Bit Of A Yarn

FFA & Dominion picks

Mikie

it would be hard to top my awesome tipping effort to my mate on Cup Day

I gave him 7 horses to couple up in a place multi, taking any 5 of 7, and any 6 of 7

Of the 7 horses I tipped not 1 (that's not "one") ran in the first 3

No one could do worse than that if they tried

The only thing saving me from complete ridicule from him is that he took a 5 leg multi on the MMA, of which there are only 2 selections available, he got all 5 wrong

FFA: Amazing Dream to beat Spankem , Classie Brigade and Ashley Locaz

Dominion: Sundee's Son; with Majestic Lavros and Tough Monarch to be part of the First 4

That'll put the kiss of death on all them

Mikie

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The FFA is a bore fest. The only interest is how Amazing Dream will go. Watch the team tactics there.

In the Dom even though we have two in it,( Majestic Man and Dark Horse) I think Majestic Lavros is a live chance. He can be dickey at times but has a huge motor . Personally I think Sundees Son will break again sometime during the running. Tough Monarch can stay all day, but maybe a little long in the tooth, but a place chance. The obvious threat as he is racing out of his skin is Heavy Weight Hero, just keeps finding. And as good as they are I think the extreme distance "might" have the youngsters struggling a bit ( Cracker Hill, Muscle Mountain). They will now probably quinella the event. Lol.  If Dark Horse was properly fit I would put her in ahead of most of these as they regard her as a stayer , and covered up has a withering finish.? .Only niggling injury's have kept her from accumulating a better record. Good punting guys

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I won't bother to post my tips as they are losers 😂

We are a dream team, Mikie.

Have a crack at it Happy Sunrise !!! You nearly won this race in your last NZ raceday start. Ricky May (red armbands) steering you to 5th in the NZ FFA in the best (closest finish) race I have ever seen.

Nearly 6 in a row across the track , and the whole field in the photo.

A Purdon horse winning (just like this year ) with AGH on Luxary Liner pipping the Cup winner My Lightning Blue (in the centre there with lugging pole), right on the line unfortunately.

DSC02004.JPG

• Like 1

I'm with Globe.

Sundees son if he trots all the way will be tough, but I thought at Kaikoura he galloped in sympathy, meaning god knows where his head is at.

I'll go Heavyweight Hero, seems he is in the zone and an older stronger horse, 3200m should suit

10 hours ago, globederby12 said:

The only interest is how Amazing Dream will go. Watch the team tactics there.

Wont be as much team driving in FFA as the performance of Williamson boys in the Dominion. Will Nathan just drill his drive as he usually does or might Matt try to do likewise.  And thats if they get a fair start 

11 hours ago, globederby12 said:

The FFA is a bore fest. The only interest is how Amazing Dream will go. Watch the team tactics there.

In the Dom even though we have two in it,( Majestic Man and Dark Horse) I think Majestic Lavros is a live chance. He can be dickey at times but has a huge motor . Personally I think Sundees Son will break again sometime during the running. Tough Monarch can stay all day, but maybe a little long in the tooth, but a place chance. The obvious threat as he is racing out of his skin is Heavy Weight Hero, just keeps finding. And as good as they are I think the extreme distance "might" have the youngsters struggling a bit ( Cracker Hill, Muscle Mountain). They will now probably quinella the event. Lol.  If Dark Horse was properly fit I would put her in ahead of most of these as they regard her as a stayer , and covered up has a withering finish.? .Only niggling injury's have kept her from accumulating a better record. Good punting guys

Good luck with your horses in the Dominion, I hope they both get a clear run. It is a hard race to pick the winner.

FFA is boring. Be interesting to see if Classie Brigade can foot it with the All Stars from his good draw? The Dunns had a poor Cup day, they will be hoping the team performs better today.

All the best 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Extremely hard fields to pick and look harder than Cup Day.

Can not see anything at all that looks like value and worth the gamble.

Hopefully turnover will hold up but the fact that the Kiwi Punters Championship wasnt held this year will affect it quite a lot.

Agree mate. I did alright on Cup Day and made a healthy profit. I will have a few bets today but not confident. Most of the horses I like have bad draws. 

Good luck on the punt everyone...

