Bit Of A Yarn

Site has gone quiet! What is everyone up to? Ranga?

Brodie

No NZ Harness so is everyone bored by now?

News is about as exciting as Auckland mile racing!

What can we all do to get thru this long winded lockdown period?

Does anyone at all know of anyone that has got this Covid19 virus?

I certainly don’t!!!

One person passed away and the whole country is locked down and going to be paying for this for generations!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

No NZ Harness so is everyone bored by now?

News is about as exciting as Auckland mile racing!

What can we all do to get thru this long winded lockdown period?

Does anyone at all know of anyone that has got this Covid19 virus?

I certainly don’t!!!

One person passed away and the whole country is locked down and going to be paying for this for generations!!

John curtin bloodstock agent had the virus  ranga well is he busy planning his next stack out at hiding in hedges

26 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

John curtin bloodstock agent had the virus  ranga well is he busy planning his next stack out at hiding in hedges

John Curtin had this corona virus and said that it was not as bad as the flu!

So many have it and yet there are next to no symptoms and yet we are closed down?

There is more to it than this flu that was spread by people from a country that is still got these  fucken markets!!

Why on earth are these People allowed to continue spreading these calamitous viruses around the world as it is not the first time?

Are they that damned thick and primitive that the China government allow this to continue??

FFS there needs to be pressure on the Chinese government to stop this shit NOW!
World governments now need to say we are not going to allow this and stop every Chinese person from coming into our country unless you stop these wet markets because you are spreading your disgusting viruses worldwide and you have totally effed every country except your own!!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There is more to it than this flu that was spread by people from a country that is still got these  fucken markets!!

Don't let your xenophobia get in the way of rational thought.

I've been reading a lot about this virus and there is strong evidence that the virus was circulating in a benign fashion for what could be up to a decade.  Mid to late last year new forms of severe pneumonia were being presented in a number of European countries it is now suspected that they were caused by a variant of this Coronavirus if not Covid-19 itself.

There are 8 strains circulating presently and not much is known about differences in virility.

So it may not be a "China" problem and Wuhan may not be the epicentre.  It is quite possible that the dangerous strain was developing in more than one country at once.

As an avid reader of data it seems to me that population density is a key to its transmission and death rate.  Wuhan and New York have a lot in common with regard to population density.  New York is the most densely populated city in the USA.

29 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

has there been an update on the guy that the brodster nobbled

Nobble no one Ranga!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Don't let your xenophobia get in the way of rational thought.

I've been reading a lot about this virus and there is strong evidence that the virus was circulating in a benign fashion for what could be up to a decade.  Mid to late last year new forms of severe pneumonia were being presented in a number of European countries it is now suspected that they were caused by a variant of this Coronavirus if not Covid-19 itself.

There are 8 strains circulating presently and not much is known about differences in virility.

So it may not be a "China" problem and Wuhan may not be the epicentre.  It is quite possible that the dangerous strain was developing in more than one country at once.

As an avid reader of data it seems to me that population density is a key to its transmission and death rate.  Wuhan and New York have a lot in common with regard to population density.  New York is the most densely populated city in the USA.

Chief, we have had oNe death in NZ unfortunately  apparently she had existing conditions.

If we had healthy people dying  I would take this more seriously!

Italy, always have thousands die every year as they have an aged population, 

There is so much false news being given by the news media it just isn’t funny!!!

On 3/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, Brodie said:

So many have it and yet there are next to no symptoms and yet we are closed down?

Why on earth are these People allowed to continue spreading these calamitous viruses around the world as it is not the first time?

Are they that damned thick and primitive that the China government allow this to continue??

World governments now need to say we are not going to allow this and stop every Chinese person from coming into our country unless you stop these wet markets because you are spreading your disgusting viruses worldwide and you have totally effed every country except your own!!!

On 3/31/2020 at 1:23 PM, Brodie said:

They probably started it themselves. they are trying to take over the world. The Aussies are finally waking up to the fact that the Chinese own a hell of a lot of dairy farms, milk processing plants etc even own the Port of Darwin. I watched a sky news programme last night said the rest of the world need to get together and send the biggest reparation bill in history to China. if they dont pay which they wont take back ownership of any chinese businesses.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Way South said:

I think they are a digusting race of people and if they were obliterated off the face of the earth ....earth would be a far safer place.

Ease up pull your reins in.  We don't tolerate blatant racism on BOAY.  Much of what we take for granted today in terms of standard of living and invention either came from China or was invented by China.

Have you ever visited China?  I've been there 5 times and found them a friendly people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eljay said:

They say it started in China then South Korea but "MIRACULOUSLY" it appears North Korea escaped it.     

I've been reading the scientific papers being produced and it seems that the virus is likely to have been circulating for years but in a more benign form.  There is evidence that it was in Europe BEFORE China with unusual severe cases of pneumonia presenting during last year.

The issue with China was that this new strain (there are 8 strains so far) presented in a very densely populated city - Wuhan.  Compare this with New York which is the most densely populated city in USA.

It is highly likely that this virus has been around for a long time and will be here forever.  However the human population will adapt and survive.

There has been quite a bit of media coverage quoting experts saying the virus came from the horseshoe bat. Watching  the Tucker Carlson show on fox today they quoted  Chinese scientists  saying exactly that some 2 months ago. They are the same bat  they have said caused the Sars virus.

