Bit Of A Yarn

What's the go here?

53 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Has anyone else heard the rumour on the street that the RIU have got the Wigg forced scratchings embarrassingly wrong?

It will be interesting to read any follow up from the Stuff harness hit squad.

I have been told,NOT RUMOUR,that the tests have revealed only negative results.

What did they expect to find in a tumeric based health boost mixture!

What IS RUMOUR,the samples taken may be sent further afield,to Hong Kong Lab,in an attempt to reveal anything that Local Lab did not find!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a Stuff Harness Retraction!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Has anyone else heard the rumour on the street that the RIU have got the Wigg forced scratchings embarrassingly wrong?

It will be interesting to read any follow up from the Stuff harness hit squad.

So your saying they didn't pre race treat any of their horses that were scratched on the day of the race?Simple yes or no would suffice as an answer.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

22 minutes ago, the galah said:

So your saying they didn't pre race treat any of their horses that were scratched on the day of the race?Simple yes or no would suffice as an answer.

Wouldn't have a clue @the galah but I'm sure you'll find a negative twist somehow.

When you say "treat" do you mean as in sugar cubes or a carrot?

• Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Wouldn't have a clue @the galah but I'm sure you'll find a negative twist somehow.

When you say "treat" do you mean as in sugar cubes or a carrot?

You complain about certain people in the media giving a one sided view of some recent harness riu cases,yet your guilty of the same thing. You either can't see it,or most likely just ignore it.

23 minutes ago, the galah said:

You complain about certain people in the media giving a one sided view of some recent harness riu cases,yet your guilty of the same thing. You either can't see it,or most likely just ignore it.

I don't see it as the end of the world as we know it nor an indication that there is widespread corruption in harness racing.  Which it seems is how two Stuff journalists and you see it.

As I've said many many times before what we have seen so far indicates that the sport is incredibly clean or the RIU testing regime is incredibly poor.  The fact is it is very easy today to detect ANY anomalies in a blood or urine sample.  (BTW I'm still waiting for the Navarros and Servis indictments to come up with the "go fast" drug).

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't see it as the end of the world as we know it nor an indication that there is widespread corruption in harness racing.  Which it seems is how two Stuff journalists and you see it.

As I've said many many times before what we have seen so far indicates that the sport is incredibly clean or the RIU testing regime is incredibly poor.  The fact is it is very easy today to detect ANY anomalies in a blood or urine sample.  (BTW I'm still waiting for the Navarros and Servis indictments to come up with the "go fast" drug).

On one hand you say"its very easy today to detect any anomalies" then in the same paragraph refer to the new york indictments which involves 29 defendants,the bulk of who either used or supplied performance enhancers that were not detected in testing.Maybe you are coming round to my way of thinking.

Also you continue to say i believe there is widespread corruption in harness racing when i have never said that. You see they have recently caught those cheating,do you not read the papers?

3 hours ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

What IS RUMOUR,the samples taken may be sent further afield,to Hong Kong Lab,in an attempt to reveal anything that Local Lab did not find!

image.png.e499401765d285fe5d43d2c81345912d.png

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:26 PM, the galah said:

On one hand you say"its very easy today to detect any anomalies"

On the subject 'Whats the Go Here" have just seen a kiwi weight lifter having a crack tonight at the Olympics.

Seems to be some BIG anomalies here !!!????  Hubbard having a couple of anomalies , bit like Brodster deciding who to get the money on, to be 'On the money" lol..........

Hubbard having a lift in the weight-lifting tonight. wonders will never cease.

Laurel Hubbard (New Zealand) — 1st attempt: 120kg (failed), 2nd attempt: 125kg

Emily Jade Campbell (Great Britain) — 1st attempt: 118kg, 2nd attempt: 112kg (failed), 3rd attempt: 122kg (successful)

Sara Elizabeth Robles (USA) — 1st attempt: 120kg

Wenchen Li (China)

Hubbard’s historic appearance sparks debate

Hubbard was born male and competed as a man before transitioning to become a woman in her 30s, taking up the sport again after meeting the International Olympic Committee (IOC) guidelines for transgender athletes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

On the subject 'Whats the Go Here" have just seen a kiwi weight lifter having a crack tonight at the Olympics.

Seems to be some BIG anomalies here !!!????  Hubbard having a couple of anomalies , bit like Brodster deciding who to get the money on, to be 'On the money" lol..........

Emily Jade Campbell (Great Britain) — 1st attempt: 118kg, 2nd attempt: 112kg (failed), 3rd attempt: 122kg (successful)

Wenchen Li (China)

Hubbard was born male and competed as a man before transitioning to become a woman in her 30s, taking up the sport again after meeting the International Olympic Committee (IOC) guidelines for transgender athletes.

