Bit Of A Yarn

A free for all forum.

25 minutes ago, Walt said:

KIWISAVER,

I've watched closely what's been happening in the NZ and overseas Sharemarkets over the last few months and been shocked. Just when you think things can't get any worse they take another huge nose dive. Are you concerned about your retirement fund / house deposit / investment?

The cost of living is hurting a lot of people. High inflation, increased food and fuel costs and the diabolical numbers we were already paying, interest rates increasing meaning bigger mortgage or rent payments etc etc. That's about today but your Kiwisaver is about tomorrow so many are copping a double whammy. 

Stats show many first home buyers have their house deposit in Kiwisaver. If you live in Auckland the average house price is around 1.2 million dollars. Far king ridiculous. Every house on our street is valued at almost 2 million and we are light years away from being an exclusive area. 

The banks are asking for a 20% deposit so on an average house here that amounts to around 240k. Very few first home buyers can afford that so they either move out of Auckland or into a less desirable subdivision. Bottom line is many first home buyers who haven't already secured a home would say the biggest reason for that is they can't save a big enough deposit. If they left their Kiwisaver in the Growth fund they would have been hurt badly in recent times. We have multiple Kiwisaver accounts in our home. We put our biggest into the Cash fund in January and have lost nothing. We kept another in the Growth fund. That has lost approximately 25% of it's value in the last five months. If that was to be used as a first home deposit we would have been blasted out of the park. First home buyers have had a very tough ride in recent years and many have become so disillusioned they are forming another exodus of young kiwi's heading offshore. The NZ demographic has already been obliterated in recent years without adding to that.

Then we have retirees. Fund managers advise people to ride out uncertain times. Don't change funds and lock in your losses. I don't agree with that one size fit's all directive. If you see a storm coming you should protect yourself from it and mitigate that damage. 

I've read about retirement funds in the United States being in free fall. A 30% loss is very concerning. If you had 200k, you now only have 140k and the clock is ticking and a recession is looming. Add uncertainty over Russia and China to that picture and you see further cause for concern.

Do you share that concern?

I don't normally watch TVNZ news for a list of reasons but we do watch and enjoy The Chase. 

Last night we were slow changing channels after The Chase and copped the lead story of their bulletin. The carnage on the Sharemarkets. They did make it appear as if this was just a new thing over the last two days rather than the last five months but it was the people on the street they interviewed that left me scratching my head. No older folk to share concern about their retirement fund. One young lady who said she wasn't concerned as she'd moved her fund to the Conservative fund. Not sure how meaningful that was as I've read pieces where people were expressing concern about actually losing more in the Conservative fund than the Growth fund due to what's invested in. Not sure if that was an anomaly. Another guy in his 20's said he wasn't concerned. Markets have gone up in the past and now they are going down. No big deal. ....but context is important surely? We haven't seen this sort of carnage since Black Tuesday 1987.

Our Sharemarket suffered a short term hit when Covid arrived here in 2020 but nothing like what's been happening in the first half of this year.

Walt, yes it is very concerning for most people!

Many people will not now have enough to use their KiwiSaver as a deposit especially in the overpriced markets!

The U.S. have just increased their interest rates that affects NZ majorly.

The problem is that the leaders of the worlds countries are being led by the most incompetent types we have ever had.

The U.S was going well under Trump and yet they allowed the election fraud to occur and a stupid geriatric who should be in a retirement home to be president ffs!

Here in NEW ZEALAND enough stupid people reelected the most incompetent lot back into power.

Absolutely has backfired again and will not be getting any better while they are making their stupid policies.

Many people will not be able to afford to keep their homes with interest rates rising and business will go to the wall due to discretionary spending dropping.

We havent seen anything as yet as people currently renting will not be able to afford the increased rents that are going to be happening this year.

They are going to be large as landlords are not going to wear the massive increases they are going to incur.

Forget the COVID BS, this is more of a worry than that!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Walt said:

FACEMASKS,

Anyone had issues associated with them? 

Declaring my hand. I'm fully vaccinated and believe in vaccination. I've encouraged friends who have reservations about vaccination to take the leap. I don't enjoy wearing facemasks but respect why we have them. That respect has been waning in recent times.

