Bit Of A Yarn

T Williams on Fire

Karrots

What is all the hoo ha about. Nothing lasts forever. 1 door closes another 1 opens. No doubt take away so much experience, improvement & memories, along with Group success. And also as a result will be a man in demand.

Come on, I mean look at the topic of this thread. He has already been noticed.

And has drives at the Jewels with multiple other stables. Some drivers have zero drives.

Besides can’t be entitled or get emotional about business decisions.

The only thing about it is the holiday sabbatical thing that was announced doesn’t seem like it now.

However in saying that, peeps are quite entitled to change minds/plans. Happens all the time.

I just realised this but not sure maybe Aimee poster might have the answers ... of course certain private matters perhaps should remain just that private. But on the other hand when there is public curiosity guess having answers does stop speculation & rumours or potential mis-information. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

Trotsfan, you are correct, why would Tim leave just before the Jewels Day?

Just remember everyone, the trainer is Hayden Cullen, as  Mark and Nat are taking a Claytons break from harness racing!

If you still believe that, you will still believe in the tooth fairy!

Tim is better away from it anyway!

• Champ Post 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, paleface adios said:

THE BRODSTERS ON THE MONEY HERE .they shat on best driver in the country in Blair

Bullshit. Blair Orange was not shat on by All Stars, just the opposite. I remember it clearly. At the time, Blair Orange left All Stars with blessing of Mark Purdon to form some sort of a partnership with Ken Barron. I remember Blair saying he discussed it with Mark before deciding to leave the stable. Rather than shitting on Orange, Purdon endorsed the move.

Unfortunately, I don't the think the partnership with Barron has been a success. I don't know the reasons but the Barron stables does not win many races these days compared to past seasons. 

Blair still drives occasionally for the All Stars and won a big race on Akuta recently. That is further proof that are you talking shit!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davis said:

Bullshit. Blair Orange was not shat on by All Stars, just the opposite. I remember it clearly. At the time, Blair Orange left All Stars with blessing of Mark Purdon to form some sort of a partnership with Ken Barron. I remember Blair saying he discussed it with Mark before deciding to leave the stable. Rather than shitting on Orange, Purdon endorsed the move.

Unfortunately, I don't the think the partnership with Barron has been a success. I don't know the reasons but the Barron stables does not win many races these days compared to past seasons. 

Blair still drives occasionally for the All Stars and won a big race on Akuta recently. That is further proof that are you talking shit!

if what your saying is true then why is Blair not driving the third stringers  

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, paleface adios said:

if what your saying is true then why is Blair not driving the third stringers  

What's your point?

Blair was shunted down the list of drivers when Natalie turned up.  Arguably there isn't much between them in driving skill but Natalie had a lot more skin in the All Stars operation than Blair.  In more ways than one.

With regard to the Jewels this Sunday you could argue that Blair has better drives than the All Stars third stringers.  Which you would expect from a top free-lance driver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What's your point?

Blair was shunted down the list of drivers when Natalie turned up.  Arguably there isn't much between them in driving skill but Natalie had a lot more skin in the All Stars operation than Blair.  In more ways than one.

With regard to the Jewels this Sunday you could argue that Blair has better drives than the All Stars third stringers.  Which you would expect from a top free-lance driver.

so what your saying we all have to agree with you . and no one else is aloud to have opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

so what your saying we all have to agree with you . and no one else is aloud to have opinion

I expressed my opinion and haven't stopped you from expressing yours.  I don't see any problems do you?

I just pointed out your logic doesn't make sense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I expressed my opinion and haven't stopped you from expressing yours.  I don't see any problems do you?

I just pointed out your logic doesn't make sense.

who cares who is driving what horses . I be more worried about the stablehands on the horse transporter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

who cares who is driving what horses . I be more worried about the stablehands on the horse transporter

For sure !! Blair Orange and Tim Williams have long lists of wins with Allstars horses. 

This is now a NEW stable and CULLEN Racing have the right to put on whoever they like to drive. Joshua Dickie won last time with SUNTAN , and Jonny Cox , also a very good driver. (won the feature race at Akld the other night) 

They've both scored some Cullen drives for the Jewels. Hope they do well. They drive well and are experienced.

For sure with the stablehands being important too. The DUNN team very lucky to be in business (got 14k fine as well) after 4 ( Four) positive swab disqualifications for Caffiene at Nelson three years ago???. 'Got-At' apparently?, Where were the transporter stablehands looking after their charges ?? mmmmm

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

@paleface adios was having a sly dig at the All Stars who had an issue with some stablehands who were looking after the horses on the float north a few years ago.

Yes anything can go 'Wrong' if you don't have the right stablehands. Especially with an Ice epidemic around these days. Chris Waller even had a horse disqualified and got huge fine.

Sharrock and the greyhound lady over NZ recently too, place has gone nuts?

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It will be interesting to see how Tim's UDR trends now that he is free-lancing.  Arguably it might improve as he'll get more drives of the best horses from other stables.

Well he get's the chance to Beat his favourite drive (Bettor Twist) on Sunday in the 3 yearold fillies jewel . 

'BettorTwist' and 'La Rosa' fighting out group 1's with 1/2 head between them on a few occasions, and now he (TIM with OFFandGONE ) can sit right on them from the 1 alley and dive-bomb late ??   Ben Butcher did Exactly that with ENJOY ME in the sires stakes final Group 1 on New Year's Eve. (to win that feature from BT and LaR from 1 alley)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

For sure !! Blair Orange and Tim Williams have long lists of wins with Allstars horses. 

This is now a NEW stable and CULLEN Racing have the right to put on whoever they like to drive. Joshua Dickie won last time with SUNTAN , and Jonny Cox , also a very good driver. (won the feature race at Akld the other night) 

They've both scored some Cullen drives for the Jewels. Hope they do well. They drive well and are experienced.

For sure with the stablehands being important too. The DUNN team very lucky to be in business (got 14k fine as well) after 4 ( Four) positive swab disqualifications for Caffiene at Nelson three years ago???. 'Got-At' apparently?, Where were the transporter stablehands looking after their charges ?? mmmmm

Gammalite, it is not a new stable at all!

Purdon/Rasmussen are just as much running the stable as they were before they made the statement that they were taking a break from the stable!!!!!!!!

Do you really believe that Hayden Cullen is giving orders to Nat?????? Lol

• Champ Post 1

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Purdon/Rasmussen are just as much running the stable as they were before they made the statement that they were taking a break from the stable!!!!!!!!

gammalite giving out the orders. knows all the stable stats 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

All good Brodster. they're sharing some credit around , as am sure they all work hard at it .

I tell ya what , I'd be listening to Nat . I watched that Box seat , (for the second time ever) on the harness racing site,  to get the Jewels preview.

And Nat was on a laptop cross and was totally Honest about every race , and just about Knows what is gunna happen in those races already. She was super polite about rivals and straight to the Point. 

I know you won't watch it , but if you happen too, you'll be IMPRESSED , she's fairly Dominant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

All good Brodster. they're sharing some credit around , as am sure they all work hard at it .

I tell ya what , I'd be listening to Nat . I watched that Box seat , (for the second time ever) on the harness racing site,  to get the Jewels preview.

And Nat was on a laptop cross and was totally Honest about every race , and just about Knows what is gunna happen in those races already. She was super polite about rivals and straight to the Point. 

I know you won't watch it , but if you happen too, you'll be IMPRESSED , she's fairly Dominant.

what's your best drive on jewels day?