Bit Of A Yarn

T Williams on Fire

Karrots

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Orange is first and foremost a driver.  I doubt he has the skills to organise systems nor be a fine detail person in all parts of the system.

Bullshit Brodie you are inferring once again that there is some form of illegal activity happening that explains their performance.  Yet there has been no evidence found.

Keep looking under mushrooms Brodster.

Chief, I hate Mushrooms, disgusting tasting fungus, why would you?

Where did I ever say that what they did or used was illegal?

What I do know is that they clearly do things that all other trainers do not do!!!!!

I reiterate, has no affect on my dealings whatsoever, however I totally have sincere concerns for the industry if the dominance of the group races continues!

However, I do not believe that they will be training in partnership in 2 or 3 years in NZ!

Maybe I wont be on the money, but I would take evens on it!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Despite a few blimps on the radar, I would consider Blair Orange to probably be pretty intelligent, going by his harness horse driving!

Blair Orange spent many years working at the AllStars Stables as far as I am aware!

The question needs to be asked then, If it was all because of these best training techniques, best eye, best vets etc. you would think then that when Blair went to Ken Baron’s, he would take all these BEST things to him?

For all these BEST things, it did not work at Baron’s which ks surprising!

Maybe there just is some other type of BEST that AllStars use, Just Asking?

training in the dark makes them run . over here you got to work them first light because of the heat . night training for night racing

• Like 1

Why is no-one talking about this. No one read the article on HRNZ ... 

Mentioned it on the Nom fav drive 2021 thread, re a rivalry & its only going to heat up Cant wait til its read HOT.

Well grab your popcorn folks, tickets are on sale now, movie release date April 2022, early bird ticket price $10.

Synopsis:

After dominating the Harness scene for a decade the Southern pair that put glamour into the sport, handed the baton over in a surprise move that shocked the industry. However along with glamour came distain. The North have been the 1st to act mobilising a team & preparing for battle to place the South under seize.

Following a shock resignation from the A Team, Team Telfer were quick to act, requesting the services of this gentleman to take their side on the battlefield.

After a recent on-field field position tussle between Team A & Team Telfor the battle grounds have been laid down.

Who will come out victor? Will the A Team hold onto its power & glamour or has the North in Team Telfor mobilised too much quietly in the background, and is it too late?

Starring - N Rass, M.P Cullen, Telfors, Butchers with special guest T Williams

Name of movie

Team Telfer verse Team Cullen (A Team)

41 minutes ago, Jones said:

Mentioned it on the Nom fav drive 2021 thread, re a rivalry & its only going to heat up Cant wait til its read HOT.

Well grab your popcorn folks, tickets are on sale now, movie release date April 2022, early bird ticket price $10.

Synopsis:

After dominating the Harness scene for a decade the Southern pair that put glamour into the sport, handed the baton over in a surprise move that shocked the industry. However along with glamour came distain. The North have been the 1st to act mobilising a team & preparing for battle to place the South under seize.

Following a shock resignation from the A Team, Team Telfer were quick to act, requesting the services of this gentleman to take their side on the battlefield.

After a recent on-field field position tussle between Team A & Team Telfor the battle grounds have been laid down.

Who will come out victor? Will the A Team hold onto its power & glamour or has the North in Team Telfor mobilised too much quietly in the background, and is it too late?

Name of movie

Where does Cullen come into it?

He is surely only the understudy?

I await the sequel!

1 hour ago, Jones said:

Synopsis:

Name of movie

The thing is we heard that the telfers were to set up a satellite stable in canterbury a year ago.

All we have seen since is horses with wraps on them come down and normally disappoint. Thats the reality so far.Why would it change? You have to remember Canterbury has far greater depth in its training ranks than auckland.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, the galah said:

The thing is we heard that the telfers were to set up a satellite stable in canterbury a year ago.

All we have seen since is horses with wraps on them come down and normally disappoint. Thats the reality so far.Why would it change? You have to remember Canterbury has far greater depth in its training ranks than auckland.

Didn’t hear that re satellite stable.

What I did however observe was a huge purchase numbers wise, in weanling and yearlings last year and this year (which I pointed out). Backed on by an already not bad stable.

