Bit Of A Yarn

Matt Anderson disqualified for 6 months

Rangatira

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

This was more than a driver making an average tactical decision.

He drove the horse extremely well. Didn't spend a penny throughout. He may have been beaten tactically by Brantley in a split second.

If he gets 2 months for that drive I will give up harness racing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

He drove the horse extremely well. Didn't spend a penny throughout. He may have been beaten tactically by Brantley in a split second.

If he gets 2 months for that drive I will give up harness racing.

Personally think it was a first class drive from Matt Anderson!

The horse is no champion and dint know how he couldve driven it any better?

The only question out of that race is how much better Brantley went?

To be fair though, there have been several horses go good after leaving the previous trainers barn!

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally think it was a first class drive from Matt Anderson!

The horse is no champion and dint know how he couldve driven it any better?

The only question out of that race is how much better Brantley went?

To be fair though, there have been several horses go good after leaving the previous trainers barn!

I've decided to pull the pin on commenting anymore. 

This site is just the same as the other one.

Its all about the personalities,and this is the deciding factor in how people comment.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

That is not possible with that Scooby in charge of the other one.

4 minutes ago, the galah said:

Its all about the personalities,and this is the deciding factor in how people comment.

I disagree with your assessment of the drive and I am not saying I am right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the galah said:

I've decided to pull the pin on commenting anymore. 

Galah, why would you want to stop commenting?

We dont have to agree with everything anyone says!

You dont agree with everything I say, just like I dont always agree with your point of view!

Personally think you are on the money on most things!

Wouldnt matter who the driver was on jimmy Canon today, I think it was a very good drive and gave the horse every chance possible.

He had the chance to run Brantley down but wasnt quite good enough!

Dont take your bat and ball away, you are good value Galah!

Edited by Brodie

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Galah, why would you want to stop commenting?

We dont have to agree with everything anyone says!

You dont agree with everything I say, just like I dont always agree with your point of view!

Personally think you are on the money on most things!

Wouldnt matter who the driver was on jimmy Canon today, I think it was a very good drive and have the horse every chance possible.

He had the chance to run Brantley down but wasnt quite good enough!

Dont take your bat and ball away, you are good value Galah!

I just seem to spend too much time on here.(especially when i should be watching the races,or doing the jobs the wife has for me.) I've really enjoyed contributing,enjoy reading yours and others comments,and i guess that helps get some balance on my views. But i do think when it comes to certain  personalities involved in inca,some will never do anything wrong in the eyes of some.

You have taken a few holidays from posting,so thats what i will do. I will keep reading them.keep up the good postings.

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You have the best comments on here. 

Let some be parochial. Who cares 😂

Ah ,you flatterer. Everyone has a point of view worth reading,its interesting to know how everyone sees things.

14 minutes ago, the galah said:

I just seem to spend too much time on here.(especially when i should be watching the races,or doing the jobs the wife has for me.) I've really enjoyed contributing,enjoy reading yours and others comments,and i guess that helps get some balance on my views. But i do think when it comes to certain  personalities involved in inca,some will never do anything wrong in the eyes of some.

You have taken a few holidays from posting,so thats what i will do. I will keep reading them.keep up the good postings.

Ah ,you flatterer. Everyone has a point of view worth reading,its interesting to know how everyone sees things.

I take a break from time to time Galah!

When someone pisses me off lol.

Yes you can spend time on here, but your wife might get sick and tired of annoying ner and want you back on the Premier Harness Site!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Noodlum said:

What does Galah expect when he has a go at Anderson in a thread on an unrelated topic.  Other than it is about Anderson.

The immediate inference whether it was intended or not is that Anderson was cheating.

Whether it was related or not, Matt Anderson as far as I am aware, is not a cheat, unless someone can prove me otherwise.

He is a driver like Blair Orange and John Dunn that normally always tries to put their horse in a winning position.

The Nelson race with Johnny White, is the race that keeps getting thought about when Matt went back after the start first day and forward the second day.

First day the horse went average at best and would not have beaten the Court horse irrespective of how it was driven!

Lets get the Courts to prove that there was race fixing ASAP or drop the charges as the Barristers are getting Fatter by the day, and the charged are bleeding big time!!!

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The Nelson race with Johnny White, is the race that keeps getting thought about when Matt went back after the start first day and forward the second day.

First day the horse went average at best and would not have beaten the Court horse irrespective of how it was driven!

