Bit Of A Yarn

Hayden Cullen learnt well!

Chief Stipe

54 minutes ago, Jones said:

I have noticed all you do is hit the negative button oppose (which very view on here use) Mr who talks about over-reaction of others, offering up no reason for your dislike of the post to present your viewpoint and why, which would be so much better to get an understanding of what exactly it was that you disagree with but nope just hit the dirty old bad post button on a regular basis. Which you have done here yet again to Gamms. 

I hope i'm better at guessing than hunter,but i think i know who ludwig is. I'm guessing if you met ludwig in real life you would get on very well. Who really knows anyone,but  from what i know he has done things in life i think someone like you would appreciate and respect. I agree its not always easy to work out where someones coming from if they don't give a reply,but over time it becomes clearer.

I see ludwig referring to some being 'super sensitive tulips". That reminds me of this boss of an organisation i once worked for.He was a sensitive soul."I said to him one day....This is meant in a positive way,because i think being sensitive is a good thing,but you shouldn't take things to heart so much if someone doesn't agree with you..... well blow me down,he stopped talking to me for 6 months after that,and that was all i said. We're all different. 

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Thats a hard one to be sure of. No denying Udr and on track performances have improved.

If you look at their winners akuta,bettor twist and samhara . What was noticeable was how they pulled away easily right at the finish of races run in very fast time

is the swabbing analyst a drivers mother

• Haha 1

Oh my goodness guys this isn’t about me. Its about Gamms. I’m just telling him to keep posting. When someone states “they will stop posting” they have prob reached breaking point for whatever reason.

Have done the same too with Brods when he once declared he would stop posting & another time private messaged Mikie & encouraged him to keep posting, when he declared he would stop. Mikie has unfortunately only posted once since.

Chief was nice enough to reach out to encourage me to keep posting until 30 June.

41 minutes ago, the galah said:

I agree its not always easy to work out where someones coming from if they don't give a reply,but over time it becomes clearer.

Yes I figured that Ludwig. Suspect he is a Nat voter & he thought I was a Lab voter, so just started down liking when I said just one positive news thing Arden had internationally re Covid. When in fact I am NOT any specific voter. Which tots contradicts his post on over-reacting etc & not handling it or liking it when others don’t agree with you.

He tots took the whole encouraging Pembroke Playboy/Williamson the wrong way too. But Im not going to get into that. Who is the sensitive one.

Anyway nice to hear I would prob get on with Ludwig, from what you say most probably would. Sounds like a wonderful human.

Im not going to reply again to this thread.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, the galah said:

I hope i'm better at guessing than hunter,but i think i know who ludwig is. I'm guessing if you met ludwig in real life you would get on very well. Who really knows anyone,but  from what i know he has done things in life i think someone like you would appreciate and respect. I agree its not always easy to work out where someones coming from if they don't give a reply,but over time it becomes clearer.

I see ludwig referring to some being 'super sensitive tulips". That reminds me of this boss of an organisation i once worked for.He was a sensitive soul."I said to him one day....This is meant in a positive way,because i think being sensitive is a good thing,but you shouldn't take things to heart so much if someone doesn't agree with you..... well blow me down,he stopped talking to me for 6 months after that,and that was all i said. We're all different. 

I don't even know who Ludwig is😀. Even the nurses who put me in isolation don't know who Ludwig is. The meds are meant to help, but I see spots.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, the galah said:

I always wished that my mother in law would stop talking to me...alas, no. But on this site there is the blessing of the mute button.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gammalite said:

A great question Brodster. I disagree though. He has outstanding success over decades , and doesn't get accused of things like Mark does ??  Big Barry has 'Always' had great horses too.!! 

He trained Mark Hanover to win Interdominion , Luxary Liner, CHOKIN to win miracle miles, Holmes DG who i did an article on recently, but got No reply from anyone. was surprised as surely someone appreciates good horses? 

Improved the Hopes best horse 'White Sox' to win heats of the last Interdominion run (and in fact, trained a placegetter in that Grand final too, MACH SHARD, behind Nat on Ultimate Sniper for Allstars) Barry won plenty with Belle of Montana recent times. 