After that effort not sure if she could lift a decent diddle.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Wenchen Li (China)

He/she choked. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Personally think they should be checking out the sex of the Bronze medalist!

Some of those things you see in the athletics field events from China in particular,I reckon they were constructed in a laboratory,just like covid I guess,mind boggling really

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bad Post 1

9 hours ago, Davis said:

He/she choked. 

Pathetic effort from someone who has been to other big games events!

NZ spent big money sending Him/Her to Tokyo for a holiday and did not take it seriously at all!

To not be able to even lift one of three lifts correctly is a disgrace and nothing to do with choking as it is insulting to NZ!
Seriously you only had to look at the arms to see that she should never have been there!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

NZ spent big money sending Him/Her to Tokyo for a holiday and did not take it seriously at all!

Never mind mate. stick to the water !!!

Carrington and Regal just WON more GOLD for NZ just now in the double Kayak !!  fantastic. Nz are cleaning up paddling and rowing ! 

38 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Never mind mate. stick to the water !!!

Carrington and Regal just WON more GOLD for NZ just now in the double Kayak !!  fantastic. Nz are cleaning up paddling and rowing ! 

NZ has always been good at events that involved sitting on our butts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

NZ has always been good at events that involved sitting on our butts!

Haha yeah , it's hard to fault the trotting drivers at all.

and i remember Sir Mark Todd CBE , going great guns for NZ across the equine Olympics for a good many years. He did lift off his butt as they went over the fences and that though lol...............

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 3:10 PM, Taupiri Wonder said:

Hey there Taupiri, how are you doing? Iv been thinking about all you posters and how you have all been.

And I must say when I saw the news on Stuff was a bit disappointed and quite surprised. I just said to someone it doesn't make sense. Why would she, when her partner is a multi-million, it doesn't make sense. And if it is try it is very very stupid and disappointing.

So shall await and see the outcome. Lets see, as mentioned on other thread, noted a couple days ago ALL those horses have been transferred back to her. 

michael jackson eating GIF by South Park

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Pathetic effort from someone who has been to other big games events!

To not be able to even lift one of three lifts correctly is a disgrace and nothing to do with choking as it is insulting to NZ!
Seriously you only had to look at the arms to see that she should never have been there!!!!!

In  all reality,yep it wasn't a great effort but I don't really care if it transgender,there must be some way of accomodating them somewhere in the system,somehow,that's a awkward one though,it probably may not get another shot,it probably cost our team a lot of funding,performance counts for everything.

Strangely though lots rave about Serina Williams greatness but just like Hubbard she's a lot bigger than all the other players,is she really better or just better by being bigger?

im fucked if I know lol.

2 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Hey there Taupiri, how are you doing? Iv been thinking about all you posters and how you have all been.

And I must say when I saw the news on Stuff was a bit disappointed and quite surprised. I just said to someone it doesn't make sense. Why would she, when her partner is a multi-million, it doesn't make sense. And if it is try it is very very stupid and disappointing. noted a couple days ago ALL those horses have been transferred back to her. 

Hi Karrots,welcome back.🤩

I have been enjoying Combo of Olympics & Queensland Winter Carnival at Albion Park.(including following Gammalites Musings)

Yes,after The Wigg Team was late scratched by Order Of Stewards a couple of weeks back,She was told Her Trainers License would be suspended pending an Inquiry.

Therefore her Racing Team were transferred elsewhere immediately.

However,with initial test results not showing any irregularities,Her Trainers License is still valid.

Steven Reid/Simon McMullen look like they have kept the promising maiden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

In  all reality,yep it wasn't a great effort but I don't really care if it transgender,there must be some way of accomodating them somewhere in the system,somehow,that's a awkward one though,it probably may not get another shot,it probably cost our team a lot of funding,performance counts for everything.

Strangely though lots rave about Serina Williams greatness but just like Hubbard she's a lot bigger than all the other players,is she really better or just better by being bigger?

im fucked if I know lol.

Laurel Hubbard appeared as though she haunt prepared for the games at all!

You can not tell me that someone in that had been male and now supposedly female could turn up in that condition and be rated as one of the best weightlifters in the world female!!!

The arms looked like an old woman’s arms that hadnt lifted anything for years!

Got no problem at all with what gender he or she wants to identify as, but seriously to represent NZ at the Olympic Games and can not lift a successful lift well under her personal best is disgraceful!

Then to say she choked when she has had years to prepare and wouldve had taxpayers money is an absolute load of BS unfortunately.

Needs to hang up her bra or jockstrap and retire!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1