Interestingly they say this bat is not found anywhere near Wuhan but the chinese newspaper had  quoted the scientists saying they believed it came from 1 of 2 government laboratories located in Wuhan where they do testing on infectious diseases and import the Horseshoe Bat for the testing . It seems there is now a belief by some governments and experts that the Chinese government deliberately mislead  when they said it came from a food market very close to where the laboratories are situated.  Does have a ring of truth to me given it was china scientists in a chinese run paper who first said it before it became so big..

What was also interesting today was watching the presidential press briefing  where the 2nd in charge of the governmental response team(obama appointed lady and who's name escapes me but appears every day). She clearly stated that they did not believe any of the chinese figures and went further to state that part of the reason for Europe and usa being so  under prepared was because the data from China was totally  inaccurate and  false. 

Edited by the galah

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Interestingly they say this bat is not found anywhere near Wuhan but the chinese newspaper had  quoted the scientists saying they believed it came from 1 of 2 government laboratories located in Wuhan where they do testing on infectious diseases and import the Horseshoe Bat for the testing . It seems there is now a belief by some governments and experts that the Chinese government deliberately mislead  when they said it came from a food market very close to where the laboratories are situated.

For a start I wouldn't rely on Fox News as my definitive source.  FOX - Friend Of Xenophobia!

The science reports that I've read fairly conclusively say that the virus is NOT man made.  They also hypothesise with some fairly solid evidence that the virus albeit in a more benign form has been in circulation for years.

By the way these reports are form Western Scientists NOT Chinese.

33 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

For a start I wouldn't rely on Fox News as my definitive source.  FOX - Friend Of Xenophobia!

The science reports that I've read fairly conclusively say that the virus is NOT man made.  They also hypothesise with some fairly solid evidence that the virus albeit in a more benign form has been in circulation for years.

By the way these reports are form Western Scientists NOT Chinese.

I guess we each have our own views on what to believe.

You say the virus is not man made.  The theory i put forward  said it was carried by a bat then transferred to a human working in a laboratory known to do testing on  infectious diseases carried by the breed of bat in question.

maybe its just coincidence that it started in the part of wuhan where they do the testing ,,maybe not.    

Edited by the galah

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

You say the virus is not man made.  The theory i put forward  said it was carried by a bat then transferred to a human working in a laboratory known to do testing on  infectious diseases carried by the breed of bat in question.

maybe its just coincidence that it started in the part of wuhan where they do the testing ,,maybe not.    

So you believe a theory put forward by Tucker Carlson?

Have a read.  This is the most up to date study so far.  Not it cannot confirm the origin of the virus however it contends that the adaptation occurred in humans AFTER transference. Also the tests on bats and pangolins show it is the latter that has the closest form of the virus to the human ones.

s41591-020-0820-9.pdf

47 minutes ago, the galah said:

your theory rings true with me Galah....They are a deceitful race intent on power and greed. Any country that allows dogs to be barbecued alive and screaming on a spit is scum in my book. I wouldnt go there if you paid me. But i guess people that do go their alot are either into seeing animals cooked and eaten alive or go to find a mail.order bride......

37 minutes ago, Way South said:

your theory rings true with me Galah....They are a deceitful race intent on power and greed. Any country that allows dogs to be barbecued alive and screaming on a spit is scum in my book. I wouldnt go there if you paid me. But i guess people that do go their alot are either into seeing animals cooked and eaten alive or go to find a mail.order bride......

One more post like and you are on moderation.  I'm not risking prosecution for BOAY by your racist hate comments.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

One more post like and you are on moderation.  I'm not risking prosecution for BOAY by your racist hate comments.

is a fact though they do skin dogs ALIVE!  lots of videos by animal welfare groups if you got the stomach for it! but I can see your point that way south might need to temper back his emotion abit, cause yeah thats borderline hate speech and there are laws, good on you for giving him fair warning tho!

5 hours ago, Way South said:

I think they are a digusting race of people

Nearly 1.4 billion people are all the same? Your motto is 'one in, all in'?

I watched a sky news programme last night said the rest of the world need to get together and send the biggest reparation bill in history to China

Get Donald to build a wall around China and get them to pay for it. Worked on Mexico. Save the world.

They probably started it themselves.

Of course. Most countries like to fuck themselves over by killing their own. You are  bound to be right.

Pop into your medicine cabinet and throw the bottle labelled 'simple' on it out the window.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So you believe a theory put forward by Tucker Carlson?

Have a read.  This is the most up to date study so far.  Not it cannot confirm the origin of the virus however it contends that the adaptation occurred in humans AFTER transference. Also the tests on bats and pangolins show it is the latter that has the closest form of the virus to the human ones.

s41591-020-0820-9.pdf 916.37 kB · 1 download

An interesting read thanks. Did not appear to discount the bat theory..

I had read an article on some woman known as the Bat woman,china's leading expert  apparently,after watching Tucker Carlson..

At the end of the article it quoted someone who they said was an expert on the virus  "its crystal clear that bats,once again,are the natural reservoir..... Single introduction to humans followed by sustained human to human transmission"  .  

Edited by the galah

3 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

is a fact though they do skin dogs ALIVE!  lots of videos by animal welfare groups

And don't forget what Aussies do to horses when they transfer them over the border to Queensland. Beat and bash the fuck out of horses before killing them. 

And don't forget what happens in this country.

It a pretty bloody small glasshouse these stones are being thrown in.