Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Met Friday

Dougie

40 minutes ago, Enteebee said:

Bugger - should have flown Brad down - he didnt relax for Matty and was gone on the corner

You're right and they didn't go overly quick either, that winner did it easy too, Matty had a bad night with his 3 trotting drives

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You can now see why they do not want to have enquiries when there should be!

Got no idea why they need to take so long to decide on anything in the enquiry room?

It galloped before the line 

Hey brodie did you check out that you tube clip?

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yip, someone dropping their guts is not really my thing for humour but I do shit myself when my horse is held up the whole way down the straight.

Different strokes for different folks,I laugh at farts but I dont laugh if the horse I backed is stuck on the rail,did you make a dollar tonight?

13 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The race started and then Kyle Cameron got tipped out so not sure why the inquiry into the start is taking so long either. Navarra ran into him clearly after the race started too.

Do they now late scratch every horse held up by another after the tapes have been released.

Also,how can they late scratch navara and not sundons flyer.  Sundons flyer was given a terminal check in the same incident.

They are very inconsistent when it comes to these late scratchings at the start.You never really know how they are going to enforce that rule.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Do they now late scratch every horse held up by another after the tapes have been released.

Also,how can they late scratch navara and not sundons flyer.  Sundons flyer was given a terminal check in the same incident.

They are very inconsistent when it comes to these late scratchings at the start.You never really know how they are going to enforce that rule.

The race replay on HRNZ starts after the actual commencement of the race so you can't ascertain when the race actually started from it. From what I watched on Sky last night when I rewound it the trouble started after Lamb let the tapes go.

I suppose they are saying since Prince Teka was denied a fair start the flow on effect of the incident took out Navara. My point of contention is Lamb had already let them go and then it all started.

You wouldn't want to be a lawyer defending the way enquiries are handled into starts.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The race replay on HRNZ starts after the actual commencement of the race so you can't ascertain when the race actually started from it. From what I watched on Sky last night when I rewound it the trouble started after Lamb let the tapes go.

I suppose they are saying since Prince Teka was denied a fair start the flow on effect of the incident took out Navara. My point of contention is Lamb had already let them go and then it all started.

You wouldn't want to be a lawyer defending the way enquiries are handled into starts.

Arran chief,who drew alongside prince teka, was on a slight angle and when prince teka moved forward after the tapes were released, his cart made contact with arran chiefs leg and that tipped the cart. It happened after the tapes were released.

In every race you get horses slightly side on and in every race you get some horses progress forward after the start impeded because they do not have a clear passage. 

So at what point does interference that can result in late scratchings end. I think most of us had thought it was as soon as the tapes were released. 

It is most unfortunate if you have the horse who cops interference, however the reason this ruling is copping criticism is because it has created inconsistency.

• Like 3