• Like 1

I always like to start off with a winner in the first race. I'm going to box royal pride($9),i dream of jeannie($6) and show me the grey($71) in a quinella. Then in race 2 i like playa vista($41),but its drawn terrible and always gets a bad run so probably can only place. Then in race 3 i thought deus ex($11) was the likely winner but it too has a terrible draw.. In that race i see watch me now is the hot favorite. Recent southern racing has shown the barclay/ellis team has gone up a level again, so they must be hard.

Good morning New Zealand, What a day to be enthusiastic about our great Sport !!!

FFA/ Dominion Day, history of great racing, If you're bored you are half dead already.

A lot of the threads show a lot of grizzling and criticism of all things harness, which is surprising as thought there must be some fans still in NZ, that enjoy their Champions of the Track ? 

Maybe you will fire up today?

Well here's a chance for some cash for you as the FFA is a gift . (for the punters)

to Reinvest a redback (do you call them that in NZ?) after the $10 straight pick Tri on Self Sssured, Spankem , Ashley Locaz CUP trifecta , netting over $800 (Thank you Mark, you are a legend)

Looks like Spankem, Amazing Dream, then Ashley Locaz today ? How easy does it get?

BTW 'Beyond Words" has a beautiful draw in the race prior doesn't he? Hope the starter can get him away safely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Good morning New Zealand, What a day to be enthusiastic about our great Sport !!!

FFA/ Dominion Day, history of great racing, If you're bored you are half dead already.

A lot of the threads show a lot of grizzling and criticism of all things harness, which is surprising as thought there must be some fans still in NZ, that enjoy their Champions of the Track ? 

Maybe you will fire up today?

Well here's a chance for some cash for you as the FFA is a gift . (for the punters)

to Reinvest a redback (do you call them that in NZ?) after the $10 straight pick Tri on Self Sssured, Spankem , Ashley Locaz CUP trifecta , netting over $800 (Thank you Mark, you are a legend)

Looks like Spankem, Amazing Dream, then Ashley Locaz today ? How easy does it get?

BTW 'Beyond Words" has a beautiful draw in the race prior doesn't he? Hope the starter can get him away safely.

Good on ya mate.

I collected plenty on Cup Day but not as confident today. The two horse I have been following both drawn poorly. The speed will be on as it is a cracker day, already 24degC at 11.20!

Well done on the tri... All Stars are worth backing after all. I also got a bit off Ashley Locaz in Cup, great place money.

• Champ Post 1

17 hours ago, Brodie said:

Extremely hard fields to pick and look harder than Cup Day.

Can not see anything at all that looks like value and worth the gamble.

Hopefully turnover will hold up but the fact that the Kiwi Punters Championship wasnt held this year will affect it quite a lot.

I was not aware that there was a Punting Competition again this year!

Obviously it was advertised somewhere or they wouldnt have any teams!

Does anyone know where it was advertised as the last race was the first time I had heard of it this year?

Were there any heats or is it just a free for  all?

Have to be one of the fastest days racing in NZ ever wouldn't it?

1980 mile rates of 1.54.1; 1.53.1; 1.55; 1.54; 1.57.5 trot; 1.55.1; 1.59.6 trot

3200 Trot mile rate of 2.00.9

2600 stand mile rate of 2.00.5; 2.02.3 trot

2600 mobile mile rate of 1.55.6 (3.06.8); 1.57.5;1 .57.7

54.9; 53.7;55.5 and 55.9 best last 800s

If the Jewels were held in summer the times would be off the charts. 1.50 might go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Have to be one of the fastest days racing in NZ ever wouldn't it?

1980 mile rates of 1.54.1; 1.53.1; 1.55; 1.54; 1.57.5 trot; 1.55.1; 1.59.6 trot

3200 Trot mile rate of 2.00.9

2600 stand mile rate of 2.00.5; 2.02.3 trot

2600 mobile mile rate of 1.55.6 (3.06.8); 1.57.5;1 .57.7

54.9; 53.7;55.5 and 55.9 best last 800s

If the Jewels were held in summer the times would be off the charts. 1.50 might go.

You sure they had the tapes in the right spot.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

I was not aware that there was a Punting Competition again this year!

Obviously it was advertised somewhere or they wouldnt have any teams!

Does anyone know where it was advertised as the last race was the first time I had heard of it this year?

Were there any heats or is it just a free for  all?

Anyone could enter Brodie

Not sure how many Teams they had

Do know one unlucky Team who, in The Maroon Marauder's race, anchored the first 3 home in a First 4....and missed the 4th horse

TFA was over $1000

Mikie

• Like 1