A whole Catelogue of Success for decades as well , just like Mark (except even Longer)

He is a dominant force ! was leading trainer many years with dad Roy, and still winning 4 decades later.

Not as Professional ????????????????  did you really say that ??? one of NZ 's best ever winners in harness????

Years ago Gamma!

Things have changed dramatically!

Why?

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Years ago Gamma!

Things have changed dramatically!

Why?

Lets have a look and see what is wrong then. compare to recent past seasons and your immeadiate opponents.

firstly, Must say CULLEN is running at a success rate Exactly the same as ALLSTARS last year .  He achieves 1 Win every 4 starters.

NZ's other leading stable DUNN's is very consistant with very close to 100 wins from 600 starters every season. They achieve near 1 Win every 6 starters.

In the North Island, BARRY PURDON past 2 completed seasons 2019, 2020 had exactly 1 win every 4 starters (same as brother-in law Tony HERLIHY, a main opponent, ) and a Very strong win rate same as Allstars. 

Their 'main 'opponents are RAY GREEN (1 Win every 6 ) and Steve TELFER ( consistantly has 1 win every 7 starters every season  ) 

This 2021 season Barry is recording 1 Win every 8 starters. so yes I guess that is dramatic . Herlihy , only one Win each 7 starters now as well . dramatic too?

SUMMARY, You are correct !!  a dramatic drop off for BARRY P and TONY H. just this season though .still same as Telfer or Green strike-rate though roughly. 

WHY you ask ????? Ranga is right I suspect, They got OLDER, and after years of success at the VERY TOP , I say a sleep-in and a small drop -off . very well deserved !!!!   Champions of the sport !.  good on em'

21 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Lets have a look and see what is wrong then. compare to recent past seasons and your immeadiate opponents.

firstly, Must say CULLEN is running at a success rate Exactly the same as ALLSTARS last year .  He achieves 1 Win every 4 starters.

NZ's other leading stable DUNN's is very consistant with very close to 100 wins from 600 starters every season. They achieve near 1 Win every 6 starters.

In the North Island, BARRY PURDON past 2 completed seasons 2019, 2020 had exactly 1 win every 4 starters (same as brother-in law Tony HERLIHY, a main opponent, ) and a Very strong win rate same as Allstars. 

Their 'main 'opponents are RAY GREEN (1 Win every 6 ) and Steve TELFER ( consistantly has 1 win every 7 starters every season  ) 

This 2021 season Barry is recording 1 Win every 8 starters. so yes I guess that is dramatic . Herlihy , only one Win each 7 starters now as well . dramatic too?

SUMMARY, You are correct !!  a dramatic drop off for BARRY P and TONY H. just this season though .still same as Telfer or Green strike-rate though roughly. 

WHY you ask ????? Ranga is right I suspect, They got OLDER, and after years of success at the VERY TOP , I say a sleep-in and a small drop -off . very well deserved !!!!   Champions of the sport !.  good on em'

To be fair his horses are racing against very average horses compared to South Island horses.

Not a patch on what Barry used to do!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

To be fair his horses are racing against very average horses compared to South Island horses.

Not a patch on what Barry used to do!

It's a tough one ,staying at the top for decades on end. 

JACKS LEGEND would of been the champion of NZ imo, if for not Allstars all the time. (2nd to Lazarus in a NZ Cup)

Last Friday BARRY took to nice 2 yearolds to the South Island for you to 'see at Addington.'

MONTANA DJ and MAJOR PERRY ran 3rd and 4th in the Feature Sires Stakes final !!! an incredible achievment.!!

Completely un-noticed by nearly everyone, because of the dominant CULLEN quinella in that race , and behind the brilliant AKUTA.   3rd and 4th doesn't attract attention alas.........................

(and Barry has had some 2 year old fillies winning this season too, beating the southerners that came to Auckland on occasion) MONTANA GLORY placed twice in Group 1's behind Cullen's True Fantasy very recently too, 

If he knocked off Cullen's in these races you wouldn't be bagging him. Is great results really!!!

Well done Barry !! keep up the good work.