Bit Of A Yarn

Site has gone quiet! What is everyone up to? Ranga?

Brodie

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Most countries like to fuck themselves over by killing their own.

30 million  Chinese died of starvation during Mao,s Cultural Revolution. They have a habit of it, but it comes from the top , most dont get a say in it. Surprised Way South got this far with  that sort of invective.

1 minute ago, globederby12 said:

30 million  Chinese died of starvation during Mao,s Cultural Revolution. They have a habit of it, but it comes from the top , most dont get a say in it.

That was the result of ideology.  How many died under Hitler?

As for countries that have a say the leader of Western democracies is hardly crowning himself in glory for his management of the crisis.

36 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And don't forget what Aussies do to horses when they transfer them over the border to Queensland. Beat and bash the fuck out of horses before killing them. 

And don't forget what happens in this country.

It a pretty bloody small glasshouse these stones are being thrown in.

are you seriously trying to compare the two? go to your cabinet and find the bottle of `gullible geriatric` sunshine lollies and guzzle the lot, it seems to be working a treat for you!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

https://www.spca.nz/images/assets/76906/1/20190_list of shame_media_ffo_4.pdf

Have a read and then do a search of animal cruelty in NZ. Not to mention fridge gas and a metalled lined whip in harness racing etc etc.

image.thumb.png.81d51317791f7370128409bca3da15fc.png

Hey Happy Sunrise.... who i must say was a very fair pacer... by Steven Stock if I remember right. 

yes there are mongrels everywhere in every country of the world white,black, brown and yellow makes no difference to.me a society that condones what happens in.those wet markets is not normal or humane. The fact is they do it tp their own people every day as well. Life is too cheap there they appear to be to have no respect for life human or animal.

Take off the rose colured glasses Look at what has happened to the world how many people have been denied a future and most dont even get a funeral. I know who is to.blame 100 per cent  if you believe different that is ur perogative. 

2 minutes ago, Way South said:

Hey Happy Sunrise.... who i must say was a very fair pacer... by Steven Stock if I remember right. 

yes there are mongrels everywhere in every country of the world white,black, brown and yellow makes no difference to.me a society that condones what happens in.those wet markets is not normal or humane. The fact is they do it tp their own people every day as well. Life is too cheap there they appear to be to have no respect for life human or animal.

Take off the rose colured glasses Look at what has happened to the world how many people have been denied a future and most dont even get a funeral. I know who is to.blame 100 per cent  if you believe different that is ur perogative. 

not to mention because of the one child policy due to over population that sons are preferred to carry on the family name and what do you think happens to SOME of the baby girls, some turn up in rubbish bins, need an organ for a transplant? not a problem in China if you got the cash, some poor homeless fucker goes missing!

May I suggest Way South that you tone down your views in public as you are liable to get nailed by our laws.

I suppose you still have a grudge against the Spanish? (Spanish flu pandemic).

Or the USA and Mexico for the 2010 outbreak of Swine Flu?

The issue that we all will need to confront at some stage is over population.  In my opinion that is the root cause of these pandemics, climate change and environmental collapse.

Credit to the Chinese the attempted to address this with their one child policy.  Western Governments are too scared to even mention over population.

44 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

May I suggest Way South that you tone down your views in public as you are liable to get nailed by our laws.

I suppose you still have a grudge against the Spanish? (Spanish flu pandemic).

Or the USA and Mexico for the 2010 outbreak of Swine Flu?

The issue that we all will need to confront at some stage is over population.  In my opinion that is the root cause of these pandemics, climate change and environmental collapse.

Credit to the Chinese the attempted to address this with their one child policy.  Western Governments are too scared to even mention over population.

Yes Chief but Western Govts at least have a democratic system in place and the general populace has a right to say what they think, and vote accordingly.

Under Communism, your rights are stripped , Their one child policy created nothing but a vacuum of eligible workers, and only under Deng Xiaoping did China's standard of living start to improve. But not as you and i would  comprehend it.

The vast bulk of Chinese still live in poverty,. 

• Like 1

On 1/04/2020 at 9:35 PM, globederby12 said:

Their one child policy created nothing but a vacuum of eligible workers

Not correct.  Their birth rate dropped from over six to 1.5.  At 1.5 it is feasible that their total population will drop.  In terms of workers that is an issue that the entire western world is facing because of the large bubble of aged people being supported by less young people.

On 1/04/2020 at 9:35 PM, globederby12 said:

The vast bulk of Chinese still live in poverty,. 

Yes but less than there has been previously.  China has always had poverty.

On 1/04/2020 at 8:32 PM, Way South said:

a society that condones what happens in.those wet markets is not normal or humane.

What society is this? Does NZ 'society' condone the rate of child abuse or domestic violence in this country? Must do as it is never ending or is paying lip service good enough?

On 1/04/2020 at 8:32 PM, Way South said:

The fact is they do it tp their own people every day as well. Life is too cheap there they appear to be to have no respect for life human or animal.

Easy to slag a country off and make yourself feel better. There are not too many countries around the world that can look down on others. I certainly don't think NZ can.

But hey, in New Zealand, we say 'be kind' and that makes us think we are special and different but we are not. One only has to look at the news to see that this place has its own underbelly just like anywhere else.

• Like 1

Way South has probably started his postings with a bit too much hatred, even though he is possibly stating what a heck of a lot of people around the world are thinking!

My personal view is that the Chinese government and the World Health Organization have been blatantly negligent and are very much to blame for what has occurred.

So many around the world killed and the world financial systems killed by the piss poor efforts of these 2 parties.

So many people are now going to suffer because of the Chinese government laxness, and we are meant to accept this?

Chief, whether this has been around for years is irrelevant, the Chinese and WHO have effed up majorly, and everyone is now paying.

I also believe that there is a lot more to it than an innocent  nat spreading a disease!!!!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

So many people are now going to suffer because of the Chinese government laxness, and we are meant to accept this?

I don't believe they were lax.  Compare their efforts to President Trump who quite frankly is looking like a complete idiot.  

Wuhan has a population of just over 11 million roughly twice the size of New Zealand.  We struggle to get 5 million people in order let alone twice that!  

Wuhan is in Hubei Province which has a population of 58 million.

We have all suffered in this country with the slowness of bureaucracy.  In Hubei there would be about 5 levels of semi-autonomous government.  Messages move upwards slowly.

How else do you manage those numbers of people without multiple levels of government?  The same type of systems are evident in USA and Australia.  Compare China's response to those countries.

43 minutes ago, Brodie said:

whether this has been around for years is irrelevant

I don't believe it is irrelevant.  There have been pandemics/epidemics around forever in human history.  The first recorded being the Antoine Plague 165-180AD.  5 million people died.

The Black Death Plague of 1347 - 1351 killed 200m.

The Spanish Flu 1918-19 killed over 50m - some estimates are 100m.

None of these so far mentioned were in times of global air travel.

So this particular virus has been circulating for quite some time but only recently changing its structure to cause serious illness.

Note NZ has only had 1 death so far, 2 people are critical and there are about 12 people hospitalised.

By the way 780 people will die in NZ this week regardless of Covid-19.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I also believe that there is a lot more to it than an innocent  nat spreading a disease!!!!!!

Yep the conspiracy theories will start.  Do you honestly believe that any Government would impose this upon their people?  I don't think so.  So that leaves accidental infection out of research labs.  Possible but evidence so far on the structure of the virus says no.  Plus damn near every country in the world has research labs investigating infectious diseases.

deadliestpandemics-infographic-23.jpg

• Champ Post 1

22 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Plus damn near every country in the world has research labs investigating infectious diseases

Yet for all the accumulated medical knowledge gained since the start of time the medical profession can't even agree to whether wearing  a face mask is benefical of not.

46 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Brodie, what would be the benefit of doing so?

Good question!

it is interesting that the virus did not get into Beijing and the other big cities in China?

Do I believe that China Govt.respects its peoples lives?

No I don’t and there are several reasons for saying that!

Do I believe that they acted the way they did on purpose?

Yes I do!

Of course many won’t agree with me and that is their prerogative but what you couldn’t disagree with is that the way it was handled by them and WHO was abysmal!!!

NZ is in a pretty good way in terms of the no. Of cases currently and only 10 in hospital nationwide and prob all with existing conditions.

Do I think we are being led by a competent government at this time? 

Hell no!!!

29 minutes ago, Brodie said:

it is interesting that the virus did not get into Beijing and the other big cities in China?

That's not true Brodie.  Although the numbers haven't been large there have been infected people in most if not all the major cities in China.  

I laugh when I hear our PM about going hard!  Wuhan City/Hubei Province was locked down fairly quickly.  A Chinese lockdown would make ours look like a national holiday.  When China did move the moved a damn sight harder than we have.

Also bear in mind that the Chinese population have had experience with SARS.  I visited China in 2002 BEFORE SARS and was somewhat taken back with the Chinese propensity to spit instead of using a handkerchief.  Not that our use of cloth handkerchief's is very hygienic!

I visited again in late 2003 AFTER the epidemic had finished.  The difference was astounding.  There were official signs everywhere telling people not to spit and that there were fines or worse for those that did. No one was spitting.  Lots of people were wearing masks - many did anyway because the pollution in the cities requires it.  Typical Chinese capitalism and there were lots of sanitised disposible wipes being used.  Basically everyone had accepted the orders, conformed and got on with things.

The point I'm getting to is China has had what you would call a dry (wet?) run with a significant epidemic in recent times.  The populous would have responded a damn sight quicker than ours.