Bit Of A Yarn

A free for all forum.

18 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Still going on about vaccines it seems, on a positive, despite it being the dead of winter, seeing Serina Williams beaten in round 1 at Wimbledon makes it seem like a summers day, beaten on the court and with a mouth like hers should be beaten off it too, good riddance.

Mate, if you dislike the subject matter, don't put up blogs seeking "a free for all forum".

I've said my last on the subject but it is an important and contentious topic with ongoing implications so well worthy of colourful debate. 

I'll buy into your subject change. Serena Williams. I disagree with you.

She's 40 years old ffs and has won an incredible 23 Grand Slam titles. She also has a 4 year old son. What does she have left to prove? She's repeatedly reached the Mt Everest summit in sport again and again but is still lining up for more despite risking humiliation etc. She only went down in a 3rd set tie breaker.

I admire high achievers in sport....even the mouthy ones. Yes, I enjoyed John McEnroe also.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Walt said:

Mate, if you dislike the subject matter, don't put up blogs seeking "a free for all forum".

I've said my last on the subject but it is an important and contentious topic with ongoing implications so well worthy of colourful debate. 

I'll buy into your subject change. Serena Williams. I disagree with you.

She's 40 years old ffs and has won an incredible 23 Grand Slam titles. She also has a 4 year old son. What does she have left to prove? She's repeatedly reached the Mt Everest summit in sport again and again but is still lining up for more despite risking humiliation etc. She only went down in a 3rd set tie breaker.

I admire high achievers in sport....even the mouthy ones. Yes, I enjoyed John McEnroe also.   

Maybe you are correct on your first sentence.

Regarding Williams no one can deny she has been a great player, but she's not the GOAT, she's 10 years older than Steffi Graf was when she retired, and she has one slam less, I think, maybe if she  had hung around might have won another half a dozen, that's history, her game is based around power, not necessarily skill, no one is bigger than the game, sometimes I think she thought she was

She is still within her rights to play until she is 60 if she chooses, but maybe the fact that a player so low in the rankings playing someone else even lower on centre court seems preferential treatment that now is more deserved for higher ranked players, no one is bigger than the game.

Sometimes it's not what you do or what you have that defines a person, it's what you are.

2 hours ago, Honestjohn said:

I hate winter sports,  cold mornings at  rugby fields and netball courts.  But it is good to watch my grandkids enjoy their sport. Mr10 is showing great scrumaging skills. Anybody else go to Saturday sports. 

Hj

I havnt been to a Rugby game since 1995, used to support the NPC side, Otago and  go to the odd club game, didn't really matter about the cold weather, don't really watch rugby on tv much now either.

John you watch the grand kids playing their sport do they watch you playing bowls or darts?

Often thought it would be nice to go to one of those major Tennis tournaments but as I'm not a millionaire can't afford too, have you seen the ticket prices for a grand slam?

Every now and then a tennis player has a good run and goes on and wins a slam, Garcia is in very good form at present, can she go all the way, who knows.

Angie Kerber had a amazing tournament at the Aussie open in 2016, beat Williams in the final, without doubt one of the best sporting matches I've watched, she played the game of her life, won a slam at 28.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Every now and then a tennis player has a good run and goes on and wins a slam,

Ash Barty won Wimbledon last year at a young age and was getting better each year.

Now just retired ??!!?? The Idiots running tournaments, pay them TOO MUCH money and some are happy to go and play golf instead lol. Ash retired at 26 years old with roughly 20 mill ....lol....

And now we are stuck with this Horrid Nick Kyrgios repping Australia , and once again abusing all and sundry for the umpteenth time , Including members of the Public now ..... NO Other Sport would they tolerate his antics. In the heated battle of footy any abuse of the ref is just not tolerated. Disgrace to Tennis this Kyrgios Mug is ......

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Ash Barty won Wimbledon last year at a young age and was getting better each year.

