a malevolent force.

I have a feeling the Chief will have learned from what has happened over the last couple of years and we will benefit from that knowledge.... J.

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I would have thought a private message is just that, but with P4P involved with site, anything goes I suppose. At least if it ends in court, he will know how to get there.

The thing that amazes me most?? Nothing about this on his site, not one person with a set of balls that says, THIS IS NOT RIGHT!! 

What about the others on PJs comp? Nothing has been said? It just goes to show how weak & scared some people are.

Shame on you all, you should be sticking up for your mates, especially on Anzac Day, show some fight. 

Weak and scared? Or just greedy? 

I don't think I have ever entered a competition on that site so that's not what motivates me but I can see from the traffic on those threads how popular they are. Perhaps everyone just wants to be a winner.

Also bear in mind I think there was some censorship going on if you posted something that they didn't want displayed so maybe some of the objections may not have been visible

There certainly was developing a atmosphere of fear of being derided,  exposed or chewed up and spat out (in a forumly sense!).  Maybe that quietened some people down.

You may find they simply vote with their feet and BOAY membership swells

16 minutes ago, jess said:

Cheers Hesi. That talks about disclosure of identity. Not whether an administrator will trawl through members' PMs ... would be interested in what the Chief has to say about his site / position on this ...

I can tell you with 100% certainty what his reply will be:)

11 minutes ago, hesi said:

Don't be too hard on people NM and Jess

Most just want to come onto these Racing chat sites for the enjoyment of racing and the enjoyment of people with a similar like

Not sure what you mean Hesi - what i was pointing out was that while a lot of people might not have liked what was going on they wanted to and enjoyed participating in the competitions.

Much as I enjoyed the chat and exchange of information so barring some self-imposed holidays I stuck around there  as well. Voicing my objections at various times  changed nothing on the site but I expressed my point of view.

I'm not being hard on anyone - it's good to have choices and now we have a choice of forums - which it appears will have some distinct differences in rules, style and membership . J.

Edited by jess
Typo
  • Like 2

I left that site. I was a strong contributor and had nearly as many likes as posts, so most approved of my input. Being a licensed person I had to choose my words carefully, now, having moved countries, I hope I can post sensible and interesting musings  that are not biased but direct and accurate. 

Before RC fell into the spiral I enjoyed the banter, enjoyed the discourse, and took onboard the many varied opines that flowed, now, I feel the growing number of posters on here will be of the same mindset as moi, so I look forward to a long and enjoyable membership of BOAY.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Not entirely true, several members involved with PJ's Comp' contacted RC management on my behalf and I have subsequently had my posting privileges reinstated.

Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Paul said:

Not entirely true, several members involved with PJ's Comp' contacted RC management on my behalf and I have subsequently had my posting privileges reinstated.

Steve. 

Interesting though that the big stick came out and clobbered you - and the administration only relented when pressured by others who were perhaps seen as more influential than you?

Even when things seem to have turned to go your way, I'm always wary of any regime which bullies the little people ... and listens to the big/loud people ... 

All the best, J

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Steve Paul said:

Steve. 

Fair enough Steve, 

I am just amazed that after the way you, and others were treated, you still want to post there? Your choice I know, but after the last couple of days on here, last place I want to be is that site. 

Glad your happy thou, 

• Like 2

Well just received a back down and apparently allowed to enter comps again.

Wild horses would not drag me back there. I've arranged to email pj my picks for the rest of his comp because I didn't want to let anyone down but that's it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Fair enough Steve, 

I am just amazed that after the way you, and others were treated, you still want to post there? Your choice I know, but after the last couple of days on here, last place I want to be is that site. 

Glad your happy thou, 

Do hope I didn't detect a hint of sarcasm there?

I enjoy PJ's comps' and by being able to post myself makes it a little less hassle.

Steve.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Obviously Scooby checks all personal mail, I have just logged in to race cafe and my p.m box has been totally removed and I have even more restrictions! What a totally unprofessional wanker he is....he is must going through everyone's mail one by one...a total mockery indeed, he appears to be drowning in his own shit!

... and possibly having a look here as well to determine who the defectors are ... ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Obviously Scooby checks all personal mail, I have just logged in to race cafe and my p.m box has been totally removed and I have even more restrictions! What a totally unprofessional wanker he is....he is must going through everyone's mail one by one...a total mockery indeed, he appears to be drowning in his own shit!

My PM box gone also

I hope he is not accessing private messages, some very serious Privacy Act considerations.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve Paul said:

Do hope I didn't detect a hint of sarcasm there?

I enjoy PJ's comps' and by being able to post myself makes it a little less hassle.

Steve.

Steve, 

No mate, I wasn’t being sarcastic, glad it’s all sorted for you. 

My point was, that if I had been in that comp & received that email, I wouldn’t be as understanding as you. 

Cheers

• Like 1