Bit Of A Yarn

Cambridge

Karrots

Well thought I'd start a new topic, site has gone somewhat quiet. There are some nice meetings coming up at Cambridge over the next few weeks, so feel free over the next few weeks to contribute here 👍

Race 6 just ran, well the starter is not mucking around and good for him/her. Whistle blown, your are taking too long horsie, 2nd chance your out. Late scratched 👍

The CEO there D Branch seems like an on-to-it person, who is enthusiastic 👍

Big crowd tonight too 👍

• Like 1

Flying Mile Camb Thurs. Giving people a heads up in advance, incase we play pick a winner. Putting positive vibes out for Majestic Man. Maybe his chance, but waiting for tomorrow noms/draw lol. 

Nice to hear different voices Camb and Puke workouts change refreshing 👍

Could play pick race card? Points 1st, 2nd, 3rd = 3 for a win, 2 for a second and 1 for a third ...

Gamms, Mikie, Davis, Dougie, Trotsfan, Forbs, Globe, Enchantee, MikeyNZ, Galah, Forbs, Rusty, Hunter or whoever else wants to join? I'll try to select properly, not chose just based on Sweet Lous 😁

Attention: New rule, will be no 🙅‍♂️ getting rage 🤦‍♂️ if your horse doesn't place 1st, or you will be stood down for 7-10 days!

After fields are drawn tomorrow Ill post again re this. 

12 races great. 

Here are my selections this is based on points so 3 for a win, 2 for a 2nd and 1 for a 3rd:

Think this could be Majestic Mans for the taking. I was going to go for Bolt for B until I read that they expect MM to lead. If that is the case I have switched to MM, be catch me if you can. If I owned or trained the horse (which I don't, but if I did this would be what I would instruct), I would not run him full tilt, if he gets to lead until pressure is applied.  I would utilize those Camb corners to hold the lead. I'd go full boost from about approx 600m maybe slightly before. Id try to save enough in tank to hopefully hold them off but def boost off from approx 600 m when that corner hits. Horse parked has to work overtime. (Ps I heard the driver knew he was beat at the 600 m mark in his last start. Bugger and good luck team!)

4 trots yikes. I don't usually like to pick on trot races but here goes below.

Lynton Creek in hoping he gets a run thru or gets handy to get me some place points same as Bankers Gold hoping he is put in race at the right time. 

Mary Robyn R1

My Royal Roxy R2

Lynton Creek R3 

Thee Old Bomb R4

Highview Rockn Roll R5

Ruby Mach R6

Isaac H R7

Anam Nunu R8

Majestic Man R9

Mr Fantastic R10

Bankers Gold R11

Enjoy Me R12

Edited by Karrots
  • Champ Post 1

50 minutes ago, Karrots said:

12 races great. 

Here are my selections this is based on points so 3 for a win, 2 for a 2nd and 1 for a 3rd:

Think this could be Majestic Mans for the taking. I was going to go for Bolt for B until I read that they expect MM to lead. If that is the case I have switched to MM, be catch me if you can. If I owned or trained the horse (which I don't, but if I did this would be what I would instruct), I would not run him full tilt, if he gets to lead until pressure is applied.  I would utilize those Camb corners to hold the lead. I'd go full boost from about approx 600m maybe slightly before. Id try to save enough in tank to hopefully hold them off but def boost off from approx 600 m when that corner hits. Horse parked has to work overtime. (Ps I heard the driver knew he was beat at the 600 m mark in his last start. Bugger and good luck team!)

4 trots yikes. I don't usually like to pick on trot races but here goes below.

Lynton Creek in hoping he gets a run thru or gets handy to get me some place points same as Bankers Gold hoping he is put in race at the right time. 

Mary Robyn R1

My Royal Roxy R2

Lynton Creek R3 

Thee Old Bomb R4

Highview Rockn Roll R5

Ruby Mach R6

Isaac H R7

Anam Nunu R8

Majestic Man R9

Mr Fantastic R10

Bankers Gold R11

Enjoy Me R12

I smashed it last time Mary Robyn dam it had nothing to race went to early didn't finish off as a result thought it was home at least she showed some brain by putting it in the race at the right time.should improve with run.good furtunes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forbury said:

I smashed it last time Mary Robyn dam it had nothing to race went to early didn't finish off as a result thought it was home at least she showed some brain by putting it in the race at the right time.should improve with run.good furtunes.