Now just retired ??!!?? The Idiots running tournaments, pay them TOO MUCH money and some are happy to go and play golf instead lol. Ash retired at 26 years old with roughly 20 mill ....lol....

And now we are stuck with this Horrid Nick Kyrgios repping Australia , and once again abusing all and sundry for the umpteenth time , Including members of the Public now ..... NO Other Sport would they tolerate his antics. In the heated battle of footy any abuse of the ref is just not tolerated. Disgrace to Tennis this Kyrgios Mug is ......

Pat Rafter was a great player, and a good bloke too, Kyrgios is talented but the heads not functioning correctly, due to the fact there don't appear to be anything in it, Rafter got beat in two Wimbledons, the second in a 5 set thriller, Gamma I'm sure you will remember such things, it's not all about  romansitizing about a racehorse called Gammalite.

Personally the Aussie open is the best sporting event of the summer, I don't  think they are paid too much, none of them ever get there by sitting on their arse and remember there are a small few who make it , just like horse racing but just one good tournament can change their life, the great thing about tennis is there is always incentives to win As in every match you win the more you earn, some who ain't just quite a Nadal or Federer maybe happy just to win a few games to keep the bank topped but the guys who are the greatest probably don't worry about the money, more the prestige, one women player I likes was that French girl, Marion Bartoli, she battled away for a few years then she won Wimbledon, then retired just like Barty, the other thing in tennis is often it's the luck of the draw, if top players get knocked over early then it opens up opportunities for someone else, so interesting .

No one commented on the videos I posted, Rolf might have been a stupid prick but he still was a talented one.

Mel Smith and Griff Reese Jones were awesome in there day, comedy of those days was funny , now it's sanitised.

Gamma still havnt checked out the quiz for a day or two, my mind ain't as sharp as it once was, some of the horses names are beyond me,maybe in another few years when it's gone completely I might go into politics.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Pat Rafter was a great player, and a good bloke too, Kyrgios is talented but the heads not functioning correctly, due to the fact there don't appear to be anything in it, Rafter got beat in two Wimbledons, the second in a 5 set thriller, Gamma I'm sure you will remember such things, it's not all about  romansitizing about a racehorse called Gammalite.

No I actually like all harness horses , but Gamma and Village Kid are Extra Special because they were both trained for near 100 wins each in the best of company by Trainers that were just everyday blokes like you and me ...... 

Nearly all Group 1's are won by Professionals horseman. Nz and Aus having near the world's best. A great effort by O'Connor with Gammalite and Bill Horn with Village Kid (also Notman Nz who got him going in the first place) to match them (professional trainers)  in any way. ?. 

Do Remember Pat Cash winning Wimbledon 1987 and climbing up the wall into the stand , was very funny. his only grand slam title. The great gentleman Pat Rafter won 2 US Opens to make up for those near misses. his only 2 Grand slam titles.  Kyrgios is a scourge to the game. embarrassing..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rangatira said:

Under the ribbon of light in the city of sails.

not to forget The Iceman, The Wizard and The Magic Man. .... and how could we forget The Chief all dressed up and nowhere to go ffs and occasionally even The Postman shows up. .....yawn

Edited by Walt
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walt said:

not to forget The Iceman, The Wizard and The Magic Man. .... and how could we forget The Chief and occasionally even The Postman shows up. .....yawn

The Mango ?

There's also a few spuds ?

Edited by Gammalite
add in
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

No I actually like all harness horses , but Gamma and Village Kid are Extra Special because they were both trained for near 100 wins each in the best of company by Trainers that were just everyday blokes like you and me ...... 

Nearly all Group 1's are won by Professionals horseman. Nz and Aus having near the world's best. A great effort by O'Connor with Gammalite and Bill Horn with Village Kid (also Notman Nz who got him going in the first place) to match them (professional trainers)  in any way. ?. 

Do Remember Pat Cash winning Wimbledon 1987 and climbing up the wall into the stand , was very funny. his only grand slam title. The great gentleman Pat Rafter won 2 US Opens to make up for those near misses. his only 2 Grand slam titles.  Kyrgios is a scourge to the game. embarrassing..

