Bit Of A Yarn

Hayden Cullen learnt well!

Chief Stipe

On 20/05/2021 at 7:25 PM, Brodie said:

Have a look at the Budget they announced today, if that is not RACISM on a major scale what is!!!

Maori this Maori that, handouts!!!
puke material really!

do you know if they got to keep the blankets and muskets

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2021 at 6:21 PM, Chief Stipe said:

I see Cullens UDR is still on the up.  Big increases in the last 3 weeks.  Looks like there might be an extra leg growing!

Thats a hard one to be sure of. No denying Udr and on track performances have improved.

If you look at their winners akuta,bettor twist and samhara . What was noticeable was how they pulled away easily right at the finish of races run in very fast times.

Then you had South coast arden do the same thing. This horse has definitely improved since being trained by the all stars. Theres no doubt rasmussen is much better than mangos as a driver,and maybe the all stars are better than mangos is as a trainer,but this horse has gone to a new level in a couple of weeks with a different trainer/driver,albeit against weaker opposition.

Its obvious from some peoples comments on this thread what they think is the reason. Personally i'm not sure the total reason.If we put to one side South coast adern,then its possible that its rasmussens driving which is the main factor. Another factor is some of these horses have natural improvement as they previously had not raced many times.

its all hypothetical. Its just something that goes with their success,and everyone will draw their own conclusions,and continue to make comments about it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Its obvious from some peoples comments on this thread what they think is the reason. Personally i'm not sure the total reason

Just a bunch of sore losers Galah. the people commenting in the 'Negative' that is.

There is nothing New. Mark was associated with his brother and father. (A smart trainer who engaged the best drivers before his boys drove , Wolfie won the NZ Cup with Sole Command) and Mark followed suit engaging a very tactical and proven driver in Natalie Rasmussen (already a great trainer and 4 time Interdominion winner with Black's A Fake, who beat NZ's Best for many years)

So Mark and Nat have won for decades, Mark drove Mark Hanover to win Interdominion 1991 or so for his dad. 

An ABSOLUTE CATELOGUE of success for Decades !! There is nothing new that can defeat a History of greatness.

There you go!! there is the Total reason for you. 

1 hour ago, the galah said:

If you look at their winners akuta,bettor twist and samhara . What was noticeable was how they pulled away easily right at the finish of races run in very fast times.

Not the first horses to do this from the stable. nothing New. would be 100's of others too.

ANY horse (especially one like South Coast Arden , a horse with ability but lacking winning form) would improve with the Cullen/Rasmussen combo. They are 'Getting much closer' with the trotting gait horses too ?? watch out for some more wins shortly then !!!!!  excellent!. we'll be rolling in it, just like Rolleston 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Just a bunch of sore losers Galah. the people commenting in the 'Negative' that is.

There is nothing New. Mark was associated with his brother and father. (A smart trainer who engaged the best drivers before his boys drove , Wolfie won the NZ Cup with Sole Command) and Mark followed suit engaging a very tactical and proven driver in Natalie Rasmussen (already a great trainer and 4 time Interdominion winner with Black's A Fake, who beat NZ's Best for many years)

So Mark and Nat have won for decades, Mark drove Mark Hanover to win Interdominion 1991 or so for his dad. 

An ABSOLUTE CATELOGUE of success for Decades !! There is nothing new that can defeat a History of greatness.

There you go!! there is the Total reason for you. 

Not the first horses to do this from the stable. nothing New. would be 100's of others too.

ANY horse (especially one like South Coast Arden , a horse with ability but lacking winning form) would improve with the Cullen/Rasmussen combo. They are 'Getting much closer' with the trotting gait horses too ?? watch out for some more wins shortly then !!!!!  excellent!. we'll be rolling in it, just like Rolleston 

So why is Barry Purdon not as dominant in the North Island?

Clearly not as professional and hasn’t got the same eye and vet as Mark?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So why is Barry Purdon not as dominant in the North Island?

Clearly not as professional and hasn’t got the same eye and vet as Mark?

A great question Brodster. I disagree though. He has outstanding success over decades , and doesn't get accused of things like Mark does ??  Big Barry has 'Always' had great horses too.!! 

He trained Mark Hanover to win Interdominion , Luxary Liner, CHOKIN to win miracle miles, Holmes DG who i did an article on recently, but got No reply from anyone. was surprised as surely someone appreciates good horses? 

Improved the Hopes best horse 'White Sox' to win heats of the last Interdominion run (and in fact, trained a placegetter in that Grand final too, MACH SHARD, behind Nat on Ultimate Sniper for Allstars) Barry won plenty with Belle of Montana recent times. 

A whole Catelogue of Success for decades as well , just like Mark (except even Longer)

He is a dominant force ! was leading trainer many years with dad Roy, and still winning 4 decades later.

Not as Professional ????????????????  did you really say that ??? one of NZ 's best ever winners in harness????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Labelling as "sore losers" those who think there is more to the level of success the all stars have than just training, is not accurate.

