Bit Of A Yarn

U may cullect

14 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Indeed.

Tis exciting and not the usual scripted 2 and 3-year-old superstar stuff that we get every single year that has become so mundane.

I haven't' been so excited since.....Happy Sunrise marched through the grades...?

brian saunders and ricky may

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

How long will we be waiting to ever get decent open class races like this again? Only the trotters doing the business nowadays. Happys last win!

Screenshot_20190427-193648.png

I really liked Rolls Hanover. 

I liked Sossy.

And had a soft spot for Frangelico being a girl among that lot.

It is crying shame the videos of these races are not available. I am tempted to go rummaging around and find the cassette videos that lurk in my house somewhere. They used to produce yearly reviews of Australasian racing if I remember right. I have one or two somewhere.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

How long will we be waiting to ever get decent open class races like this again? Only the trotters doing the business nowadays. Happys last win!

Screenshot_20190427-193648.png

The rating bands just don't seem to create the same rivalries like they used to. I miss a good C5 to C6 pace but that is my memory playing nostalgic tricks with me...now we have ex NZ Cup winners racing two win horses lol.....oh lordy

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The rating bands just don't seem to create the same rivalries like they used to. I miss a good C5 to C6 pace but that is my memory playing nostalgic tricks with me...now we have ex NZ Cup winners racing two win horses lol.....oh lordy

Yeah, I don't like how horses can have any amount of wins to race in O/C now, the ten win rule used to sort the wheat from the chaff!! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I really liked Rolls Hanover. 

I liked Sossy.

And had a soft spot for Frangelico being a girl among that lot.

It is crying shame the videos of these races are not available. I am tempted to go rummaging around and find the cassette videos that lurk in my house somewhere. They used to produce yearly reviews of Australasian racing if I remember right. I have one or two somewhere.

Master mood and Loveridge's 3+4yo years were stacked full of talent,......

• Like 2

I see happy sunwise was exported to US, did it do any good. 

Someone mentioned Loveridge, big fav of mine. Think it came last in its last few starts, but i think it was its last start, raced in a claimer, which were only just starting here. 

Went to Addington, back in the days i was paid each week in cash in a brown envelope, put majority on loveridge, came last. Was retired after that, sadly i remember the horse for my basic lunches for a week until payday. 

In fact, a few better performed horses raced in claimers earlier on, sadly they are just battlers now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Someone mentioned Loveridge, big fav of mine. Think it came last in its last few starts, but i think it was its last start, raced in a claimer, which were only just starting here. 

Went to Addington, back in the days i was paid each week in cash in a brown envelope, put majority on loveridge, came last. Was retired after that, sadly i remember the horse for my basic lunches for a week until payday. 

In fact, a few better performed horses raced in claimers earlier on, sadly they are just battlers now

Funny, I had a similar tale when I was 17 and put my hard earned on the former very good juvenile and one eyed pacer Scott Baker, he had won 15 races here and Australia and I'm pretty sure this was the first claimer run at Alex park ,  I was so confident he would win, pretty sure he led and was toast at the 200m.....the opposition was pretty mediocre as well. Underneath the claimer race (which says it's a c0 FFA)is Scott Bakers juvenile form.  Funny how these memories of backing some horses stick in your mind!

Screenshot_20190428-232057.png

Screenshot_20190428-232359.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Exported to Australia, 2nd to village kid 1987 miracle mile,. Won 18 of 56 races in Aus raced in Qld mainly, sadly towards the end was running down the track at the likes of Rocklea and Tweed heads where the total race stake money was around $1200 very sad....retired in 1994.

Screenshot_20190428-234442.png

Edited by Flagship uberalles

17 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Exported to Australia, 2nd to village kid 1987 miracle mile,. Won 18 of 56 races in Aus raced in Qld mainly, sadly towards the end was running down the track at the likes of Rocklea and Tweed heads where the total race stake money was around $1200 very sad....retired in 1994.

Screenshot_20190428-234442.png

He did ok then. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Another good win but when programming allows it is time to take on some better horses.

Pretty sure he will be,as i think he's heading to the paddock now.Then will be targetting a race over Cup Week.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Then will be targetting a race over Cup Week.

Will add a different and welcome flavour to the regular Cup week Blue and Silver main course served up most of the time.

OMG is that an anti All Stars remark...???

I must be deputising for the Brodster while he is colonising Australia.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Pretty sure he will be,as i think he's heading to the paddock now.Then will be targetting a race over Cup Week.

Regardless of the quality of those horses he ran againsted, 1.53.7 on yr ear with a slight tap to gap them at the top of the straight augers well for some interesting races to come. Beautiful to watch.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Regardless of the quality of those horses he ran againsted,

True, Globe. This horse is cool to watch.

But real sport is when you are in the ring with a contender and not cannon fodder. the true test is yet to come, and if, and when, he passes it, it will triple the excitement factor which will make its way onto the 6 o'clock news - a very rare feat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

which will make its way onto the 6 o'clock news - a very rare feat.

Who on God's earth watches the 6 o'clock news these days?! 

All seriousness, this horse is the real deal and if he can step, and IF (an even bigger IF), Lamb doesn't bugger up the start, UMC will make things very interesting on 12 November...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Regardless of the quality of those horses he ran againsted, 1.53.7 on yr ear with a slight tap to gap them at the top of the straight augers well for some interesting races to come. Beautiful to watch.

Yea he is beautiful to watch.When Kirstin pulled the plugs yesterday i swear i saw the speed of his legs increase as soon as they got pulled.For some reason i made a note to myself to watch his legs when that happened,and boy i wasn't disappointed,the spell will make him even further.

And Rees on another note with my girl winning last week and getting 2nd on Friday she is now 10th for the jewels,whereas a few weeks back she was well down on the list..amazing how fast things can change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Yea he is beautiful to watch.When Kirstin pulled the plugs yesterday i swear i saw the speed of his legs increase as soon as they got pulled.For some reason i made a note to myself to watch his legs when that happened,and boy i wasn't disappointed,the spell will make him even further.

And Rees on another note with my girl winning last week and getting 2nd on Friday she is now 10th for the jewels,whereas a few weeks back she was well down on the list..amazing how fast things can change.

Well done getting the horse to qualify Mardy. Hope it stays in , I shall get to meet you in the owners lounge at Adders hopefully. 

• Like 1

The goal is for her to start should she stay in the 12,so they won't be withdrawing her.With her being so far down the list i didn't even think she'd get in,so didn't even apply to have time off.I'll be trying now...but with the boss being away at around the same time,and me stepping into the chair..my chance may not be good,see what happens tho.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

That was a pretty tidy win today, they didn't make it easy for him from 30m hcp, speed on all the way and one popping out in front of him not going anywhere where he made a move....still didn't stop a 5.5lenght romp ...the fairy tale continues

I think that was a bit of Nathan Williamson stable negative team driving. ? Pop out in front of the hot favourite then try and hold him up as long as possible, hoping the stablemate that was leading, gets enough of a break to beat UMC. Didn't work...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

I think that was a bit of Nathan Williamson stable negative team driving. ? Pop out in front of the hot favourite then try and hold him up as long as possible, hoping the stablemate that was leading, gets enough of a break to beat UMC. Didn't work...

Yes owm, I got that impression to, it certainly wasn't trying to Go up outside the leader, more trying to hinder UMC improving...... but as Davy Mac would say that horse has a motor!