Bit Of A Yarn

Hayden Cullen learnt well!

Chief Stipe

3 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

a lister , tax man 

A LISTER, 15 starts at Allstars for one win only in 2017 !! shocking lol. problem was Nat never drove it once.

TAXMAN  3 wins from 7 starts for Allstars 2019. seems fair. Nat drove it once and of course It Won !!

2 drives for Nat last night at Auckland for a win with American Pride and the narrow 2nd with True Fantasy.

Gammalite $50 double is ruined. Shame Bob Butt not on the bottle (gone a couple of times for that like Blair at times) or something like me , had to wreck it by driving /training Cover Girl to a great victory!. lol......

Well not to be dimissed , NAT is back tonight at Addington !!!!!!!!!!  a heap of drives. I'm doubling up.

$100 double Samhara into Bettor Twist $700 for my 100. Nat's the best ! let's go. Shan Noble was costly in missing place in the Derby (but was huge run) so let it go today !!  how many will she win tonight ?????

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, the galah said:

Never said anything like that. I said purdons stats improved when rasmussen started training  with him,and when he no longer trained with payne or by himself. 

You Betcha ! what a great acquisition for the stable lol.....  Where is Payne now?

Even my mate Mangoose has given in and popped Nat on to drive at Addington there. (Immeadiate easy win !!! ) good on him.

Cullens a distant second after racing without cover. Cue for NEWMARKET to shoot them down. lol......  first start for a year so maybe he'll cut Chase Auckland some slack ?? probably not. He went very well and tried hard though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

You Betcha ! what a great acquisition for the stable lol.....  Where is Payne now?

Even my mate Mangoose has given in and popped Nat on to drive at Addington there. (Immeadiate easy win !!! ) good on him.

Cullens a distant second after racing without cover. Cue for NEWMARKET to shoot them down. lol......  first start for a year so maybe he'll cut Chase Auckland some slack ?? probably not. He went very well and tried hard though.

😆😆😆, yep nearly got beaten by Laver 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

😆😆😆, yep nearly got beaten by Laver 😂

Laver is a top horse and tough. He ran home well tonight from near last at the 600m. He won in 1:51 at Nelson earlier in season. Another win is close.

Edited by Davis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Mangos got suspended again for whip use,so thats why he didn't drive it.

Does that aussie owner who was mangos's big owner still race many in aussie? He had 2 or 3 mangos trained horses in the jewels 2 or 3 years ago,but said they would be the last because it was not worth having them in nz racing against the all stars? I think he was from western australia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the galah said:

Does that aussie owner who was mangos's big owner still race many in aussie? He had 2 or 3 mangos trained horses in the jewels 2 or 3 years ago,but said they would be the last because it was not worth having them in nz racing against the all stars? I think he was from western australia.

howlett ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

Mangos got suspended again for whip use,so thats why he didn't drive it.

not sure on that one champ, especially if West Australian.

Big Bar has a couple there for a prominant Queensland owner though. Barry had a couple in big 2 year old race last night in Akld.

Dean Shannon has Montana Stud in beautiful Melany up the coast from Brissy, and races all those MONTANA something horses.

Very surprised he races there with Barry, but is great supporting the kiwi industry too. Belle of Montana about 10 wins now.

every week a Montana horse wins somewhere here in Brisbane. nearly all with local trainer Darrel Graham. They (Shannon and Graham) did have a Stand-out horse once, a kiwi bred 'Courage under Fire' stallion named LANERCOST who won 3 group1's and 30 wins from 45 starts. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

down to drive strength and honour

Your right. Just looked it up. Somehow he had his 7 day suspension given to him last week deferred until after tonight. Not sure why he gets that preferential treatment and has a suspension start a week later.

To be honest,rasmussen is  outdriving  the others tonight. She always makes her move at the right time and has ended up in the right position compared to her main opposition.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

What a great performance from the 2 year old trotters. nearly all trotting the whole way.

The HOPE family and the DUNN family sure know how to train the Trotters !! trotting to victory all over the place.

Cullen's 2 trotters will have to settle for seconds against those fine winners. (Highgrove and Midnight Dash)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

What a great performance from the 2 year old trotters. nearly all trotting the whole way.

The HOPE family and the DUNN family sure know how to train the Trotters !! trotting to victory all over the place.

Cullen's 2 trotters will have to settle for seconds against those fine winners. (Highgrove and Midnight Dash)

That race just run had some strange drives. Mark jones interview went on about how this was the race majestic lavros had been set for,yet it looked like he forgot to tell sam ottley.Ben hope really does drive those trotters well though,and natalie rasmussen again gave her horse every chance.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

and natalie rasmussen again gave her horse every chance.

What a drive on Bettor Twist too. Yeah I know is best filly. but still, to take off from one out three back 800 out and blast to the lead like that, she was reading the other runners so well as well as her own. and then a tiny breather , and sprint again ! Awesome !!!

• Like 2

Was thinking about the arguement of Allstars v Cullen Racing v How well a stable results go.

Surely, nothing would be different at Rolleston as Cullen was already working there (when Allstars stopped New Year)

therefore ALL the track-work and Feed, and supplements and shoeing would all still be exactly the same as last year ??? 

Why are we looking for change then? results are still familiar. and same as Allstars.

Cullen has a 'Swag' of 2 yearolds racing fairly well, that never went around in Allstars colours. winning features Akld and Chch. so is making a great job of keeping the tradition going ! great.

so looks like normal transmission is resumed !!. getting Nat to drive is icing on cake ! but Blair ok too and drove the winner of the 200k 2yearold race,  to get the $100,000 first prize cheque at Addington premier night. Markie will be delighted.

AND for the Punter makes it easier to find a winner! as the field always narrowed down a bit with the Cullen live chances. 