Guerin was the 1st to publically point it out stating he believed in a few years Telfers could become the top leading stable. Karrots soon after backed that up. Now Knight has come out also highlighting the huge training team & so on.

We have the Williams saga unfolding & also remember Nats fav catch phrase is “I’m not here to make friends”.

The Northern drivers understand that, and make them work for it when they venture North. Remember how they posted Williams (All Stars) out 3 wide on Aladdin who then only placed.

Of note there was only 1 horse that handed up to Nat willing on Jewels day and that horse had a Southern driver race 9.

Even D Ferg (holding his ground) & young Jnr A Drake (holding lead) were giving it to them. There were NO Cullen Trifectas as a result.

They (Cullen/A Team) won’t be getting it their own way, when Team Telfer really come to town.

Wonder which team have the best horses next year as 2 y-os … ?

Check out the story on HRNZ if you have not yet read it.

Edited by Jones
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jones said:

The Northern drivers understand that, and make them work for it when they venture North. Remember how they posted Williams (All Stars) out 3 wide on Aladdin who then only placed.

Jones,to update you on Aladdin,who you may have followed if still local,being by Sweet Lou.🤩

After competing in The Northern Derby back in March,he clocked a pair of seconds,then crossed The Tasman.

Won first up at Mildura as $2.10 fav.

Won week later at Globe Derby South Australian Derby $30k Group 3 as $1.10 fav.(Yes $1.10)

Last Night at Menangle as $2.30 shot,broke in runup and lost all chance.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, Taupiri Wonder said:

Jones,to update you on Aladdin,who you may have followed if still local,being by Sweet Lou.🤩

After competing in The Northern Derby back in March,he clocked a pair of seconds,then crossed The Tasman.

Won first up at Mildura as $2.10 fav.

Won week later at Globe Derby South Australian Derby $30k Group 3 as $1.10 fav.(Yes $1.10)

Last Night at Menangle as $2.30 shot,broke in runup and lost all chance.

specking of south Australian horsewomen Danielle hill brings up 1940 career wins  outstanding effort after big race fall not that long ago

Edited by paleface adios
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

specking of south Australian horsewomen Danielle hill brings up 1940 career wins  outstanding effort after big race fall not that long ago

Danielle !! yet another treasure of the harness racing Australasia.

That big crash in the 2019 SA derby broke her leg , and in true Deja-vu, in exactly that same spot in front of the Globe Derby stand  , Danielle had another horrific crash in 2010, and had severe head injuries and lost an EYE. !!! She came back over a year later to regain/restart her fine driving career. 

NOTE too, in 2009 , the year before she lost an eye, Danielle Hill WON the Australasian Young drivers championship beating Dexter Dunn and Nathan Williamson into the placings. (run in Qld)  fantastic effort to do that  !!!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Danielle !! yet another treasure of the harness racing Australasia.

That big crash in the 2019 SA derby broke her leg , and in true Deja-vu, in exactly that same spot in front of the Globe Derby stand  , Danielle had another horrific crash in 2010, and had severe head injuries and lost an EYE. !!! She came back over a year later to regain/restart her fine driving career. 

NOTE too, in 2009 , the year before she lost an eye, Danielle Hill WON the Australasian Young drivers championship beating Dexter Dunn and Nathan Williamson into the placings. (run in Qld)  fantastic effort to do that  !!!

I forgot she lost her eye in that crash .just another outstanding south Australia driver she should be DAME DANIELLE HILL wayne Hill outstanding driver too. growing up as kid whirly dream was great horse loved when it come to PORT PIRIE to race

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paleface adios said:

growing up as kid whirly dream was great horse loved when it come to PORT PIRIE to race

well here's a great shot for you and some kiwi's . WHIRLEY DREAM , a terrific chestnut pacer ,(not as pretty as Gammalite) but winning 70 races from 175 career starts. 

Here's a highlight !!!!!!   WHIRLEY DREAM is Running down the brilliant defending Interdominion Champion MY LIGHTNING BLUE (who won the I'dom final in Christchurch the year before, as well as NZ CUP) 

Whirley (nor Blue either) DID NOT make the 88 Grand Final at Harold Park, after this race !!!  

