Bit Of A Yarn

TAB Account Verification???

Well, a few weeks back I had message on tab app that i needed to verify account. Told me that you could complete on app with iphone, sadly didnt work. So had to fuck around, print off form, take to tab branch to be verified. Now that pissed me off, until tonite. 

Had a call on phone, number 048900100, some tosser from the tab wanting to update account details??? What the fuck, i said to this muppet that i had verified details at branch, but he said he didnt have access to it? Thought it mite have been hack call, but no it was the wankers from tab. Asked me details that they knew from my licence provided, guy was a cock, who rings 7pm friday nite. 

I said i had just received  matched bet option from beteasy, does the tab have any offers, answer was NO!! Jesus, they are shit, terrible

D6480116-B338-498B-A653-270969561C3A.jpeg

I'm the same they've rung me three times I asked the bloke if he knew who he was talking to, never heard of me. That's who they employ now from bottom rung to top brass they have no idea and even less interest in their customers. That's why people bet off shore, had a winner today 16 in to 8's here 30-1 in Aus apparently!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pitman said:

I'm the same they've rung me three times I asked the bloke if he knew who he was talking to, never heard of me. That's who they employ now from bottom rung to top brass they have no idea and even less interest in their customers. That's why people bet off shore, had a winner today 16 in to 8's here 30-1 in Aus apparently!!

Its the most bizarre call i have ever had. I thought it was a scam when i picked up. He got a little testy near the end of call when i said tab were useless. 

Started call with, I see recently you have verified your account? Yes, that is correct, are you ringing to offer me a promo deal i have just received from your opposition? 

No, i need your full name, date of birth, address etc????

Your fucking joking mate, i gave all this info at the local tab, got email from tab saying i was verified???

Ahh yes, that may be the case. But i can only see that your account has been verified, no other details????

FFS. By the way, took up the deposit offer betfair, so now have 4 x $62.50 free bets. Zilch will be spent at tab.

• Like 1

Same for me Newmarket.  The last call left a message and asked me to click on the orange box (clearly to verify my account).  What follows is an email I sent to the Helpdesk last night

I have been pestered by calls from the TAB all week (I did not answer as I was busy, one I did answer but the lady said she was from the TAB but I didn’t have the time to talk).  Finally someone left a message and it seems it is all about your silly account verification as the guy on the phone said to click on the “orange box”.  I verified my account some weeks ago by filling out a form at my local Newtown TAB.  The "orange box” no longer appears so I guess the verification has been processed.

So please no more calls.  Any more calls ,or if you still think my account needs to be verified, please cancel my account - it was touch and go at the time whether I wanted to continue with my account anyway given how the TAB has treated old and loyal customers with disdain for the last 15 years or so.

• Like 1

I went into my local last week to fill out the paperwork,i checked earlier this week on TAB site and the orange box thingy has disappeared,so i'm guessing that i'm now verified?.As for getting pestered with phone calls,i haven't recieved one..or if i did there was no message left.You'd think they would just send emails rather than annoying people with phone calls.

8 hours ago, Mardy said:

I went into my local last week to fill out the paperwork,i checked earlier this week on TAB site and the orange box thingy has disappeared,so i'm guessing that i'm now verified?.As for getting pestered with phone calls,i haven't recieved one..or if i did there was no message left.You'd think they would just send emails rather than annoying people with phone calls.

Mardy, 

I went to tab about a month ago to get verified, so maybe you will get rung. 

Just out of interest, how come not everyone needed to be verified? 

4 hours ago, Mark D said:

Depends on the age of the accounts I suspect

I just wonder if it is those that deposit by credit card, then withdraw in to back account? My old man is very old, just puts in $20 here and there, but he wasnt asked to verify. 

All those that have been asked to verify, do you all deposit and withdraw on line? 

18 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I just wonder if it is those that deposit by credit card, then withdraw in to back account? My old man is very old, just puts in $20 here and there, but he wasnt asked to verify. 

All those that have been asked to verify, do you all deposit and withdraw on line? 

nope all in store

On 13/07/2019 at 7:59 PM, Newmarket said:

Mardy, 

I went to tab about a month ago to get verified, so maybe you will get rung. 

Just out of interest, how come not everyone needed to be verified? 

I ended up by getting a phone call from them not long after I posted.The dude I spoke with seemed pleasant enough. 

