Bit Of A Yarn

Yes Auckland is knackered!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I think John went to Michaels after the GC track closed.

John Langdon as you will know was a top trainer and driver and nice bloke.

Spot on ! John a tremendous competitor and driver and all round good guy.

Michael was at Menangle NSW , had shifted there for a while when he got 2 or 3 years DQ in a NSW 4 yearold mares Breeders Stakes final. bit of a shame....

There's still a lady trainer Bianca Hooper who starts very slow ones going around Redcliffe. not sure if relative to Richard.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Rocklea good on a Saturday arvo

Like Dodgem cars there lol .bouncing off all your mates... plenty of panel beating on the sulky needed .! ripper place.  too small to fit a mobile barrier car around though. track was only 5-6 horses wide in parts, and sort of a square ..

The horses you took there were the ones with brilliant manners, as soon as they hear the 'ping' of the tape , they just take off on their own from the stand like a rocket . you just grab the left rein and hang on as the corners come up real quick ,  and constantly too  hehehe

Rocklea closed 2004 after 50 years of racing because of lack of funds . But GC Parklands closing .... sigh.....sad

Alexandra Park closing ?.... double sigh........ at least Roy won't see that sad day happen . he'd be sad ...

• Champ Post 1

15 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

how did you get to Marburg your unvaxed

Lol, never been there Hunter, watch the dirt track on Trackside every now and then.

Dont actually know where Marburg is exactly?

There would be quite a few that race there that probably wouldnt qualify in NZ!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

how did you get to Marburg your unvaxed

And more than happy I havent had the shit injected, and will never, even if they never l.et me out!

Mass Disability Event according to the NZ Herald today!

Huge no.s of people,in the U.S. with health issues now and they say it is going to bet far worse.

They are calling it LONG COVID!!!

I call it stupidity from allowing them to inject toxins into your body as it aint good!

As I keep saying the Pfizer is a toxin that is going to have serious consequences for many that have been believing of the BS!

Anyone who has health issues they are going to call it LONG COVID FFS , as they wont tell the truth and say it is from the toxic injections!

You watch as people who havent even had Covid get health issues and they will say LONG COVID!!!

Interesting times for the people who believe in that this lot have their best interrsts at heart.

Personally know many who now wish they never got the Pfizer toxins in them and dont want anymore of the crap!

Wakeup NZ!

Sort of on topic Chief, people need to be aware so they can make an informed decision, so we have people around to keep racing going!

On 6/02/2022 at 10:16 PM, Brodie said:

And more than happy I havent had the shit injected, and will never, even if they never l.et me out!

Mass Disability Event according to the NZ Herald today!

Huge no.s of people,in the U.S. with health issues now and they say it is going to bet far worse.

They are calling it LONG COVID!!!

I call it stupidity from allowing them to inject toxins into your body as it aint good!

As I keep saying the Pfizer is a toxin that is going to have serious consequences for many that have been believing of the BS!

Anyone who has health issues they are going to call it LONG COVID FFS , as they wont tell the truth and say it is from the toxic injections!

You watch as people who havent even had Covid get health issues and they will say LONG COVID!!!

Interesting times for the people who believe in that this lot have their best interrsts at heart.

Personally know many who now wish they never got the Pfizer toxins in them and dont want anymore of the crap!

Wakeup NZ!

Sort of on topic Chief, people need to be aware so they can make an informed decision, so we have people around to keep racing going!

Another article on stuff today to scare everyone as much as they can.

Todays story says the latest modelling shows there may be millions of nz covid infections,and hundreds of thousands of those will be confirmed cases by testing. It says there will be 460 deaths if a high uptake of booster,but 560 deaths if only 70% uptake. Doesn't say how many if no uptake. So load up the car with the families youngsters and get down to the chemist  for the booster as quick as you can brodie. Stuff  and the government has warned you.

I see a study undertaken by otago and wellington universities a couple of years ago found an estimated 500 per year die from the flu in nz. A dr michael baker was  one of the high profile familiar names behind that study.

Better book in for your flu jab as well brodie,as it looks like the flu each year is almost as deadly. 

• Haha 1

actually  people should read an article currently on theconversation.com titled whats the difference in protection against omicron between 2 and 3 doses of vaccine.

it explains why the australian health minister expects the definition of fully vaccinated to  change to three doses instead of two.

it says emerging evidence suggests 2 doses provide 0-10% against infection from omicron,and 35% protection from hospitalisation  5-6 months after the second jab.

it also states 3 and a half months after your 3rd jab your still only 30-40% protected from infection,and that will continue to drop over time.hospitalistion is higher with the 3rd dose but will drop over time as well.

Why should the 2 dosed people get let into our tab's or racecourses,as it sounds like they are just as unprotected and as much a  cause of spread as the unvaccinated.

Has there ever been such a farce in ones lifetime.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Another article on stuff today to scare everyone as much as they can.

Todays story says the latest modelling shows there may be millions of nz covid infections,and hundreds of thousands of those will be confirmed cases by testing. It says there will be 460 deaths if a high uptake of booster,but 560 deaths if only 70% uptake. Doesn't say how many if no uptake. So load up the car with the families youngsters and get down to the chemist  for the booster as quick as you can brodie. Stuff  and the government has warned you.

I see a study undertaken by otago and wellington universities a couple of years ago found an estimated 500 per year die from the flu in nz. A dr michael baker was  one of the high profile familiar names behind that study.

Better book in for your flu jab as well brodie,as it looks like the flu each year is almost as deadly. 

Galah, I am wondering if Chief will allow me to call them just a bunch of absolute tossers!

You are a bigger tosser if you actually still believe the total BS that the citizens have had to endure for the past 2 years?

It is the biggest scam in history bit as we know it is not about keeping everyone alive.

