Bit Of A Yarn

Cambridge

Karrots

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think that Hayden shouldve stayed up at Cambridge so that he could mentor his stable drivers!

Poor drive on Italian Lad, gave punters no chance whatsoever and stinking hot favourite!

Has the stable come back to the field, lets hope so!

Yes i just posted that on another thread.That was a shocking non trying drive on such a hot favorite.

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes
11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think that Hayden shouldve stayed up at Cambridge so that he could mentor his stable drivers!

Poor drive on Italian Lad, gave punters no chance whatsoever and stinking hot favourite!

Totally agree, although to be fair she has never been a very good driver, surely she won’t be one of the stables main drivers?!

Ben Butcher on the clear second pick did it drive much better, although that horse has been going poorly for months.

Both need to be asked why they never have their drives any chance.

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes a very unusual driving engagement on Italian Lad for a driver with only 200 odd drives, made  by Cullen ? Allstars ? somebody ? lol. 

Mark Purdon had All sorts of difficulties 2 starts ago driving that horse and had to make excuses to the stipes at Auckland. Pulled hard last start too for McKendry.

Not a great drive for the young lass. Maybe stable losing the Plot ???   lol.....

• Haha 2

Good win for Copy That tonight, well deserved!

As I say hopefully the worm has turned and the big stake money is going to be shared around!

I wouldnt guarantee it though, until the mentor and co. Are no longer involved!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 3

On 1/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, Gammalite said:

you do love your 'Cambridge corners' 

I'm not convinced !!! .......... (about your corners hehehe)

there is a NZ Cup winner!, and a Miracle Mile winner !  in the race, and You Just Can't Get any better than that . 

Say it Gamms, say it Cambridge Corners - I win our lil bet so brief bragging rights 😁 Copy That 😁

Late to the party here, as just had to check my account and see my winnings 😁rowan atkinson dancing GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Good win for Copy That tonight, well deserved!

As I say hopefully the worm has turned and the big stake money is going to be shared around!

Yes I finally yield and have to agree, great to see them AS 'back with the field ' for good racing's sake .

(Those two LA ROSA G1 races were great at Auckland as she tried to hold ALLstars out, narrowly missing Dec.

Today Didn't the old FIXER go well too, and 'Copy That ' easy in the end and very well deserved as you said.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Say it Gamms, say it Cambridge Corners - I win our lil bet so brief bragging rights 😁 Copy That 😁

Late to the party here, as just had to check my account and see my winnings 😁rowan atkinson dancing GIF

Hahahaha your Mr BOOMBastic mr bean dance moves Karrots , to celebrate the win. !!   well done.

• Like 1

That Italian Lad race. I had Jack Tar as my selections horse so was watching it. They ran an opening slick 40.2 I think the commentator said, that is burning hard. Thats fast lead up for Camb. I thought ok those back fav's need to get on their bikes, but they didn't. Said to the person watching with me, umm they are leaving it too late, or are they just running along too fast up front for them to make a move? Just checked time and it was a slick MR1.56.3 for Camb - Chilcott ran them along and just missed the win by a 1/2 head. The winner came off her back from the trail. 

Was it a bad drive on those favourites or did the driver on leader out smart them and never let them into it?

Still could of tried to make a move I suppose.

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Karrots said:

That Italian Lad race. I had Jack Tar as my selections horse so was watching it. They ran an opening slick 40.2 I think the commentator said, that is burning hard. Thats fast lead up for Camb. I thought ok those back fav's need to get on their bikes, but they didn't. Said to the person watching with me, umm they are leaving it too late, or are they just running along too fast up front for them to make a move? Just checked time and it was a slick MR1.56.3 for Camb - Chilcott ran them along and just missed the win by a 1/2 head. The winner came off her back from the trail. 

Was it a bad drive on those favourites or did the driver on leader out smart them and never let them into it?

Still could of tried to make a move I suppose.

Just watched that race again. No doubts in my mind it was just a very poor drive. Middle quarters in 31.9,then29.3 meant the leaders got a bit of a breather,and the best performed horse by far just sat there and gave them  an impossible start. I think the commentator was accurate when he said "the favorites surely could not be in it" at the point thornley still hadn't moved at the 400m..

Thornley said the horse felt lethargic.I think some horses just want to run naturally,and some just wait until they are asked to go and in this case Italian lad expected to be driven,not just have a passenger. Of course the reason for these comments about the drive is because the horses previous form was superior to those in that field.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

Just watched that race again. No doubts in my mind it was just a very poor drive. Middle quarters in 31.9,then29.3 meant the leaders got a bit of a breather,and the best performed horse by far just sat there and gave them  an impossible start. I think the commentator was accurate when he said "the favorites surely could not be in it" at the point thornley still hadn't moved at the 400m..

Thornley said the horse felt lethargic.I think some horses just want to run naturally,and some just wait until they are asked to go and in this case Italian lad expected to be driven,not just have a passenger. Of course the reason for these comments about the drive is because the horses previous form was superior to those in that field.

Yip agree. Me too re-watched again to answer my own question poor drive or out-driven. She had the opportunity to move when Banker moved. Will be interesting to see if Italian Lad, Spankem if any abnormalities come back as they getting blood tests re Stripes report.

On another note, was funny reading the owner of Copy Thats comments in latest Lincoln Farms article. He certainly didn't mince his words chuckles. 

In Melbourne Butterworth, while very pleased at the dominance of the win, was not getting too excited.

“We shouldn’t get carried away. It was a small track, he was in front, the others were out the back and Maurice controlled the race.