Just looking at Addington today, without Cullens  / Dunns/ and Dalgety and  just Pitiful. are they barred from midweeks or something? who would possibly bet on any of these horses today? no wonder trots are in decline . Cha cha B 2 with wins from 40 starts only in-form horse racing today? Oh my goodness. 

18 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Just looking at Addington today, without Cullens  / Dunns/ and Dalgety and  just Pitiful. are they barred from midweeks or something? who would possibly bet on any of these horses today? no wonder trots are in decline . Cha cha B 2 with wins from 40 starts only in-form horse racing today? Oh my goodness.

Clearly the All Stars/Cullen has targeted the higher value races.  The tiers in Harness are becoming more pronounced.

When considering what they are targeting a UDR of 0.4200 for the Cullen stable is remarkable.

That said the quality of the fields at Addington today are ahead of the OZ ones.

32 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The Addington meeting today is for the lower slower class of horse Gamma. The fields are poor but I am sure trainers appreciate these meetings. Addington is the best track in Australasia and is under used. I prefer more meetings at Addington where every horse has a chance than at the likes of Motukarara, which is a rough second-rate track. Just my opinion of course. I am unsure if I will have a bet, it is unlikely unless I find a smoky. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Was thinking about the arguement of Allstars v Cullen Racing v How well a stable results go.

Surely, nothing would be different at Rolleston as Cullen was already working there (when Allstars stopped New Year)

therefore ALL the track-work and Feed, and supplements and shoeing would all still be exactly the same as last year ??? 

Why are we looking for change then? results are still familiar. and same as Allstars.

Cullen has a 'Swag' of 2 yearolds racing fairly well, that never went around in Allstars colours. winning features Akld and Chch. so is making a great job of keeping the tradition going ! great.

so looks like normal transmission is resumed !!. getting Nat to drive is icing on cake ! but Blair ok too and drove the winner of the 200k 2yearold race,  to get the $100,000 first prize cheque at Addington premier night. Markie will be delighted.

AND for the Punter makes it easier to find a winner! as the field always narrowed down a bit with the Cullen live chances. 

the post above yours tells the story . blossoms post

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Clearly the All Stars/Cullen has targeted the higher value races.  The tiers in Harness are becoming more pronounced.

When considering what they are targeting a UDR of 0.4200 for the Cullen stable is remarkable.

That said the quality of the fields at Addington today are ahead of the OZ ones.

I can't say I agree with that on form. We run our usual 'Slower ' Horse meeting at a brilliant track in Albion Brisbane today .

The form shows at Albion, that of the 84 Runners across 9 races ONLY 17 have NOT finished in the first 4 somewhere in their last 4 starts. Form is strong. This is very normal as do the form each week. (hard to work out a winner though)

At Addington only 1/2 of the 76 runners across the 8 races have been even 'close' to a placing past 4 runs. quality would be a little inferior to Brisbane today .

Having said that Melton (Vic) seems exceptionally weak tonight. Menangle VERY strong though (NSW) maybe running 1.53 still.

1 hour ago, Davis said:

The Addington meeting today is for the lower slower class of horse Gamma. The fields are poor but I am sure trainers appreciate these meetings. Addington is the best track in Australasia and is under used. I prefer more meetings at Addington where every horse has a chance than at the likes of Motukarara, which is a rough second-rate track. Just my opinion of course. I am unsure if I will have a bet, it is unlikely unless I find a smoky. 

wow if you can find something at Addington to bet on , you are doing better than me. ( but yes what a beautiful track) 

Tell you what , Tim and Anthony Butt now run stables in Victoria, as were sick and tired of McCarthy's busting the guts of their runners at Menangle NSW, and tonight LUKE JOHN starting at Melton in the last . probably $1.10 over there though.

Would be an absolute certainty though you would think, in first Aus run. given the quality he raced in NZ.

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

wow if you can find something at Addington to bet on , you are doing better than me. ( but yes what a beautiful track) 

Tell you what , Tim and Anthony Butt now run stables in Victoria, as were sick and tired of McCarthy's busting the guts of their runners at Menangle NSW, and tonight LUKE JOHN starting at Melton in the last . probably $1.10 over there though.

Would be an absolute certainty though you would think, in first Aus run. given the quality he raced in NZ.

Fields aren’t too bad tonight!

Couple of overs!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Fields aren’t too bad tonight!

Couple of overs!

Well , let us have them then Brodster !!!   you can't get a bet on , but some of us can. lol. 

Can only help you with LUKE JOHN turning up at Melton tonight for young Nathan Purdon. home and hosed?

After the brilliant NAT display on Friday, that you must of enjoyed? I got about $1200 in front. Stupid galloping Gytrash is just trash I reckon after killing off 2k of the multi's in the Goodwood Sat on his home track with piss-weak 3rd , so maybe you can pull me back a couple of hundred? what you got ? 

• Like 1

Having said that Melton (Vic) seems exceptionally weak tonight. Menangle VERY strong though (NSW) maybe running 1.53 still.

well the 3 year olds have just gone off in 1.53 in the fillies and the colts divisions at Menangle as predicted. NO Slowing down midweek.!!! lol....

The trot saw RITUER win at 25-1 , could only go 2.08 or so in NZ , where had 6 wins. Tailored Elegance was the favourite at 2-1 for Luke McCarthy's. When at Allstars TAILORED ELEGANCE was trotting 2.03 so should be beating Rituer by 50m. only 5th today ???

That Just shows how good Mark and Nat are at punching out times and winners. !!! 

way better than Australia's best ! (McCarthy's) anyway.

Who trains Luke John in Australia? He is a good horse and should win if he has settled in OK?

• Like 1