Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

For trainspotters, the rule they have been charged under by RIU

1001 (1) Every person commits a serious racing offence within the meaning of these Rules, who, in New Zealand or in any other country:-

(v) either by himself or in conjunction with any person: 

(i) does or permits or suffers to be done any act which a Judicial Committee deems fraudulent, corrupt or detrimental to the interests of harness racing; or

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Check out the latest news - Tom Bagrie charged with supplying ecstasy to Dexter Dunn and others!

Police have arrested at least two more people in relation to a 17-month police investigation into allegations of race fixing or drug offences in harness racing.

Thomas Durham Bagrie, a trainer/driver, was arrested on Wednesday. He faces charges of offering to supply ecstasy to several people including Dexter Dunn and conspiring to supply it to Blair Orange and Matthew Anderson. 

Bagrie, 30, of Christchurch, was also charged with offering to supply several other unnamed people, unlawful possession of a stungun and another charge of supplying ecstasy to Dunn.

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Police have arrested at least two more people in relation to a 17-month police investigation into allegations of race fixing or drug offences in harness racing.

Thomas Durham Bagrie, a trainer/driver, was arrested on Wednesday. He faces charges of offering to supply ecstasy to several people including Dexter Dunn and conspiring to supply it to Blair Orange and Matthew Anderson. 

Bagrie, 30, of Christchurch, was also charged with offering to supply several other unnamed people, unlawful possession of a stungun and another charge of supplying ecstasy to Dunn.

Things just getting worse. By conspiring to supply, does that mean he was supplying it? If so, is there any suggestion that these drivers were under the influence of ecstasy while driving in races? Why do people who have the world at their feet, allegedly risk it all ?  Such a frustrating waste. 

1 hour ago, Arsenic said:

If the RIU stand those involved down then I feel really sorry for the Greyhound fraternity as Brendon Cole has been under investigation for 13 months and in the meantime has won stakes to the tune of $ 2.2 million dollars.

What the fucks the difference 

I guess the difference is Police have laid charges and court appearance dates set but with Cole no charges and still under investigation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I disagree Newmarket.  Leading drivers always look around to see who is where especially good ones.  So he handed up to the favourite and got a trail for a lap and there was a passing lane.  The  favourite who won was 1/2 in the betting the second favourite was 2/1.  They were lengths better than the rest.  What was the last 400m run in?

They'd be hard pressed to prove match fixing on the video alone.

Let's face it the RIU advising the Police on how to read a race reminds me of the blind leading the blind.

True hard to prove on video alone but what information from calls and texts do the have

20 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Things just getting worse. By conspiring to supply, does that mean he was supplying it? If so, is there any suggestion that these drivers were under the influence of ecstasy while driving in races? Why do people who have the world at their feet, allegedly risk it all ?  Such a frustrating waste. 

reports are jockeys  might of been too

22 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

I guess the difference is Police have laid charges and court appearance dates set but with Cole no charges and still under investigation.

This case and the Cole case are both live investigations, weren’t the Coles raided by the police and Mpi and the SPCA.

So to be honest where’s the difference, these guys get banned and Cole makes 2.2 million and still training.  

What an absolute fuck up by the RIU

• Like 2

Does that sound right?

When asked if police took anything, he joked: "pride". 

Dalgety had not spoken to Dunn, who is in the United States, but said he would be "very surprised" if Dunn was involved in race fixing. 

"He's a leading punter and he just loves to have a bet on his horses. Him and Blair [Orange] are leading fellows. If you're successful, you're always in the gun at the start."

Is it not illegal for drivers to bet on their horses?

Me thinks the Stuff website have stuffed that up. Could a suing by Dexter for that statement be on the cards!

7 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

This case and the Cole case are both live investigations, weren’t the Coles raided by the police and Mpi and the SPCA.

So to be honest where’s the difference, these guys get banned and Cole makes 2.2 million and still training.  

glenda hughes says racing integrity system works

11 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Does that sound right?

When asked if police took anything, he joked: "pride". 

Dalgety had not spoken to Dunn, who is in the United States, but said he would be "very surprised" if Dunn was involved in race fixing. 

"He's a leading punter and he just loves to have a bet on his horses. Him and Blair [Orange] are leading fellows. If you're successful, you're always in the gun at the start."

Is it not illegal for drivers to bet on their horses?

Me thinks the Stuff website have stuffed that up. Could a suing by Dexter for that statement be on the cards!

bit of a faux pas by someone there but the rest sounds like a typical cran interview 

Edited by Rangatira

21 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

Cole raided no charges

these people raided and charged huge difference

if you have a gripe with Cole don't air it here as the cases are different

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

So if they were raided by SPCA ,Police and MPI why is it a fuck up by RIU 

Surely others have more power to intervene than RIU

DoD SPCA initially press charges.Did police.

10 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

No Jess it happens alot as you say, not sure if they still do it in American thoroughbred racing but they used to couple up stable runners for betting purposes on the tote no matter if one was odds on and the other was 40-1 and I'm sure you weren't allowed more than 2 from one stable in a race.  That was the one annoying thing I found in the top English races, a big stable like Godolphin were allowed to run a pacemaker so their top horse got the tempo it needed.

Oh yeah .. that pacemaker stuff .. and openly referred to as such .... pretty awful stuff and I have no idea what the betting public or industry judiciary made of it ...

• Like 1