Bit Of A Yarn

Cup Week Christchurch: Covid-19 Issue

Blossom lady

29 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

They weren't actually news - they were opinions.  That's what is wrong with our news agencies now.  They publish opinions but don't publish the facts.  Did you see the Tova O'Brien interview of Jamie Lee Ross during the election?  It was disgraceful and an insult to all the excellent TV journalists that have come before her.  I didn't support Ross but she rudely closed him down because she didn't agree with what he was saying.  Didn't delve into what or why.  Climate change is promoted as accepted fact and if you have an alternative view backed up by evidence based research you are labeled a denier.  Same with Covid-19!

You accuse me of being pedantic

Where did I say that Trump's tweets were news?

I didn't, I merely posted them as examples of the arrogant fool's rantings

Nothing to do with News Agencies either

They were tweets that Trump posted himself

Mikie

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Mikie, you have overstepped what I consider reasonable several times so here it is!

Reality is Mikie, with your history of honesty and integrity you are hardly in a position to be taken seriously when you are commenting about Brodie being thick!

So with your background, you are able to state unequivocally that the Democrats are not being fraudulent?

What bhas my history got to do with forming an opinion that you are thick?

I can't see the relevance

Fact is Brodie, you have posted something as a fact 4 times, on the last 4 most viewed Topics, that were plainly wrong and you can't admiut it

That's why you are thick

As far as you saying "here it is", is that your idea of a scary ultimatum?

If so, you are a real phuckwit

Mikie

8 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Mehe is just like a lot of others, we are sick of Brodie posting crap and never admitting he's wrong, we are sick of you jumping on to threads to help him out (yes I know, you say you don't, but point to one single thread where you have ever jumped on and made a post that was opposed to something Brodie had posted), and we are sick of being told Brodie is restricted 

Pull up their Mikie.  I'll say it ONCE more the issue I have with Mehe is all he posts are attacks on Brodie.  I don't agree with everything Brodie posts however it seems our views on a number of things are similar.  If you are sick of his posting style then put him on ignore - it is a function that will hide all his posts so you don't see them.  Personally I ignore his banging on about his betting restrictions but that's not to say I can see his point.  In fact we had a very good discussion on here about the inconsistencies of the TAB in regards to betting restrictions.

You know he isn't going to change you know he will never admit he is wrong so why the hell do you spend so much time trying to get him to do what you want?  Seems crazy and mind bending to me.  Most of us will make a smart quip or just ignore it.

• Champ Post 1

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Lets just see what happens?

Let us see if Brodie, The Galah and the Chief are on the money or is Mikie right in that the Democrats are honest like Mikie?

You are posting crap Brodie

Where have I ever posted that "the Democrats are honest"?

I haven't, I haven't posted that they are honest or dishonest, I haven't ventured any opinion whatsoever

So you are talking crap yet again

Mikie

• Bad Post 1

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lets just see what happens?

Let us see if Brodie, The Galah and the Chief are on the money or is Mikie right in that the Democrats are honest like Mikie?

Wooh!  Back up there.  Don't clump me in.  I honestly don't know.  The only thing I'll say is it looks weird to me.  But that might be the crazy system they have in the US of A.

I tell you one thing for sure Biden won't do two terms.  I don't see him lasting this term physically.

8 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I fail to see from what I've written that you could determine I live in a fantasy world.  I assure you I don't.  I just don't believe everything I hear or read on the news nor do I fall for the politicians of little substance that sound good.

The point of multiple posts on multiple threads is that others don't believe what is written by Brodie on this site on various topics

We ask for proof, nothing

We ask for validation, nothing

We ask for an apology, nothing

No, that's not quite right, when we ask we get labelled shit stirrers by Chief for daring to press Brodie for an answer

Mikie

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

I tell you one thing for sure Biden won't do two terms.  I don't see him lasting this term physically.

What on earth are you talking about? Two terms? He won't do one term, Brodie said he lost this Election, remember?

