Bit Of A Yarn

The Box Seat Last Night

Happy Sunrise

Guest CrossCodes
1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I wondered what had happened to all the harness posters.  They were asleep.

Everyone else just sick of Brodie and his ilk wanking on about Allstars.

3 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

no purdon horses racing mid week too bag lol

Who cares, we beat them, and shall again. Trotting Champs coming up then off to the Rowe Cup and then the Jewels. 

Joe was right, best horse since Monbet and co, only thing he got wrong was the name. Silly Joe. 

Geeze lifes good. 

Once all our Quaker Jet , Pegasus Spur and other Frenchys hit the track, Purdon will be running for the hills. 

Good to be positive eh Brods. Wink wink nudge nudge.;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Will give you that one Globe :) 

I'm stoked your boy won. It's a pity it took a superb drive and a diabolical drive to decide the result. That won't be happening again any time soon. 

ps. I labeled Monbet as the next big thing after it's second start. I sincerely believe Kings Landing will in time, be better than Monbet. My quote is "Kings Landing is the best trotter we've had since I Can Doosit"...I stand by that but may have to reconsider that if Enhance Your Calm stays sound. 

One thing for sure, we are in for some great trotting features over the next couple of seasons. Fingers crossed that at least some of the spoils are shared. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Kidd said:

I sincerely believe Kings Landing will in time,

Let me give you a tip sonny. You conveniently forget that our horse will in time do exactly the same . We know how good he will get as he is maturing all the time and his 5yr old season will be even more impressive, call it insider knowledge.

I dont share your enthusiasm for Kings landing unfortunately. If after a soft trip he couldn't get past our horse, considering you gave him the wrap of speed and bottomless stamina then a Monbet he aint. MM had not raced for 60 days.

I can see some interesting banter coming up. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Let me give you a tip sonny. You conveniently forget that our horse will in time do exactly the same . We know how good he will get as he is maturing all the time and his 5yr old season will be even more impressive, call it insider knowledge.

I dont share your enthusiasm for Kings landing unfortunately. If after a soft trip he couldn't get past our horse, considering you gave him the wrap of speed and bottomless stamina then a Monbet he aint. MM had not raced for 60 days.

I can see some interesting banter coming up. 

I forget nothing and have also not conveniently overlooked aspects to suit my perspective. I'm not surprised you have big raps on your boy. Very smart horse who will win plenty if he stays sound. It's the start of heavyweight boxing match. If you can't be optimistic at the start especially after winning the first round, why bother even putting your hand up? I am however surprised to read someone who's perspective I respected mock what I've stated and totally misread events on the track.

The other nancy boy Pollyanna claimed Kings Landing had every chance to beat MM. Now, you're repeating that same foolish mindset. In the immortal words of John McEnroe, "You can't be serious"

I know you will well remember the likes of Delft and David Monster Moss. Both horses could tear off quick sectionals but sprinting is not what both are remembered for, in fact if sprints were what mattered most, you probably wouldn't remember either. The race where your boy beat Kings Landing was justifiably very satisfying from your perspective but a no race in the eyes of many. MM was able to run the sectionals he wanted and turn it into a short sprint up the straight where Kings Landing would have to low fly over a short distance to finish ahead of your boy. That was in my not so humble opinion, the only way MM could beat KL at this stage. David Moss as great as he was would also never have been able to get past MM had it been him twiddling his thumbs in the trail like KL.  All of the big weapons were never used.

Had Kings Landing popped straight off the moment MM headed him and controlled the race from the top or the chair, MM would have had no hope of beating KL. I'm confident time will highlight my take is absolutely correct.

If I'm wrong, I will happily tip my hat to MM and stop making big calls on trotters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

I forget nothing and have also not conveniently overlooked aspects to suit my perspective. I'm not surprised you have big raps on your boy. Very smart horse who will win plenty if he stays sound. It's the start of heavyweight boxing match. If you can't be optimistic at the start especially after winning the first round, why bother even putting your hand up? I am however surprised to read someone who's perspective I respected mock what I've stated and totally misread events on the track.