I had cancer surgery on my face recently. Some minor lesions were blasted off but surgery was needed for two other areas. Both left 4 cm wounds. I no longer wear a face mask for obvious reasons. I now wear a cap every time I leave the house. I also have sunscreen on my face even on an overcast day which makes wearing a mask totally impractical. I haven't applied for an exemption as I assumed common sense would apply. I also read that you don't have to prove you have an exemption. Just saying you have one was enough which did seem a tad dubious. Whenever I've noticed a staff member anywhere giving me a second look I'd go over and explain I'm not being belligerent etc, It's just not practical to wear a mask. The response is the same. Don't worry about it bro, don't give it a second thought.

So I go into a automotive type outlet. One of dozens of outlets the business have in Auckland. I know exactly what I wanted so went straight to the area. No other customers in the store. A staff member behind the counter yelled out "have you got a mask"..I replied no, it's not practical for me to wear one. He replied it's not practical for us to serve you, please leave the store. WTAF. I haven't copped that before so I walked over toward him to show him my wounds and the fact I'm fully vaccinated. He quickly walked back about 15 feet almost jumping backwards. His reaction was far king ridiculous and I told him it belonged on Days of our Lives. 

Had I been symptomatic and coughing I could better understand his OTT stance. I appreciate it's not just about his comfort level, he needs to be mindful of any other customers that may come in but he was a total eggplant about things. It's the nearest I've come in years to knocking someone over. I spoke to mates about what unfolded and they confirmed he's a well known Wayne Kerr and is despised by most who know him.

Must be said I'm seeing more people around not wearing masks.

At least you got to go in the store. There was a time,not that long ago,when only vaccinated people would be served in many places,and those who chose to not take the vaccine based on their own personalised health issues,were treated just like you experienced. Then you have all the people who lost their jobs based on their vaccine status,that every day live with those consequences.

The message we are still getting with the endless adds on all media is one of fear and discrimination.So in some ways,its to be expected.

Whats the difference in what you experienced?Both are wrong,but thats the world we live in. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Most of this Covid19 is BS and what I have realised over the last couple of years is just how easily people are able to be led!!!

If people did their research they would find that Covid19 Delta, Omicron etc. is no more deadly than the common flu, but then most wont believe me, because they have been conned.

They dont want to believe that it is possible that they have neen conned and if they have been jabbed then they may well have been harmed!

As for the masks, they are more detrimental to your health than giving you benefits!

Fauci and the WHO head as well as Bloomfield have all stated previously that they give very little protection if any!

Fauci also stated that people were not dying of the Spanish Flu, but in fact died from Bacterial Pneumonia!!!

What caused the Bacterial Pneumonia then?

According to Fauci it was caused by MASK WEARING!!!!

So many total DICKHEADS walking and driving around wearing masks for no benefit!

Why are there are so many people testing positive if the PFIZER crap jabs and mask wearing worked???

Why?

Because the Pfizer jabs weaken your immune system and the masks help make you crook by cultivating your  bugs!!!!

Anyway, you are entitled to believe what you but why would anyone take advice from ARDERN or BLOOMFIELD?

Do your research and not listen to these useless Public Servants!

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Most of this Covid19 is BS and what I have realised over the last couple of years is just how easily people are able to be led!!!

If people did their research they would find that Covid19 Delta, Omicron etc. is no more deadly than the common flu, but then most wont believe me, because they have been conned.

They dont want to believe that it is possible that they have neen conned and if they have been jabbed then they may well have been harmed!

As for the masks, they are more detrimental to your health than giving you benefits!

Fauci and the WHO head as well as Bloomfield have all stated previously that they give very little protection if any!

Fauci also stated that people were not dying of the Spanish Flu, but in fact died from Bacterial Pneumonia!!!

What caused the Bacterial Pneumonia then?

According to Fauci it was caused by MASK WEARING!!!!

So many total DICKHEADS walking and driving around wearing masks for no benefit!

Why are there are so many people testing positive if the PFIZER crap jabs and mask wearing worked???