I remember Rafter playing a semi in Melbourne against Agassi, was going great guns,  the crowd naturally was on his side then late in the match boom he got cramp, then petered out at end  such a shame at home but such is life.

On 29/06/2022 at 12:01 PM, Walt said:

My posts are plenty long enough as it is without adding known scientific evidence to them

Then cut out the waffle and post real evidence to support your narrative.

It's my contention that for every piece of evidence pointing to alleged facts on one side there is an equal amount or more on the other side.

That's incorrect.  If it were in fact the case then it is even more reasons to never have used the Pzifer vaccine.  The fact is the Pzifer trial data shows zero efficacy relative to risk.

I'm unsure what your medical or scientific background is Chief. Mine is virtually nil apart from having an open mind, an avid reader and being fascinated by both medicine and science. What I have noticed in the recent years is an astonishing situation that has arisen where big numbers of people with no scientific or medical background whatsoever are absolutely convinced they know more about the subject matter than the professionals that have devoted decades of their career to. These people are referred to as "expert-novices". You'll note they are invariably absolutely certain they couldn't possibly be wrong. 

"Show me how you measure me and I'll show you how I behave."  Science has largely been hijacked by political ideology.  Academics are measured on how much air time they get not the veracity of their research.  Hence we have a physicist advising the government on epidemic models and a biologist whose speciality is bioluminescent bacteria advising on masks and vaccines.

Health bureaucrats have long lost their ability to make the correct health decisions.  They have forgotten the principle of do no harm even if it means doing nothing.  The decision to force the vaccination of our population was not based on a credible assessment of the data and risk versus reward.  Hopefully one day both the Academics and the bureaucrats will be held to account.  

Re boosters etc. I agree it's not a good look when you need to keep going back for another jab but a big part of the problem here has been how the vaccine has been sold to you by politicians and the bullshit words used. Almost every vaccine given will drop in efficacy as time passes. Descriptions such as "fully vaccinated" are very misleading. It should read "fully vaccinated for now"

Wrong again.  There has never been a vaccine that requires 4 shots or more within 12 months.  The fact is the Pzifer vaccine is ineffective and is no more than a poor therapeutic.  But worse is that evidence is emerging that vaccinated people who get Covid (seems like everyone!) are more prone to reinfection than the unvaccinated.  That is a serious consequence of administering an ineffective vaccine.

What's even worse is the announcement yesterday by the health bureaucrats of the reduction in reinfection times from 90 days to 29 days.  Can we expect vaccine boosters every month now?  It will cripple business and further disrupt the schooling of our children.  The latter having suffered already a horrendous burden totally unnecessarily.  

As for my background.  My first degree was a four year science degree.  So I was trained in the scientific method at a time when the quality of research was measured on its accuracy not how many headlines it attracts in the media.

I also doubt that you have read and analysed as many research papers as I have over the last two years.  Numbers in the thousands.

• Champ Post 2

One of todays Headlines is the "the proud boys named nz terrorist group".

So the article again is all about virtual signaling and how the labour government will protect New zealanders against white supremacists.. The justification for the use of resources to come up with this being the january 6th riots in the USA.Agencies like the Police must have spent quite a bit of time investigating this.

The article states government agencies who spent the time to investigate and recommend this action found the proud boys  had NO presence whatsoever in nz.

So we can all rest easy knowing the government will protect us against non existent groups in nz they deem bad.

Shame they don't spend time on actual real crime.

Of course the media love it,which iis who this government pander to.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I havnt been to a Rugby game since 1995, used to support the NPC side, Otago and  go to the odd club game, didn't really matter about the cold weather, don't really watch rugby on tv much now either.

John you watch the grand kids playing their sport do they watch you playing bowls or darts?

Often thought it would be nice to go to one of those major Tennis tournaments but as I'm not a millionaire can't afford too, have you seen the ticket prices for a grand slam?

