Bit Of A Yarn

Cup Week Christchurch: Covid-19 Issue

Blossom lady

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

It actually looks like a very weak cup field!

There are many in there that you couldnt really call them cup class!!

Punting wise, maiden fields so much better!

Can anyone be bothered betting into the race, just good to have Cup Day happening as too late to cancel now with the deadly Clvid19 back in the Chch community you would think?

I hadn't given the current covid situation much of a thought but I don't think it's to late to stop the crowds attending. I'm sure the addington officials will nervously be watching the number of community cases over the next week!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blossom lady said:

I hadn't given the current covid situation much of a thought but I don't think it's to late to stop the crowds attending. I'm sure the addington officials will nervously be watching the number of community cases over the next week!

Brodie did say a few weeks ago that there were going to be ongoing cases of Covid19 around NZ!

Reality is that it is not going away anytime soon and the truth is that most people that have tested positive to it in NZ, have next to no symptoms and very few people have been in hospital due to it!

No death is great obviously, however the death toll remains at 25 and all people who were elderly and had underlying health issues!

Myself and not a single person I know have actually known anyone who has had this Covid19!

What I do know is that there are far more people who will pass away due to the consequences of the country being locked down, than were ever going to die from a weak strain of a virus they named Covid19!

Are we going to be locked down every year due to the deadlier influenza virus that kills at least 500 people every year?

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Brodie did say a few weeks ago that there were going to be ongoing cases of Covid19 around NZ!

Reality is that it is not going away anytime soon and the truth is that most people that have tested positive to it in NZ, have next to no symptoms and very few people have been in hospital due to it!

No death is great obviously, however the death toll remains at 25 and all people who were elderly and had underlying health issues!

Myself and not a single person I know have actually known anyone who has had this Covid19!

What I do know is that there are far more people who will pass away due to the consequences of the country being locked down, than were ever going to die from a weak strain of a virus they named Covid19!

Are we going to be locked down every year due to the deadlier influenza virus that kills at least 500 people every year?

There were two brothers in Auckland who didn't have underlining conditions and one was in his 50s and the other was a younger brother so not correct 

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

The present situation in Christchurch is down to a government cockup. How the hell are they letting planeloads of Covid infected Russian and Ukraine fishing boat crew into the country for? It's a fucking joke. In this situation of course it would spread into the community. Couldn't the saintly Jacinda see this coming? They should have told the fishing industry to take a hike, either employ NZers or leave the boats tied at wharf. It would probably do the fish stocks good to be left alone for a season.  

I don't think there will be any more lockdowns Brodie. Dear Leader has won the election so not necessary anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

How the hell are they letting planeloads of Covid infected Russian and Ukraine fishing boat crew into the country for?

They tested negative before arrival.

1 hour ago, Davis said:

They should have told the fishing industry to take a hike, either employ NZers or leave the boats tied at wharf. It would probably do the fish stocks good to be left alone for a season.

So based on that policy we remove fish from the NZ diet and by the looks of it all fruit.  Mung bean futures look good.  Yeah na - we are a trading nation and our wealth depends upon it.  What you are suggesting is we close our borders completely.  We are then an isolated third world nation.  I'd rather take the risk of catching Covid than live like that.

• Haha 1

The fact is that the 2 that have tested positive in ChCh have no symptoms so far!

The fact that people test positive doesnt mean they will infect other people!

The South Island went back to level 2 when there were a few cases in Auckland and had not been a single case for several months!

Now that the control freak has retained her control she will just do what she needs to!

What in earth is the difference here when cases in Auckland affected the South Island to be level2 and now with cases in Chch we do not need to worry at all!

The problem is that so many have been scared by what could have happened, and still continue to believe in the crap that the media has spread!

If Ardern and Bloomfield were consistent, they would be banning people from being oncourse cup day, as imagine how many cases would occur if there were positive people oncourse!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

What I don't get if this thing is so devastating and has horrendous long term impacts why haven't we seen research on the 2,000 recovered cases in New Zealand?

All we have heard from them is from a couple of "social media influencers" who quite frankly seem to be wet wimps!  

Zip, zero, nada - nothing!

36 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

What I don't get if this thing is so devastating and has horrendous long term impacts why haven't we seen research on the 2,000 recovered cases in New Zealand?

All we have heard from them is from a couple of "social media influencers" who quite frankly seem to be wet wimps!  

Zip, zero, nada - nothing!

Noodlum, because it would not fit with the control that the esteemed leader wants!

What has stunned Brodie, is the fact that so many in NZ have believed everything that Ardern has said, where she has no success in business or anything apart from being a successful Communist!

Why people voted in such numbers for communism in NZ is unbelievable, but hopefully enough will realise what they have done before too much damage is done to NZ!

If you dont believe that Ardern is a communist, then just google

Jacinda Ardern communist rant!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've deleted that attachment Mehe because it is a file that has not extension and is large.  Who would know where it came from.

Try again but post a link.

What's your email address i will email it to younits from stuff

1 minute ago, Mehe said:

Your joking they were healthy working men 

Mehe - they may have been working but "healthy" is a subjective term.  You have no idea about pre-existing health conditions, medication they may have been on (e.g. hypertension medication), family history and so on and so on.

People don't die of Covid-19 they die from an underlying condition.  For example my mother died in her late 50's - she got a bad case of the flu and 18 months later her heart gave out.  Did she die of the flu?  Or did she die of coronary heart disease?  Given her family history of coronary problems and the fact that she was a prolific smoker most of her loss I'd say she didn't die of the flu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

Mehe - they may have been working but "healthy" is a subjective term.  You have no idea about pre-existing health conditions, medication they may have been on (e.g. hypertension medication), family history and so on and so on.

People don't die of Covid-19 they die from an underlying condition.  For example my mother died in her late 50's - she got a bad case of the flu and 18 months later her heart gave out.  Did she die of the flu?  Or did she die of coronary heart disease?  Given her family history of coronary problems and the fact that she was a prolific smoker most of her loss I'd say she didn't die of the flu.

Stop twisting it you could say the same about the other 1 million plus that have died from it 

4 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Ypunjust seem to want to stick up for Brodie when he is wrong and he is thats why you wont put it up yourself and apologize 

No but you only post to have a go at Brodie.  Now what I object to in this instance has nothing to do with Brodie but the fact that you are stating as fact something that you have no idea about.  Nor can you provide proof of what you have said.  Now your misinformation may be the flavour of the month but that doesn't mean it's true!