Why?

Because the Pfizer jabs weaken your immune system and the masks help make you crook by cultivating your  bugs!!!!

Anyway, you are entitled to believe what you but why would anyone take advice from ARDERN or BLOOMFIELD?

Do your research and not listen to these useless Public Servants!

Covid has warranted at times extreme government action,but the  extreme approach hasn't been watered down as the threat became less of an issue. The failure to recognise that and the manner in which they have encouraged a lack of respect for one another ,no matter what ones opinion,and the continued emphasis on promoting fear,well its something that is just so very sad.

Another thing that has surprised me is how many people have had closed minds. Its as if once they have made up their minds,thats the way it is,irrespective of whether the data has changed.

I personally haven't taken the vaccine,and from what i've seen,i  believe i have made the right decision. But i also recognise that those that have taken the vaccine have done so in good faith and with the belief they are doing the right thing. So good on them for doing so as well.

Just as i thought we should respect an individuals choice to not take the vaccine,we should also respect an individuals choice to wear facemasks whenever and where ever they think appropriate.People obviously wear them because they believe it is an extra layer of protection,so everyone must respect that choice.Thats the massage i believe we should have been getting from our government throughout the last couple of years. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Walt, yes it is very concerning for most people!

Many people will not now have enough to use their KiwiSaver as a deposit especially in the overpriced markets!

The U.S. have just increased their interest rates that affects NZ majorly.

The problem is that the leaders of the worlds countries are being led by the most incompetent types we have ever had.

The U.S was going well under Trump and yet they allowed the election fraud to occur and a stupid geriatric who should be in a retirement home to be president ffs!

Here in NEW ZEALAND enough stupid people reelected the most incompetent lot back into power.

Absolutely has backfired again and will not be getting any better while they are making their stupid policies.

Many people will not be able to afford to keep their homes with interest rates rising and business will go to the wall due to discretionary spending dropping.

We havent seen anything as yet as people currently renting will not be able to afford the increased rents that are going to be happening this year.

They are going to be large as landlords are not going to wear the massive increases they are going to incur.

Forget the COVID BS, this is more of a worry than that!

It's unfortunate The Don gave so much material to work with to the Dems and Dem media via daft statements. That aside, I actually supported the man who was never once given the credit he deserved by anyone other than FOX. Had Covid not arrived he may well have gone in the history books as one of the best ever POTUS.

I watched and shared a youtube clip from 2019. It was the despicable Nancy Pelosi talking with Trump. She spouted off about the Sharemarket performing poorly under Trump and the poor old American people losing their dosh. I call BS on that as the markets went really well under Trump. They are now in freefall under Sleepy Joe with people losing their funds at rocket speed. Not a word from Pelosi.

This Russian invasion of Ukraine would not have unfolded under Trump. He's an apex leader regardless if you like him or not. Biden can't walk 20 steps without tripping over. His stage managers have a full time job cleaning up after his stupid and dangerous statements. They must shudder when they see steps in front of Biden. As for his VP. the cackling Harris is the worst ever VP and a complete embarrassment.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

29 minutes ago, the galah said:

Covid has warranted at times extreme government action,but the  extreme approach hasn't been watered down as the threat became less of an issue. The failure to recognise that and the manner in which they have encouraged a lack of respect for one another ,no matter what ones opinion,and the continued emphasis on promoting fear,well its something that is just so very sad.

Another thing that has surprised me is how many people have had closed minds. Its as if once they have made up their minds,thats the way it is,irrespective of whether the data has changed.

I personally haven't taken the vaccine,and from what i've seen,i  believe i have made the right decision. But i also recognise that those that have taken the vaccine have done so in good faith and with the belief they are doing the right thing. So good on them for doing so as well.

Just as i thought we should respect an individuals choice to not take the vaccine,we should also respect an individuals choice to wear facemasks whenever and where ever they think appropriate.People obviously wear them because they believe it is an extra layer of protection,so everyone must respect that choice.Thats the massage i believe we should have been getting from our government throughout the last couple of years. 

and brodie is right when he says influenza is more of an issue.

to quote our dr bloomfield today....."'interestingly,currently of those people who are admitted at the moment to hospital with what we call SARI,severe acute respiratory infection,only20% have got covid. Well over half have got influenza,and its the influenza type that is rampant out in the community" 

In reality its just what they have been saying in the uk for months.

