Bit Of A Yarn

What's the go here?

16 minutes ago, Taku Umanga said:

Acting on a report provided by Racing Investigators who completed a stable inspection at the training premises of S Wigg this afternoon, Stewards ordered that GETN WIGGY WITHIT (Race 4), SAINT MICHEL (Race 6) and HAPPY PLACE (Race 7) be scratched acting under Rule 213(1)(c). An investigation was opened into this matter.

Found the answer:

213 (1) A Stipendiary Steward at any time may scratch from a race or declare ineligible to start in a race until a specific condition is met any horse on all or any of the following grounds:- 

(c) that the horse has had or may have had administered to it a prohibited substance;

While i'm not commenting on those involved,as there is not enough information to do so,it is a good thing that the RIU are taking steps to ensure people aren't breaking any rules around pre race treatments.Its something that everyone should agree on.

• Champ Post 2

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Van Beynon and Sherwood at it again!!!!
i thought MVB was giving it away???

Yep factual inaccuracies and all the past shyte rolled out again.  Sloppy journalism no doubt fed by the usual RIU suspects.  But Woodham hasn't been told ANYTHING!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/125795132/top-amateur-harness-racing-driver-allegedly-administered-substance-on-race-day?cid=app-android

• Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yep factual inaccuracies and all the past shyte rolled out again.  Sloppy journalism no doubt fed by the usual RIU suspects.  But Woodham hasn't been told ANYTHING!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/125795132/top-amateur-harness-racing-driver-allegedly-administered-substance-on-race-day?cid=app-android

Seems a pretty tame article to me.What are the factual inaccuracies in the article you refer to?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, the galah said:

Seems a pretty tame article to me.What are the factual inaccuracies in the article you refer to?

"The first amateur harness racing driver in the country to reach 50 career wins"

Wrong! Todd Woodward has driven over 200 winners before Sheree started driving and he is an amateur!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, the galah said:

Tubing is not an illegal practice but a recognised part of the therapeutic tool kit in animal husbandry.

I guess soft kill's are easier than hard INCA ones!

Next...

2 hours ago, jeep said:

It is, if it was done on raceday!

But that isn't what the Journalist said.  He deliberately or through incompetence misrepresented the truth not only in this article but in previous ones.

Oh and it is OK to tube a horse on raceday - as long it is after the race not before it!

• Champ Post 2

Some have had it in for Tim for awhile, and were clearly just waiting!

Not going to be a great look once again if it is an illegal substance!

The stable does have a very good record of getting over the hill standardbreds to be very competitive just saying!

Auckland and Cambridge can just not afford to lose the Vince/Wigg stable as often they are the difference between races being run and not!!

Should Wigg be suspended flr a long time, I am pretty sure that Tim will just pull the plug and not put any more money into the industry!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Some have had it in for Tim for awhile, and were clearly just waiting!

Not going to be a great look once again if it is an illegal substance!

The stable does have a very good record of getting over the hill standardbreds to be very competitive just saying!

Auckland and Cambridge can just not afford to lose the Vince/Wigg stable as often they are the difference between races being run and not!!

Should Wigg be suspended flr a long time, I am pretty sure that Tim will just pull the plug and not put any more money into the industry!

Yes, I understand what you are saying mate. But! I am quite concerned about this case because Ms Wigg has only been training for a few months. If the allegations are true and an illegal substance was administered to the horses what does that say. She has only been training for a few months and already she is cheating? Where did she learn these techniques? Perhaps everyone in harness racing knows about the illegal substances and how to administer them? Did she know about it because the stable has always used them?

It is a worry because harness racing is struggling in the North Island and this could be the final nail in the coffin. Let's hope that there is a innocent explanation for her actions. If she is found guilty I worry about the future of North Island harness. Worrying times mate!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

But that isn't what the Journalist said.  He deliberately or through incompetence misrepresented the truth not only in this article but in previous ones.

Oh and it is OK to tube a horse on raceday - as long it is after the race not before it!

So your talking about the 1/2 hour after the last race,once they get home? Robert dunn got done in that mix up where they gave it to kirk larsens horse by mistake,before larsens raced at forbury about 3 years ago.That was the rule which said you can't bring performance enhancers to the racecourse,whether they be for after race administration. 

You always defend those who are involved in these type of cases. Your not the only one. Your consistent. Thank goodness your not in charge of the riu,as any wrongdoing would never see the light of day.

For those involved isn't the wise thing to do is just  operate within the rules.?Why can't they. Don't they think they are competitive without the pre race treatment?

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

9 hours ago, the galah said:

So your talking about the 1/2 hour after the last race,once they get home? Robert dunn got done in that mix up where they gave it to kirk larsens horse by mistake,before larsens raced at forbury about 3 years ago.That was the rule which said you can't bring performance enhancers to the racecourse,whether they be for after race administration. 

You always defend those who are involved in these type of cases. Your not the only one. Your consistent. Thank goodness your not in charge of the riu,as any wrongdoing would never see the light of day.

For those involved isn't the wise thing to do is just  operate within the rules.?Why can't they. Don't they think they are competitive without the pre race treatment?

There are a lot of unanswered questions in the Dunn case. Much of it doesn't add up. How could they mix up a horse for starters? It's a strange one. I guess we will need know?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Yep it isn't ILLEGAL to tube a horse.  In fact there are many many reasons to do so for the health of a horse.  

@the galah have you actually trained a racehorse?  Or been involved with any high performance elite athlete?

