Bit Of A Yarn

Just got this pm on Racecafe

pete

You might be right TC but would you please point me to where in the Act that provision applies to free competitions for prizes of alcohol. The only thing I see in it is the following:

237 Irresponsible promotion of alcohol
(1) A person commits an offence if, in the course of carrying on a business, that person—
(e) offers (otherwise than by means of an offer made only on licensed premises, and made only in relation to the buying of alcohol on those premises) any goods or services, or the opportunity to obtain any goods or services, or the opportunity to win a prize, on the condition that alcohol is bought;

And that clearly only applies where the prize is linked to purchase.

Guest CrossCodes

Great new site. I got banned a while back, after being moderated for ages after asking Scooby why he had his head up Te Akau's  ass so much....lol.

He really was a sad little man but great to see we have a decent person running this site.

Lets hope it really takes off and raceCafe becomes but a distant memory!

5 hours ago, curious said:

You might be right TC but would you please point me to where in the Act that provision applies to free competitions for prizes of alcohol. The only thing I see in it is the following:

237 Irresponsible promotion of alcohol
(1) A person commits an offence if, in the course of carrying on a business, that person—
(e) offers (otherwise than by means of an offer made only on licensed premises, and made only in relation to the buying of alcohol on those premises) any goods or services, or the opportunity to obtain any goods or services, or the opportunity to win a prize, on the condition that alcohol is bought;

And that clearly only applies where the prize is linked to purchase.

You are barking up the wrong tree. Just accept what Bell Gully have said.

Think of it this way. The prize is an entitlement or voucher which requires the purchase of alcohol from only one premise. The prize can't be used at Countdown for groceries for example.

Let Bell Gully do their job. Stick to your daytime job.

• Haha 1

On 26/04/2018 at 6:12 PM, The Centaur said:

ILLEGAL COMPETITIONS

Not only does RC arrogantly ignore the Harmful Digital Act but is running illegal competitions.

The Sale of Liquor Act specifies that prize competitions cannot have alcohol products as the prize. Ignorant publicans like Leo Molloy  running them should not be in the hospitality business.

Where for instance betting vouchers are given as prizes for a horse picking comp that can be classed as encouraging gambling and certain restrictions apply like getting approval from Racing Board.

However anyone pointing this out to RC will be retaliated against like having  posts done as a favour deleted.

He gets special treatment. Even the comp on the other site he gets to post after comp closes? 

Some rules for some, some rules for others. Dodgy, 

Guest Whyisit
On 26/04/2018 at 11:53 PM, hesi said:

Last comp was a win your weight in beer or 6 bottles of some flash champers that I can't recall the name of

Good point that The Centaur has made though

thats true but the catch was you had to drink it on the premises

I got banned after 2000 plus posts. Had been a member since 2007. I had the temerity to respond to a post advertising another chat website for the dogs which had been formed because Scooby was moderating the Greyhound site out of existence. All I said was that it was good to see another site where dog chat could be had. I then get an email from Scooby telling me that if its so good, you can piss off, and he finished by saying, you are nothing but an asshole, his words. So I am very happy to see this new website. Thankyou Administration.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

I got banned after 2000 plus posts. Had been a member since 2007. I had the temerity to respond to a post advertising another chat website for the dogs which had been formed because Scooby was moderating the Greyhound site out of existence. All I said was that it was good to see another site where dog chat could be had. I then get an email from Scooby telling me that if its so good, you can piss off, and he finished by saying, you are nothing but an asshole, his words. So I am very happy to see this new website. Thankyou Administration.

Nice to see you aqua, you always had a lot of good points to make and offer on the other site...he certainly cut off his nose to spite his face!

• Like 1

This really annoys me, one of the reasons I used to clash with a certain poster. Poor Roger James, he is a bloody gentleman, yet here he is, getting bashed again. Yet, he can post this crap??? How the hell does he get away with it.? At least Ohokaman gave him a slap. 

Roger, come on over here, I have always appreciated your thoughts, and you have trained some great horses. All the best, 

A20635C4-5414-4129-9511-3096E42C2F7C.jpeg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Nice to see you aqua, you always had a lot of good points to make and offer on the other site...he certainly cut off his nose to spite his face!

Thanks Flags, good to see so many familiar names over here, this will be the death of .......

• Like 1

Gee, Beavis & Butthead are really pissed with you Chief! 

Here they are trying to convince themselves that they have traffic? Remind me of those 2 old guys in the muppets that sit in the balcony! 

Just remember, you both posted this about an hour ago, no comments, likes etc? Only traffic you have is on the motorway. 

F95233C2-FD6D-4109-9178-D994091756B4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably best for people just to focus on this site(I know the temptation is hard to resist:))

People have joined this site for the many new and refreshing features and vibe it has, with many more being worked on as we speak. 

Remember, this site can't present itself as the premier chat site in NZ Racing, if it is tainted with a toxic vibe

This site is only just over 3 weeks old and has exceeded expectations by a big margin to date, for which we thank all those that have taken the time to join and contribute.

Each week we will gain a little bit more with your help

• Like 6

20 hours ago, aquaman said:

Hi John hope all is well I think you will find this website much better 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Here they are trying to convince themselves that they have traffic? Remind me of those 2 old guys in the muppets that sit in the balcony! 

Just remember, you both posted this about an hour ago, no comments, likes etc? Only traffic you have is on the motorway. 

Didn't realize one could own a website format

19 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Why's Scoobys name in red?

It's like he's mad or something.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

Didn't realize one could own a website format

You are not entirely right. If you look at the bottom of the page Invision have licensed copyright to bitofayarn just as they have to racecafe.

AS well  copyright is in the internal data like membership lists etc. However there is nothing stopping one using the same username or public information.

Its a bit of a waste duplicating anything on the web but the circumstances most will agree made it untenable.

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

You are not entirely right. If you look at the bottom of the page Invision have licensed copyright to bitofayarn just as they have to racecafe.

AS well  copyright is in the internal data like membership lists etc. However there is nothing stopping one using the same username or public information.

Its a bit of a waste duplicating anything on the web but the circumstances most will agree made it untenable.

Partly right - Bitofayarn has a license to use InvisionPower software.  As does anyone else who pays the license fees.  Therefore BOAY has not "stolen" anything from RaceCafe even if it looks similar.  

Invision has no copyright ownership over Bitofayarn.com other than the software running the site.

So I'm looking forward to meeting "the suit knocking on my door".....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4