• Haha 1

11. Privacy Act 1993
11.1. By establishing an account you agree to these provisions governing privacy of
information and security. When you contact the Board, open your Account, operate
your Account, use the Board’s website and/or the TAB app, and/or place bets with the
Board, the Board is collecting personal information from you for the primary purpose of
establishing and maintaining the relationship between you and the Board. The Board
may not be able to open an Account for you if all the requested information is not
provided.
11.2. The Board may collect personal information about you, including but not limited to the
following types of information:
(a) Personal details (including but not limited to name, date of birth, gender and contact
details);
(b) Identity verification information;
(c) Recordings of telephone calls and records of written correspondence;
(d) Website or TAB app activity (including but not limited to deposit, withdrawal or
betting transactions);
(e) Financial information (including but not limited to bank account numbers, credit card
information, or debit card information);
(f) Activity preferences;
(g) Your location (including your IP address); and
(h) Your appearance.
Last updated: 7 December 2018
11.3. The Board may collect such personal information:
(a) From you directly, including during the establishment of your account;
(b) By reviewing your activity and/or transactions on the Board’s website, on the TAB
app, and/or at TAB venues (including but not limited to race tracks);
(c) From any identifiable individual;
(d) From any other agency (as defined by the Privacy Act 1993); and
(e) From any third party.
11.4. Information collected and held by the Board about you may be used by the Board from
time to time to
(a) assess your credit-worthiness;
(b) confirm that your Account is being used in accordance with these General Terms
(and, in particular, that it is being used solely for the purposes of betting with the
Board);
(c) provide you with Account related support, notifications, reminders and offers
(including Account deposit, Account withdrawal, Account balance and Account
activity) during the establishment and on-going use of your Account;
(d) manage your Account and assess your eligibility to receive specific products and
services;
(e) offer you products or services that the Board considers may be of interest to the
you;
(f) provide a customer experience specific for you;
(g) assess your eligibility for participation in any promotional events which the Board
may be running;
(h) deal with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer related
activities;
(i) carry out market research and analysis relating the Board’s products and services
generally;
(j) monitor Account activity in order to detect and prevent corruption in sport and racing
and;
(k) comply with its obligations under applicable laws, including but not limited to the
Racing Act 2003 relating to problem gambling, harm prevention and minimisation.
11.5. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to view and correct personal
information held by the Board.
(a) Personal information may be disclosed by the Board to third parties in connection
with any of the purposes stated under clause 11.1 provided that the recipient of the
Last updated: 7 December 2018
information is subject to an obligation of confidentiality in relation to the disclosed
information.
(b) Notwithstanding (a) above, the Board may disclose your personal information to
particular organisations both within New Zealand and overseas for the purposes of
investigating and/or detecting breaches of the Rules of Racing or any relevant
legislation of New Zealand, or of another jurisdiction.
11.6. A list of authorised bodies with whom the Board has an agreement to share information
with is available from the Board’s Privacy Officer.

I was told that not all TAB's are able to verify accounts. This means the older folk I know who live in a small town with only a TAB at the pub have to drive 40 minutes to the nearest big town and go to a TAB agency which has the 'ability' to verify.

Makes you wonder about the whole thing but I try not to as it hurts the brain.

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2019 at 4:28 PM, Fred said:

Finally made it to town and TAB today and they had run out of forms.In this day and age surely they could print some out !

I ended up by printing the form out.As i initially went into the TAB and they were looking around frantically for the form.In the end i said that i'd print it off then come back,which i did and got it sorted.

• 2 months later...

I've had the same account with TAB for more than 30 years must have done thousands of deposits and hundreds of withdrawals also gone through various re-identification regimes. Suddenly out of the blue the TAB won't payout. All I wanted is $200 withdrawal into same bank account deposits come from. Told them I've had a gutsfull. Donate the money to charity and send me verification.

Punting with NZTAB.  Customer beware!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Centaur said:

I've had the same account with TAB for more than 30 years must have done thousands of deposits and hundreds of withdrawals also gone through various re-identification regimes. Suddenly out of the blue the TAB won't payout. All I wanted is $200 withdrawal into same bank account deposits come from. Told them I've had a gutsfull. Donate the money to charity and send me verification.

Punting with NZTAB.  Customer beware!!!

Out of interest was your withdrawal refused due to the 'Money available to withdraw' scenario? Say you had $400 in the account, but only wanted  $200 out and they refused to give it to you?

In this scenario, these days, until you have turned over the amount of any deposit made you cannot withdraw the full balance or any amount greater than what you have turned over. Annoying - very!

The moral of the story don't put in more than you might turnover if you are remotely likely to want a withdrawal.

This has been the case for a few years now. It was instituted to stop people using TABs as money transferring agencies, for either convenience or criminal purposes such as money laundering

24 minutes ago, Chimbu said:

Out of interest was your withdrawal refused due to the 'Money available to withdraw' scenario? Say you had $400 in the account, but only wanted  $200 out and they refused to give it to you?

In this scenario, these days, until you have turned over the amount of any deposit made you cannot withdraw the full balance or any amount greater than what you have turned over. Annoying - very!

The moral of the story don't put in more than you might turnover if you are remotely likely to want a withdrawal.

This has been the case for a few years now. It was instituted to stop people using TABs as money transferring agencies, for either convenience or criminal purposes such as money laundering

That’s only if you deposit using a debit/credit card. If you deposit in store you can withdraw it no problem.