Giving a horse post race a treatment of bicarb when it is showing severe tying up symptoms such as swelling across its rump and difficulty in moving is an intervention that relieves the stress of the horse.  The condition is caused by a buildup of lactic acid in its muscles particularly across its rump.  That's why treatment before a race can offer some performance enhancing aspect because it offsets that acid build up and the muscles don't tire as easily.

How many cases have we had?  Not many.

• Like 1

Since when have I defended anyone who has been proven guilty of breaking the rules?

I just don't jump to unfounded conclusions and the promotion of myths like you and @JJ Flash do. 

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Since when have I defended anyone who has been proven guilty of breaking the rules?

I just don't jump to unfounded conclusions and the promotion of myths like you and @JJ Flash do. 

Unfounded conclusions??? Obviously you never read the jca reports. Are you still ridiculing the coronavirus escaping from a lab theory? 

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

Unfounded conclusions??? Obviously you never read the jca reports.

You know full well I read the JCA reports as is evident by the direct quotes I make from them.

Unfounded conclusions BEFORE the JCA reports are published i.e. when all the evidence is produced.  You jump to conclusions both BEFORE and AFTER and then pull the "there is obviously more to this than meets the eye" line WITHOUT any evidence.

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 2

On 20/07/2021 at 6:31 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Along with the incompetence add in spelling mistakes, grammatical errors which are all common place these days and the harness journalists are the worst of them. Don't they proof read their work anymore?

@the galah are you still keeping across the Navarro and Servis indictments in the USA?

I read that one of the alleged PED's at the centre of the case is one labelled SGF-1000.  Interesting stuff that a therapeutic can be labelled (allegedly) a PED.

I know quite a bit about the science behind SGF-1000 as it is an Ovine (sheep) placenta extract.  I led a business negotiation in China about 16 years ago establishing a market for NZ sheep placenta.  They were extracting certain cells from the placenta for cosmetic development and also were working with the Swiss to develop injectables - not for horses but humans.

Shame that such innovative technology has wrongly got tied into alleged PED doping when it is purely therapeutic.  But then a good dose of bicarb after a hard race is therapeutic too.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

@the galah are you still keeping across the Navarro and Servis indictments in the USA?

I read that one of the alleged PED's at the centre of the case is one labelled SGF-1000.  Interesting stuff that a therapeutic can be labelled (allegedly) a PED.

I know quite a bit about the science behind SGF-1000 as it is an Ovine (sheep) placenta extract.  I led a business negotiation in China about 16 years ago establishing a market for NZ sheep placenta.  They were extracting certain cells from the placenta for cosmetic development and also were working with the Swiss to develop injectables - not for horses but humans.

Shame that such innovative technology has wrongly got tied into alleged PED doping when it is purely therapeutic.  But then a good dose of bicarb after a hard race is therapeutic too.

Have you read the article in the bloombergbusinessweek on the 1st of july . Makes for a very interesting read. While it only touches the surface of the whole picture and those involved,it does talk about the 2 trainers you've referred to. I don't know how to post it for others to read,otherwise i would.It actually has a brief reference to what you have talked about.

It refers to how there was a common feeling amongst many participants and punters/racegoers that cheaters were over running the sport at certain tracks.

In particular the article focused on the dishonest crooked horse trainers Navarro(a.k.a. the juice man) and Servis who appear to have been comrades in the widespread use of performance enhancers. There was a widespread network of trainers,co trainers,vets and chemists distributing and  administering performance enhancers across both codes.While the article seems to focus on the thoroughbred trainers,the leading trainers at tracks like yonkers have of course been charged.They peddled products from the lab known as snake venom,bronk(broncodilator) and monkey(endurance) amongst other things.

Some interesting phone conversations and texts. One from navarro to servis "i've been using it on almost evrything,we'll sit down and talk about this shit,i don't want to talk about this on the phone"   then another from navarro..."he would have caught our asses f..ing pumping and pumping and fuming(milkshaking) everything thats run today" then one from a navarro associate"you know how many f..king horses he f..king  killed and broke down that i made disappear"

Of course the drugs involved were generally accepted as not being detected. 

Edited by the galah

20 minutes ago, the galah said:

Have you read the article in the bloombergbusinessweek on the 1st of july . Makes for a very interesting read. While it only touches the surface of the whole picture and those involved,it does talk about the 2 trainers you've referred to. I don't know how to post it for others to read,otherwise i would.It actually has a brief reference to what you have talked about.

It refers to how there was a common feeling amongst many participants and punters/racegoers that cheaters were over running the sport at certain tracks.

In particular the article focused on the dishonest crooked horse trainers Navarro(a.k.a. the juice man) and Servis who appear to have been comrades in the widespread use of performance enhancers. There was a widespread network of trainers,co trainers,vets and chemists distributing and  administering performance enhancers across both codes.While the article seems to focus on the thoroughbred trainers,the leading trainers at tracks like yonkers have of course been charged.They peddled products from the lab known as snake venom,bronk(broncodilator) and monkey(endurance) amongst other things.

Some interesting phone conversations and texts. One from navarro to servis "i've been using it on almost evrything,we'll sit down and talk about this shit,i don't want to talk about this on the phone"   then another from navarro..."he would have caught our asses f..ing pumping and pumping and fuming(milkshaking) everything thats run today" then one from a navarro associate"you know how many f..king horses he f..king  killed and broke down that i made disappear"

Of course the drugs involved were generally accepted as not being detected. 

I'll start another Topic on this because there are similarities between our INCA and the OZ cobalt saga's.

The SGF-1000 that is talked about has similar properties to blood spinning however both are only therapeutic NOT performance enhancing.  The theory behind both is that the promote healing in joints that have low blood supply and can assist with muscle repair.