The other nancy boy Pollyanna claimed Kings Landing had every chance to beat MM. Now, you're repeating that same foolish mindset. In the immortal words of John McEnroe, "You can't be serious"

I know you will well remember the likes of Delft and David Monster Moss. Both horses could tear off quick sectionals but sprinting is not what both are remembered for, in fact if sprints were what mattered most, you probably wouldn't remember either. The race where your boy beat Kings Landing was justifiably very satisfying from your perspective but a no race in the eyes of many. MM was able to run the sectionals he wanted and turn it into a short sprint up the straight where Kings Landing would have to low fly over a short distance to finish ahead of your boy. That was in my not so humble opinion, the only way MM could beat KL at this stage. David Moss as great as he was would also never have been able to get past MM had it been him twiddling his thumbs in the trail like KL.  All of the big weapons were never used.

Had Kings Landing popped straight off the moment MM headed him and controlled the race from the top or the chair, MM would have had no hope of beating KL. I'm confident time will highlight my take is absolutely correct.

If I'm wrong, I will happily tip my hat to MM and stop making big calls on trotters. 

You really are a wanker with all your know it all type posts and heres another one this time aimed at a real owner. JJ or as you like to refer to me, Pollyanna, was dead right about KL having every chance to beat MM , MG and GO agreed with my point on Box Seat but you somehow think your the resident expert at Trotters punting and latterly abusing other contributors who have a different view to yours.

Greg

57 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

You really are a wanker with all your know it all type posts and heres another one this time aimed at a real owner. JJ or as you like to refer to me, Pollyanna, was dead right about KL having every chance to beat MM , MG and GO agreed with my point on Box Seat but you somehow think your the resident expert at Trotters punting and latterly abusing other contributors who have a different view to yours.

Greg

Screenshot_20190315-113921.png

• Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Better than sleeping pills.

I think its just what they have on there has little appeal to the viewers.Same old same old.

All they ever do is go on and on about the big races,and because they are dominated by the same stables, in effect they are just going on and on about the same stable.

There is a detachment from 99% of participants and punters. Instead of being inclusive,they are exclusive,which is actually to the detriment of the top 1% in my opinion.

From a punters perspective its a waste of time as they provide nothing new to punters,that can't already be accessed in other media.

They avoid any controversial topics because they don"t want to upset anyones feelings,but by doing so are in effect avoiding obvious talking points which would attract viewers.

For example Mick g keeps referring to the auckland stakes,yet at no point that ive seen,has any reference been made to the trouble the atc are having with their projects. Why not. some in depth reporting there.

Where are the behind the scene stories, and not just of the top 1%.. Virtually non existent.

That's why your falling asleep happy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Greg,

You are the quintessential passive aggressive piss ant. We both know you'd never repeat your cowardly statement offline. 

As for "real owner". You're referring to Globe who is a very tiny part of an enormous syndicate. I wish him well as I'm certain he will be enjoying the ride but do me a favour with the real owner bullshit.

You are Pollyanna in every sense. Wouldn't be shocked to learn you dress similar and also wear a ponytail.

I couldn't possibly care less what Mick Guerin says and care even less about what utterly boring O'Connor says. If you need their fluff for credibility you're in deep trouble. Pouting Guerin lost any credibility he ever had years ago. O'Connor is just another Pollyanna who avoids anything remotely controversial in his quest to keep that show vanilla.

As for Kings Landing having every chance to beat MM. Are you really that ignorant and ever had a thought of your own? What I've said many times about KL that impresses me most is his staying ability. He can work harder than the rest and still out tough them. He's the perfect Rowe Cup / Dominion Handicap horse for the next four or five seasons. He's the most exciting trotter I've seen since I Can Doosit and the connection with that horse is not lost on me. Surely, even an ignoramus like you can work out that the very worst way to drive a magnificent stayer like Kings Landing is trailing the leader and then hoping you can outsprint that leader who already has the jump on you, has plenty of gas left in the tank and can run a very fast quarter. The race was lost / gifted away the moment Williams decided to leave all of Kings Landing's biggest and best weapons in a locked box and trail.  

