Bit Of A Yarn

Matt Anderson disqualified for 6 months

Rangatira

1 minute ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Whoa... hold the horses.

You are talking bullshit, again. Where did I ever say he should have "got 10 years"?

Don't put words in my mouth or accuse me of things I have not done or said.

Honest John said it and you immediately agreed with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Six months is not long to be on the sidelines my old mate. Mr Anderson is young and he has time to rebuild his promising career. He has made some bad choices, like most of us do when young, but he can put this incident behind him and be successful again. 

Oldman so you want matt gone for 10 years so you be happy if nat goes for ten years too???

9 hours ago, Noodlum said:

Honest John said it and you immediately agreed with him.

I repeat quote where I said "10 years" you tosser.

Your comprehension skills are zero, stirring 100%. I agreed with Honest John that his sentence was light. I never said anything about 10 years.

Get your facts right you lily-livered cretin!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Oldman so you want matt gone for 10 years so you be happy if nat goes for ten years too???

I am disappointed in your HP. We know that Noodlum is a yellow-bellied stirrer but I did not expect you to stoop as low as him. I did not say Matt should be gone for 10 years. You and your loudmouth mate Noodlum have yet to show where I said that. And the reason you cannot is because I did NOT say it. Get your facts right!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

I am disappointed in your HP. We know that Noodlum is a yellow-bellied stirrer but I did not expect you to stoop as low as him. I did not say Matt should be gone for 10 years. You and your loudmouth mate Noodlum have yet to show where I said that. And the reason you cannot is because I did NOT say it. Get your facts right!

Both support NM so their is a pattern emerging🤔

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Six months is not long to be on the sidelines my old mate. Mr Anderson is young and he has time to rebuild his promising career. He has made some bad choices, like most of us do when young, but he can put this incident behind him and be successful again. 

Unfortunately one M Anderson appeared in court this week on assault charge,

Edited by JJ Flash

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Both support NM so their is a pattern emerging🤔

The support McGrath gets from me is due to the absolute farce INCA has been and the fact no one should be subjected to the harassment he has.  At the end of it they found SFA.

I hope he appeals.  If he doesn't have the finance to do so then I'm happy to organise the fund raising.

If laws are not fairly applied then that is no good to anyone.

11 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

I repeat quote where I said "10 years" you tosser.

Your comprehension skills are zero, stirring 100%. I agreed with Honest John that his sentence was light. I never said anything about 10 years.

Get your facts right you lily-livered 

So if in your opinion 6 months was "too light" and even though you agreed with the post that said "10 years" what should the sentence have been?

Plus gives us your reasoned justification for it.

22 minutes ago, the galah said:

The drive on jimmy cannon in race 3 today. Failing to pull out with 250m to go certainly not seen very often.Be interesting to read the stipes report on that one. Yes i did back it,but really any normal driver would get 2 months,so we will wait and see.

But it does happen. The horse pulled too much last start when it fell in a hole and looked liked it was a little similar today.

It had its chance to win the race today. Had heaps of time to run past the winner. Might have been in front for a moment before the post too but just couldn't do it.

15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

But it does happen. The horse pulled too much last start when it fell in a hole and looked liked it was a little similar today.

It had its chance to win the race today. Had heaps of time to run past the winner. Might have been in front for a moment before the post too but just couldn't do it.

Seriously,i think you have watched a totally different race.

With 300m to run its over racing, hard on the back of the parked horse,yet fails to pull out with 250m to when a horse moves up outside it.It was only luck that it did not end in a pocket. Clearly you have not followed jimmy cannon,as it has always been a bit one paced,although that really is not relevant,as nor is its last start performance.

I defy anyone else to watch that race and then say that drive does not deserve a holiday.

11 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

Yeah na The Galah is an expert even though he has probably never driven a horse in his life.

Typical noodlum/chief,attack the person,as no merit in what you have to say. If that was purdon ,we would never hear the end of it,but your pin up boys are the ones who have lost their licences.Nice standards

Edited by the galah

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Clearly you have not followed jimmy cannon

Has won leading. Jesse Alford taking over has made a difference.

I think it had its chance. It was not going to be going any faster after the line anyway. Had peaked.

There is no way 'any normal driver' would get two months for that drive.

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Typical noodlum/chief,attack the person,as no merit in what you have to say. If that was purdon ,we would never hear the end of it,but your pin up boys are the ones who have lost their licences.Nice standards

If it wasn't Anderson you wouldn't have bothered to comment.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Has won leading. Jesse Alford taking over has made a difference.

I think it had its chance. It was not going to be going any faster after the line anyway. Had peaked.

There is no way 'any normal driver' would get two months for that drive.

Clearly we have different opinions,and your entitled to yours.

However think about this,had Anderson pulled out like any other diver would have,he would not have had to make up 2 lengths on a horse who had all the momentum up in comparison with him. It only got beaten a nose.Also think about how by not pulling out,he got boxed in for 100m at a crucial time,and only got a run because the horse following the winner up faded back. I know i'm not the only one thinking that,i have already spoken to another couple of good judges who say he should get a holiday.

17 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

If it wasn't Anderson you wouldn't have bothered to comment.  

Like i said,no merit so attack the person.

I have only ever posted twice about M Anderson's drives on here. The other was the Nelson race the subject of the inca inquiry,which i labelled the most obvious case of a horse being pulled i had seen for some time.And as to your comment about my having never driven,how many winners have you driven?I'm guessing i have driven more than you.

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

However think about this,had Anderson pulled out like any other diver would have,he would not have had to make up 2 lengths on a horse who had all the momentum up in comparison with him.

The driver of Lennox Bromac didn't pull out in front of Brantley either.

Anderson also saved lengths by not going 3 wide around the bend, regardless of whether he got caught napping by how fast Brantley went by.

7 minutes ago, the galah said:

Also think about how by not pulling out,he got boxed in for 100m at a crucial time

Don't think the horse was boxed in at any stage.

10 minutes ago, the galah said:

and only got a run because the horse following the winner up faded back.

Only got a run? But it did get a run. This didn't actually happen so is a moot point.

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

I know i'm not the only one thinking that,i have already spoken to another couple of good judges who say he should get a holiday.

There is no way he should get a holiday. The race changed very quickly with Brantley sprinting so quickly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

The driver of Lennox Bromac didn't pull out in front of Brantley either.

Anderson also saved lengths by not going 3 wide around the bend, regardless of whether he got caught napping by how fast Brantley went by.

Don't think the horse was boxed in at any stage.

Only got a run? But it did get a run. This didn't actually happen so is a moot point.

There is no way he should get a holiday. The race changed very quickly with Brantley sprinting so quickly. 

Yes the horse following jimmy cannon did not pull out,but jimmy cannon was travelling easily,the horse following was not.Thats the point.

How did anderson save ground?.He went from 1  length in front of the  winner to 2 lenghts behind with 200m to go.

This was more than a driver making an average tactical decision.

5 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

So Galah will you hammer the RIU if Anderson doesn't get 2 months for the drive?  Will you agree with the rest of us that the only thing the RIU has any competency in is inconsistency?

I have expressed my opinion. 

I have been critical of the stipes when i thought it deserved.

I would have said a driver deserved a suspension on maybe a dozen times in the last 3 years. 3 of those turned out to be the subject of INCA. Thats how obvious they were.I have always said that the failure of the stipes to penalise questionable driving leads to more questionable driving. There would never have been an inca if the stipes were on top of the questionable behaviour.  That was then,now we currently have a RIU who are doing the job they are their for,which is why i support them. That doesn't mean i will always agree with them.