Bit Of A Yarn

Hayden Cullen learnt well!

Chief Stipe

I see that there is no difference between Hayden Cullen's UDR and his previous bosses!  I guess he didn't lose too many good horses only the slow ones!

image.png

If you add up the two totals they are a million dollars ahead of second place in terms of stakes earning.  Looks like Cullen will clock up over a $1 million in stakes earnings well before the season is finished.  Nearly done it in less than 4 months!

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see that there is no difference between Hayden Cullen's UDR and his previous bosses!  I guess he didn't lose too many good horses only the slow ones!

image.png

If you add up the two totals they are a million dollars ahead of second place in terms of stakes earning.  Looks like Cullen will clock up over a $1 million in stakes earnings well before the season is finished.  Nearly done it in less than 4 months!

Thats the point i made ,which you argued vehemently against. Cullen has proven he is little inferior to purdon/rasmussen as trainers.

The drop off in udr,wins came after inca and the pandemic. Not this year.Why was that?Its something you ignore and will never acknowledge,so little point debating it with you.

They will always be the benchmark trainers,but their figures are not as good as what they were in the previous 4 or 5 years. I quoted the udr's and wins in another posting on another topic to confirm that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

The drop off in udr,wins came after inca and the pandemic. Not this year.Why was that?Its something you ignore and will never acknowledge,so little point debating it with you.

FFS we've debated the drop in UDR.  Do you spend all day going around looking under the beds and couches for intruders?  Statistically the "drop in UDR" is insignificant and the inference you draw between cause and correlation is crap.

Have you done a comparative analysis on every other trainer?

Have you adjusted for the loss or gain of horses into Cullen's stable?

So was it INCA or the pandemic or both that caused this so called "drop in UDR"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

They will always be the benchmark trainers,but their figures are not as good as what they were in the previous 4 or 5 years. I quoted the udr's and wins in another posting on another topic to confirm that.

Their average since 2014 is 0.4599.  How long has INCA being producing zero results?  Are you suggesting Natalie drove better on Ecstasy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Their average since 2014 is 0.4599.  How long has INCA being producing zero results?  Are you suggesting Natalie drove better on Ecstasy?

I haven't suggested driving on ecstacy,so not sure what your point is.

So youv'e included the lowest(this years)to get that figure. 

How about you wake  up. Compare the udr of the previous 4 years when purdon trained on his own and with payne. .3353,.3013.4285,.3761.   

So the conclusion is purdon udr improved by about 35% when rasmussen became co trainer.

52 minutes ago, the galah said:

I haven't suggested driving on ecstacy,so not sure what your point is.

Well that's the only "extra leg" identified so far and even then it wasn't the RIU that found it.

53 minutes ago, the galah said:

How about you wake  up. Compare the udr of the previous 4 years when purdon trained on his own and with payne. .3353,.3013.4285,.3761.   

What are you trying to prove?  That Purdon got better when INCA started?  Make your mind up.

Why don't you specifically say what it is you think?  Are you saying that Purdon/Rasmussen were cheating?  Even though there has been no evidence found and especially since your fantastic NEW RIU has been doing such a good job!

39 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

What are you trying to prove?  That Purdon got better when INCA started?  Make your mind up.

Never said anything like that. I said purdons stats improved when rasmussen started training  with him,and when he no longer trained with payne or by himself. 

I also have said i think cullen trains as good as purdon/rasmussen,probably because purdon has taught him well and still has input. 

and i have said cullen hasn't had any races where his runners draw 5 lengths or more ahead of the rest when they run very fast times like the purdon /rasmussen partnership used to be able to regularly do with 4 or more runners in the same race.And i've asked why?

Edited by the galah

8 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

image.png

Looks like Cullen will clock up over a $1 million in stakes earnings well before the season is finished.  Nearly done it in less than 4 months!

why will he do that?