Mikie

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mikie said:

What bhas my history got to do with forming an opinion that you are thick?

I can't see the relevance

Fact is Brodie, you have posted something as a fact 4 times, on the last 4 most viewed Topics, that were plainly wrong and you can't admiut it

That's why you are thick

As far as you saying "here it is", is that your idea of a scary ultimatum?

If so, you are a real phuckwit

Mikie

Mikie, on backgrounds, would someone trust Brodie rather than you when it comes to honesty?

You can call me thick, you can call me an effwit even if you can not spell it, I do not care!

You can disagree with me as much as you want, however being thick in your opinion is a bit of a laugh!

being financially successful from being thick works for me Mikie, and I will take that any day over you being intelligent, dishonest and broke!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1
  • Bad Post 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I have been posting for a long time on here and before on Channel X and I normally stay out of Brodie's argument threads but not this one. If the Chief can't see the unfounded and incorrect claims made by Brodie, coming to the defence of these claims, then even worse getting at posters who are pointing out Brodie's incorrect claims there is no point in debating it. 

Biden has lost, the democrats are committing fraud, Hannity and Carlson are neutral....😂😂  what a load of f**king shit!

That's your opinion that's fine.  I have mine.  I haven't come to the defence of Brodie's claims just his right to say them.  Just as I defend your right.

Mehe overstepped the mark and was warned.  He did it again and was warned.  Not only that but he starting firing abuse my way.  Was warned but continue to do so.  I'm sorry but I have limits.

Just now, Brodie said:

Mikie, on backgrounds, would someone trust Brodie rather than you when it comes to honesty?

You can call me thick, you can call me an effwit even if you can nkt spell it, I do not care!

You can disagree with me as much as you want, however being thick in your opinion is a bit of a laugh!

being financially successful from being thick works for me Mikie, and I will take that any day over you being intelligent, dishonest and broke!

How would one judge Brodie?

We only have your word for it that you are trustworthy, that you aren't thick and that you are financially successful don't we?

I'm not too sure about your last sentence, you are calling me intelligent?

I didn't realise that i was broke as well, phuck me, I'm depressed now

Mikie

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You can call me thick, you can call me an effwit even if you can not spell it, I do not care!

Brodie ease up there that's a bit far.  

5 minutes ago, Mikie said:

The point of multiple posts on multiple threads is that others don't believe what is written by Brodie on this site on various topics

We ask for proof, nothing

We ask for validation, nothing

We ask for an apology, nothing

No, that's not quite right, when we ask we get labelled shit stirrers by Chief for daring to press Brodie for an answer

Mikie

Mikie,not sure what you are damn well looking for?

Turn your TV on and watch!!!

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Pull up their Mikie.  I'll say it ONCE more the issue I have with Mehe is all he posts are attacks on Brodie.  I don't agree with everything Brodie posts however it seems our views on a number of things are similar.  If you are sick of his posting style then put him on ignore - it is a function that will hide all his posts so you don't see them.  Personally I ignore his banging on about his betting restrictions but that's not to say I can see his point.  In fact we had a very good discussion on here about the inconsistencies of the TAB in regards to betting restrictions.

You know he isn't going to change you know he will never admit he is wrong so why the hell do you spend so much time trying to get him to do what you want?  Seems crazy and mind bending to me.  Most of us will make a smart quip or just ignore it.

Chief, if I put the all the  phuckwits on the 'ignore' list there would be stuff all posts left to read wouldn't there?

Mikie

• Bad Post 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Brodie ease up there that's a bit far.  

Correct, probably was and I apologise!

However we have Mikie calling Brodie thick and I was just pointing out that I would take my thickness any day over Mikie’s obvious intelligence!

I apologise Mikie if it was offensive to you, and probably getting out of hand!

We will agree to disagree and leave it there, and just see if Brodie is  on the money, about whether the Democrats have blatantly been cheating!

Edited by Brodie

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Correct, probably was and I apologise!

