Bit Of A Yarn

Ultimate Sniper -v- Cruz Bromac

9 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yes it is hard to work out a bet with 3 Allstars in a race. so punters do it tough just like the opponents in those races.

I had a big crack at Tiger Tara last year NZ cup , but The Fixer done him a head. Wish I backed up at Interdominion. But didn't even bother this year. (with NZ CUP that is) so I guess that is the way a lot of you guys are feeling too , with the dominance, as seen in this thread.

More often than not Nat is on the right one, although NZ cup the best and hungriest driver I've seen for a long time blew that out of the water......

• Like 1

Are you on their payroll . ?.I appreciate everything they have achieved and we haven't been "thrashed" as such at times, more unlucky if anything with minor placings. 

You are obviously on a need to know basis so without putting myself in an awkward position the case is closed. You can make your own assumptions. 

No mate, NoPayroll. I am retired after racing a few good horses for a few years , in my 50's, living beautiful Brisbane. Bit hot today at 35 degrees though. I just clipped the cat off to cool it down hahahahah

It's a forum here where I have come to Enjoy the Interdominion . Not to worried about your need to know basis whatever that is. 

1983 I was in Auckland for Interdominion and the GAMMALITE win, and we managed to cut down the tall POPPY . 

I hate poppies hahahaha, Rotten Popular Alm beat me 15 out of 17 races against each other.!  So Auckland is Sweet Memories?

More often than not Nat is on the right one, although NZ cup the best and hungriest driver I've seen for a long time blew that out of the water......

will they put him on Cruz for the Final then ? MR Orange.?

Nat was great here in Brissy. Did you know she was married to Grant Dixon while here? and Blacks A Fake , 4 x Interdominion wins , wow

4 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

No mate, NoPayroll. I am retired after racing a few good horses for a few years , in my 50's, living beautiful Brisbane. Bit hot today at 35 degrees though. I just clipped the cat off to cool it down hahahahah

It's a forum here where I have come to Enjoy the Interdominion . Not to worried about your need to know basis whatever that is. 

1983 I was in Auckland for Interdominion and the GAMMALITE win, and we managed to cut down the tall POPPY . 

I hate poppies hahahaha, Rotten Popular Alm beat me 15 out of 17 races against each other.!  So Auckland is Sweet Memories?

Im interested . What were the horses you raced?. Have followed Aussie racing since spending time in Sydney,in the 70,s and marrying an Aussie from Central Coast NSW, ( Taree).

Rassmussens big in Brisbane

Natalie still has 2 sisters here.    Kylie has won catch- driving for Grant while he is there. she trains and drives very well.

Grants current wife got a year for pulling to one side to let Grant through and win a feature trot some time back.

THE STEWARDS DON'T MUCK AROUND HERE AND KEEP IT FAIR. Trista has just had a baby during her year off hahahahah

Vicki has just come back IN after a year disqualification from a race fixing incident 2 years ago. She only trains. Shane Graham was her driver then and was winning the state titles as a driver (beating Grant) but not back in yet and still fighting it out in the courts after 2 years nearly . poor bugger. 

Vicki will sweep to the top of the trainers (2nd to Grant who has 80 odd in work) ranks again soon. Great Horsegirls !!!

8 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Natalie still has 2 sisters here.    Kylie has won catch- driving for Grant while he is there. she trains and drives very well.

Grants current wife got a year for pulling to one side to let Grant through and win a feature trot some time back.

THE STEWARDS DON'T MUCK AROUND HERE AND KEEP IT FAIR. Trista has just had a baby during her year off hahahahah

Vicki has just come back IN after a year disqualification from a race fixing incident 2 years ago. She only trains. Shane Graham was her driver then and was winning the state titles as a driver (beating Grant) but not back in yet and still fighting it out in the courts after 2 years nearly . poor bugger. 

Vicki will sweep to the top of the trainers (2nd to Grant who has 80 odd in work) ranks again soon. Great Horsegirls !!!

