Bit Of A Yarn

A free for all forum.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going as it's been moved to political yarns and it actually a free for all.

Anybody got any thoughts about the NPC starting at the weekend, the formats changed to two conferences of 7 , 6 games and  4 crossover the quarter finals and semis, just one criticism, teams finishing 5 6 and 7 in pool play finish early, maybe a set of playoffs would generate some interest for some of the lesser unions, one positive though is everybody starts day one with a chance of winning the big prize.

Hopefully we can keep this thread alive.

Game 1 Nov, Canterbury 62 15 over Manawatu, not sure if the lesser teams will be over the moon at the new concept, no playoffs for the bottom 6, that might have made it more interesting.

At this time once again our female teams ,Netball and Cricket teetering on the point of failure, nothing new.

I was out rolleston this morning,  I can tell you sport is well and truly growing.  Cars for Africa in all codes,  fields jam packed with players.  The facilities out there are First Class.  Netball all undercover with brand new buildings. My  grandkids play rugby with grand daughter playing netball.

anyone should go and see,  it's amazing. 

hj

Npc games producing some close scores bar Manawatu, I suspect Southland and Northland will join Manawatu as the strugglers.

Watching primes games coverage, not easy to cover everything,mostly focussing on NZ competitors which is fair enough always plugging skys online coverage,sometimes they overdo the add breaks, Lora Mcgoldrick I think is a good presenter, now that Sky dont have cricket probably needed to find something else for her to do,

Sky have the premier league now, be very interesting to know if they have increased their subscribers to match the rights cost, dont think Cricket did itself any favors putting all our Cricket online,how long spark stay in sport who would know  competition still made sky rethink its strategy.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Champ Post 1

As I've said before I have a passion for music, this week has been a sad week with two aussie music legends expiring, watching you tube and some of those clips of Judith Durham tells me two things

1, Just how good The Seekers were especially Durham and 

2, Just how good you tube is, stuff there you wouldn't probably see anywhere else.

The world's a better place with the likes of Judith Durham and Olivia Newton John and the timeless music they leave us with.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mikeynz said:

As I've said before I have a passion for music, this week has been a sad week with two aussie music legends expiring, watching you tube and some of those clips of Judith Durham tells me two things

1, Just how good The Seekers were especially Durham and 

2, Just how good you tube is, stuff there you wouldn't probably see anywhere else.

The world's a better place with the likes of Judith Durham and Olivia Newton John and the timeless music they leave us with.

There's gotta be 1 helluva band up there with those that passed.  

Hj

• Like 1

Judith Durham was a women of some class, moving to the other end of the scale, Serina William's is finishing up at the US open, see she said that she should have won 30 slams, didnt mention that if Steffi Graf had stayed playing as long as her she might have won 40, always went on about females getting equal pay, I'm all for that but one needs to do equal job, Could she foot it with Federer, Nadal or Jockeyitch or was she best suited clobbering the shit out of the ball and beating real females by force, not skill.

I always say, sometimes it's not what you got that determines ones human quality, it's what you are and she is just a bag of self entitled shit, when she had the pressure on her her true character came out.

Having said that one will miss her, nothing better than seeing her getting dumped near the end of a tournament, priceless.

Game set and match.

Canterbury and Auckland as is the case mostly starting the NPC off well but a lot of close matches, apart from Manawatu who are struggling, Southland went ok last week in Blenhiem and play Auckland who are playing the 3rd match in 8 days, be nice to see Southland go well and get some points, problem for the lesser team is depth.

As for the Abs well that all remains to be seen, personally I think South Africa will win and win well, probably after that time to push the reset button moving forward.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, mikeynz said:

Well I was wrong about the ABs, all back on track again, and with the Warriers winning it's only up and up from here, but the phrase next year springs to mind😁

I gave up on the worriers at the start of the season.  Just a shambles.  From an ex leaguey. 

Hj

On 8/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, Honestjohn said:

I gave up on the worriers at the start of the season.  Just a shambles.  From an ex leaguey. 

Hj

I don't give a shit about Warriors or Auckland for that matter but we keep hearing the same old crap.

I don't think anything will change with Foster still in the job, time will tell.

• Champ Post 1

16 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I don't give a shit about Warriors or Auckland for that matter but we keep hearing the same old crap.

I don't think anything will change with Foster still in the job, time will tell.

Yeah the cup is gone for another 4 years.  Nzrfu bunch of clowns.  Wouldn't admit they got it wrong.  Hope Robertson coaches England. 

Hj

3 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

Yeah the cup is gone for another 4 years.  Nzrfu bunch of clowns.  Wouldn't admit they got it wrong.  Hope Robertson coaches England. 

Hj

At the end of the day, if they fail miserably before or during the World Cup then it's not only the coach and his assistants but the appointees of the people in those positions that will be judged.

Scott Robertson or anybody else can't do themselves any harm if they ain't there,  he ain't the only one who could be in line for the job ,will we have the worst bunch running All Black and NZ rugby, that's the big question, they have made their decision, as I say, time will tell.

• Champ Post 1

23 hours ago, mikeynz said:

At the end of the day, if they fail miserably before or during the World Cup then it's not only the coach and his assistants but the appointees of the people in those positions that will be judged.

Scott Robertson or anybody else can't do themselves any harm if they ain't there,  he ain't the only one who could be in line for the job ,will we have the worst bunch running All Black and NZ rugby, that's the big question, they have made their decision, as I say, time will tell.

I rung and said to devlin before France knocked us out in a semi match that France was our nemesis and would beat us.  He laughed and called me an idiot.  I tried to speak to him a day or so after the loss,  he wouldn't take my call.  BTW devlin is an a hole,  and a workplace bully and coward. 

Hj

58 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

I rung and said to devlin before France knocked us out in a semi match that France was our nemesis and would beat us.  He laughed and called me an idiot.  I tried to speak to him a day or so after the loss,  he wouldn't take my call.  BTW devlin is an a hole,  and a workplace bully and coward. 

Hj

Devlin is a bit short fused between the ears, I use to love radio sport until Brendon Telfer was replaced, after that I only listened to live commentary as in mainly cricket, Waddle and the cricket crew were very interesting.

Senz the new setup who bought the trackside frequencies I had great hope for, and in reality they do a pretty good job  sportswise but as they treat the racing fans like a bunch of idiots I just don't bother with them now, Ian Smith is ok, he knows what he's talking about, the rest, I can take it or leave them, I see  Mark Watson is on there sometimes, another nitwit.

Devlin incedentally is on a new online station run by Sean Plunkett, one time I'm pleased I don't have to hear him on traditional radio.

Edited by mikeynz

Maybe not a sellout for the rugby in Christchurch tonight, a lot of whining and sniveling about the venue, having to sit out in the cold, to watch a winter sport played on a winters night, how unusual, maybe a telecast blackout for the match in Canterbury if not sold out, mind you the way rugby is going if they applied that theory to every test match might be the norm not the odd time.

Was just being a bit sarcastic, all the talk yesty was about the ground and the facility's and the fact it was cold, strange it gets like that in winter,  Argentina are not a bad side, one could say they are average , if they are they still beat the ABs the rugby union have made their decision about the coach,  always remember the whole board endorsed the coach so if the coach goes then they go too.

Bringing a test debutante on after 79 minutes, interesting.

Edited by mikeynz