Bit Of A Yarn

A free for all forum.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:22 PM, mikeynz said:

Anybody got any thoughts about the NPC starting at the weekend, the formats changed to two conferences of 7 , 6 games and  4 crossover the quarter finals and semis, just one criticism, teams finishing 5 6 and 7 in pool play finish early, maybe a set of playoffs would generate some interest for some of the lesser unions, one positive though is everybody starts day one with a chance of winning the big prize.

After round four what do Southland and Manawatu have to play for, no playoff for the bottom six, by this point is starting to become a little  pointless for one or two, mathmatically they can still make eight but realisticaly it wont happen.

The npc has produced some good rugby, close scores, a perfectly fine competition, apart from a few minor adjustments why change it.

Looks like the media are still fawning over  Serina Williams, only going to take a half decent player to send her to the history books, second best is probably a bit of a overestimation, remember Steffi Graff retired at 30 with one title less, could have won plenty more if not for injury.

Caroline Garcia who I posted about earlier here has made the semis at New York, playing her best career tennis, Nick Kyrgios is well placed to win the men's title, it's his to lose.

Angie Kerber is pregnant and William's is gone, (hopefully for good)

Last night Australia farewelled Judith Durham and tennis said goodbye(hopefully) to William's last weekend, couldn't get a greater difference between class and trash, chalk and cheese.

The All Blacks win well but did Argentina turn up, had they celebrated too much from creating history last week, are the ABs really any better?

Warriers have a exodus of 15 players, a new coach next year but no change of the CEO, Mr George, everything starts at the top  how does one expect change under same management.

Hopefully this thread hasn't died, plenty of things to chat about🙂

22 minutes ago, aquaman said:

US Open second rate without the champion Novak. Agree about Williams.

On another subject, hasn't Sky Sports crashed. Only thing it shows these days is Womens Rugby and surfing. I shall be cancelling my sports with Sky.

The Womens game is more interesting now lard arse is gone but seeing her getting dumped out at the last hurdle bought joy to my eyes lol, good player no doubt, best player, no, best performance was against Carlos Ramos, umpire, summed her up, it's all about me, the media didnt help, spose it made good reading.

Now that shes finished and is well off financially she will probably be investing in a 5 star sty, it dont matter what you got that counts in life, it's what you are.

Novak not being there does water down the men's side but life goes, the madman from oz missed a golden opportunity to win a slam.

Sky, dont have sky but there is a real surge in womens sport coverage, I dont mind but I dont watch it, I find it more irritating if you go on say for instance the BBC sports site, you click on a  cricket story or rugby or something and every second one is  womens sport, calling batsmen batters,(wtf) , do women deserve to be paid same if less people watching, old lard arse prattled on for equal prize money but didnt front against Novak  or Rafa, just beat up on real women.

Horse racing is one sport where males and females compete on equal footing, and I'm full of praise for any top female rider,driver.

Sky shift some live sport to prime, but why they bother screening AB matches delayed next day is pointless.

2 perfectly fine womens players in the US tennis final, that Jabuer girl will create history if she wins, an Arab female, she got beat at Wimbledon, will she go one better, game survives perfectly without William's.

Mens final could see history too, a Norwegian has never won a slam  other young fella from Spain is the player on the up probably above the rest of the youngins, history is always being created, interesting.

13 hours ago, mikeynz said:

2 perfectly fine womens players in the US tennis final, that Jabuer girl will create history if she wins, an Arab female, she got beat at Wimbledon, will she go one better, game survives perfectly without William's.

Mens final could see history too, a Norwegian has never won a slam  other young fella from Spain is the player on the up probably above the rest of the youngins, history is always being created, interesting.

How are you watching the tennis. I cannot get it on Sky like I have in the past.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

How are you watching the tennis. I cannot get it on Sky like I have in the past.

TAB website have the matches, no commentary but that's no problem, it's actually on spark , I don't have spark, plenty of highlights, after match on you tube though.

In some ways Sky are rather smart, they don't need every sport, if they have the rugby, league, premier league, and some cricket they  can cut cost, increase profits not dishing out massively for rights, still leaves enough for spark as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to reignite this thread.

Kevin Bloody Wilson has just about sold out all the venues hes been too around NZ, not bad for a guy who's been 35 years at it.

A few years back I was reading about some of his travelling stage crew, one guy as part of the team had a uncanny ability to empty concert halls with his nauseating flatulence, one wonders if hes still touring and is only let loose at the end of the show😄

Kevin Bloody Wilson, fucking legend🤠

• Champ Post 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 10:35 AM, mikeynz said:

Time to reignite this thread.

