Bit Of A Yarn

A free for all forum.

5 hours ago, Walt said:

ffs mate. You're like a terrier humping away at your leg and convinced you couldn't possibly be wrong on anything. It's tiresome and far king boring. You will have seen my previous post saying I've said my last on the subject yet you throw more passive aggressive insults to continue a pointless debate that will just go round and round. I thought this site was a welcome relief from the other mental midget site but it's not.

You have some good contributors here but when the captain steering the ship believes he's the Master of the Universe, the site is doomed.

Well done. I won't return. You win.  

That's a shame.

You're a good poster, always worth reading.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

What passive aggressive insults?  Pot kettle perhaps?  You quite happily regurgitate the Government narrative on the Pzifer vaccine without presenting any evidence.  The moment someone pushes back with a cogent argument instead of rebutting it you throw the towel in.  It isn't a pointless debate (which I might add you started) it is a very important one that needs be had otherwise the same mistakes will be made again and again.

You'd be pleased to know the from the MOH's own figures that the fully boosted rate of infection is 4 times that of the unvaccinated.  I'm sure you will enjoy pitching up for your 5th, 6th and 7th vaccination.  

cases-per-100k.png

For a self-proclaimed scientific expert, you certainly have no idea when it comes to data. First, those are the *numbers* of  new infections per 100000. Given that 90% of the population is vaccinated, it's hardly surprising that there are more infections in that 90%! 161 out of 90000 is actually a hell of a lot less than 41 out of 10000 — so an own goal. Second, you're pushing, as I've previously pointed out, a straw man. The *only* test the Pfizer vaccine was subject to was reducing the severity of symptoms, not reducing the susceptibility to infection.

This sort of mis-information could get you banned on other sites...😄

25 minutes ago, Basil said:

The *only* test the Pfizer vaccine was subject to was reducing the severity of symptoms, not reducing the susceptibility to infection.

Happy to challenge these supposed "own goals".    However your statement regarding the Pzifer vaccine "test" is incorrect.  What's more it doesn't align with the FDAs original policy for giving a vaccine an EUA.  That policy may have changed but what is clear the data submitted by Pzifer was not up to standard and clearly showed that the vaccine had very low efficacy be it as a true vaccine or as a therapeutic.

• Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, Basil said:

For a self-proclaimed scientific expert

I've never "proclaimed" that at all.  I've only ever said when asked that my first degree was a science degree.  Anyone who has done such a degree is trained in the scientific method.  Much of the "science" we have seen in the last three years has been very very poor.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Basil said:

First, those are the *numbers* of  new infections per 100000. Given that 90% of the population is vaccinated, it's hardly surprising that there are more infections in that 90%! 161 out of 90000 is actually a hell of a lot less than 41 out of 10000 — so an own goal.

Wrong.  The figures are rates per 100,000 NOT rates per 90,000 or 10,000.  The figures are a comparison between the RATES of infection.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've never "proclaimed" that at all.  I've only ever said when asked that my first degree was a science degree.  Anyone who has done such a degree is trained in the scientific method.  Much of the "science" we have seen in the last three years has been very very poor.

go get the jab and stop moaning lol .it is what it is

12 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

go get the jab and stop moaning lol .it is what it is

No way will I get the jab.  According to a RAT test I've had the much feared disease.  So my immunity is as good as anyone on the jab treadmill and the $50 grocery voucher bribe regime.

My infection was nothing more than a head cold and surprisingly better than many of my vaccinated friends.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

7 hours ago, Basil said:

For a self-proclaimed scientific expert, you certainly have no idea when it comes to data. First, those are the *numbers* of  new infections per 100000. Given that 90% of the population is vaccinated, it's hardly surprising that there are more infections in that 90%! 161 out of 90000 is actually a hell of a lot less than 41 out of 10000 — so an own goal. Second, you're pushing, as I've previously pointed out, a straw man. The *only* test the Pfizer vaccine was subject to was reducing the severity of symptoms, not reducing the susceptibility to infection.

This sort of mis-information could get you banned on other sites...😄

Basil, you are quoting misinformation!!!!!

Go and educate yourself and you will find that you have been conned bigtime.

Pfizer is a fizzer and is the reason that people are getting infected with all sorts of things  and having side effects from listening to the media controlled by the loonies!

I appreciate that you wont believe the truth but then One day you will realise that the unjabbed were the intelligent ones!

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I appreciate that you wont believe the truth but then One day you will realise that the unjabbed were the intelligent ones!

I havnt been jabbed and I havnt often been referred as intelligent either so I will take those words as a compliment😁

• Like 1

Aliza Cornet who i like as a tennis player has ended Iga Swiateks 37 win streak in a major upset to completly open up the womens section at Wimbledon, Cornet has equaled the record for consecutive grand slam appearances and then goes and does this, shes french and the dark horse i reckon, Garcia plays today, high  quality sport, yet the ABs win easy and will probably win 3 zip,

Rugby is dull really,even the hype for the super final was just that, Crusaders  were just yards ahead of the rest, rugby is losing traction, why they ever fucked the NPC is beyond me, or provincial rugby for that matter, the Irish tour would be interesting if they played in Nelson, Napier, maybe Invercargill but the rugby union are only keen to fleece the public with a heap of miss matches.

I dont have sky just now so listened for a while on zb, it got so boring i turned it off after a while, and listened to some music.

Have rugby , like harness racing watered down the product by saturation, as in too much.

Edited by mikeynz

4 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Rugby is dull really,even the hype for the super final was just that, Crusaders  were just yards ahead of the rest, rugby is losing traction, why they ever fucked the NPC is beyond me,

surely they did it for the $$$$$$$$$$$$

On 28/06/2022 at 10:23 PM, mikeynz said:

Joining the army, lots of Russians joined the army, interesting watching some of the you tube clips of the Russian tanks being picked off, just pawns in a dictators games but many join army's around the world for a supposed better life, it is what it is.

so the latest is russia is shelling ukraine with 10X the amount ukraine are firing at them. ukraine is running out of resources to do so.Ukraine soldiers are currently being killed at an estimated 6000 per month,which is the amount of US soldiers killed on average per year in vietnam.This month the casualty numbers for ukraine have increased significantly.Putin is still very popular in russia.Economic sanctions seem to have failed with russia this year having a trade surplus double the previous year and the ruble stronger than before the war.In russia inflation has peaked at 15% and is expected to drop from now on.Because of europe reduced russian energy supplies the coming winter is expected to be very difficult,and many european countries suddenly spending more on defence means more economic pressure.Even some nato officials are saying aloud ukraine needs to negotiate a peace agreement before things get worse.

But rest assured, because none of the above deserves much attention from local and most international media ,it can't be too bad,and besides,the media keep reporting ukraine will launch  fresh attacks and retake areas they have lost.

Edited by the galah