Bit Of A Yarn

The Race

Forbury

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

If The Race is worth $900k and the slot holders put up $750k where does the remaining $150k come from?

10 slots all sold for $75,000 each for the 3 year term. with the host Waikato / Bay Of Plenty Club putting up the remaining $150,000.

Marketing and HRNZ and sponsor corporate interest for the day on-course  etc should regather that ?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

If The Race is worth $900k and the slot holders put up $750k where does the remaining $150k come from?

I see Mick Guerin has added Tax Advisor to his CV.  He was saying on Box Seat that the slot holders can claim a third of their $75k back as a tax expense!!!  Doesn't sound right to me!

I agree just give the govt ( attorney general's virus Dept)any little chance to abuse you and they are there with bells on.the tax Dept is the same but it would be the attorney general's Dept that will prosecute you.attorney general's virus Dept includes DPP trustee and guardian police child welfare.they make me very sick.i hope he's a slot holder.nah just joking love over Hate.hate is a very bad thing for your health.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

10 slots all sold for $75,000 each for the 3 year term. with the host Waikato / Bay Of Plenty Club putting up the remaining $150,000.

Marketing and HRNZ and sponsor corporate interest for the day on-course  etc should regather that ?

Has Waikato club got a spare 450 grand, 3 years?

4 minutes ago, Forbury said:

Ben hope is back tomorrow.he may come back with a huge bang.does anyone know why he didn't drive last week?I hope he does but he must stop putting himself in a spot where he's relieing on others and drive confidently.sorry about spelling.

Forbs.....although this is off the current topic you must admit that young Ben is getting better with time and experience.  Nice to see him training a winner in his own right.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unhinged said:

HRNZ made it very clear they were not funding The Race

Then where does the Club get the dosh from?  Sponsorship?  That would blow Guerin's tax expense idea out of the water because with major sponsors the slot holders couldn't argue that they had a marketing cost.

The concept has merits as it has proven in other jurisdictions but if the industry has to put money in I can't see how it will get a return.  Hopefully it doesn't go down the Karaka Millions path where NZTR invests significant amounts each year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see Mick Guerin has added Tax Advisor to his CV.  He was saying on Box Seat that the slot holders can claim a third of their $75k back as a tax expense!!!  Doesn't sound right to me!

Chief, surely Michael Guerin wouldn’t be putting false information on TV????

Michael you are delusional if you think the IRD are going to allow you to claim back 33% back due to buying a slot in THE RACE!!

Where on earth did he get this info from, or has ne just shot from the hip just like this incompetent lot that half the country put back in?

Going to be very interesting to see who actually has more money than sense tomorrow!

On 2/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, Forbury said:

I agree just give the govt ( attorney general's virus Dept)any little chance to abuse you and they are there with bells on.the tax Dept is the same but it would be the attorney general's Dept that will prosecute you.attorney general's virus Dept includes DPP trustee and guardian police child welfare.they make me very sick.i hope he's a slot holder.nah just joking love over Hate.hate is a very bad thing for your health.

Someone liked that comment, but I couldn't understand a word of it.

• Haha 1

zoom295x39z100000cw295.jpg

Coming in hot from across the ditch, Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

zoom212x115z72000cw295.jpg

Talk about making things happen, New Zealand owned and operated, Barrett Homes are building a harness racing dream.

zoom277x57z94000cw295.jpg

Could we see pin-up boy Akuta return to the scene of his devastating Harness Jewels Emerald (2021) win? His owners are leaving nothing to chance.

zoom159x76z54000cw295.png

Passion, dedication, Dunstan. Love your horse, they love the game. One of NZ racing's most prolific sponsors are in on the action.

zoom253x72z86000cw295.jpg

This gang will be hoping the cash comes flying out the wall at them on April 14 2022.

zoom212x126z72000cw295.jpg

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, hopefully honey comes in the form of money in The Race for this slot holder.

zoom212x85z72000cw295.jpg

Leading with knowledge, these guys are innovative in the world of gas and water and big on harness racing, could the inaugural The Race winner flow from this slot?

With their arsenal of top quality horses the only headache Philip and Glenys will have is choosing which one to run in their slot.

zoom295x69z100000cw295.png

These heavy hitters have made a big splash in the NZ broadcasting landscape & we're thrilled to have them on The Race team.

zoom295x150z100000cw295.jpg

Name a better group of Harness Racing supporters, we'll wait.

$75

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:
zoom295x39z100000cw295.jpg

Coming in hot from across the ditch, Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!

zoom212x115z72000cw295.jpg

Talk about making things happen, New Zealand owned and operated, Barrett Homes are building a harness racing dream.

zoom277x57z94000cw295.jpg

Could we see pin-up boy Akuta return to the scene of his devastating Harness Jewels Emerald (2021) win? His owners are leaving nothing to chance.

zoom159x76z54000cw295.png

Passion, dedication, Dunstan. Love your horse, they love the game. One of NZ racing's most prolific sponsors are in on the action.

zoom253x72z86000cw295.jpg

This gang will be hoping the cash comes flying out the wall at them on April 14 2022.

zoom212x126z72000cw295.jpg

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, hopefully honey comes in the form of money in The Race for this slot holder.

Leading with knowledge, these guys are innovative in the world of gas and water and big on harness racing, could the inaugural The Race winner flow from this slot?

With their arsenal of top quality horses the only headache Philip and Glenys will have is choosing which one to run in their slot.

zoom295x69z100000cw295.png

These heavy hitters have made a big splash in the NZ broadcasting landscape & we're thrilled to have them on The Race team.

zoom295x150z100000cw295.jpg

Name a better group of Harness Racing supporters, we'll wait.

$75

So effectively not your average owner paid up?

Is this going to garner any more interest in harness racing do you think?

Hope it does, and always good to see new ideas to help harness racing but the jury must be out surely?

It aint for the average owner!

• 1 month later...

With one vacant spot and the pole up for grabs the owners of the slot would be crazy not to pick a three year old for the race.what ever they pick would have zero chance and there best chance would be a three year old so it has barrier one.

• Like 1

Is there a lot of interest in this “The Race by Grins”?

Is anyone really excited that this is what is  needed to bring new participants into harness racing?

Yes it  garners a wee bit of interest with the corporate owners choosing who is going to represent them on the track.

As for the race itself, it is a mile race around Cambridge, and yes they  will go fast and the stake money will be transferred to each other!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Is anyone really excited that this is what is  needed to bring new participants into harness racing?

Yes it  garners a wee bit of interest with the corporate owners choosing who is going to represent them on the track.

As for the race itself, it is a mile race around Cambridge, and yes they  will go fast and the stake money will be transferred to each other!

Not a mile, 2200m mobile 8 off front 2 on 2nd line.

Not like you to not be on the money 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Look mate, I usually agree with you, but give the Race a chance before you condemn it. I think it will be an interesting race. I backed Spellbound so put the curse on her before she even started. Brodster, it should be all on because of the Australian young gun drivers, they won't let it develop into your typical NZ race where everyone follows the leader. I wouldn't surprise me if a world record set. I probably not have a bet now but I guess the new horse Majestic ??? would be worth a punt? I never heard of the horse before to be honest.

• Like 1