Bit Of A Yarn

Just got this pm on Racecafe

pete

4 minutes ago, Mk2_Zephyr said:

If he sent you a message with his name, logo and phone, address on it, then he hasn't got a leg to stand on in that regard.

Unless you use that information to abuse or degrade him !

As Hesi says, best just to keep a lid on it and leave it up to him to roast himself.  :) 

im no lawyer but thought the same

Jason, I wouldn’t worry too much. 

When I left that site a couple of years ago after so much abuse from P4P &  Scoobs I contacted a lawyer. He stated if I wanted to, I could make their life very hard. He did give me this advice, take photos of every message or email you receive from them. 

Which I did, some are very threatening & disgusting. I told other members to do the same, a few have contacted me  recently wondering if now is the time to release some. I have told them to hold off for now, as I do not want to start a war of words, that was the reason I left in the first place. 

But, Scoobs I think you may want to send Jas an apology, I don’t know him, but I’ve never heard him say anything bad about anybody. 

Do that, and I reckon messages will be kept safe, but if your gonna try and make yourself look like the good guy, you got no chance. 

As for Karma mate, you are right, you are getting it back bigtime. 

Edited by Newmarket
Wrong wording
  • Like 1

I have been a member of RC since 2001 and have seen a few changes in that time.For the first 15 or so years I would say I probably spent 7/8 hours a week reading every post on RC but lately have found that it has become a tad argumentative,as if only a few are allowed opinions and everybody else is wrong,

I actually paid a yearly membership fee for first couple of years and a decade or so ago ran a few cup week comp and other comps that I and others donated prizemoney for.Not that it matters to my way of thinking but just showing what an influence that RC has had in my life.

It disappoints me that it has got to the stage of discontentment of many members,both new and long term.

I hope that both sites survive long term as the more options to voice opinions the better it must be for the industry.

• Like 5

Well said Richie....time to move on. Maybe RC boss is shocked to see so many up and go so quickly? But at the same time, the way he has reacted, is pretty poor.

Good start to this site, ive seen no swearing, no nasty stuff, and no one has been banned! Wahoo.....that must be a record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ILLEGAL COMPETITIONS

Not only does RC arrogantly ignore the Harmful Digital Act but is running illegal competitions.

The Sale of Liquor Act specifies that prize competitions cannot have alcohol products as the prize. Ignorant publicans like Leo Molloy  running them should not be in the hospitality business.

Where for instance betting vouchers are given as prizes for a horse picking comp that can be classed as encouraging gambling and certain restrictions apply like getting approval from Racing Board.

However anyone pointing this out to RC will be retaliated against like having  posts done as a favour deleted.

Edited by The Centaur

1 hour ago, Kakama said:

Well said Richie....time to move on. Maybe RC boss is shocked to see so many up and go so quickly? But at the same time, the way he has reacted, is pretty poor.

Good start to this site, ive seen no swearing, no nasty stuff, and no one has been banned! Wahoo.....that must be a record.

It just shows how ingrained the idea that people should be banned has become with us all.

No one is going to get banned on this site

Read the welcome message, at worst, posts will get deleted if they breach a law, denigrate a posters family or contain blatant advertising

• Like 1

Without wanting to dwell unduly on the past and "other channels"' - can I just say - it wasn't just who got banned that was an issue - but who wasn't banned and bloody well should've been!!!  

And then it might have ended up a more pleasant and equitable place to hang out ....

Have a good night all ... J. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Centaur said:

ILLEGAL COMPETITIONS

The Sale of Liquor Act specifies that prize competitions cannot have alcohol products as the prize. Ignorant publicans like Molly  running them should not be in the hospitality business.