However we have Mikie calling Brodie thick and I was just pointing out that I would take my thickness any day over Mikie’s obvious intelligence!

I apologise Mikie if it was offensive to you, and probably getting out of hand!

We will agree to disagree and leave it there, and just see if Brodie is  on the money, about whether the Democrats have blatantly bee cheating!

Brodie, I'm sorry, you are possibly genuine in your apology but I don't accept it

I don't mind being called thick if someone disagrees with any post I make, that's the nature of social media

You over stepped the line from posts to being personally offensive and it wasn't one post, there were a number of pathetic digs prior to that as well

Mikie

Edited by Mikie

17 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Actually that isn't correct to say the royal WE unless you are talking about Mehe.

I object to the INCESSANT admit you are wrong on one issue posts.  It's pointless.  I think I have been consistent on that.  

That's why this Topic has been moved to The Vent.

As far as I'm concerned you can bash the shyte out each other here.  

The sad thing is we all share a common interest and passion for harness racing.  You'd probably find that we would all get on great guns one night or day at the trots.

We'd all be winners because we would be backing Brodies picks unrestricted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Actually that isn't correct to say the royal WE unless you are talking about Mehe.

I object to the INCESSANT admit you are wrong on one issue posts.  It's pointless.  I think I have been consistent on that.  

That's why this Topic has been moved to The Vent.

As far as I'm concerned you can bash the shyte out each other here.  

The sad thing is we all share a common interest and passion for harness racing.  You'd probably find that we would all get on great guns one night or day at the trots.

We'd all be winners because we would be backing Brodies picks unrestricted.

The 'we' could be myself and Happy Sunrise

If it was only 1 issue it wouldn't be a problem

It's the repetitive posting of matters as facts that we (or just me) object to

Plus we only have Brodie's word that he is restricted and that he is successful, unless you have proof to the contrary

I seriously doubt that Brodie and myself would get on at a night at the trots, you and me probably would, plus I'm not allowed to have abet until 08.01.21 so if you are arranging a night out make it after that will you

Mikie

Edited by Mikie
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mikie said:

The 'we' could be myself and Happy Sunrise

If it was only 1 issue it wouldn't be a problem

It's the repetitive posting of matters as facts that we (or just me) object to

Plus we only have Brodie's word that he is restricted and that he is successful, unless you have proof to the contrary

I seriously doubt that Brodie and myself would get on at a night at the trots, you and me probably would, plus I'm not allowed to have abet until 08.01.21 so if you are arranging a night out make it after that will you

Mikie

You are probably right Mikie, I choose carefully who I would want at my table!

As for being repetitive, there is always a reason for it!

What would you do if you were treated differently from others or charged for something you did not do?

Would you just accept it Mikie, or stand up for yourself?

My answer to that is that I would stand up for my rights, just as I would for anyone I know that is being treated unfairly!

You may well be one that is happy to just accept what happens, but Brodie does not operate with that!

This is a forum that Chief allows anyone to post basically what they want, which is freedom of speech!

The fact that Mehe and now yourself Mikie, seem to get so e delight out of arguing with Brodie about pedantic things is a sign of lacking something!

Edited by Brodie

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What would you do if you were treated differently from others or charged for something you did not do?

Would you just accept it Mikie, or stand up for yourself?

Not much you can do Brodie, when the Judge tells his mates at golf that you're guilty

That's before the Trial starts

Never mind, c'est la vie

Mikie

5 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Not much you can do Brodie, when the Judge tells his mates at golf that you're guilty

That's before the Trial starts

Never mind, c'est la vie

Mikie

Mikie, I am well there are always two sides to every story and that there is often no justice for people!

Unfortunately some people do not get a fair deal in the justice system,  I know this and I would fight for their rights!

I actually do apologise to you in regards to what I said before but you were going on and on about the US election!

You will see that the Democrats have been cheating over there but we will agree to disagree!

Have a great night!

Edited by Brodie
  • Bad Post 1