Every now and then a tennis player has a good run and goes on and wins a slam, Garcia is in very good form at present, can she go all the way, who knows.

Angie Kerber had a amazing tournament at the Aussie open in 2016, beat Williams in the final, without doubt one of the best sporting matches I've watched, she played the game of her life, won a slam at 28.

Bought up in a state house so sports were league league or league.  Don't like tennis,  and I don't do bowls. I do like cooking though,  I'm a pretty good cook. 

Hj

Those gags are funny, there are heaps of them on you tube, fortunately that gym was on its own so I put in on here.

The farting one was done in a city in the country of Georgia , love the one ,fart, where the girl on the bridge drinking burst out laughing and the two women next to her looking to see where it came from, some very funny people in the world.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then cut out the waffle and post real evidence to support your narrative.

That's incorrect.  If it were in fact the case then it is even more reasons to never have used the Pzifer vaccine.  The fact is the Pzifer trial data shows zero efficacy relative to risk.

"Show me how you measure me and I'll show you how I behave."  Science has largely been hijacked by political ideology.  Academics are measured on how much air time they get not the veracity of their research.  Hence we have a physicist advising the government on epidemic models and a biologist whose speciality is bioluminescent bacteria advising on masks and vaccines.

Health bureaucrats have long lost their ability to make the correct health decisions.  They have forgotten the principle of do no harm even if it means doing nothing.  The decision to force the vaccination of our population was not based on a credible assessment of the data and risk versus reward.  Hopefully one day both the Academics and the bureaucrats will be held to account.  

Wrong again.  There has never been a vaccine that requires 4 shots or more within 12 months.  The fact is the Pzifer vaccine is ineffective and is no more than a poor therapeutic.  But worse is that evidence is emerging that vaccinated people who get Covid (seems like everyone!) are more prone to reinfection than the unvaccinated.  That is a serious consequence of administering an ineffective vaccine.

What's even worse is the announcement yesterday by the health bureaucrats of the reduction in reinfection times from 90 days to 29 days.  Can we expect vaccine boosters every month now?  It will cripple business and further disrupt the schooling of our children.  The latter having suffered already a horrendous burden totally unnecessarily.  

As for my background.  My first degree was a four year science degree.  So I was trained in the scientific method at a time when the quality of research was measured on its accuracy not how many headlines it attracts in the media.

I also doubt that you have read and analysed as many research papers as I have over the last two years.  Numbers in the thousands.

ffs mate. You're like a terrier humping away at your leg and convinced you couldn't possibly be wrong on anything. It's tiresome and far king boring. You will have seen my previous post saying I've said my last on the subject yet you throw more passive aggressive insults to continue a pointless debate that will just go round and round. I thought this site was a welcome relief from the other mental midget site but it's not.

You have some good contributors here but when the captain steering the ship believes he's the Master of the Universe, the site is doomed.

Well done. I won't return. You win.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Walt said:

ffs mate. You're like a terrier humping away at your leg and convinced you couldn't possibly be wrong on anything. It's tiresome and far king boring. You will have seen my previous post saying I've said my last on the subject yet you throw more passive aggressive insults to continue a pointless debate that will just go round and round. I thought this site was a welcome relief from the other mental midget site but it's not.

You have some good contributors here but when the captain steering the ship believes he's the Master of the Universe, the site is doomed.

Well done. I won't return. You win.  

What passive aggressive insults?  Pot kettle perhaps?  You quite happily regurgitate the Government narrative on the Pzifer vaccine without presenting any evidence.  The moment someone pushes back with a cogent argument instead of rebutting it you throw the towel in.  It isn't a pointless debate (which I might add you started) it is a very important one that needs be had otherwise the same mistakes will be made again and again.

You'd be pleased to know the from the MOH's own figures that the fully boosted rate of infection is 4 times that of the unvaccinated.  I'm sure you will enjoy pitching up for your 5th, 6th and 7th vaccination.  

cases-per-100k.png