10 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

image.png

Not sure you follow the harness game much, but this thread will be interesting to look back on. 
You do know that Self Assured, Spankem and Amazing Dream have banked the majority of dollars. The lack of top quality youngsters, will cause concern for the stable, once Amazing Dream goes, other 2 retire, i am thinking a tough time ahead, stable will not dominate the same as in previous years

59 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You do know that Self Assured, Spankem and Amazing Dream have banked the majority of dollars. The lack of top quality youngsters, will cause concern for the stable, once Amazing Dream goes, other 2 retire, i am thinking a tough time ahead, stable will not dominate the same as in previous years

Wrong.  Just over a week ago they ran the Quinella in the Group 1 x 2 yearold race at Auckland. Missed trifecta by 'not much' with 4th horse a Cullen one, as well. The week before Cullen stable also won the Group 1 x 2 yearold race. 

Seems like TOP QUALITY youngsters to me !! only thing lacking is opposition able to beat the stable lol....   

yes, Krug and Copy That are doing a great job in their Age divisions. but Cullen still won races with some 3 and 4 year olds too. Good luck to him (and the opposition) .

16 hours ago, the galah said:

i have said cullen hasn't had any races where his runners draw 5 lengths or more ahead of the rest when they run very fast times like the purdon /rasmussen partnership used to be able to regularly do with 4 or more runners in the same race.And i've asked why?

Accepting your form analysis is correct (which I doubt) what is your answer to your "Why?" question?

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

next next level stablehands

Superior in that Task as well !!!   Don't worry , they did Plenty of the 'Hard' yards early on in life at the stables.

I used to pop out to Marks dad 'Roy Purdons' place on occasion , as a teen with Mark in the 80's and was just BLOWN Away with the total professionalism even then. 4 horses hoppled to work togeather (whereas most stables had 2 fastwork togeather) so sitting one outside leader even then. NO WONDER we couldn't beat them then, and can't beat them now. Don't forget brother Barry has amazing training too. (Chokin , HolmesDG, etc

AND Natalie Rassmussen, did all the Shows , gymkana's, backblocks, ponytrots, Rocklea 500m track, along with her 2 sisters and dad VIC (a carpenter) who 'battled 'for years with slow horses, in far flung places like Townsville (and Rocklea and Toowoomba His daughters are  now THREE of the best Horsepeople in the world !!!!!  congrats to Mum Cheryl , who kept them going through all the 'stablehand' early days. VICKI is near best trainer in Brisbane, and KYLIE is a world class driver here too , with a NAT-like Strike rate !! A true pleasure of life (in harness) to of seen all these people in action. decades of winners now , just amazing. lap it up. fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

3 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Red hot fav just got beaten sitting park. 

2 years ago, their horses could sit 3 wide and piss in.

Which horses and which grades are you comparing?

Like with like?

What were the race sectionals?  Did you know these before you made your observation?

• Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Red hot fav just got beaten sitting park. 

2 years ago, their horses could sit 3 wide and piss in.

Yes , that was another mighty run for a learning 2 yearold . beaten a 1/2neck by the horse trailing the leader, then sprint laning.

True Fantasy would of won by panels if she drew behind the leader., BUT IT DREW THE OUTSIDE GATE (an incredibly hard handicap) and still nearly won !! 

A Marvelous Effort indeed. !!  'Pissed in' from last in running 2 starts ago winning 50k and then won 60k last time coming from last after drawing 13 !!!  Absolutely astonishing. I gave it little chance.

I backed Mark in that(who ran 2nd)  as thought that 13 draw a bridge too far (like drawn 7 tonight) but she still won !!!  was even bigger than sitting 3 wide.??  

I think the ALLstars are actually getting Better !!!  NZ CUP trifecta only 6 months ago (not 2 years ) Good on em" !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, the galah said:

If you think the all star horses have the same stamina they did a couple of years ago then your dreaming.True fantasy went the run of the race,and looks the top 2yo filly.I thought she drove it well from the wide draw,but they are beatable.

only have to watch the last NZ cup and the last Auckland Cup at Christmas and 'several' horses, or the 3 year old filly that Williams drives or ..... ................. do you want me to list more?   if you want to see true STAMINA. 

speaking of 'dreaming' ,TRUE FANTASY doing good job with stamina too. and what's wrong with dreaming?