Bit Of A Yarn

Cambridge

Karrots

Huge big shout out to all those trainers who nom-ed Jrn drive Camb. Wow 15 noms. That is the most I think I have seen in North for quite some time. 

How wonderful for the young ones all will get a drive. All 9 of them. 

Had finished with this thread but this was too good not to mention. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eljay said:

''looks like the field will be selected by those who have confirmed drivers.    Is Miss Thornley still up north, that would get the club an extra starter if she was   

Hey Eljay,

Think I read priority would go to those who have not won a penalty free too. But I'm on ph & just took a quick glance so could be mistaken. 

Hopefully they have a couple of emergencies which they put in another race too, so should they get a scratching the Jnrs all still get a start.

Camb club seem quite smart tho. So likely do that. 

50 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Hey Eljay,

Think I read priority would go to those who have not won a penalty free too. But I'm on ph & just took a quick glance so could be mistaken. 

Hopefully they have a couple of emergencies which they put in another race too, so should they get a scratching the Jnrs all still get a start.

Camb club seem quite smart tho. So likely do that. 

Yes, that would have been part of the original conditions of the race - makes sense.    No use eliminating horses with no free win for a horse who has won a juniors race.     

4 hours ago, eljay said:

''looks like the field will be selected by those who have confirmed drivers.    Is Miss Thornley still up north, that would get the club an extra starter if she was   

12 in the race Eljay 12 😁 

All have drivers down bar 1 at this stage. Looks like 2 up from the South to make up the numbers.

• Like 1

Yeah - just 11 in North so perhaps one more up from south or a possible scratching with driver transferring.    Who knows - but we will find out soon no doubt.     Or a young trials driver promoted for the drive.     I seem to remember one of the Butcher boys drove at ?Tauherenikau? one year when insufficient drivers available (Zac?)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Karrots said:

12 in the race Eljay 12 😁 

All have drivers down bar 1 at this stage. Looks like 2 up from the South to make up the numbers.

Love the junior drivers races too Karrots !! usually some fun tactics lol...  Tony Herlihy mopped the floor with these in his day.

This of course has to be the next 'Meeting' for your championship !  Gammalite is getting a kicked ass , and needs to toughen up a bit ... heheh surely can get at least 2 points from Demolition Man !! lol.

BRODIE is in Race 2 !! good to see him having a go just like Gammalite (90 wins). could be win Number 1. for him and he is on his way to catching up . lol.

and my pick last week sounds like a good Queenslander ! and finished hard late. HEZACROCWATCHER !! he should get me points this week.??

• Like 1

Not sure there sorry Eljay, have only been following for about 2 ish years. Someone else might know tho ... 

Gamms - no, no, no, your not getting out of being organiser for the next 1 hehe.

Your pick and I thought you were keen on doing maybe an Oz meeting?

barking nicki minaj GIF by DNCEAnd your turn to yap at Chief for prizes for us too 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Not sure there sorry Eljay, have only been following for about 2 ish years. Someone else might know tho ... 

Gamms - no, no, no, your not getting out of being organiser for the next 1 hehe.

Your pick and I thought you were keen on doing maybe an Oz meeting?

barking nicki minaj GIF by DNCEAnd your turn to yap at Chief for prizes for us too 😁 

You have got to head Roman off yet to get a prize Karrots.

The oz racing pretty ordinary to pick/bet on at the trots. So is a No Go zone. heheh Cambridge Corners !!!

that's what we need. !! and Roman and Milo need to hold you off. !!!

You're yapping at their heals like a little Maltese Terrier. lol....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eljay said:

Yeah - just 9 in North so perhaps one more up from south or a possible scratching with driver transferring.    Who knows - but we will find out soon no doubt.     Or a young trials driver promoted for the drive.     I seem to remember one of the Butcher boys drove at ?Tauherenikau? one year when insufficient drivers available (Zac?)

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, eljay said:

Yeah - just 9 in North so perhaps one more up from south or a possible scratching with driver transferring.    Who knows - but we will find out soon no doubt. 

No scratching yet for the Jnr race. Im just happy for all the 9 North Jnrs they will ALL get a drive. Even if some of them don't get a drive again for a while. Yay, tomorrow is their day. Now don't blow it Jnrs, some of us, will be watching. Strategy, strategies, critical thinking. l'll be rooting for Y'all to All drive well - be it finishing in 1st or last place. Without any kamikazi driving. Bigger field at Camb, than last time makes it tricky for All, so a 3 wide line train starting at some point will it be ... Who will make the 1st move ...

D Gale, has got Jnr S O'Reilly & also for the highest rated race, going for the penalty free win   - (she won the Jnr champs last year didn't she). Of course you have to win, but at least his runner is in the game to potentially do so. 

Oh and I am quite happy on this forum, no need to move. Happy chatting away on here with my "Crazy friends in our own world".