NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Police Raid Stables?? Oh Dear

Newmarket

5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Sources have told Stuff the NZ Derby at Addington last year is part of the investigation and that people interviewed were asked about phone conversations that had been monitored by the police.

last years or last seasons

More

I understand the relevance of the New Zealand Derby in this equation is minimal. It seemingly relates to a runner, that was not in the first three, being administered something on race day.

What is obvious is the police deserve full credit for investigating these matters in such a professional, unbiased manner.   I also believe hrnz and the riu deserve credit for allowing the police,with all their resources, to carry out the said investigation. It appears they  have allowed the appropriate authorities to do their work without any attempt to undermine said investigation. Well done to those concerned ,

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So how was it fixed?  Favourite and second favourite first and second.  The two best horses in the field cleared out to win.  

Yes, 2 best horses clear out, but runner up should have won. 

You can clearly see blair looking back for runner early on, which is not a good look, and i say the biggest look i have ever seen. 

Then entering straight just over lap to go, looks again, takes hold of leader to allow other horse easy lead, dictates last lap, sprints to win. 

Now, very few would give the lead away a lap from home on that track would they, it makes little sense. Blair drove so many winners on the circuit, most from the front. 

I hope that he doesnt get charged, hope that there is no substance to it, but nothing surprises me. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Dear Police, 

On Friday 9th June 2017 i placed some bets with the TAB. I was lucky enough that i picked up a slice of the Quad, paid $1200 from memory. Was happy, until i find that 3 horses, from the same stable, that ALL won, were later disqualified!!! I would have still got that quad, it would have paid heaps on the new results, but sadly, somebody cheated!! 

Please check betting records on this day, see who was in on the rort, im sure you will find the answers if you look hard enough. Give me confidence. 

I bloody hope the tab show the betting records of this day.....without doubt....this particular day was one of the worst in nz harness.

No doubt it will be looked at, hopefully plenty of other races where certain stables blatantly team drove

27 minutes ago, Rangatira said:
More

I understand the relevance of the New Zealand Derby in this equation is minimal. It seemingly relates to a runner, that was not in the first three, being administered something on race day.

John dunn let dex in trail 500m out....was flat at time..but didn't show too much urgency.

As for sheriff...goes huge in derby....next start leads....gives lead to dunn...outsprinted.

Next start....driven hard for lead....2nd jewels.

Makes you wonder

• Like 1

The police won't be laying charges based just on interpretations of race videos, and the relative merits of various drives.

Much of their investigation will have been around linking texts, emails and recordings of phone calls to race videos of drives, betting patterns etc

I don't think it is an offense for one licensed person to send another licensed person a text arranging 'driving tactics'(could be wrong), unless it can be proved that it actually happened in a race, and this was supported by wagering evidence

Edited by hesi
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

The police won't be laying charges based just on interpretations of race videos, and the relative merits of various drives.

Much of their investigation will have been around linking texts, emails and recordings of phone calls to race videos of drives, betting patterns etc

I don't think it is an offense for one licensed person to send another licensed person a text arranging 'driving tactics'(could be wrong), unless it can be proved that it actually happened in a race, and this was supported by wagering evidence

I don't think it would have to be supported by wagering and wouldn't have to prove it actually happened.

Just that it was arranged to happen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hesi said:

What? Driving tactics texted between drivers? I think you will find it is an offence

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Yeah has the betting public been misled for a year or so?

Thats why the Nelson June meeting betting figures , on the  day that they filled their cheating pockets never was mentioned. Send them to jail, sick of this ongoing shit between the 3 codes

• Like 1

Just now, hesi said:

Rules of racing offence or criminal offense?

Well, for a start you could say that once you start texting driving tactics, one or more doing the texting, is obviously not giving their horse the best possible chance to win. Backed up by video & betting records, wont be easy to get off charge

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=3586320

I appreciate Propantheline Bromide is not Blue Magic but they were all tarred with the same brush.

Yeah, you gotta read that. Thought Mcgraths explanation priceless, found out about it when working in a bar in the US 6 years ago, very funny

One of the big questions will be  what information the police have relating to horses being given performance enhancers. It now seems to have been suggested  this is part of the investigation.              High profile players have been charged with drug offences. Reference has been made to the use of a performance enhancer on a nz derby runner. Who knows what will come out.For so long media and high profile stable supporters  have suggested high profile players are squeaky clean. They have called anyone who asks questions about performances every name under the sun.   Sadly their blind loyalty,or some would say collusion, appears to have  been misplaced.

• Like 1