Like i've said before.If we use this forum as an example. Ask yourself.  Who have the trainers been who have been the topic of discussion as relates to out of the ordinary performances in the last 3 years or so.Theres only been a handful from my recollection,so its easy enough to remember who they have been.

They have been the all stars,jesse alford,mitchel kerr,barclay/ ellis,steve dolan , cran dalgety,g anderson.

Now if everyone,and there  have been many(myself included)was a doing this because they were "sore losers",how come they have been so accurate in identifying those who have ended up being charged and dealt with? how do you explain that???

Its true the all stars and barclay/ellis can say their is no proven basis for anyone to suggest what some have.And because of that they must feel more than a little peeved. And its true that operation inca's raids on both those stables may have been about unrelated matters to the subject being discussed.

But you generalising and calling everyone "sore losers" says just as much about your approach to this topic ,as it does those you are calling losers.

And perhaps you can explain what you think the motive is for those you call sore losers. From my observations those who raise these issues mostly  are punters and observers. So what have they got to gain. What is there motive? 

And as you have noted,if it was because of whoever's success,how come there is no pattern to the level of success when it comes to these topics.

And if it was because the people you say are losers,don't credit the success rate of some to the their training abilities, how come they continually say the likes of the all stars  and dalgety are admired by everyone for their training ablilty,as are their drivers and their horses. 

This subject is something that will always be discussed ,and people just have to make up their own minds.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

A great question Brodster. I disagree though. He has outstanding success over decades , and doesn't get accused of things like Mark does ??  Big Barry has 'Always' had great horses too.!! 

I may be wrong,but i think brodie was trying to make a point with a touch of sarcasm in what he posted.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, the galah said:

And perhaps you can explain what you think the motive is for those you call sore losers

Oh for goodness Sake Galah !! The 'sore loser' bit you're ranting about .It was just a fricken term of sorts.!!!!

like using 'pitiful 'to describe the midweek fields last week , when you know I meant the "FORM of the horses' and NOT the horses themselves  , but still wanted to pull me up on it. 

By 'sore losers' you know I mean 'the negative posting FORM'  about everybloodything, and NOT the posters themselves.

I retract any 'term' giving you offence such as sore loser or pitiful. Geez mate do you want Forb's back.

I DON"T know people's motives , or whatever it is you're talking about. I have always tried to be upbeat and NOT insult anyone , and post history , and great things about, and people in this sport. and even some winners to bet on.

I give up , let Luddy and Brodie post to ya. full of enthusiasm. (or is that a touch of sarcasm too much? ) 

• Haha 1
  • Bad Post 1

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Oh for goodness Sake Galah !! The 'sore loser' bit you're ranting about .It was just a fricken term of sorts.!!!!

like using 'pitiful 'to describe the midweek fields last week , when you know I meant the "FORM of the horses' and NOT the horses themselves  , but still wanted to pull me up on it. 

By 'sore losers' you know I mean 'the negative posting FORM'  about everybloodything, and NOT the posters themselves.

I retract any 'term' giving you offence such as sore loser or pitiful. Geez mate do you want Forb's back.

I DON"T know people's motives , or whatever it is you're talking about. I have always tried to be upbeat and NOT insult anyone , and post history , and great things about, and people in this sport. and even some winners to bet on.

I give up , let Luddy and Brodie post to ya. full of enthusiasm. (or is that a touch of sarcasm too much? ) 

Come on gammalite,when you were saying "sore losers", thats what you meant and think. 

I guess the reason you've focused on that part of my reply is because you realise the rest of what i have said makes sense.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

Come on gammalite,when you were saying "sore losers", thats what you meant and think. 

I guess the reason you've focused on that part of my reply is because you realise the rest of what i have said makes sense.

By the way gammalite. I don't have a problem with you thinking that,just pointing out i don't agree with you,and giving reasons i think myself and others have ,for not agreeing with you. 

Edited by the galah

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

Well I'm excited about Forbury  Park this week. Racing how I like it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

yes,10 races with 95 horses going around.Just had a look at the weather forecast.An over night low of 7 degrees predicted at this stage. Thats warm compared to what its normally like down there isn't it.You may not have to put two lots of thermals on if you or others from your area go.

Edited by the galah

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

yes,10 races with 95 horses going around.Just had a look at the weather forecast.An over night low of 7 degrees predicted at this stage. Thats warm compared to what its normally like down there isn't it.You may not have to put two lots of thermals on if you or others from your area go.

It's that southerly wind coming from the Antarctic that's the problem. You need more than thermals to counter that. But hey it's winter....and Matty and Bradley have got some useful drives.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I am excited about what horse is being set to win the last ever race at Forbury when it closes in July? Whoever wins it will be famous for ever more, the last horse to win at Forbury. Perhaps the Spitfire?😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Gamms, Karrots here, keep posting my friend. I know the negativity can get you down sometimes on here & yes it can be life sucking. But keep up your good posting. Providing a different positive outlook. Chief will be losing me soon as a poster, due to the new social media rule. Doesn't need to lose you too.

