Bit Of A Yarn

Hesi, Barry?

Newmarket

Is it true that both these posters have left BOAY?  Seems no longer posting, and a few others have pulled up stumps too. Hesi did a great job helping to get this site up and running, while getting plenty of abuse from rc, and many like Barrys tips, so its a big blow to lose theses guys, as well as the others. We know that the ongoing problem is around a certain poster, who does try his best to upset others. 

Might be time to have a good long look at this situation Chief, once we start losing members it wont stop. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest CrossCodes

If true then Barry was just as much to blame, posted a lot of personal abuse towards Thomas (deserved or not) and was pretty arrogant in the way he responded to those with gripes about the new website, if he has left then I for one won’t miss him.

34 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

If true then Barry was just as much to blame, posted a lot of personal abuse towards Thomas (deserved or not) and was pretty arrogant in the way he responded to those with gripes about the new website, if he has left then I for one won’t miss him.

Gee, thats a bit harsh. I have had only positive interaction with him, but thats just me. Your entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

Barry is the sort of bloke I'd like to have a beer with. Very straight and takes no shit. Really sad to see him leave here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Really enjoyed Barry, mardigras, curious's betting formulas and discussion, hope in a few weeks all can be put into perspective and h and b reconsider.

Yeah, was interesting that thread, but sadly only one person liked to disagree, which spoilt it for many. 

Many posters here are refugees from RC, many  rocked the boat with a certain person, and were quickly banned. One person, with a little help from site owner, made being on that site a terrible experience for many. 

Fast forward here, and it seems one person mainly, is the reason that people are leaving. Lets hope it is sorted, 

• Like 1

Just my opinion ...but Baz was ok, good in fact, but  siding with (curious and Mardigas) endeavour to support VC  (nothing against VC) in his quest to squander away 10k ...and their abuse of Thomas...whose statistic form study actually had some substance...(apart from Trentham today...(they are probably still on the piss)...having backed Nanas ole favourite housie no,s.LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Yeah, was interesting that thread, but sadly only one person liked to disagree, which spoilt it for many. 

Many posters here are refugees from RC, many  rocked the boat with a certain person, and were quickly banned. One person, with a little help from site owner, made being on that site a terrible experience for many. 

Fast forward here, and it seems one person mainly, is the reason that people are leaving. Lets hope it is sorted, 

I suppose everyone has a different threshold to how much they can take, I think we can safely say we put up with far far worse on r.c though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, porky said:

Just my opinion ...but Baz was ok, good in fact, but  siding with (curious and Mardigas) endeavour to support VC  (nothing against VC) in his quest to squander away 10k ...and their abuse of Thomas...whose statistic form study actually had some substance...(apart from Trentham today...(they are probably still on the piss)...having backed Nanas ole favourite housie no,s.LOL

Think majority on here liked curious, mardi, bazza & vc various posts. Didnt agree with everything, but i am sure many might have picked up a few pointers. Do you still post rc porky? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Think majority on here liked curious, mardi, bazza & vc various posts. Didnt agree with everything, but i am sure many might have picked up a few pointers. Do you still post rc porky? 

Nah given racecafe, and pix a miss last month...wasnt worth all the study..

won 2 months picking comp in a row..not being a smart are ...but took too long.

LIKE BOAY

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, porky said:

I don't understand how VC is squandering away 10k. 

As for Thomas and his stats, I'm always happy to discuss them. But they have zero substance. Call me arrogant porky if you like. But that is not opinion, that is the nature of such stats. It wouldn't matter if the discussion was punting or a totally different topic. It's the respected science of such stats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I don't understand how VC is squandering away 10k. 

As for Thomas and his stats, I'm always happy to discuss them. But they have zero substance. Call me arrogant porky if you like. But that is not opinion, that is the nature of such stats. It wouldn't matter if the discussion was punting or a totally different topic. It's the respected science of such stats.

??? you missed your calling mate, you should have been a politician.

1..... As long as VC keeps posting his betson the Value post (not that i can understand them or the reasoning)...

but the total seems to creep down.

2...I realise Thomas has engaged in a shit slinging match with you guys ...BUT... I actually agree with some of his methods  in selecting winners and employ them myself .

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

3 minutes ago, porky said:

??? you missed your calling mate, you should have been a politician.

1..... As long as VC keeps posting his betson the Value post (not that i can understand them or the reasoning)...

but the total seems to creep down.

2...I realise Thomas has engaged in a shit slinging match with you guys ...BUT... I actually agree with some of his methods  in selecting winners and employ them myself .

Goes down, goes up. You've often claimed you can win but then say you don't have the patience to persevere. 

And yet what VC is doing is a method to win. And if you follow Thomas, you will lose. So please, tell us, do you win long term - or lose? Be honest.

• Like 1

Yeah, you got me fair and square Mardigras...can,t tell ya !

As I"ve said mate, She"s more of an interest these days...

Yep, I can,t stick to a system, and only bet small % exotics (beautiful invention)  i like trebles etc.

Dont lose much ...just a time waster LOL 

• Like 1