A lot of cookery gone on in Brisbane with the likes of cockburn as well

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

do tell

Hahah well obviously can't describe illegal activity as people would think less of me , even here. but a couple of funny ones I have seen that were interesting was  in Vinnie Knight often galloping his runners on their race day mornings at a full clip mind you, for 3-4 laps. He thought that would prepare them for hurtling around in a race trying to get up to that speed as well. In Queensland we can do lots of swimming excercise as warm all year round. Some have a cable across their dams, one place had a row boat and we could row flat out ahead of them up and down the dam. One horse one day went so fast it got past me and headed to the bank , and next second i'm on dry land heading across the paddock in a boat behind the horse hahaha bloody rubber tie of lead to boat wouldn't break like it normally would in urgency. lol. John McMullen, a great Brisbane trainer, swam his behind a rowboat in Breaky Creek next to Albion Park , and one that got off one day was heading into Brisbane river on its own hahah. you can have fun with em for sure.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Hahah well obviously can't describe illegal activity as people would think less of me , even here. but a couple of funny ones I have seen that were interesting was  in Vinnie Knight often galloping his runners on their race day mornings at a full clip mind you, for 3-4 laps. He thought that would prepare them for hurtling around in a race trying to get up to that speed as well. In Queensland we can do lots of swimming excercise as warm all year round. Some have a cable across their dams, one place had a row boat and we could row flat out ahead of them up and down the dam. One horse one day went so fast it got past me and headed to the bank , and next second i'm on dry land heading across the paddock in a boat behind the horse hahaha bloody rubber tie of lead to boat wouldn't break like it normally would in urgency. lol. John McMullen, a great Brisbane trainer, swam his behind a rowboat in Breaky Creek next to Albion Park , and one that got off one day was heading into Brisbane river on its own hahah. you can have fun with em for sure.

You didnt answer my question. What horses did you race Gammalite ?out of curiosity.

You didnt answer my question. What horses did you race Gammalite ?out of curiosity.

This is a public forum. revealing identities is just dumb and leads to un-necessary conflict if someone says something that someone else takes offence too. 

Case in hand is have a look at your greyhound forum chat, where they are getting personal and horrid because they know who each other are and it descended into total nastiness. 

No Thanks.

• Like 2

I see Marky P got questioned again on tactics on Cruz Bromac last night. I dont see why they would ask, when in so many races a horse hands up then goes and retakes the lead. They looking for nothing the stewards.

Also I'm surprised nothing was said about Bling It Ons performance, thought he should have boxed on way better than he did

1 hour ago, Roman said:

I see Marky P got questioned again on tactics on Cruz Bromac last night. I dont see why they would ask, when in so many races a horse hands up then goes and retakes the lead. They looking for nothing the stewards.

Also I'm surprised nothing was said about Bling It Ons performance, thought he should have boxed on way better than he did

Bling It On disappointing effort, gone turning for home.

Star Galleria also a weak effort after having an economical run. He should have done better with a run like that. Is the horse stuffed?

2 hours ago, Roman said:

Bling it on was just the victim of a poor tactical drive. 

It looked obvious the all stars would dominate from the front so you would have thought Bling it on would have gone forward and then handed up to the all stars and end up 3 back the fence.  His alternative waa to creep forward from the 1200m and take the 1/1 behind A G 's whitesocks who was following him.  Probably would have run 3rd with either tactics.

He did neither and instead tried to sprint from the rear from the 800m, wide on the track when they were running a 54 second 800m off the front.  That was setting his horse an impossible task and his poor final placing was more about the drive than the horse in my opinion.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 6:05 PM, Gammalite said:

will they put him on Cruz for the Final then ? MR Orange.?

Nat was great here in Brissy. Did you know she was married to Grant Dixon while here? and Blacks A Fake , 4 x Interdominion wins , wow

Would BO not be on The Fixer with Nat driving Sniper in the Final

Greg

The inters were always going to be a bit controversial this year due to having so many runners from the one stable.

great to have the ozzies over but they have been outclassed really in the pacers.

The final is going to be dominated by the team driving and there is no way that the All Stars arent going to be lengths better than the others.

Forbury park was more interesting racing last night even though the fields were small.

There will be more open class horses sold overseas after the Interdominions have finished without doubt.

No money for most of the pacers in NZ that raced in the heats compared to OZ racing where they will shine.

• Like 1

There will be more open class horses sold overseas after the Interdominions have finished without doubt.

No money for most of the pacers in NZ that raced in the heats compared to OZ racing where they will shine.

You don't even have to sell them Brodie. Race them over here yourselves.

Paul Court is on to it. Very Smart. Last summer he went to Menangle with HAIL CHRISTIAN 9starts for 4 wins 2 x 2nds and 2 x 3rds and $70k in the bank. Pretty good !!

At home there in NZ for the rest of the year no wins , one third I think from 9 starts. Too hard against Mark.

Back to Menangle last Saturday night for $15, 000 payday win again. Probably win tonight there too.

• Like 3