Bit Of A Yarn

Site has gone quiet! What is everyone up to? Ranga?

Brodie

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Well take your meds!

Please show us all where you have read that Covid19 is a SuperBug?

By definition Covid-19 CAN'T be a Superbug.  Superbug's are bacterial and resistant to antibiotics.

Covid-19 is a virus.  However as far as Supevirus is concerned - the jury is out.  There is no cure yet. 

2 minutes ago, Mehe said:

Hey Brodie your the one that's on meds here boy 

Time you should start researching as your still in denial 

Go and have a bet on  ozzie horse see if you can get a 1000 on 

Answer the question?

Where have you read or heard that it is a SuperBug?

It has been clearly stated that the virus doesn’t like temperature!

Don’t need to research anything, doesn’t affect me and I will leave to the scientists!

$1000 on an Ozzie horse? How do you suggest I do that?

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

By definition Covid-19 CAN'T be a Superbug.  Superbug's are bacterial and resistant to antibiotics.

Covid-19 is a virus.  However as far as Supevirus is concerned - the jury is out.  There is no cure yet. 

Chief, none that have been approved yet!

There are several things in the pipeline that do kill it!

The Don announced this morning that he has said go for it with a medicine with the hard to pronounce name.

It ain’t no Super Bug or virus.

Catchy virus yes.

I just twigged - Brodie is a Trumper.

I guess you are talking about hydroxychloroquine.  All Trump has approved is movement of supplies of it out of the national stockpile.  The FDA has NOT approved it for the treatment of Covid-19.

Interestingly the main science paper for suggesting using this anti-malaria drug comes from Wuhan, China.

Also it doesn't KILL Covid-19 it treats the symptoms i.e. inflammation of the lungs.  Which the anti-malaria drug also treats in malaria cases!

Another problem with prescribing a medication for everyone rather than those already severely infected is that it creates the possibility of the virus adapting quicker.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I just twigged - Brodie is a Trumper.

I guess you are talking about hydroxychloroquine.  All Trump has approved is movement of supplies of it out of the national stockpile.  The FDA has NOT approved it for the treatment of Covid-19.

Interestingly the main science paper for suggesting using this anti-malaria drug comes from Wuhan, China.

Also it doesn't KILL Covid-19 it treats the symptoms i.e. inflammation of the lungs.  Which the anti-malaria drug also treats in malaria cases!

Another problem with prescribing a medication for everyone rather than those already severely infected is that it creates the possibility of the virus adapting quicker.

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/results-from-a-controlled-trial-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-covid19

whats your best guess as to the 4 week lockdown time? heard what cindy says but wonder if shes not just trying to soften the blow, wouldnt it all just start again? or do you think this gradual leveldown is viable? I hope so but I dont known enough about it and wonder if its just pr to keep us calm and motivated to not give up?

13 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

whats your best guess as to the 4 week lockdown time? heard what cindy says but wonder if shes not just trying to soften the blow, wouldnt it all just start again? or do you think this gradual leveldown is viable? I hope so but I dont known enough about it and wonder if its just pr to keep us calm and motivated to not give up?

I'm picking they'll go for six weeks but with some let up on some things.  Why they hell they shut butcher shops I have no idea!  I went to the supermarket last Thursday and across the road the Organic shop was open.  I guess the Greens put it on the "essential" list.

I think our testing regime is being manipulated to hide the true extent of the number of people infected.  The stats globally are saying that 50% of people that get it have no symptoms!  Therefore one must assume that that number of people infected in NZ is much higher than 1,000.

There are still 1000 empty beds in the hospitals!

I don't believe the general public can sustain more than 6 weeks.  People will start to suffer and we reach the situation where people will be getting ill from other things.  For example personally for the last few days I've experienced an illness that normally I would have visited a doctor.  Instead I'm lucky to have a sister who is a nurse who has give me good advice.  Now there will be people out there compromising their health because they are sticking to the rules.  That can only happen for so long.

Another factor to consider is we are entering the time of the year which is supposedly the most favourable for the virus to spread.

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'm picking they'll go for six weeks but with some let up on some things.  Why they hell they shut butcher shops I have no idea!  I went to the supermarket last Thursday and across the road the Organic shop was open.  I guess the Greens put it on the "essential" list.

I think our testing regime is being manipulated to hide the true extent of the number of people infected.  The stats globally are saying that 50% of people that get it have no symptoms!  Therefore one must assume that that number of people infected in NZ is much higher than 1,000.

There are still 1000 empty beds in the hospitals!

I don't believe the general public can sustain more than 6 weeks.  People will start to suffer and we reach the situation where people will be getting ill from other things.  For example personally for the last few days I've experienced an illness that normally I would have visited a doctor.  Instead I'm lucky to have a sister who is a nurse who has give me good advice.  Now there will be people out there compromising their health because they are sticking to the rules.  That can only happen for so long.

Another factor to consider is we are entering the time of the year which is supposedly the most favourable for the virus to spread.

thanks! would rather be given a realistic expectation and deal with it, than be strung along with misleading numbers and hope. hope you get well soon.

1 minute ago, Mehe said:

What are you on about now 

Keep up son

Needed an interpreter to understand what the goobledegook read!

Anyway, you want to continue to have a go at Brodie, I will not respond to your trolling!

Go and do some charity work to occupy your brilliant mind!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

whats your best guess as to the 4 week lockdown time?

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'm picking they'll go for six weeks but with some let up on some things

The stated 4 weeks but with a rewrite of what Level 3 and 2 are. 

The government are flying blind (as they have been the whole time)  as they come out of this  so will change the criteria of the levels to suit what they need. They will get people back to work which is vital but keep the demographic groups such as the elderly shut away and schools closed. No gatherings etc and social distancing as far as possible.

Reality is that the side affects of this lockdown is going to be far greater than the virus itself.

We have a dozen in hospitals around the whole country and hospitals are only half full.

We have had one death unfortunately who already had issues.

People’s mental health is going to suffer more from lost revenue from business and severe strain on relationships are going to have dire consequences unfortunately.

There has to be an exit strategy that needs to be put in place rather than blah blah blah from Ardern,

Robertson has gone off about this $585 per week but didn’t say that it was gross and needed taxing!

He waffled on about these Bank loans, but these are not being given out silly nilly!

Business still need to show that it is responsible lending as they will sell you up and make you Bankrupt if it is not paid back, so if you have a suspect business why would you bother?

This government has a bad habit of spurting off without any details and without thought of the consequences!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Reality is that the side affects of this lockdown is going to be far greater than the virus itself.

We have a dozen in hospitals around the whole country and hospitals are only half full.

We have had one death unfortunately who already had issues.

People’s mental health is going to suffer more from lost revenue from business and severe strain on relationships are going to have dire consequences unfortunately.

There has to be an exit strategy that needs to be put in place rather than blah blah blah from Ardern,

Robertson has gone off about this $585 per week but didn’t say that it was gross and needed taxing!

He waffled on about these Bank loans, but these are not being given out silly nilly!

Business still need to show that it is responsible lending as they will sell you up and make you Bankrupt if it is not paid back, so if you have a suspect business why would you bother?

This government has a bad habit of spurting off without any details and without thought of the consequences!!!!!

I agree! The economic fallout will cost more lives than covid.