That aside Greg, I'm a very generous man and will happily meet you and afford you the opportunity to repeat your personal abuse in person.  

Image result for pollyanna

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, the galah said:

I think its just what they have on there has little appeal to the viewers.Same old same old.

All they ever do is go on and on about the big races,and because they are dominated by the same stables, in effect they are just going on and on about the same stable.

There is a detachment from 99% of participants and punters. Instead of being inclusive,they are exclusive,which is actually to the detriment of the top 1% in my opinion.

From a punters perspective its a waste of time as they provide nothing new to punters,that can't already be accessed in other media.

They avoid any controversial topics because they don"t want to upset anyones feelings,but by doing so are in effect avoiding obvious talking points which would attract viewers.

For example Mick g keeps referring to the auckland stakes,yet at no point that ive seen,has any reference been made to the trouble the atc are having with their projects. Why not. some in depth reporting there.

Where are the behind the scene stories, and not just of the top 1%.. Virtually non existent.

That's why your falling asleep happy.

The Galah, totally agree 110% and not sure who gets much out of Apart from The AllStar worshippers!

There are some very good articles on it and always enjoy when they debate controversial items!

Personally can not see the point of reviewing the group races, or previewing the group races as it is always blue and silver star BS!

Personally don’t mind either of the presenters, but believe that for the show to be more popular, they need to revamp it to be more interesting for the average enthusiast!

Why don’t they bring in people from the industry to interview and have brief background stories more?

Preview races coming up that don’t include the AllStars because that is too boring when they are stinking hot favourites to be!

It is unfortunate that the group races are so dominated by the one stable, but it is a major turnoff, most of us all know that!

Nothing personal GO or MG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Kidd said:

Greg,

You are the quintessential passive aggressive piss ant. We both know you'd never repeat your cowardly statement offline. 

As for "real owner". You're referring to Globe who is a very tiny part of an enormous syndicate. I wish him well as I'm certain he will be enjoying the ride but do me a favour with the real owner bullshit.

You are Pollyanna in every sense. Wouldn't be shocked to learn you dress similar and also wear a ponytail.

I couldn't possibly care less what Mick Guerin says and care even less about what utterly boring O'Connor says. If you need their fluff for credibility you're in deep trouble. Pouting Guerin lost any credibility he ever had years ago. O'Connor is just another Pollyanna who avoids anything remotely controversial in his quest to keep that show vanilla.

As for Kings Landing having every chance to beat MM. Are you really that ignorant and ever had a thought of your own? What I've said many times about KL that impresses me most is his staying ability. He can work harder than the rest and still out tough them. He's the perfect Rowe Cup / Dominion Handicap horse for the next four or five seasons. He's the most exciting trotter I've seen since I Can Doosit and the connection with that horse is not lost on me. Surely, even an ignoramus like you can work out that the very worst way to drive a magnificent stayer like Kings Landing is trailing the leader and then hoping you can outsprint that leader who already has the jump on you, has plenty of gas left in the tank and can run a very fast quarter. The race was lost / gifted away the moment Williams decided to leave all of Kings Landing's biggest and best weapons in a locked box and trail.  

That aside Greg, I'm a very generous man and will happily meet you and afford you the opportunity to repeat your personal abuse in person.  

Image result for pollyanna

Oh your just so precious with the passive aggressive stuff but we agree on one thing your posts are aggressive and i wouldn't ever want to meet you. 

You can have your opinion on KL being a stayer etc and TW's drive but i and others who also follow the game think that it had every chance to beat MM but was not good enough on the day . In other words we shall agree to disagree on this matter.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash