Bit Of A Yarn

Just got this pm on Racecafe

pete

11 hours ago, Bigjay said:

Must be worried as made a comment when people had issues signing up "maybe admin does not want us getting new members"

2Admin2(Chief Stipe), pretty much ran RC for 7 years.  Because he is in the business of IT, technical glitches were kept to a minimum, and resolved quickly, in fact regular updates, improving the site were made.

Now that RC does not have him, or a professional IT person, the ability to do that is reduced, hence the problems you see.

Scooby runs it all now, and good luck to him, but by his own admission is on L plates:)

It's been said on here before, but as an IT professional, 2Admin2(Chief Stipe), is bound by a code of ethics, not to do anything that would deliberately cause technical harm to RC, even though he is being accused of such

The best thing is, Chiefs knowledge of IT! 

He will know when all of a sudden a flood of posters pop up in support of RC, on the same IP. What’s happened to P4P? Usually this would be a red rag to a bull for him? Mind you, he only ever engaged in a battle that he could control. So maybe now he knows he is out numbered here, and his pack of cards have meekly folded. Good on ya mate, for once you have made the right decision. Luckily you still have scoobs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hesi said:

It's been said on here before, but as an IT professional, 2Admin2(Chief Stipe), is bound by a code of ethics, not to do anything that would deliberately cause technical harm to RC, even though he is being accused of such

Utter nonsense, there is no such code.  

He is under no obligation at all, but any deliberate sabotage he takes would be open to action.  

Just being technical ... :) 

look at the email I go this morning

Subject: wow

Jason,

very disappointing you left cafe... seems you have a very short memory and are not a loyal person after I sent you extra money for you and your family to enjoy at Christmas...very disappointing...but your choice to do that.

I guess you live and you learn in life, but I thought you were a decent person...guess I was wrong.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

and the follow up hoping Karma bites me in the bum( feel like I am back at high school!!!)

Short memories...karma has a way of getting even though...good luck.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

GM Scientific International Pte. Ltd.

uc?export=download&id=0ByxWnlH-l1zqNjZ0d1VGTm01amc&revid=0ByxWnlH-l1zqZUNDSzhtQ2tKV2prL2lISkx0UzlreHM4aW5jPQ

Mobile:+86 135 0111 4828     
http://www.gmscientific.com

and my reply 

Hi Leigh

At any stage have I come across as ungrateful for the extra money given? I was not aware that money came with a disclaimer that 18 months on (as that was 2016) that I must remain with Racecafe or did I miss that fine print?

With your latest IT issue and also one of our members being banned without knowledge or reason, the club members had no choice but to look at a Plan B. This coupled with Racecafe’s threat that it was either Racecafe or leave completely (I have seen the email which I think was quite rude on your part)

And then been called not decent by you makes it appear we did make the right decision.

Good luck with your site but appears the alternative is striving looking at all the new sign ups over the last 48 hours

Jason

Edited by Bigjay
  • Like 1

and the emails continue now threatening legal action. He must be looking at BOAY?

Wow so you are a liar too...Post this too if you want to...please show the reply you sent as it was never received by me...many thanks... and yes I was totally right about you.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

And I have sent my reply to my lawyers as well as your reply and I would strongly request you remove my personal details from the post to avoid me taking legal action against you to have my details removed...thanks.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

Good luck my legal team shall be in touch... 

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

• Like 1

Maybe he needs to use his company's product to stem the bleeding from RC.

SureStop Hemostatic Dressing

Surestop is a sterile soluble hemostatic dressing made of oxidised regenerated cellulose derived from Plants.  It is an effective and  inovative soft white knitted fabric that is widely used in first aid and surgery hemostatis.

• Haha 2

Your choice but if you do not remove my personal phone and website details...then I am going to defend my position legally...thanks.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

Too late... my team will be in touch...cheers...enjoy the site while you can.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie

My opinion differs...and I have a super IT team engaged now as well as a super legal team too..Have a happy day.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie

Enjoy it while it lasts LOL.

Best Regards 

Leigh McKenzie
CEO / Director

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 10:33 AM, McCook Family 

Will definitely have a happy day on BOAY ?

The guy has delusions of grandeur. Gotta love this gem from www.infonews.co.nz 3 years ago:

Race Cafe To Take On Trade Me

Friday 2 January 2015, 5:51PM
By Media PA 

New Zealand's popular one-stop horse and greyhound racing portal web site, Race Cafe, is poised to compete for the equine industry's classifieds advertising and trading dollars this year.

Leigh McKenzie, a former jockey, announced plans today for Race Cafe, which attracts upwards of 80,000 views per month, to compete with the likes of Trade Me   in the digital space this year.

"At present there is no dedicated web site in New Zealand for all things equine when it comes to buying and selling horses or associated products," he said.

Race Cafe caters for gallops, harness racing, greyhound racing and the equestrian sector. The site at present has over 9,000 members, and 80,000 visits per month with visitors staying around 6 minutes a visit. It also has a database of several thousand to market to and through social media advertising can reach more than five million people.

"With its already large on-line community of horse enthusiasts share Race Cafe provides a very good platform for advertisers to advertise to a truly global audience," McKenzie said.

Changes to  Race Cafe have already included a much improved and inter-active design, look and feel for the site as well as the addition of significantly more high quality content about all things equine It will also use digital media at a much higher level than before with Facebook, YouTube and Twitter an increasing component.

"Our forums will still play a major part in the site but now with the human-interest and quality stories there will be more topics for our avid followers to share their thoughts on," says  McKenzie.

"We hope to have far greater participation from a much wider sector of all the racing communities including trainers, owners, breeders, administrators and key industry figures, which will give them all a chance to have their say and for us to be able to have our say and put our ideas to them in a constructive non combative way," McKenzie said.

Race Cafe will feature the ultimate A to Z business directory which will become a who's who of businesses wishing to connect with the equine industry.

"There are many businesses who cannot find a way of connecting with the horse industry but this will provide the platform for this to occur and bring sales to them," he said.

McKenzie confirmed that the new site's editor will be five-times New Zealand Racing Journalist Of The Year Phillip Quay, who is currently the racing correspondent for Television New Zealand. In recent times Quay's business, MediaPA, has been a major player in the field of on line social media/content marketing for global companies.

Quay has a large number of contacts within the racing industry and business sector and plans to connect these on Race Cafe which will create all sorts of new opportunities. He has become a national speaker on social media which will also be a major part of taking the site global on a higher level.

"We will be building up social media and interaction with people as well and will be a major on line force for the entire racing industry in this regards," McKenzie said.

McKenzie  recognised the support everyone had given Race Cafe over the years and was sure they will like the new look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Just shows you what sort of bloke he really is Jason, good for you for standing your ground.... 

Cheers

Des

this is not the first time he has thrown his donation back in my face as i said this was Xmas 2016 and still trying to hung it over my head now. I am not ungrateful as the money came in handy at such a trying time (sick children, no wages etc) but to call me a liar, not a good person etc does nothing for my self esteem 

• Like 2

This is great, I love guys that threaten legal action at every turn as in my experience this just reflects how amateur they really are. He doesnt have a legal leg to stand on with any of this, especially given how he has sprayed details everywhere. 

I love the CEO title, CEO of the Hibiscus Coast Highway bus stop.... 

• Haha 2

my wife shares an email address with me and she got some of the emails before it came through to me and she was disgusted with the personal attacks at me. She told me if that extra money had strings attached she wish I had of said no as we dont need that crap in our lives. Her having to read some of the emails actually sadden me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hesi said:

Have ur fun within reason, but please remember we don't want this site to become septic and toxic like RC had become

I am excited about this new site it has such a positive and upbeat vibe but the idle threat of "enjoy while you can" does nothing for me

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bigjay said:

this is not the first time he has thrown his donation back in my face as i said this was Xmas 2016 and still trying to hung it over my head now. I am not ungrateful as the money came in handy at such a trying time (sick children, no wages etc) but to call me a liar, not a good person etc does nothing for my self esteem 

As the Beatles song goes "money can't buy me love" 

The more he keeps threatening people the worse it makes him look.

If he sent you a message with his name, logo and phone, address on it, then he hasn't got a leg to stand on in that regard.

Unless you use that information to abuse or degrade him !

As Hesi says, best just to keep a lid on it and leave it up to him to roast himself.  :) 

• Like 2