Kevin Bloody Wilson has just about sold out all the venues hes been too around NZ, not bad for a guy who's been 35 years at it.

A few years back I was reading about some of his travelling stage crew, one guy as part of the team had a uncanny ability to empty concert halls with his nauseating flatulence, one wonders if hes still touring and is only let loose at the end of the show😄

Kevin Bloody Wilson, fucking legend🤠

lol,  I was in rolleston yesterday to look after my grandkids til their mum got home from Auckland. milk n cookies which they love then I sat down and heard Harry (10) listening to YouTube.  A familiar voice took my attention,  he was listening to Kevin bloody Wilson.  I laughed like hell,  I asked how he heard about him,  he said his mates at school.  I didn't stop him,  he's heard it all before,  lol. 

hj. 

1 hour ago, Honestjohn said:

lol,  I was in rolleston yesterday to look after my grandkids til their mum got home from Auckland. milk n cookies which they love then I sat down and heard Harry (10) listening to YouTube.  A familiar voice took my attention,  he was listening to Kevin bloody Wilson.  I laughed like hell,  I asked how he heard about him,  he said his mates at school.  I didn't stop him,  he's heard it all before,  lol. 

hj. 

Gee I thought my thread had died lol.

Might have to post a song later.

Kevs off to the UK now, most of his concerts are all sold out, his music will go on well after he stops going, the magic and longevity of music, never underestimate it.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 1:05 PM, Honestjohn said:

Spark sport are nil. 

On a different note,  anyone here cook?  I do Thai and Indian with bit of Italian thrown in.  

Hj

Toast and pies are my speciality, spose i could always have spaghetti to add some Italian to the mix or some curry for Indian.

If Jacinda calling time dont reignite this forum, nothing will.

Anyone following the Aussie Open, best sporting event of the year in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Toast and pies are my speciality, spose i could always have spaghetti to add some Italian to the mix or some curry for Indian.

If Jacinda calling time dont reignite this forum, nothing will.

Anyone following the Aussie Open, best sporting event of the year in my opinion.

Buck teeth will be always known as NZ s worst ever and hated pm. A complete airhead. 

Hj

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freda said:

It was announced at the races yesterday ,  there were hollers, fist pumps, even people dancing !  [ a few glum faces too ]

I know a lot of intelligent people that admit to voting labour.  They cant see the wood for the trees.  1 that comes to mind is an architect but votes the same as his parents,  another guy who's very clever but he's on a sickness benefit . They honestly can't see the damage this bunch of clowns has done. 

Hj

I think she actually believes she is popular with the masses. Saw a poll yesterday where at time of seeing it, it had 40,000 replies. 3 questions posed in the poll, yes resigning is good, no resigning is not good, and don't care. 75% voted yes, 15% voted no, and 10% couldn't care. I think it was a Herald or Stuff poll. Strange thing it disappeared almost as quickly as it went up.

• Champ Post 1

16 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I think she actually believes she is popular with the masses. Saw a poll yesterday where at time of seeing it, it had 40,000 replies. 3 questions posed in the poll, yes resigning is good, no resigning is not good, and don't care. 75% voted yes, 15% voted no, and 10% couldn't care. I think it was a Herald or Stuff poll. Strange thing it disappeared almost as quickly as it went up.

The media love her,  and the money she dishes out to them. Just watching CNN and the feedback from the public was,  she might be liked overseas but she's hated here,  time for a change. 

Hj

On 20/01/2023 at 10:48 AM, Honestjohn said:

The media love her,  and the money she dishes out to them. Just watching CNN and the feedback from the public was,  she might be liked overseas but she's hated here,  time for a change. 

Hj

Tucker Carlson on FOX was scathing on her. Described her as a despot and tyrant. Don't watch CNN, mouthpiece for the globalists and everything that is bad in this world.

• Champ Post 1

23 hours ago, aquaman said:

Tucker Carlson on FOX was scathing on her. Described her as a despot and tyrant. Don't watch CNN, mouthpiece for the globalists and everything that is bad in this world.

I watch CNN and fox,  and BBC and sky news Australia. I get a pretty good take on things. 

Hj

22 hours ago, Honestjohn said:

I watch CNN and fox,  and BBC and sky news Australia. I get a pretty good take on things. 

Hj

My go to's are Fox, Al Jazeera,  RT until the woke left took it down. BBC and CNN straight out propaganda and liars for mine. But everybody to their own HJ.

43 minutes ago, aquaman said:

My go to's are Fox, Al Jazeera,  RT until the woke left took it down. BBC and CNN straight out propaganda and liars for mine. But everybody to their own HJ.

I like to have both sides of the information out there.  Al Jazeera has  some good short docos. 

Hj