Bit Of A Yarn

T Williams on Fire

Karrots

Back on topiic Hayden Cullen has put his jewels drivers in and Tim Williams not even on 3rd stringers.Obviously left at short notice and not on good terms hard to believe as you couldn,t meet a nicer guy anyone got any inside word on this 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Trotsfan said:

Back on topiic Hayden Cullen has put his jewels drivers in and Tim Williams not even on 3rd stringers.Obviously left at short notice and not on good terms hard to believe as you couldn,t meet a nicer guy anyone got any inside word on this 

I don't think you can say that with certainty. Tim Williams chose to leave so he cannot expect to get Cullen stable drives now. I am sure he will probably get drives for the stable in future but not at the Jewels. Williams has done well from his association with the All Stars; he wouldn't have driven as many winners for big stakes with another stable. He has been luckier than most drivers. 

• Like 1

If I was him, Id be making a call to Telfers or at least introducing myself and putting forward my credentials as a driver. Looking ahead to the future with the HUGE number of yearlings they have & with setting up a South Stable in Nov this year. Along with their North 1.

4 minutes ago, Davis said:

I don't think you can say that with certainty. Tim Williams chose to leave so he cannot expect to get Cullen stable drives now. I am sure he will probably get drives for the stable in future but not at the Jewels. Williams has done well from his association with the All Stars; he wouldn't have driven as many winners for big stakes with another stable. He has been luckier than most drivers. 

Agreed.  I'm sure he has learnt more than the average person by working for the All Stars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jones said:

If I was him, Id be making a call to Telfers or at least introducing myself and putting forward my credentials as a driver. Looking ahead to the future with the HUGE number of yearlings they have & with setting up a South Stable in Nov this year. Along with their North 1.

Keep up Karrots.  Tim is driving Alta Wiseguy in the 3yo Emerald.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Davis said:

Maybe Tim was not going to get any drives from the stable, even if he was still there!!

Maybe the orders are not being given by the person named as the current trainer in the racebook!

Brodie as always, “on the money”.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Tim Williams chose to leave so he cannot expect to get Cullen stable drives now. I am sure he will probably get drives for the stable in future but not at the Jewels.

Could he beat his old drive BettorTwist ? slim hope in race 3.

47 minutes ago, Davis said:

Williams has done well from his association with the All Stars; he wouldn't have driven as many winners for big stakes with another stable. He has been luckier than most drivers. 

Yeah, even on their very last night of action by Allstars on Dec 31st, Tim won the 200k race with ALADDIN defeating Mark on 'Shan Noble'.

A juicy driving fee from the 107k first prize for Tim on Aladdin,  and a great drive by him too. 

With Tim's new drive OFFandGONE drawn 1 in the fillies Jewel  Race 3, is must be a tiny chance of knocking off his old drive BettorTwist (who's drawn 8  ) ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Maybe Tim was not going to get any drives from the stable, even if he was still there!!

Maybe the orders are not being given by the person named as the current trainer in the racebook!

Brodie as always, “on the money”.

Nup once again Brodie thinks he is on the money.

I doubt any of those involved would have burnt bridges.  Clearly the number of horses in work is less than before so opportunities for Tim would have been less.

Fine young man who has served his time at the best stable in the country.  Perhaps time for him to go for it on his own account.

I'm sure he'll make a better job of it than some younger ones have recently.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

I doubt any of those involved would have burnt bridges.  Clearly the number of horses in work is less than before so opportunities for Tim would have been less.

Fine young man who has served his time at the best stable in the country.  Perhaps time for him to go for it on his own account.

THE BRODSTERS ON THE MONEY HERE .they shat on best driver in the country in Blair

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

THE BRODSTERS ON THE MONEY HERE .they shat on best driver in the country in Blair

Shat on him ???   17 days ago he drove the winner of a 200k race AKUTA for Mark and Cullens (part owners) 

That's BIG shit !!  and a a drive on near the best horse in the country. Well done to all of them !! good shit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Chief, Brodie is on the money!

True story will come out no doubt!

Yes Tim is a fine bloke and did a great job for the stable over a number of years, and I have no doubt will succeed in The future!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Chief, Brodie is on the money!

True story will come out no doubt!

Yes Tim is a fine bloke and did a great job for the stable over a number of years, and I have no doubt will succeed in The future!

the Dunn stable will have even more fire power with Tim driving. go the Dunn stable

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

How is it "Obvious"?

A couple of things there is no plan like when Blair moved on to barrons which was also out publicly b4 it happened  Tim was driving there horses on the previous Friday and MG announces 4 days later on box seat he's leaving on the  Friday not saying he's moving to another  exciting opportunity just leaving ,it's was so close to the jewels . It doesn't add up to me chief 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1