Yo Forbs helo hello, 

Must I say you are hilarious in a good way - sometimes not so much. Some of your posts are good in the sense that the things you say are good, you just call it how you see it. And it's good to bring some things to light. Some things that others are scared to call out. 

On the other hand, sometimes you go too far, in how you approach it. 

Now will you pick a winner with me for Camb, I might even go ... see how it goes. But number 1 rule for you Forbs is no getting rage if your winner doesn't come in.

Come on. Let's see who wins. I'm likely going to bail out of here soon. Maybe like the All Stars come 31 Dec. Come back for special appearances. Chief come on, Brodie the star of the show. And sweet sensitive Gamms. Or what about the = winner Mikie of the last comp we had, best 3 y-o filly ...

Come on people. And Rusty come on STICK it to us 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Forbury said:

Ps I have already said this but A Harrison is my fav Jnr driver. I had my eye on her 2 years ago when I first started watching as I did with Sweet Lou. And now she has sizzled her way to the top of North jnr ranks, and its funny the person I was telling (with all experience), was saying yeah-nah and now says ok yeah lol. And my fav North driver is Z Butcher. I want him to drive my horsie. I might have a fight on my hands tho. As I do not own full horsie. But I will fight for it. I want him as the main driver and A Harrison as the Jnr - altho open to other Jrns now too. I feel a lot have improved. I would put my horsie in a jnr drive too. Give the Jnrs a chance. Got 1 year to wait tho at best. Arrgh the waiting game. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Karrots said:

Ps I have already said this but A Harrison is my fav Jnr driver. I had my eye on her 2 years ago when I first started watching as I did with Sweet Lou. And now she has sizzled her way to the top of North jnr ranks, and its funny the person I was telling (with all experience), was saying yeah-nah and now says ok yeah lol. And my fav North driver is Z Butcher. I want him to drive my horsie. I might have a fight on my hands tho. As I do not own full horsie. But I will fight for it. I want him as the main driver and A Harrison as the Jnr - altho open to other Jrns now too. I feel a lot have improved. I would put my horsie in a jnr drive too. Give the Jnrs a chance. Got 1 year to wait tho at best. Arrgh the waiting game. 

I had dreams like that but Michael purdon and daddy's cash crushed mine after a big bidding war.i ran him up on gavelhouse

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Karrots said:

Yo Forbs helo hello, 

Must I say you are hilarious in a good way - sometimes not so much. Some of your posts are good in the sense that the things you say are good, you just call it how you see it. And it's good to bring some things to light. Some things that others are scared to call out. 

On the other hand, sometimes you go too far, in how you approach it. 

Now will you pick a winner with me for Camb, I might even go ... see how it goes. But number 1 rule for you Forbs is no getting rage if your winner doesn't come in.

Come on. Let's see who wins. I'm likely going to bail out of here soon. Maybe like the All Stars come 31 Dec. Come back for special appearances. Chief come on, Brodie the star of the show. And sweet sensitive Gamms. Or what about the = winner Mikie of the last comp we had, best 3 y-o filly ...

Come on people. And Rusty come on STICK it to us 😛

You are a gem Karrots !! And I really really wish for christmas that your Filly grows up a winner ! 

sorry but don't know those Cambridge horses at all. (except Big trot) where will be cheering Majestic Man for sure as Sundee has big G1 wins already, Rowe Cup etc , and MM deserves his moment in the Sun too.

But found one for you Karrots in race 8 . EIGHTEEN CARAT has your name all over it !!!!with young James on. (well he was young last time I saw him in the 80's ....lol) .     Hope you get something eighteen carat for Christmas !! my missus won't be , lol .....as son turned 25 last week and I put the BARTAB on for him and friends , and that ended up being some Gammalite sapping f..ed up amount....lol.... !!  was easier taking on Popular Alm.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

And I really really wish for christmas that your Filly grows up a winner ! 

(except Big trot) where will be cheering Majestic Man for sure as Sundee has big G1 wins already, Rowe Cup etc , and MM deserves his moment in the Sun too.

I agree Gamms, I'm tired of seeing MM getting 2nd. For the horsie himself, I want to see him win. He deserves it. I'd quite like to see the local Credit Master run a nice race too. 

Now, I had to make another selection as 1 of mine was scratched.

