Bit Of A Yarn

Just got this pm on Racecafe

pete

1 hour ago, Steve Paul said:

Your Lucky (or perhaps not!) I cannot even post, absolutely no idea why.

If it is because I registered here I find that unbelievably petty and ultimately detrimental to RC, which I must say I have enjoyed for many years, never been a prolific poster but love PJ's Super Comp' and Jason's Punters Club.

the comps are definitely awesome

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Strange thing about it all, I couldn’t even remember post that I was supposed to have liked, he didn’t know either!! Maybe it was because he did his deleting posts trick ?

does he drink late at night

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Imagine what it was like spending time every day for seven years keeping that site ticking over.

Then watching the way people were being treated and not able to do anything about it.  

The tipping point was when things got personal.

Just so everyone knows, I have no ownership or financial interest in BOAY, I'm just helping out, through my own initiative.

The last straw for me, was when P4P, put up a post inferring fists and 2Admin2's ex(all totally untrue, unsubstantiated filth), in relation to a thread about Fight for Life, 2Admin2 took it down for obvious reasons, but Scooby put it back up.

That was a despicable act.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brown fox said:

Feeling sorry for P.J.He doesn't need or deserve this.

IF Scooby's actions make it too difficult to run PJ's Super Comp on RC, then if Peter is willing, the comp can be moved to BOAY without too much difficulty(I think).

It is PJ's call and his alone, but he will certainly be supported here.

Even if it means a temporary hold of say a week to make sure everyone is up to speed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

Just so everyone knows, I have no ownership or financial interest in BOAY, I'm just helping out, through my own initiative.

The last straw for me, was when P4P, put up a post inferring fists and 2Admin2's ex(all totally untrue, unsubstantiated filth), in relation to a thread about Fight for Life, 2Admin2 took it down for obvious reasons, but Scooby put it back up.

That was a despicable act.

hesi  I really cant understand why you fell into molloys crap he just baits people have a look at when he barred that bloke with tattoos from his restaurant  but guess what I bet sonny boy would be welcome also he is currently having a go at messara delore etc didn't he have a failed business himself he just loves listen to his own voice  anyway onwards and upwards

3 minutes ago, wally said:

hesi  I really cant understand why you fell into molloys crap he just baits people have a look at when he barred that bloke with tattoos from his restaurant  but guess what I bet sonny boy would be welcome also he is currently having a go at messara delore etc didn't he have a failed business himself he just loves listen to his own voice  anyway onwards and upwards

The Fight for Life thread with respect to 2Admin2 overstepped the mark

Well, this site was humming along well till.....you guessed it, someone got pissed off that he has no control over here....wee angry small man again....sending messages to his members???? I've had plenty from the guy, got sick of them. The lengths he went to on another site, set up alias.....Abcde....abuse he did with his mate, who posted my Facebook details, not sure why, as most knew my name.

This guy has to stop....he bans people for doing far less than himself.

Those on his site really need to see what he is like, this whole thing has backfired badly for him.....stop being a little prick....just get over it....Chief has beat you....good on him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Anyway onwards and upwards.  

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Anyway onwards and upwards.  

yes positive attitude going forward, I would rather hear about CS's vision for this site then hear about " site that should not be named":D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Paul said:

Agree Bigay, as I said previously, I have/had been a member of RC for many years without issue until recent events. It is/was undoubtedly the Premier Racing chat site in NZ and it is a real shame it is where it currently is.

Lesson's to be learned for BOAY perhaps?

I think BOAY will be well aware of what works and what doesn't work :D I look forward to using this site frequently

6 hours ago, Bigjay said:

so is Racecafe my way or the highway? so no one can be a member of both?

Seems to be saying just that by the message posted at the start of this thread .... that is rather weird ... I don't know any other forum which places a demand on members/users that their membership must be exclusive to their site only!  

Actually the more I think of it, it's not rather weird - it's truly bizarre!  Who does that?

If a forum owner has a beef over intellectual property or whatever - there are well established processes to seek redress.  Turning on all your "customers" will neither achieve that aim or encourage them to stay - or attract new custom, I would've thought.

I hope with a bit of calm and time that he rethinks his approach ....   

(some people found RC could be heavy-handed at times when they particpated - maybe it's even worse if you look like you may leave!?) 

J.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jess said:

Seems to be saying just that by the message posted at the start of this thread .... that is rather weird ... I don't know any other forum which places a demand on members/users that their membership must be exclusive to their site only!  

Actually the more I think of it, it's not rather weird - it's truly bizarre!  Who does that?

If a forum owner has a beef over intellectual property or whatever - there are well established processes to seek redress.  Turning on all your "customers" will neither achieve that aim or encourage them to stay - or attract new custom, I would've thought.

I hope with a bit of calm and time that he rethinks his approach ....   

(some people found RC could be heavy-handed at times when they particpated - maybe it's even worse if you look like you may leave!?) 

J.

Got to the point where you need a list of what you can and can't say and who you can or can't agree with from the owner, not worth it if you not allowed be true to your own opinion.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Got to the point where you need a list of what you can and can't say and who you can or can't agree with from the owner, not worth it if you not allowed be true to your own opinion.

Yes Flag. What I thought was really regretful - and one of the reasons I took quite a long holiday from the site at one stage - was the inconsistency of the responses / sanctions.  Certain people would get away with vitriol bordering on criminal at times. Just horrible behavior.

While others - if they dared be (even respectfully) critical of certain favored people - would be slammed, shamed  or even banned.  I did return though as there were many good & knowledgable people and interesting chat.  But at times it was not only unpleasant but a very obviously uneven field with too much "playing favorites" IMO.

Each to their own though and maybe some people enjoy that stuff so great we all have choices.

Cheers, J  

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Cheers NM - & please don't think I'm walking out the door yelling abuse after me - I expressed my feelings at the time (as did others) - but on it went.  

So there were warning signs and opportunities for change - but change didn't come ....

14 hours ago, Steve Paul said:

Yes that does appear to be the case.

First line is concerning, I always understood a PM was just that, a Personal Message only able to be viewed by the people involved?

"Steve, they sent you a PM from Hesi and you joined their site."

This is indeed concerning

Everyone works under the fair assumption that messaging is private(thanks for that terminology CS)

If in fact there was a message from me to Steve, then the only people who would know about that, are me and Steve.

How secure is the password protected, private messaging system on RC?

39 minutes ago, hesi said:

"Steve, they sent you a PM from Hesi and you joined their site."

This is indeed concerning

Everyone works under the fair assumption that messaging is private(thanks for that terminology CS)

If in fact there was a message from me to Steve, then the only people who would know about that, are me and Steve.

How secure is the password protected, private messaging system on RC?

Good question. I suppose anything is possible online but my expectation is that PMs are private and would not be accessed by a third party (that includes a site admunistrator)  except in exceptional circumstances eg. Investigation of criminal offending. 

Chief - what can you tell.us about BOAY? Can u access our PMs? WILL you access our PMs? 

J.