Bit Of A Yarn

Ultimate Sniper -v- Cruz Bromac

On 7/12/2019 at 1:00 PM, Gammalite said:

You don't even have to sell them Brodie. Race them over here yourselves.

Paul Court is on to it. Very Smart. Last summer he went to Menangle with HAIL CHRISTIAN 9starts for 4 wins 2 x 2nds and 2 x 3rds and $70k in the bank. Pretty good !!

At home there in NZ for the rest of the year no wins , one third I think from 9 starts. Too hard against Mark.

Back to Menangle last Saturday night for $15, 000 payday win again. Probably win tonight there too.

You are right Gammalite, owners could race them in Oz without selling.

The beauty of Oz is that there are more races for the open class horses in the different states

You are right Gammalite, owners could race them in Oz without selling.

The beauty of Oz is that there are more races for the open class horses in the different states

Definitely Brodie, Flights all the time these days.

Don't know if you saw my Menangle post, but Hail Christian did win again last night for Paul Court. thats 30k Australian dollars in purses for him in a week. take him a year of minors to get that racing in NewZealand 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Definitely Brodie, Flights all the time these days.

Don't know if you saw my Menangle post, but Hail Christian did win again last night for Paul Court. thats 30k Australian dollars in purses for him in a week. take him a year of minors to get that racing in NewZealand 

Its all well and good going to race weak oppo in Aus, but it surely can't be helpful for racing here in the long run Eventually it will be 6 horses in a feature race and 5 of them will we AS horses...yawn

• Like 4

Its all well and good going to race weak oppo in Aus, but it surely can't be helpful for racing here in the long run Eventually it will be 6 horses in a feature race and 5 of them will we AS horses...yawn

Very true unfortunately, but it seems you are nearly at that point already in feature races like the Auckland Cup NZ Cup some Jewels races, even this Very INTERDOMINION FINAL is a bit like that . Only one local that wasn't a Purdon trained runner made it to the final.

Triple Eight, Drawn 8 at the barrier. Even the Chinese won't be backing that with the lucky number lol ? lucky if it gets 8th.

Edited by Gammalite
spelling
  • Like 2

The Group Races are a big financial loss running then for the clubs but they do need them.

Reality is that while the Blue and Silver are around in numbers, racing in NZ will struggle.

At some stage they will reduce numbers and hopefully it is not too late

• Champ Post 1

Reality is that while the Blue and Silver are around in numbers, racing in NZ will struggle.

At some stage they will reduce numbers and hopefully it is not too late

I think you mean All stars reduce numbers ? as opposed to race clubs reducing numbers of 'runners from one stable' for races.

well guess that second option is impossible to in-force although that would make it better racing.

Seems unlikely with the Mega success rate they are having. Last 4 Akld Cups, 5 of 6 last NZ cups, 2 of last 3 Interdominion (and you would have to say about to add another to that)

In fact they are increasing if anything with people like Aussie connections of CRUZ BROMAC popping the horse in with Allstars , and reaping the results. NZ CUP is now in the bag and big chance this Interdominion as well. 

"IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM , JOIN EM"     is the very old saying.

What about Barry Purdon in the North. an absolute Allstar Ally. He is already taking in the opponents. Case in point MARCOOLA and AG WHitesocks who have been major opponents in the past. He will become the Allstars of Auckland !!!!

BELLE OF MONTANA is owned by my fellow Queenslander, millionaire bookmaker Dean Shannon, and in beating one of NZ's most promising horses in WAINUI CREEK the other night , (also left with Barry Purdon these days rather than being beaten up as an opponent) . Proves Barry is going to dominate like ALLstars. Your problems are a long way off finished. with stable domination.

p.s If I was an owner paying a lot of money to these big stables, I would be disgruntled if owned  WAINUI CREEK , for being beaten by a stablemate like that, when would feel better to be beaten by other opposition. (also Chase Auckland, same, victory was handed to AGWhitesocks in one of those heats, yeah , I know , not stablemates, But Might as Well Be.) 

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

I think you mean All stars reduce numbers ? as opposed to race clubs reducing numbers of 'runners from one stable' for races.

well guess that second option is impossible to in-force although that would make it better racing.

Seems unlikely with the Mega success rate they are having. Last 4 Akld Cups, 5 of 6 last NZ cups, 2 of last 3 Interdominion (and you would have to say about to add another to that)

In fact they are increasing if anything with people like Aussie connections of CRUZ BROMAC popping the horse in with Allstars , and reaping the results. NZ CUP is now in the bag and big chance this Interdominion as well. 

"IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM , JOIN EM"     is the very old saying.

What about Barry Purdon in the North. an absolute Allstar Ally. He is already taking in the opponents. Case in point MARCOOLA and AG WHitesocks who have been major opponents in the past. He will become the Allstars of Auckland !!!!

BELLE OF MONTANA is owned by my fellow Queenslander, millionaire bookmaker Dean Shannon, and in beating one of NZ's most promising horses in WAINUI CREEK the other night , (also left with Barry Purdon these days rather than being beaten up as an opponent) . Proves Barry is going to dominate like ALLstars. Your problems are a long way off finished. with stable domination.

p.s If I was an owner paying a lot of money to these big stables, I would be disgruntled if owned  WAINUI CREEK , for being beaten by a stablemate like that, when would feel better to be beaten by other opposition. (also Chase Auckland, same, victory was handed to AGWhitesocks in one of those heats, yeah , I know , not stablemates, But Might as Well Be.) 

Yes I did mean the AllStars because at some stage They will sell off their stable land for development in Rolleston and they would’ve had enough.

Not easy to get horses into the AllStars stables either and don’t ever query what they have charged you for!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 5:36 AM, Taku Umanga said:

CRUZ BROMAC - raced three wide early and middle stages before crossing to race outside the leader passing the 800 metres. Driver M Purdon was questioned regarding his decision to surrender the parked position near the 600 metres to the improving ULTIMATE SNIPER. After hearing initial evidence from Mr Purdon and viewing the replays the investigation was adjourned to enable Stewards to give the matter further consideration.

Who hands up the parked position at the 600 metre stage when everything is sprinting for home?  Missed the win by a head ..... the excuse will be interesting.

Here it is. Easy as pie.

image.thumb.png.14924bb5e5461d7bbfa1ca85e8af2fcd.png