R5 Storms Acoming

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Last year the hype was on Oscar Bonavena. Bolt for Brilliance is getting the same hype, will be interesting to see what happens with B 4 B and how he stacks up on New years eve in the National 

Yes Roman, it is going to be an exciting race. Be interesting to see what happens. I'm in Waikato now, ready to attend tomorrow. However it's raining 😟 This is not good for Camb tomorrow. Hope it clears ... Could throw a banner in works wet track. 

Credit Masters team have come out & said they hope to go out early, but likely hand up to MM, so trail at worst for Credit M pending no breaking. If that happens that would put MM in lead & Credit Master in trail. Add in a wet track ... am liking MM chances more. 

Even thinking of having a fun bet on MM, even tho I have rule 103 not to bet on trotters. Let's see ...

Hoping weather clears 🌦️🌞🙏

Oh yes & will declare myself the projected winner by default of pick a winner 😣

Edited by Karrots

15 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

rough and ready looked a nice horse when it won a workout as a 2yo in Canterbury . has been  a bit disappointing  but keep a eye on it karrots

Yes Hunts, I know that 1. It wears the same colours as Young Conqueror, whom a poster on here breed Young Conqueror. It got a couple of nice wins earlier, but has seemed to have tampered off atm. The stable it is with does well A Donnelly. Nice and competitive with Intermediate grade horses in North. Will keep an eye on it anyway 😊 

• Champ Post 1

I just watched Boxseat, & heard tactics of all 3. (Without any breaking), its going to be Majestic Man leading, Sundees Son parked, Bolt for B 1-1, likely Credit Master trail. That Sundees Son plans to attack down the back & MM to go hard the whole way. I'm not betting on MM unfortunately hearing that. Would of loved to hear horse will try to get a breather before he gets attacked.

I'll still be rooting for him tho, but will just watch. Nice piece on box-seat about Camb tho. 

Haha love it Sweet Lou.

21 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well Karrots , since you are throwing Banners instead of Spanners into the works , (safer that way)

here is a banner for you to enjoy and throw aroundSWEET-LOU

6 hours ago, Karrots said:

I just watched Boxseat, & heard tactics of all 3. (Without any breaking), its going to be Majestic Man leading, Sundees Son parked, Bolt for B 1-1, likely Credit Master trail. That Sundees Son plans to attack down the back & MM to go hard the whole way. I'm not betting on MM unfortunately hearing that. Would of loved to hear horse will try to get a breather before he gets attacked.

I'll still be rooting for him tho, but will just watch. Nice piece on box-seat about Camb tho. 

Haha love it Sweet Lou.

MM needs to run hard even sections to try and out stay SS and B4B if that is possible to do. As he isn't the fastest over the last 800m, but Brad will know what to do

1 hour ago, Roman said:

MM needs to run hard even sections to try and out stay SS and B4B if that is possible to do. As he isn't the fastest over the last 800m, but Brad will know what to do

Ok. Well still hope he can pull it off. It is not raining anymore. They have this comp which is put your name & chose if you are team BFB or SS, no MM (what happens if he wins). Anyway a name will be pulled out of the box & whose ever name gets pulled out gets a fixed $500 win bet on selected horse either B4B or SS. They also are having a dual sulky thing too involving drivers and jockeys, info on Camb raceway Facebook page or love racing for meeting 8th Jan. Nice promotions/marketing Camb 👍

131642170_2839501349602698_7432459293775849081_o.jpg

Edited by Karrots

12 hours ago, Roman said:

Last year the hype was on Oscar Bonavena. Bolt for Brilliance is getting the same hype, will be interesting to see what happens with B 4 B and how he stacks up on New years eve in the National 

I think Bolt For Brilliance will live up to the hype. You will probably beat him at Cambridge, good luck with your horse, but Alex Park will be different. I have seen a lot of good trotters in my time and Bolt For Brilliance looks the most promising trotter around at the moment to my eye. That is only my opinion of course. 

• Like 1

Excellent Dougie & Roman - so now it is a 3 horse race between the 3 of us, like the flying trotters mile will be today. I'll count points later tonight declare the winner 😁 

The weather is dizzling again on/off just fyi for punters. Might clear properly this afternoon ...

We also have a head to head between Forbs - Mary Robyn R1 and Gamms - Eighteen Carat R8 and Hunts - Rough & Ready R12. Horse that crosses line in best spot will be winner for this comp.

Myself today will select 2 horses from my selections to run a $20 ish multi on for my fun actual bet for today.

Happy punting peeps 😁

• Haha 1