Bit Of A Yarn

T Williams on Fire

Karrots

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really know which thread to put this under. Some may have already seen video. But for those that haven't & are interested. 

Nat & M.P have a 24 min video - was posted a few days ago.

They cover a range of things. Nat may do a Uni course. How they didn't particularly like it when they had a bunch of runners in 1 race, due thinking of their owners etc. I thought it was a good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJVNvo3iDg&feature=emb_logo

6 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Don't really know which thread to put this under. Some may have already seen video. But for those that haven't & are interested. 

Nat & M.P have a 24 min video - was posted a few days ago.

They cover a range of things. Nat may do a Uni course. How they didn't particularly like it when they had a bunch of runners in 1 race, due thinking of their owners etc. I thought it was a good watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJVNvo3iDg&feature=emb_logo

I just don't get it, if they want out they want out?  Not just helping out part time, driving the real good horses when it suits.

This time next year Mark and Nat doing it again I'm picking.  But I really don't get it, thought they would get out of it completely for a bit .....

13 minutes ago, boobybec said:

I just don't get it, if they want out they want out?  Not just helping out part time, driving the real good horses when it suits.

This time next year Mark and Nat doing it again I'm picking.  But I really don't get it, thought they would get out of it completely for a bit .....

Hey Becs,

Yay someone to talk to. Yes I admit, I was suss early days, then even not so long ago. I felt the video explained a bit.

There was only 1 contradiction I picked up was when they were talking about passive income.

Eg how most trainers don't set themselves up to have a passive income, that their business model was set to do that. 

But other than that I was happy with their explanations etc on things. And how they plan to get a caravan or have 1 already to travel around in. 

30 minutes ago, boobybec said:

I'm getting the vibe that Nat is out. That she is done. For whatever reason ... If she comes back will be on a very small limited scale. 

Btw Shanlou came in again Thursday at big place money again, if you got on her 😁

11 hours ago, Karrots said:

I'm getting the vibe that Nat is out. That she is done. For whatever reason ... If she comes back will be on a very small limited scale. 

Btw Shanlou came in again Thursday at big place money again, if you got on her 😁

I did actually watch that video in the end.  Maybe I'm being too cynical.  As we know massive hours they put in, most stables do it for love.  Very few being the exception.

Maybe I'll change my view there, fair play to them.  Very few better freelance drivers than M Purdon and N Rasmussen either.

• Like 3

Cant fault their reasons, Mark always been a gentleman, I just want them completely gone so that the usual $1.20- $1.40 shots in markets arent the usual procession, anyone that takes a $1.20 shot consistently Will lose in the long run, They for excitable dickheads like JJ Flasher.  It affects all punting prospects on a premier day, treble becomes doubles, quaddies become trebles or doubles, good for the rich owners!   but not for other owners and trainers  and especially not for punters.

Nice people but the less they have to do with harness racing now the better and fairer for others, But I cant see things changing that much, The blood spinning passive income will still be given to the stable runners, and mark driving they will still have the advantage.

Amazing dream was amazing as usual the other day, The name in the book may have changed but not much else.

They will make this arrangement a success like everything they have done before them.

If lucky might get a few $1.80 shots and then back down to the crumbs!

• 1 month later...
Guest CrossCodes

How Castelo De Vide was so hyped up I have no idea, a maiden winner at its last start, trained by a nobody who was up against a couple of proven Allstar runners and it went out odds on? Was the first horse beaten at the 600m! Maybe Keast doesn’t have the same stuff McGrath did, or is simply a worse trainer, either way I cannot fathom why this horse has been so hyped up. 

7 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

How Castelo De Vide was so hyped up I have no idea, a maiden winner at its last start, trained by a nobody who was up against a couple of proven Allstar runners and it went out odds on? Was the first horse beaten at the 600m! Maybe Keast doesn’t have the same stuff McGrath did, or is simply a worse trainer, either way I cannot fathom why this horse has been so hyped up. 