“I suppose that’s all he had to do and it’s nice to get the win after all the bad luck we've had and the team driving against us.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-that-all-the-way-in-1-53.2-demolition-but-miracle-mile-looking-increasingly-unlikely/

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, Gammalite said:

Not normal. Bloke Shoud have his Own colours as a Trainer. Very strange that Mark and Nats colours still going on horses 

Hey Gamms, I just read on other site, someone that looks like is or was connected to AS stable has said the colours will change to new colours for Cullen at the beginning of the new season. Great. That is clarity if correct.

Of course they have to understand that some of us that had been excited for him, and also said, he seems like a nice likeable man, were a bit puzzled to see him not get his first night in the spotlight. That along with the same colours & some contradictions created some confusion. 

Good it has kind of been addressed.

So being genuine, good luck to him I say moving forward. Will be interesting to see how he goes. Wait Iv said all that before. Oh well rinse and repeat. 

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 2

New season is 7 months away!

How long does it take to have colours made and approved?

Doesnt make sense if you are wanting to make a name for yourself, when you are hanging onto someone else’s success, by using their colours!

Is it the owners who want to keep the colours?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Doesnt make sense if you are wanting to make a name for yourself, when you are hanging onto someone else’s success, by using their colours!

The poster due to this sites comments on the issue - stating something like after reading this sites posts on issue. They were saying we are all a bit crazy etc, in our own world over here. I suppose thinking about it if you aren't posting here, then maybe we do could come across to some as crazy. I mean now I have discovered the Gifs, maybe that is odd to read. Its fun when you are posting tho. I love it. Hmm maybe Karrotts needs to ton down the Gifs. 

Anyway its good that they have addressed it to clear it up. Good and clear communication is key. Stops speculation.

9 minutes ago, Karrots said:

The poster due to this sites comments on the issue - stating something like after reading this sites posts on issue. They were saying we are all a bit crazy etc, in our own world over here. I suppose thinking about it if you aren't posting here, then maybe we do could come across to some as crazy.

Why waste your time reading their crap when you can read our crap?  Let alone worry about what is said!  Don't you find it amusing that a few hours after an interesting topic appears on BOAY it gets duplicated elsewhere?  

animation run away GIF by floatingwoo

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

I see 027 bit worried how well you are going on this channel chief . his mate just can't seem to inject anymore into there channel

I assume you mean JJ Flash not sure who 027 is.  For a brief period recently I did care a bit too much however some reassurance from some quality people PM'img me on BOAY got me back on track.

As long as those who can't defend themselves (e.g. our families) are not dragged into our spats, as long as people don't get fixated on ad hominem attacks and we stay within the laws of the land then who cares if we sometimes rant on like idiots!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Hey Brodster, must tell you all in case you didn't realise (and others), And Hope NZ follows suit.

THIS VERY Racing SEASON changed in Australia Harness, to be the NEW SEASON literally starting January 1st.

We now run on the Calender year as the Harness racing Season.

So on JAN 1st all the yearlings foaled in late 2018 have now just turned 2. And are actually 2 .

SO The past season the 2 year olds raced from Sept 1st 2019 right up to DEC 31st 2020 (16 months) They turned three from Jan 1st just gone.

This year they will have trials for 'Yearlings' towards the end of year , so READY TO RACE this time next year as brand New 2 year olds (that get the Bonus of being Able to race the whole year as a 2 year old now instead of just the 8 months) from now on. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hey Brodster, must tell you all in case you didn't realise (and others), And Hope NZ follows suit.

THIS VERY Racing SEASON changed in Australia Harness, to be the NEW SEASON literally starting January 1st.

We now run on the Calender year as the Harness racing Season.

So on JAN 1st all the yearlings foaled in late 2018 have now just turned 2. And are actually 2 .

SO The past season the 2 year olds raced from Sept 1st 2019 right up to DEC 31st 2020 (16 months) They turned three from Jan 1st just gone.

This year they will have trials for 'Yearlings' towards the end of year , so READY TO RACE this time next year as brand New 2 year olds (that get the Bonus of being Able to race the whole year as a 2 year old now instead of just the 8 months) from now on. 

Interesting!

Probably makes more sense due to foaling timing!

• Like 1

Wonder who won the Camb facebook comp free bet. I got a friend to enter for me & we would split the winnings if drawn as Im not on social media. Usually they announce winners on their Facebook page, but nada up yet. My friend kept asking me, as we were on the winner Copy That.

Regardless if we were drawn or not, hope they say who won the prize on their Facebook page. Would encourage me to participate again and to advise others on here.

@the galah how good was it that Call Me Trouble was not disqualified again in the last. Lost 10 lengths ish at start breaking, then got up to win just. Then of course the siren went off & I thought or no, not again for the poor horse & its connections. But yesss, it was officially announced winner, which on another note - gave me enough points to draw 1st equal in our selections comp with @Romanaka Peck & @Milo the dark horse (I think the 1 to watch) - coming in strong and competitive from the dogs chat. Watch out us. 

Edited by Karrots

12 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

And with the Sweet Lou winner 'THEE OLD BOMB ' winning for you too. You are THE BOMB Karrots !!!

Sweet Lou Quinella too. Bankers Gold 2nd. What a nice run by Bankers Gold, see him flash out wide around that Camb corner. Nearly a penalty free win for connections too, as they had a Jnr on Bankers Gold. Got my multi had Thee Old Bomb yess. So no Karrott rage. Only a small bet, but fun nevertheless. 

You Gamms the trouble maker lol. Planting potential seeds in Karrots head lol. Oh my. I never thought Id see the day. That is why it's so funny. Sweet Gamms lol. 

trouble alert GIF

• Haha 1