Lets get the Courts to prove that there was race fixing ASAP or drop the charges as the Barristers are getting Fatter by the day, and the charged are bleeding big time!!!

Yes the whole bloody thing is a farce.  Made worse by certain RIU employees getting it wrong and now seeking retribution.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

And what do the RIU see from this race? Whip use!

JIMMY CANNON - when spoken to regarding the gelding's improved performance trainer J Alford explained the horse had raced too keenly last week leading him to make several gear changes this week which had allowed the horse to settle throughout. He added that his runner today had enjoyed an economical run and met a field which was a significant drop back in calibre than recently encountered opposition. Driver M Anderson was spoken to regarding his use of the whip and an Information was opened and adjourned by the JCA until the NZ Metropolitan TC meeting on 24 July 2020.

If they go back 2 starts it went an improver's race. RIU would be the worst punter's in the world but I have always thought that.

As for the whip use,  I counted 12 for Jimmy and he shook the reins a lot in those too. 11 on Brantley. Go for your life RIU. Try defining what constitutes one use of the whip. And you lot have to open and adjourn an information. I certainly hope Matt Anderson has priors to warrant this.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And what do the RIU see from this race? Whip use!

JIMMY CANNON - when spoken to regarding the gelding's improved performance trainer J Alford explained the horse had raced too keenly last week leading him to make several gear changes this week which had allowed the horse to settle throughout. He added that his runner today had enjoyed an economical run and met a field which was a significant drop back in calibre than recently encountered opposition. Driver M Anderson was spoken to regarding his use of the whip and an Information was opened and adjourned by the JCA until the NZ Metropolitan TC meeting on 24 July 2020.

If they go back 2 starts it went an improver's race. RIU would be the worst punter's in the world but I have always thought that.

As for the whip use,  I counted 12 for Jimmy and he shook the reins a lot in those too. 11 on Brantley. Go for your life RIU. Try defining what constitutes one use of the whip. And you lot have to open and adjourn an information. I certainly hope Matt Anderson has priors to warrant this.

The Racing Integrity Unit, is no such thing!

They have become totally the opposite and have no integrity whatsoever!

They have a warped sense of what integrity is!

Matt has been disqualified for 6 months and these men of integrity want to nail him again for wanting to win a race?

Go figure?

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 1

21 hours ago, Noodlum said:

What's your point?  Other than shit stirring.

My point is simply a M Anderson was in court on assault charges.I believe the case is ongoing so cannot say if he is guilty or not guilty.

As for Shit stirring , that's your domain and your a gold medal performer IMHO

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 1

On 17 July 2020 at 3:39 PM, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Agree, Honest John.

I think he got off lightly. We have all made mistakes when young like Mr Anderson so hopefully he will have time to reflect while on the sidelines and put the past behind him. Do the crime, do the time and come back and resume his career.

Agree, hope he's learnt. It's all about choices in life, I was offered ecstasy many years ago, a slippery road I never wanted to take. Young people bitch about life, hell 60 years ago they could have been fighting for their country? Although the young ones today have it to easy.

The thing is if you know these guys you are biased. They might be "nice" guys with you.  But to some they are just young thugs. Entitled comes to mind.  Trainers that trained for me were unblemished in the game and they normally drove as well. There's another few who are banned from rugby  and abused fellow drivers, all young.  There's a problem there.  And experienced trainer drivers supplying drugs is not on. 

My 2c

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

Agree, hope he's learnt. It's all about choices in life, I was offered ecstasy many years ago, a slippery road I never wanted to take. Young people bitch about life, hell 60 years ago they could have been fighting for their country? Although the young ones today have it to easy.

The thing is if you know these guys you are biased. They might be "nice" guys with you.  But to some they are just young thugs. Entitled comes to mind.  Trainers that trained for me were unblemished in the game and they normally drove as well. There's another few who are banned from rugby  and abused fellow drivers, all young.  There's a problem there.  And experienced trainer drivers supplying drugs is not on. 

My 2c

So explain why YOU think "he should have got 10 years"?

2 hours ago, Noodlum said:

So explain why YOU think "he should have got 10 years"?

If it was my choice he'd be gone for life.  Maybe it's because I abhor cheats.?  Maybe I was raised not to cheat or do drugs. You an apologist for his behaviour? If so, we have nothing to say anymore.

25 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

If it was my choice he'd be gone for life.  Maybe it's because I abhor cheats.?

What did he cheat at?  Now you've increased his sentence from 10 years to life!

I guess you have never had a speeding fine in your life.

• Like 1