I agree,Castelo De Vide may make a nice horse in  the future but nothing great and was way under odds.But I was pleased as made for a very nice wee trifecta.I boxed 4 and left it out and took the 2 All Star and 2 Dunn horses

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

better trainer than you cross dresser

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Richie said:

Im thinking that if M,Purdon  was down as trainer the last 2 All Stars winners would have been at least $1 less to win.Nice work Hayden Cullen keep filling up my pockets.

The whale has a lot to do with the prices of these horses as well. The keast horse is a nice horse,and hes trains well,just it was a big ask to expect it to beat horses with better records and more race experience.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Bad Post 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 9:15 AM, Karrots said:

Is this a driver on fire or what?

He drove 5 winners yesterday as per results. Taking a look at these stats he holds 3rd spot. But would he actually be the top NZ driver if he drove the same/similar amount as the current top driver?

Thoughts people?

Starts   Wins   2nd   3rd     Stake         UDR

Blair Orange 645 106 81 71 1,148,426 0.2708
John Dunn 410 63 47 40 882,151 0.2499
Tim Williams 253 47 23 29 784,819 0.2745

News from Boxseat is the man on fire, is leaving Cullens barn and going solo.

Watch out B Orange tehe. 

• Like 2

On 5/03/2021 at 9:23 PM, the galah said:

The whale has a lot to do with the prices of these horses as well. The keast horse is a nice horse,and hes trains well,just it was a big ask to expect it to beat horses with better records and more race experience.

Explain ?? how much turnover is generated by the whale? He has all of a sudden getting first pick at nice atrracted odds albeit by telling everybody what his timeless assessment is!

SHOW US OF AN EXAMPLE OF WHERE THE WHALE COULD HAVE OR WOULD HAVE PROFITed!

11 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Explain ?? how much turnover is generated by the whale? He has all of a sudden getting first pick at nice atrracted odds albeit by telling everybody what his timeless assessment is!

You and the whale are restriicted? quad core occupation, ask the tab admin for a printout if you are old school

16 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

On 5/03/2021 at 9:23 PM, the galah said:

How much turnover is spoiled by the whale? looking for answers from the the galah and Brodie 

Just the facts please gentlemen?

On 5/03/2021 at 6:16 PM, Richie said:

Im thinking that if M,Purdon  was down as trainer the last 2 All Stars winners would have been at least $1 less to win.Nice work Hayden Cullen keep filling up my pockets.

16 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

wHAT POCKET WAS THAT RICHIE RICH THE BULLRICHER!! aT LEAST A DOLLAR !!! OVER 100% EXPECTATION,L WONDER WHY THAT WAS MISSED BY THESE TAX HOUNDS?

11 hours ago, Jones said:

News from Boxseat is the man on fire, is leaving Cullens barn and going solo.

Watch out B Orange tehe. 

Forgot to mention I will be rooting for him to do well free-lance. Good on him for taking the initiative 👍

Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

I am going to leave now so please delete, its a bitter and distasteful trash site and I will be submitting under the digital communications act (witnessed illegal acts) 

Go for it.  But be advised you won't be able to be anonymous if you make a formal complaint of the type you are suggesting.  The irony being of course that it is mainly your posts that are in question.  So will you effectively be complaining against yourself?

I've put you on moderation AGAIN - which means every post you make will be reviewed before being made public.  My apologies to those BOAY'ers that @whiplash smile has had an uncalled for go at.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

bold move by Tim but the right move . what's the odds of him moving over here and be the tops like jack trainor he's flying as a driver and trainer and the likes of Jason grimson 

and kiwi's Anthony Butt and his partner Sonya Smith are smashing it in Oz too!!. Group 1's , 3rd in Miracle Mile ,++++

Is better the NZ champions being/going  to Oz than going to stupid America like Dexter Dunn did anyway. 

• Like 1