Champions LUXURY LINER nz, VILLAGE KID wa, and BAG LIMIT vic (vinny Knight) all were in the Grand Final , and were all UNPLACED ???? wow! . was hard to beat any of them too. Grand Final was won by the 'Knight second string'  NZ bred 'Our MAESTRO' (Binskin driving)

The background unplaced horse in this photo (representing QLD) is ex kiwi Brydon Duke  with ex-pat Kiwi John Newberry driving. John was in QLD many years , now still racing in country Victoria , with very mild results these days.

DSC02221.JPG

• Like 3

On 6/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Gammalite said:

well here's a great shot for you and some kiwi's . WHIRLEY DREAM , a terrific chestnut pacer ,(not as pretty as Gammalite) but winning 70 races from 175 career starts. 

Here's a highlight !!!!!!   WHIRLEY DREAM is Running down the brilliant defending Interdominion Champion MY LIGHTNING BLUE (who won the I'dom final in Christchurch the year before, as well as NZ CUP) 

Whirley (nor Blue either) DID NOT make the 88 Grand Final at Harold Park, after this race !!!  

Champions LUXURY LINER nz, VILLAGE KID wa, and BAG LIMIT vic (vinny Knight) all were in the Grand Final , and were all UNPLACED ???? wow! . was hard to beat any of them too. Grand Final was won by the 'Knight second string'  NZ bred 'Our MAESTRO' (Binskin driving)

The background unplaced horse in this photo (representing QLD) is ex kiwi Brydon Duke  with ex-pat Kiwi John Newberry driving. John was in QLD many years , now still racing in country Victoria , with very mild results these days.

DSC02221.JPG

who is going to win the big race tonight in the Wild West gammalite shock wave or Chicago Bull? shock wave has best draw but bleed last start and has not raced for ages . im picking to win lol .but Garry hall is big race driver 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

who is going to win the big race tonight in the Wild West gammalite shock wave or Chicago Bull? shock wave has best draw but bleed last start and has not raced for ages . im picking to win lol .but Garry hall is big race driver 

Hi Paleface,

Iv thinking now you not Hunts. So keep posting and don't mind me. That was Chief. He started it. Anyway moving on.

14 hours ago, paleface adios said:

great win by shock wave how good is this horse . 

• Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, paleface adios said:

great win by shock wave how good is this horse . 

That was Amazing !!! a 7 length win in a FFA , he was like Lazarus last night Winter Cup. super impressive.!!

after his many 2nds last year to Chicago Bull , SHOCK WAVE has stepped up to take the mantel of Best on Track.!!!

SHOCKWAVE could be the next King of Swing ? best in Australia . 

WA has churned out a heap of front running Beauties of all time over the years !!! I have seen many lead and win Interdominions !  SAN SIMEON, JACK MORRIS, BALTIC EAGLE, PREAUX CHEVALIER and VILLAGE KID.

and my personal favourite was I"M THEMIGHTYQUINN for WA as because he won 3 Interdominions !! and powered home from back in the field for his wins mainly, (and Quinn knocked off champion Queenslander 'Blacks a Fake' to stop that horse winning 5 Interdominion Finals for Nat lol....)

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2021 at 8:52 AM, Jones said:

Synopsis:

Name of movie

Yeaha, peeps started to get it now?! TBC

Edited by Karrotsisback

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, Jones said:

What is all the hoo ha about. Nothing lasts forever. 1 door closes another 1 opens. No doubt take away so much experience, improvement & memories, along with Group success. And also as a result will be a man in demand.

Come on, I mean look at the topic of this thread. He has already been noticed.

The only thing about it is the holiday sabbatical thing that was announced doesn’t seem like it now.

Was just thinking about this post, 

Didn't age too badly. 

Reason thought about it, was noted M Purdon drove at the trials this week. Didn't think that was part of the holiday sabbatical thing. But whatevas peeps entitled to change mind. Got me thinking that the sabbatical starting to draw to a close. 

Went to M Purdons & N Rass combined profile & no trainer license up, went to each individual & M Purdon ONLY has a trainers license. Recall them stating most likely Purdon will return after 1 year, but on a lot smaller scale. So my next thought is many horses/owners will that take off Cullen ...

This change up for Williams re Telfer move, I can foresee this being a good result for him, oppose staying on.

But I guess we wait & see what transpires.