Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Starters now in total MELTDOWN!!!

It's been a fear dinky die SHOCKER of a few month for these boys....

The two Coast stuff ups were bad enough...you know the entire field being reversed in Barrier positions...

...to the MASSIVE Derby stuff up with the barrier blanket bering left off....and then being told by the RIU that well "actually...Trev didn't even have it on his Starters list to be applied"

wtf?

To Anzac Day where Scooter Sarge clean forgot his 'assistant' Trev...didn't follow the Starters Manual..." last one coming up...ALL CLEAR"

...and let them go with one still to come...explaining

"oh f...I thought that was the Clerks horse"

To Friday....where after rearing in Barrier One, Smyth failed to regain her iron...and promptly fell off when the gates opened

Did the starter yell out and ask her if she was good to go...or was he in a position to hear her...instead of way behind the stalls...rather than alongside the barrier...like most starters in the World

yea Na...

And to yesterday..where the Boys failed to engage the hand break on the tractor...where it dribbled down the Te Rapa drain...with the horses having to do the SIDEWAYS SHUFFLE...

...ever heard of putting a Tractor in gear and with the Handbreak Harry on?

Ffs...Its amatuer hour here...as per usual

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 6
  • Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Unbelievable at the that track.  Which I must say is now the worst track in NZ.

Based on what?.

The leaders bias? which didn't exist yesterday.

Your judgement of tracks is clearly not your strong point then.

You are not telling me Avondale is better, or Counties, or the farce at Trentham today, maybe Ruakaka then, nah all of them are far worse.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, barryb said:

Based on what?.

The leaders bias? which didn't exist yesterday.

Your judgement of tracks is clearly not your strong point then.

You are not telling me Avondale is better, or Counties, or the farce at Trentham today, maybe Ruakaka then, nah all of them are far worse.

Did you see the sand being flicked up?  Another horse was euthanized.  

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Did you see the sand being flicked up?  Another horse was euthanized.  

WTF, I was there.

The track had ZERO to do with that horse dying, heres what happened to it.

ROYAL RULER (R Elliot) - Hampered 350 metres by FAZIOLI (Cameron) which lay out when making contact after shifting out to obtain clear running. Eased down from near the 150 metres then dislodged rider R Elliot and collapsed near the winning post. ROYAL RULER received immediate veterinary attention and was found to have died instantly.

& heres the comment from its previous run which was in August 2018

• Stipe Comment: Gave ground quickly from 500m being eased down straight, found to have suffered from cardiac arrhythmia

21 minutes ago, barryb said:

WTF, I was there.

The track had ZERO to do with that horse dying, heres what happened to it.

ROYAL RULER (R Elliot) - Hampered 350 metres by FAZIOLI (Cameron) which lay out when making contact after shifting out to obtain clear running. Eased down from near the 150 metres then dislodged rider R Elliot and collapsed near the winning post. ROYAL RULER received immediate veterinary attention and was found to have died instantly.

& heres the comment from its previous run which was in August 2018

• Stipe Comment: Gave ground quickly from 500m being eased down straight, found to have suffered from cardiac arrhythmia

The track is crap.  Been like that for ten years at least.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

The track is crap.  Been like that for ten years at least.

Never said it wasn’t,  but the worst track in NZ it is not. It’s only deteriorated since the stuff up last yr. Prior to that it provided the best winter racing in NZ.

Certainly didn’t cause the death of a horse like you stated.

• Haha 1

Keep to the topic thanks Bazz...

Im not having any of moi's starters for 10/10 being corrupted by the likes of you...ok?

Im getting info pm'd to me about a MAJOR cock wrt the HOPELESS Starters 

Just like the Derby cock up...which was ENTIRELY MY INVESTIGATION...recognise

stand by McFluff

Interesting wording from the Stipes Report ...

J Moody advised that the inside section of the starting stalls had moved due to the failure of the handbrake on the tow vehicle ...

Failure of the handbrake!! Does this mean the handbrake had been applied by the driver of the tow vehicle and it failed?

Or does it disguise the possible truth, that the handbrake had not been applied in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

Here's an idea...

Every f'er has to sit a Starters Manual License...Barrier Boys a basic barrier License...how to hand Jockeys a water bottle...NCEA accredited 10 marks right there...

...and if any f'er FAILS even a basic shit job like supplying water

They get Drug and Booze tested

'DIC in charge of starting stalls, water bottles and hand brakes'

Guilty Az...

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

starter is a very difficult job...get a grip on ..yourself!

That’s unfair, Thomass has been gripping himself for a while now, ever since an Easterly at Muriwai blew the Princess halfway to Oz.

• Haha 1

On 5/05/2019 at 8:28 PM, All The Aces said:

Great to have Thomass back!!  

What was wrong with Trentham today Turny? Winners weren't hard to find even on the heavy track.  

Thanks All but unfortunately it'll only be Once in a blue moon....when the Industry stakeholders need alerting to the b/s Integrity we have here..

To be inserted into a moderation queue while malcontents like Bazz, Turny and The Shrew have unfettered access...and post 90% on other sites...

..is absurdly bizarre...

...even though the I abided by the poll...

...which stated overwhelmingly that I shouldn't even be moderated...

There's no fun here anymore...just mournful dirges courtesy of the malcontents 

best

Should get your facts right before you start whinging you pathetic  loser. This is the only site i am on for a start. People overwhelmingly  stated that you are and were a right pain in the arse with your stupid and sexually innuendoed based topics. . Having to reply to your own pathetic topics time after time should have been enough to let you know that no one really cares what you think. 

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

There's no fun here anymore...just mournful dirges courtesy of the malcontents 

best

just bugger off then, you are the one solely responsible for destroying this and race chat's forum, idiot.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, theshu said:

Should get your facts right before you start whinging you pathetic  loser. This is the only site i am on for a start. People overwhelmingly  stated that you are and were a right pain in the arse with your stupid and sexually innuendoed based topics. . Having to reply to your own pathetic topics time after time should have been enough to let you know that no one really cares what you think. 

Post of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1