You haven’t put your prediction as to how many winners you think Cullen might get on the Jewels 2 y-o just for fun thread.  You are always a good sport and ALWAYS participate in fun comps.

I know its prob getting a bit OTT the whole Jewels Jewels Jewels & peeps are prob getting a bit over hearing about now. Prob started countdown a week ish too early. But nevertheless less than 2 weeks to go now.

38 minutes ago, Davis said:

I am excited about what horse is being set to win the last ever race at Forbury when it closes in July? Whoever wins it will be famous for ever more, the last horse to win at Forbury. Perhaps the Spitfire?😆

I see that the Labour MP for Taieri has been putting her two cents worth in on the closure of Forbury. According to her, it will assist in the fight against climate change. What?? Call me stupid, but how?

She is the latest in a line of numpties , such as Clare Curran and David Benson Pope to have held that seat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jones said:

Gamms, Karrots here, keep posting my friend. I know the negativity can get you down sometimes on here & yes it can be life sucking. But keep up your good posting. Providing a different positive outlook. Chief will be losing me soon as a poster, due to the new social media rule. Doesn't need to lose you too.

You haven’t put your prediction as to how many winners you think Cullen might get on the Jewels 2 y-o just for fun thread.  You are always a good sport and ALWAYS participate in fun comps.

I know its prob getting a bit OTT the whole Jewels Jewels Jewels & peeps are prob getting a bit over hearing about now. Prob started countdown a week ish too early. But nevertheless less than 2 weeks to go now.

I agree,posting positive things is good,but you can't expect anyone who has an  opposite opinion on certain subjects not to be able to express them. I never take anything personally if someone disagrees with my view on here,but maybe i have a thicker skin than some.What is positive and what is negative in this context anyway.

Maybe gammalite has viewed one of my replies as a personal attack,but i have re read my reply and i can't see why.Like i have said,his focus is on  me using his words,and he has not focused on my reasoning to counter his point of view.People should read what is said,instead of putting a spin on replies that was never there. Perhaps people should ask themselves,when it comes to discussing personalities, why do some think only one point of view can exist depending on who the personality is?

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

14 minutes ago, the galah said:

I agree,posting positive things is good,but you can't expect anyone who has an  opposite opinion on certain subjects not to be able to express them. I never take anything personally if someone disagrees with my view on here,but maybe i have a thicker skin than some.What is positive and what is negative in this context anyway.

Maybe gammalite has viewed one of my replies as a personal attack,but i have re read my reply and i can't see why.Like i have said,his focus is on  me using his words,and he has not focused on my reasoning to counter his point of view.People should read what is said,instead of putting a spin on replies that was never there. Perhaps people should ask themselves,when it comes to discussing personalities, why do some think only one point of view can exist depending on who the personality is?

I think it is great to hear differing points of view. However, I have noticed that there are several sensitive tulips on here who have over the top reactions to anyone challenging their viewpoint....and it's silly, so they are muted.

23 minutes ago, the galah said:

Galahs you are 1 of my favourite posters also. Surely you know this. Im not meaning you specially, Im just saying to Gamms to keep posting. I do not like a stable domination either. This is why I am often rooting for the others. And it is not from jealous or sore loser type thing. And we all know I dislike stable driving, which ever stable it comes from. Even started fun thread take on Easter Cup Team A Gamms verse Team Others Karrots. Well we all know what that lead to - hey Galah 😛 you me lol, encouraging the Others.  

11 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I have noticed that there are several sensitive tulips on here who have over the top reactions to anyone challenging their viewpoint....and it's silly, so they are muted.

I have noticed all you do is hit the negative button oppose (which very view on here use) Mr who talks about over-reaction of others, offering up no reason for your dislike of the post to present your viewpoint and why, which would be so much better to get an understanding of what exactly it was that you disagree with but nope just hit the dirty old bad post button on a regular basis. Which you have done here yet again to Gamms. 

31 minutes ago, Jones said:

Galahs you are 1 of my favourite posters also. Surely you know this. Im not meaning you specially, Im just saying to Gamms to keep posting. I do not like a stable domination either. This is why I am often rooting for the others. And it is not from jealous or sore loser type thing. And we all know I dislike stable driving, which ever stable it comes from. Even started fun thread take on Easter Cup Team A Gamms verse Team Others Karrots. Well we all know what that lead to - hey Galah 😛 you me lol, encouraging the Others.  

yes,i understand what you are saying. I also have understood what gammalite has said. I have a mutual view and interest in what you both post. 

But I think we all need to realise mutual respect gained over time,doesn't just disappear if someone has an opposite point of view,or if someone words a post in a way that draws an unseen inference. Why anyone would think it does makes no sense to me,but we are all different.thats a good thing.