You have been conned and this Booster is going to stuff you

• Haha 1

An interesting story on the stuff website at the moment. Headline says ACC confirm 1708 covid vaccine injury claims. obviously that number have thought their reactions serious enough to claim. Amongst other things it says 627 so far have been accepted,513 declined and 568 to be decided.Most seem to have cost ACC under $500 but 12 have cost between $10,000-$50,000............. Fewer than 4 claims have been lodged for fatalities........the ACC states,as if thats a good thing.

2 hours ago, the galah said:

An interesting story on the stuff website at the moment. Headline says ACC confirm 1708 covid vaccine injury claims. obviously that number have thought their reactions serious enough to claim. Amongst other things it says 627 so far have been accepted,513 declined and 568 to be decided.Most seem to have cost ACC under $500 but 12 have cost between $10,000-$50,000............. Fewer than 4 claims have been lodged for fatalities........the ACC states,as if thats a good thing.

The no. Of people damaged already and in the future in NZ and around the world is huge.

Covid is the flu, the Pfizer is a toxin and it is very dangerous.

The media is evil and wont tell the truth!

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

The media is evil and wont tell the truth!

NZ media are just peddlers of government propaganda.Journalism used to champion freedom of speech,but they are the opposite now. 

If you look at the protests in wellington,the Police have become willing pawns in the arrest of previously law abiding citizens. 

Institutions who once had the respect of all new zealanders have alienated forever a certain part of the population.

Of note all the unvaccinated people i know simply believe in the rite to choose what they put in their body.Whether people take a vaccine or not is up to the individual. I haven't yet met anyone who has said people shouldn't have the choice to get vaccinated if they want.So when the media and government label everyone who hasn't had the vaccine as anti-vax,And lumps anyone who attends a rally into the anti vax group, its all a lie. Its just another way of manipulating peoples thoughts.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

The media is bought off by the government.

All the broadcasters are too scared to say anything against what the govt. does or they are given the do not come Monday!

Sean Plunkett, Peter Williams and Leighton Smith for example.

Marcus Lush, is an absolute disgrace as a broadcaster and the BS he is allowed to spit out is PUKE  material and doesnt allow anyone to say anything against the govt.

He and many of other tv and radio employees are pumpets for Ardern and should be axed as they are spewing out shite.

What has happened to NZ?

You voted in Ardern for a second time after a totally incompetent performance the first time.

Wake up you Sheep, you have been conned!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I went to Uni in 1981 the year of the Springbok tour.  These protests at Parliament are tame by comparison.

Wow there was some crazy times.!!!   I went to Eden Park on that Springbok tour ,  and flour Bombs came in !! some of the most extroadinary scenes I ever witnessed. As close to war-fare on home soil as you can get. ?? bombing the players ?? I still shake my head thinking that was peaceful lovely NZ during that Springbok tour . jaw dropping scenes around the nation .

p.s NZ won this match in injury time with a late Hewson Penalty.

sept-12-1981-flour-bomb-test.jpg

• Like 2

1981 was my first year at Uni.  Lincoln College.  We were the only University who voted FOR the Tour.  Went to the Lancaster Park Test.  We parked my mates Morrie 1000 about 4k from the Park because he was scared the protesters would damage it.  I had stand tickets - my Dad as the Westland Rugby Subunion Secretary had contacts to get me tickets.  My mates were wearing Swannies and Steel Capped boots on the embankment shoulder to shoulder ready for anything behind the barbed wire.  

LOL Dad was a member of the Metropolitan Trotting Club so I had "swingers" and entrance tickets for after the Test Match - there was a race meeting on at Addington after the game.  We got changed into our No1's in the Members Carpark out of the boot of the Morrie Thou!

• Like 2

Watch the first video on this page.  Things might get more ugly if the Police keep doing this.  Seeing the video certainly gives a different impression from what we are hearing on the news.  Certainly the Police look the aggressors.  That new word I learnt last year comes to mind....Dystopia!

https://thebfd.co.nz/2022/02/10/the-truth-behind-the-headlines/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Wow there was some crazy times.!!!   I went to Eden Park on that Springbok tour ,  and flour Bombs came in !! some of the most extroadinary scenes I ever witnessed. As close to war-fare on home soil as you can get. ?? bombing the players ?? I still shake my head thinking that was peaceful lovely NZ during that Springbok tour . jaw dropping scenes around the nation .

p.s NZ won this match in injury time with a late Hewson Penalty.

sept-12-1981-flour-bomb-test.jpg

I remember buying tickets for the South African game against the hannan shield team( combined mid/south canterbury and north otago teams). I had arranged to take the day off work. Then they went and canceled it, supposedly to give the police a rest. The polls had said our district was the most pro tour region in nz,so the cancellation didn't go down well with the locals.

The previous time i had seen an international team was when the lions had played the hannan shield team. That day didn't end well either. I was only 16,but had managed to save enough to buy myself a brand new Datsun sunny,but while driving home after the game,stopped in a que not far from the rugby, i watched a fella in my rear view mirror gazing at the crowd,just before he rear ended me as he screeched to a halt.  Still,it wasn't too bad and i had a great run with that car. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Wake up you Sheep, you have been conned!

Don't you think its crazy that people believe having a 3rd shot of the same thing will protect them from omicron,when even the government acknowledges that the first 2 shots have given them little protection.

And the sheep somehow believe that though protection will wane over time, the same as it did with as the first 2 shots,somehow its different because they call it a booster,instead of a third shot.

I get the impression many people think the booster shot is different from the first 2 shots.

Yet  official websites confirm that for anyone over 18 "the booster dose will be the same dosage(amount) of the same vaccine,as your previous 2 doses".  

Its hilarious in some ways.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1