Bit Of A Yarn

Michael House?

Newmarket

58 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Is this good for racing? 

So Michael House's runners are performing very well. Trent Yesberg's always  run pretty well. So now we know why. All legal of course. So no drama from me, but maybe, now we know the key to success is through medicating the horses? Imagine if an All Black said that publicly or an Olympic runner said they do that but in the windows of safety so they don't get caught.

SAFE will love it - horse racing trainers are openly stating about using performance enhancing drugs on horses to get the best out of them. Horse are just commodities which get abused for financial gain and it is cruel.

I am not naive but why would you say that publicly?

Since they sent a junior driver back to harness school, maybe they should send these two back to trainer's school for some PR lessons.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I think it is a bloody stupid comment. Why say it?? Anyone know him, would love to know how he thinks these comments are good for the game. 

Dead right it is a stupid comment by a licence holder. And then for another party, also a licence holder, to say "agreed", one just has to shake their head. Unbelievable, but not really at the same time.

Newmarket, these private messages or posted within a Facebook group? 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Dead right it is a stupid comment by a licence holder. And then for another party, also a licence holder, to say "agreed", one just has to shake their head. Unbelievable, but not really at the same time.

I suppose in reality there is nothing to answer for with these comments. They are acting within the confines of the rules and only expressing actions which are permitted. I await the predictable justifications of the comments which will hold truth, but really, this bravado and ignorance is a disservice to the industry. 

36 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It is a facebook group, Harness Racing Enthusiast. Here is another one. 

9B6B941B-45DA-468E-A634-F47629566997.jpeg

70347CE9-BFA5-4462-B120-6C5167822B84.jpeg

As far as house's comments go.  What has he said that is wrong or inaccurate?  He states he operates within the rules.   The same goes for what Yesberg has to say. I can't see anything untoward there .

Do those reading the chat on the site referred to, expect  it to espouse the view that drugs that are legal and believed to help race performance should not be used on some sort of moral grounds.. Who's going to believe that.  

What is apparent ,and I think we already know, is that some horse trainers have a   belief that punters are sometimes ignorant. Well sometimes they are, but sometimes they aren't. 

I think the point of the trainers posts was to take the "mickey" out of those  out there on sites like ours who the trainers believe underestimate successful trainers skills to get the results they do.

I'm Not referring to house or yesberg when I say in my view the cynicism punters have  is directly a result of the acts of some participants . 

As I have referred to in another thread. Look at James Stormonts drive on Sunny Petite in race 2 tonight at Cambridge.. I bet you not one trainer or driver says anything to Stormont ,or posts on the facebook chat site,about not trying. What some of them will say is some ignorant mug punter has been moaning on one of those chat sites about Stormonts drive.  That's the way things work. Punters distrust in the area of honesty relating to several aspects is sometimes deserved. 

7 hours ago, the galah said:

As far as house's comments go.  What has he said that is wrong or inaccurate?  He states he operates within the rules.   The same goes for what Yesberg has to say. I can't see anything untoward there .

Do those reading the chat on the site referred to, expect  it to espouse the view that drugs that are legal and believed to help race performance should not be used on some sort of moral grounds.. Who's going to believe that.  

What is apparent ,and I think we already know, is that some horse trainers have a   belief that punters are sometimes ignorant. Well sometimes they are, but sometimes they aren't. 

I think the point of the trainers posts was to take the "mickey" out of those  out there on sites like ours who the trainers believe underestimate successful trainers skills to get the results they do.

I'm Not referring to house or yesberg when I say in my view the cynicism punters have  is directly a result of the acts of some participants . 

As I have referred to in another thread. Look at James Stormonts drive on Sunny Petite in race 2 tonight at Cambridge.. I bet you not one trainer or driver says anything to Stormont ,or posts on the facebook chat site,about not trying. What some of them will say is some ignorant mug punter has been moaning on one of those chat sites about Stormonts drive.  That's the way things work. Punters distrust in the area of honesty relating to several aspects is sometimes deserved. 

But at a time when harness racing is under the spotlight, is it a wise thing to say? 

So, he can give a horse no drugs before racing one week, next week give it heaps before it races, and of course with his vet contacts, it will be legal. And punters get pissed off with form reversals??? Just makes punters less likely to punt mickey mouse, you are not too bright. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the galah said:

Thats the way i read it as well TG. The conspiracy theorists will no doubt see it another way.

Greg

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You mean the people who don't agree with you?

Its irrelevant whether people agree with in this case myself and Galah. Free thinkers will do what they like and that is as it should be.Your opinion is surely as valid as mine IMHO

BTW i think they were extracting the urine, especially Mickey Mouse's and a few on here have taken the bait hook ,line and sinker.

I'm sure Westview will have a smile on his face

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

BTW i think they were extracting the urine, especially Mickey Mouse's and a few on here have taken the bait hook ,line and sinker.

If that is the case, then the writer of the comments is foolish because if he bothers enough to say that sort of thing in a public forum about drugs and their administration in such a loose manner to simply take the piss he is indeed just that - foolish

But that is ok, FTM,  each to their own.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If that is the case, then the writer of the comments is foolish because if he bothers enough to say that sort of thing in a public forum about drugs and their administration in such a loose manner to simply take the piss he is indeed just that - foolish

But that is ok, FTM,  each to their own.

Quite true. 

Look at Purdons first runner for the season last night. Sat parked, gone a long way from home. It was paying $4-40, so everyone knew it was never going to win, why would it, just out for a run, Tim Williams driving. 

Now watch this horse, because soon it will be racing 3 wide the trip, driven by mark or nat, racing for big bucks and bolting in!! 

The name- FREDDIESAM. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

My guess would be 1 more start for freddiesam from the all stars barn and if no significant improvement then either gelded or moved on to another stable.

ITs trial form did not justify its short price,but it must have been going ok at home as they don't line them up if they don't think they can win do they.

As to the rest of the thread re house's comments.

People have been inferring and expressing the view that some trainers use whatever legal drugs they can to improve raceday performance. Then when a trainer who recently has been the subject of a similar discussion comes out and says that's true, those who have inferred it criticize him for confirming what they have been saying.    

There are more relevant points to be made about houses comments than whether he should have made them at all.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, the galah said:

People have been inferring and expressing the view that some trainers use whatever legal drugs they can to improve raceday performance. Then when a trainer who recently has been the subject of a similar discussion comes out and says that's true, those who have inferred it criticize him for confirming what they have been saying.  

I don't believe I have inferred both points you make above. Only the second one.

House has basically said the improvement is down to drug administration. He could have said he has changed his training methods but no, he choose to say he has every drug at his fingertips and the trick is not to have them in the horse's system. 

Either way, he comes across as naive. Maybe as much as some on here about ACS etc.

Noticeably, Westview has not contributed anything to this discussion, or Brodie. Why is that?

I wonder if Westview can confirm jj's claim he will be smiling about this? 

On 6/09/2019 at 1:04 PM, JJ Flash said:

Its irrelevant whether people agree with in this case myself and Galah. Free thinkers will do what they like and that is as it should be.Your opinion is surely as valid as mine IMHO

I'm sure Westview will have a smile on his face

Greg

who are the few on here that have taken the bait ??? name them  

• Champ Post 1