So, instead of our government admitting the flu is currently more of a concern than covid,this government strategy is to hype up the risks of influenza. So they are encouraging everyone to go out and get their flu shot,and while they are there they can book in the 4th covid jab,which has just been made available. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

and brodie is right when he says influenza is more of an issue.

to quote our dr bloomfield today....."'interestingly,currently of those people who are admitted at the moment to hospital with what we call SARI,severe acute respiratory infection,only20% have got covid. Well over half have got influenza,and its the influenza type that is rampant out in the community" 

In reality its just what they have been saying in the uk for months.

So, instead of our government admitting the flu is currently more of a concern than covid,this government strategy is to hype up the risks of influenza. So they are encouraging everyone to go out and get their flu shot,and while they are there they can book in the 4th covid jab,which has just been made available. 

See see how easy it is to diversify As in chatting about any old subject, that's why I started this topic, one never knows where it will go, I reckon in time this thread will end up being one of the more popular threads in time.

I too have not had the jab but I don't dismiss covid or treat it with disdain, just be careful what you do as you do the flu, I  might be interested in getting vaccinated though, maybe for worms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

See see how easy it is to diversify As in chatting about any old subject, that's why I started this topic, one never knows where it will go, I reckon in time this thread will end up being one of the more popular threads in time.

I too have not had the jab but I don't dismiss covid or treat it with disdain, just be careful what you do as you do the flu, I  might be interested in getting vaccinated though, maybe for worms.

Well there are actually other sub-forums on BOAY for other topics.  This one is actually about Harness!

I now know two people who have had 4 jabs and have had Covid twice!  The second time worse than the first!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well there are actually other sub-forums on BOAY for other topics.  This one is actually about Harness!

I now know two people who have had 4 jabs and have had Covid twice!  The second time worse than the first!

Seems to me stipe no one seems to go to other sections, racing and harness, are ok, as a rule I don't do social media, Ludwig suggested I find another place but in reality there don't seem many anyway, that's why I started a topic where some people go,.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

The Pfizer jab is not a vaccine and never will be!

By  calling it a vaccine people were conned and coerced into having the toxins injected into their bodies!

Pfizer were forced by the courts to release some of the details of their trials that Pfizer did not want to release for 75 years!!!!!!!

Obviously everyone would be dead by then even the kids, so  ot so hard to understand why they wanted that!

The side effects from having  the  jabs as from Pfizer amounted to 9 full pages and if this was presented to the public, you would have to be a buffoon to have got them!!!!
Pfizer were well aware that the jabs are dangerous and this was released as well in the second lot of info they were forced to produce!

Why has this info not been on our mainstream media?

Why not, because the media is under control of the government and who owns the biggest shares in the media around the world?

The same as those that have been making the mega  billions from selling the toxic Pfizer toxins!!!!!

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

i was actually going to point that out...the sub-forums, that is.

Never mind, some interesting dialogue.

The Auckland mayoral race is "interesting". Haha. One candidate especially. If he didn't agree with a court ruling he could just ignore and override it or if anyone said something he didn't agree with he could just send an ex boxer around to your home to do a standover on you. 

• Haha 2

Housing has been an ongoing serious issue for some time. It's a mess and neither Government seems able to resolve issues. Perhaps that's mainly due to them refusing to confront what's actually been unfolding. 

I felt the doco Bryan Bruce put together 6 years ago was very telling. Dated but still as relevant as ever. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Walt said:

The Auckland mayoral race is "interesting". Haha. One candidate especially. If he didn't agree with a court ruling he could just ignore and override it or if anyone said something he didn't agree with he could just send an ex boxer around to your home to do a standover on you. 

Auckland might get a mayor who gets 26 per cent of the vote, and 74 per cent dont want, democracy at its best lol.

Scott Robertson talking to zb before talking about final and stadium didnt make a pledge on behalf of himself or the rugby organisation.