Except he has never paid anybody with alcohol as prizes, that I can ever recall.  :) 

1 hour ago, Mk2_Zephyr said:

Except he has never paid anybody with alcohol as prizes, that I can ever recall.  :) 

Last comp was a win your weight in beer or 6 bottles of some flash champers that I can't recall the name of

Good point that The Centaur has made though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Centaur said:

ILLEGAL COMPETITIONS

Not only does RC arrogantly ignore the Harmful Digital Act but is running illegal competitions.

The Sale of Liquor Act specifies that prize competitions cannot have alcohol products as the prize. Ignorant publicans like Leo Molloy  running them should not be in the hospitality business.

You might want to check your facts there TC. I think you'll find it is the Gambling Act that you are referring to. The Gambling Act 2003 prohibits alcohol being given away as a prize in competitions where entrants have to pay or purchase a product to enter and if the outcome of the competition depends on luck.

On that basis, there is nothing illegal about the RC comps is there? Maybe I have missed something?

11 hours ago, curious said:

You might want to check your facts there TC. I think you'll find it is the Gambling Act that you are referring to. The Gambling Act 2003 prohibits alcohol being given away as a prize in competitions where entrants have to pay or purchase a product to enter and if the outcome of the competition depends on luck.

On that basis, there is nothing illegal about the RC comps is there? Maybe I have missed something?

Perhaps YOU should apply to Bell Gully for a job if you know better than them.

Bell Gully Opinion

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 now means that there are additional restrictions that must be taken into account when advertising a competition where the prize involves alcohol, regardless of the entry requirements. If a business runs a competition where alcohol forms part of the prize, the promotion may not be advertised anywhere people could see or hear it outside of licensed premises. This will include promotions where people subscribe to a newsletter to go into the draw to win a prize, where the competition is a game of skill, and any ‘lucky dip’ competitions.

As well as restricting the ability to advertise competitions that include alcohol as a prize, the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 prohibits the advertising of promotions where the purchase of alcohol is required in order to enter, or where a certain amount of alcohol is required to be eligible for a reward.

‘Seen or heard’ from outside licensed premises will include advertising that is conducted via email, print, broadcast, or social media, including Facebook.

1 hour ago, The Centaur said:

Perhaps YOU should apply to Bell Gully for a job if you know better than them.

Bell Gully Opinion

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 now means that there are additional restrictions that must be taken into account when advertising a competition where the prize involves alcohol, regardless of the entry requirements. If a business runs a competition where alcohol forms part of the prize, the promotion may not be advertised anywhere people could see or hear it outside of licensed premises. This will include promotions where people subscribe to a newsletter to go into the draw to win a prize, where the competition is a game of skill, and any ‘lucky dip’ competitions.

As well as restricting the ability to advertise competitions that include alcohol as a prize, the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 prohibits the advertising of promotions where the purchase of alcohol is required in order to enter, or where a certain amount of alcohol is required to be eligible for a reward.

‘Seen or heard’ from outside licensed premises will include advertising that is conducted via email, print, broadcast, or social media, including Facebook.

Thanks TC. Yes, I read that opinion but don't see anything in the The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 where that applies otherwise than when the prize is offered on the condition that alcohol is bought. It's a lengthy piece of legislation and I'm not a lawyer and although familiar with Gambling Act not so with the above and I may have missed it. Perhaps you or someone here would be kind enough to point me to where in the Act it says it applies to competitions where no purchase is required for entry?

Edited by curious

57 minutes ago, curious said:

Thanks TC. Yes, I read that opinion but don't see anything in the The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 where that applies otherwise than when the prize is offered on the condition that alcohol is bought. It's a lengthy piece of legislation and I'm not a lawyer and although familiar with Gambling Act not so with the above and I may have missed it. Perhaps you or someone here would be kind enough to point me to where in the Act it says it applies to competitions where no purchase is required for entry?

Fairly straight forward. Its the advertising that is illegal. If its done outside the bar its illegal and makes no difference if there is an entry fee or not. The Gambling Act is concerned about the staking aspect where the Liquor Act is more concerned about the promotion of liquor which under a free competition is more harmful say to minors.