Maybe they should  just shift their matches to the all weather set up in Dunedin and save Christchurch a heap, be a bit like the AWT at Riccarton scenario in reverse.

An article in ODT questioning if the South Island need two stadiums as such, very relevent.

Edited by mikeynz

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Straw man. The covid vaccine was only ever tested against reducing the severity of symptoms conditional on being infected, not against reducing the likelihood of infection. 

2 hours ago, Freda said:

i was actually going to point that out...the sub-forums, that is.

Never mind, some interesting dialogue.

Maybe Chief Stipe could run a major tv add campaign to promote the BOAY  forums.

Some of the sports forums, no ones posted for over two years,  in some ways it's kind of the same as a tennis tournament, their is interest in the racing forums ,(singles) but none in the doubles, (sub forums).

33 minutes ago, Basil said:

Straw man. The covid vaccine was only ever tested against reducing the severity of symptoms conditional on being infected, not against reducing the likelihood of infection. 

Then the Pzifer vaccine is not a vaccine instead it is a weak therapeutic.

Hiwever you missed my point.  I'll say again I know two people who have been jabbed 4 times and have had Covid twice.  Their illness has been much worse the second time and considerably worse than my unvaccinated friends who have had it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Maybe Chief Stipe could run a major tv add campaign to promote the BOAY  forums.

Some of the sports forums, no ones posted for over two years,  in some ways it's kind of the same as a tennis tournament, their is interest in the racing forums ,(singles) but none in the doubles, (sub forums).

That's fine.  This is a Harness forum - there are other sub-forums where people can post what they like.  

If they choose not to that's fine.

Hell some people complain when a forum goes off piste and I agree with them.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Basil said:

It is the jabbed that are in hospital and bear in mind mostly old people who have had the toxins injected are the ones not with us anymore.

PS it is not a damn Vaccine!!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brodie said:

Why has this info not been on our mainstream media?

Why not, because the media is under control of the government and who owns the biggest shares in the media around the world?

given the endless adds we continue to see and hear,it makes you wonder how much they have received from the government.

The media pretty much were in boots and all on the government message,without any encouragement anyway. 

Even the nz media is heading down the woke path,and pushing the message that the current generation somehow have more righteous values and beliefs than any previous generation.Its all about indoctrination through the education system.They have been very effective in achieving that,and it will only get worse as more like minded woke types get embedded in the system.

Today theres a news article on the internet relating to two recently advised dog positives to meth in aotearoa greyhound racing. There is a link which talks about another story involving aotearoa greyhound racing. I just checked and its still called nz greyhound racing. I suppose its just the person writing the article,but the push to use the maori name for everything continues to accelerate.

Last week i read the headline in a local newspaper. Seems the main story for that district that day was the announcement that the provincial rugby team would wear jerseys with the "pride logo" on. Seems there has been a  big push by nz rugby to promote the message of inclusion.So its not just the labour government,its institutions like nz rugby which have already gone woke.

Thats nz today,give it another 5 years and we will see an explosion in people identifying as gender fluent. I was talking to someone this week who goes to a local mental health group each week and they told me 2 new people attended who had recently come out as being transgender. Just look at soap operas nowdays,

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Then the Pzifer vaccine is not a vaccine instead it is a weak therapeutic.

Hiwever you missed my point.  I'll say again I know two people who have been jabbed 4 times and have had Covid twice.  Their illness has been much worse the second time and considerably worse than my unvaccinated friends who have had it.

No doubt those in charge have seen that ,and are working on a 5th and 6th shot.

38 minutes ago, the galah said:

No doubt those in charge have seen that ,and are working on a 5th and 6th shot.

Galah, if you are stupid enough now to want to have further jabs of shite cos you think it works, then we just have to let them shorten their lives!

There is just so much info out there if they want to know the truth!

Why anyone would believe anything that this bunch of lightweights say defies any logic!

How are you identifying yourself as at the moment Galah?

There is just so much choice out there nowadays, you can be anything you want and schools are encouraging it!

School teachers now that allow and teach this BS to our kids need to get sorted out!

• Haha 1